Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, October 8, 2008

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Days Of Our Lives – Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lucas walks into the cabin and Sami starts screaming at him for threatening to tell EJ about the baby. He says he was going to but changed his mind. Lucas says EJ has a right to know and Sami is the one who’s going to tell him.

Max and Stephanie are cuddling and he thanks her for taking his mind off his mother. Stephanie tells Max “his mom” is going to be okay and that she got to come home and sleep in her own bed.

At the police station Roman and Bo discuss Caroline’s predicament. Bo is upset that they don’t have the results of the fiber analysis. Roman thinks Nicole may have killed Trent, but Bo says Melanie is at the top of his suspect list.

Melanie’s in the graveyard dreaming about speaking with her dad.

At the police station, a very drunken Nick is talking about all his woes and says Trent is dead because of him. Nick says it’s all his fault and asks Bo to read him his rights. Nick then recites most of the Miranda warning himself. Bo wants to know why he thinks he is responsible for Trent’s death. Nick says if he hadn’t developed his prototype, Trent wouldn’t have come to town and none of this would have happened.

At the graveyard, Melanie and Trent are still arguing about what he did to her. He claims Melanie owes him. She says she doesn’t owe him anything. He tells her it’s her duty to obey him. She threatens him with a knife and tells him never to touch her again. Trent tries to make Melanie put the knife down, and she refuses, saying she can’t let him hurt her again. Melanie tells her dad that he turned her into an Internet bimbo. Then she asks Trent, if she does what he wants with his friend, will he stop gambling. He says he will, and she calls him a liar. Trent is still urging Melanie to put the knife down, saying she knows she cannot hurt him. He wants to take her home.

An officer gives Nick a cup of coffee, while Nick sits there and mumbles. In Roman’s office, the Brady boys talk about how Nick is one of their suspects. Bo says Nick is a good kid and Roman agrees except that Nick has a DUI to his credit now. Roman brings up Willow Stark’s death, and Bo reminds him that what happened with Willow was an accident when she hit her head on a rock. Maggie comes to pick Nick up.

Stephanie tells Max that she’s going to do a little digging on her own about Trent’s murder. Max is concerned that whoever killed Trent may come after them if they get involved. Stephanie says she thought Max would do anything to help “his mom.” Max tells Stephanie not to get involved in the situation.

Sami tells Lucas she’s not going to tell EJ anything. Lucas tells her she has to and reminds Sami of how much he missed of Will’s early life because she lied to him. Sami argues that this is a totally different situation. Lucas says she must stop messing with people’s lives, and she needs to grow up and take responsibility for her actions. Lucas says Sami should be able to trust EJ.

Maggie tells Nick how disappointed she is in him as he complains about his headache. He promises his aunt Maggie that this will never happen again. She chides him for getting behind the wheel of a car when he’s drinking. She says to call him if it ever happens again. As Maggie rants, Nick yells at her that he knows, he knows. She says she won’t let him be ruined because of alcohol. Bo asks the officer to take Nick downstairs and book him. Bo says the time in the cooler won’t be as rough as the tongue lashing Maggie gave him.

Roman and Bo discuss Caroline and hope she is holding up well. Bo says he hasn’t been home in three nights to tuck his little angel in and she keeps asking about her grandma. The mayor comes in to talk to Roman and Bo about their mother.

Back at the graveyard Melanie and Trent are still arguing. She tells Trent how shocked she was to find that she has a brother Trent thinks Max will never amount to anything and 30 years from now he’ll still be working at the pub. Melanie says Max was the lucky one because he didn’t have to grow up with Trent.

Roman assures the mayor that they’re doing everything by the book and he says to keep up the good work. He leaves with Roman and Bo wondering why he was there in the first place. Roman tells Bo they need to get a warrant to check the fibers they found against the clothes in Max’s closet.

Stephanie accuses Max of trying to protect Melanie and their argument escalates. Stephanie says Melanie is a liar and a manipulator as Max continues to defend her. Stephanie wonders if Max thinks Melanie is guilty, and he doesn’t answer. Max wants Stephanie to cut Melanie a break.

Melanie tells Trent if he doesn’t leave her alone she will disappear and he will never see her again. He says she doesn’t mean that and grabs Melanie by the arm as she tries to get away.

Lucas asks Sami if she trusts EJ and she answers by saying it’s Stefano she doesn’t trust and that he scares the heck out of her. Lucas reminds Sami of what Stefano did to her mother and says she may not want to lie to Stefano. He says he’s just trying to help her but she’s determined to do things her own way and he walks out.

Maggie visits Max at his cell and says she called Mickey. Nick says he’s never going to drink alcohol again and cannot believe he let himself get so out of control. Maggie wonders why he did it.

Roman, Bo and an officer knock at Max’s bedroom door and give him a search warrant. Max promises they won’t find anything but Bo says they still have to look as the officer comes out of the bathroom with Max’s bloody shirt. Roman questions Max about the blood on the shirt and Max says he had an altercation with Trent a few nights ago. He says he did not kill Trent as Roman instructs the officer to take the shirt to be checked against Trent’s blood type. Bo takes Max in for questioning as Stephanie protests.

At the police station, Roman and Bo yell at Max and says he put them in a tough spot. Max is also yelling about why they don’t believe him. Bo tells Max he fought with Trent the day of his murder and didn’t even tell them. Bo storms out and Roman demands Max tell him everything.

Nick tells Maggie it’s been a rough week, so he went to the Cheatin’ Heart to have a drink and Daniel Jonas walked in. Nick says he wanted to punch Daniel, but decided not to. Maggie wonders if this is about Chelsea and Nick says they broke up six months ago and he still cares about her. He tells Maggie that when Chelsea and Daniel broke up she was devastated but he was happy because he may have another chance with her.

The lab results come in on the shirt. Roman says the blood on Max’s shirt belonged to Trent Robbins and the fibers they found on Trent’s body are also from Max’s shirt.

Stephanie calls Melanie, who is still at the graveyard and tells her that Max is being questioned about Trent’s murder.

Lucas comes back to the cabin saying he forgot his phone. They stand at Allie’s crib and talk about their daughter and in the same breath they tell each other they’re sorry for what happened. Lucas says Sami is none of his business, but he still cares about her. He tells her that if EJ makes her happy then he’ll be happy too. She doesn’t want to tell EJ because she’s afraid of how he’ll react. Lucas wonders if EJ doesn’t want any more kids and Sami says what EJ wants is her. They have a nice conversation and Sami actually smiles. He says she should at least let someone else in on her secret and she mentions her parents.

Melanie storms into the police station and she and Stephanie start arguing. Melanie talks about Stephanie’s jealousy and her clinging and tells her that guys don’t like it when women behave that way. Stephanie talks about what a good and unselfish man Max is.

Maggie says maybe Nick should tell Chelsea how he feels about her. He says he can live with just being friends with Chelsea. He says the reason he’s so hung up on Chelsea is that he hasn’t been with anyone else since her. Maggie wonders if Nick is interested in Melanie.

Stephanie goes into the office, where Max is being questioned and Melanie listens at the door. (The local stations were running a child abduction emergency so the sound was blocked for a few minutes.) The questioning continues and evidently Melanie hears something interesting because she goes to her purse and takes out Trent’s wallet.

Previews

Philip and Nicole talk about how Morgan went to Chicago.
Melanie tells Bo they should stop focusing on her as a suspect and check out Trent’s real enemies.

I actually got to watch todays episode & Kathy Lu you did a great job with the write up.
But after watching, all I can say is, I hate Melanie!!!! Please get rid of her!!!
I do agree with what she said about Stephanie being a little clingy with Max....but other than that.....Hate the girl!!!
And why is Max chewing out Stephanie over his sister. I thought she really started a calm reasonable conversation with Max & Max started yelling immediately!! That just plucked my nerves!!!

Anyway...still a good show!

Thanks, KathyLu. This doesn't sound like the most exciting day but I'm going to watch it anyhow and I appreciate being able to read the preview.

So Nick still longs for another chance with Chelsea. My dad used to say you can find out what a person really thinks if he gets so drunk he doesn't know what he's saying or so angry he doesn't care what he's saying. Guess Nick fit with the first part of that today.

I know it hasn't really been very long but it already seems like the murder investigation is dragging. And while I am loving that Lucas and Sami are spending some friendly time together, I am getting tired of him telling her she needs to tell E.J. about the baby. She's pretty much in a no-win situation.

KathyLu, great write up! Loved reading it and thank you so much for doing it!

I'm getting where I don't care to read about Melanie at all. That girl is just plain devious and down right mean. I read where she take's the wallet out and put's it in Stephanie's purse. How dare her to do that. :rant: She has the nerve doesn't she?!

Well, thanks again!

She was very irritating and loud today. I thought Max went a little overboard in his defense of Melanie. Nothing Stephanie said seemed to be right as far as Max was concerned.

I also thought the scenes with Melanie and Trent at the graveyard were grossly overdone.

:rant: I just want to PUNCH Max in the face!

Are we sure there is no relation between Max and Lucas?

I think we are for sure in need of a girls night out with........Sami, Marlena, Chelsea, Stephanie, Hope & Kayla. (mom & daughters) Of course Sami will have to be the designated driver. :)

Also and a comment about Melanie...............I would like to punch her out too......especially all of that yelling in everyone's face that she does. Geeeezzzzzz............enough already!

Get rid of Melanie, I do not want poor Nick messed up with her, Chelsea might be a selfish brat but she's better than her

Back