Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 13, 2018

I liked the show. It's not a secret that I'm no fan of the storyline or of the young adult scene, yet somehow on Friday they both worked It gave us a deeper insight into Abigail's struggle, Marlena's pleading, John's desperation, and Stefan0's sick, predatory nature. Also, the Tripp and Ciara romance could work. I'm intrigued. Not a fan of Ciara's pettiness or Claire acting like a brat. Hopefully if Ciara spends more time with Tripp, that means there will be less fighting between the two women.

Not a fan of Ciara's pettiness or Claire acting like a brat. Hopefully if Ciara spends more time with Tripp, that means there will be less fighting between the two women.
This incarnation of Claire - never been a fan - she has always been unlikable. She can go and take Lani. At least we don't have to watch Lani cry incessantly. I think it's worse than Nicole. I at least had a stake in Nicole's story. Claire and Ciara don't strike me as women. This is middle school pettiness.

Some years ago, Claire was very likeable, during the period when we had RoboJohn. They got along so well, but guess that year on the boat sailing around the world, then the time in Maine ruined her. LOL

I think the writers are going for "feisty" perhaps with those girls...not working.

Gabby starts to get a headache, but comes out of it, as John appears...Hi Abigail, wonder if you know where Marlena is.

These alter dialogues remind me of the Clark Kent/Superman scenes in the old TV series!

Thinking that I may have missed the explanation of a relationship between MPD (multiple personality disorder), and headaches, I checked into a Holiday Inn Express last night. My extensive research discovered this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11264694

The info may make the storyline slightly more tolerable. Still fast-forward material, though. :sick::sick::sick:

In real(?) life, pragmatically speaking, it's easier for me believe that MPD does not exist. It's a matter of trying to maintain orderly social/legal discourse, a concept that has been under attack for some time. My opinion only!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly enough, I watched a prime time show over the weekend, I think maybe Friday nite, not sure of the title (The Crossing?) whatever it was, this man was holding hostages, and by the end of the story, it was realized he was suffering from DID.....they said those initials, went thru the explanation, etc. I had not been paying much attention (crossword puzzle, multi tasking? lol) but did so when I heard that. First time on prime time I saw anything that dealt with that. Yes, the guy was identifying himself as someone else, and someone he knew.

I think the writers are going for "feisty" perhaps with those girls...not working.

Feisty for middle school self absorbed twits. These writers do not appear to have any first hand information or association with young adult women. Oh well. I just fast forward anything they are in since they are so annoying. It cuts out a bunch of Tripp, who I do like. Wish he had some other people in his life closer to his age, like Paul, who act more age appropriate.

Half expected (perhaps hoped is a better word) that Ciara would realize the immaturity of her actions and say she is withdrawing from the contest. It's the only way Claire will win without sabotage.

Musing about the Gabby personality. What could be the source of her being attracted to Stefan? Barring Abigail's being implanted with a Stefano-esque computer chip, it would seem that the source of the Gabby alter would have to be Abby's original subconscious mind. :eek::eek::eek:

I need a break! :)

Back