Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug., 10, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
August 10, 2018

JJ comes to see Abby, can tell something wrong, Abby tells of Chad leaving and the whole tale of why. JJ can see why Chad walking in to see his hated brother touching his wife would upset him. Abby blames herself, says she only let Stefan do it to have him leave. JJ mentions knowing how it feels to have your other half have a baby by another man. Abby apologizes, JJ notes he & Lani not married, she lied about it, Abby told Chad truth. She admits she almost didn’t, Gabi suggested she lie, but …JJ mentions seeing Gabi with Chad, having intimate moment, but she explained Chad walking out. He now has to go, she thanks him, both have each other’s back.

Hope all cheery because she made deal with Ben to leave town, is rather giddy. Rafe points out if Hope gets on his case Ben would have a good harassment case. She is not worried, he is going. They get all cozy, she ends up inviting him to spend the night at her place ….permanently. Gabi calls Rafe, kiss Hope after.

Sonny on phone with Will, have to get money, Chad come in, hears. Sonny off phone, makes up tale of new business. Chad tell of leaving home & why. Gabi overhears, smiles, comes in, wants to see Ari, Sonny gets her, Gabi tells her truth, was in prison, someone made up bad story, Sonny chimes in on why he did not tell….hugs for mommy, wants her to sleep over, in her room. Sonny insists she stay. Chad is going to leave – Salem Inn, sonny insists he stay, too, Gabi is extra pleased.

Ciara questions Ben, learns why he has to leave, is going to confront her mom, he stops her. She wants him to stay, he doesn’t want to be hounded by entire police force, no one will give huim a job. She presses, gets up to go confront her mom, stumbles, falls, he catches her, gets her back up. She figures not used to this without crutches (ever hear of a cane?). Ciara talks him into standing up for himself, show everyone he is not the same person.

Marlena not happy John sees her in wedding dress..bad luck. He doesn’t believe in that nonsense, and she should not either. She gets out of dress, into robe, love & lust take over. Later, happily in afterglow, they talk of upcoming wedding. Still no rsvp from her…guess who calls right then. Turns out Sami is not coming…….says is embarrassed by what happened with Rafe, everyone knows, she cannot face Hope. Marlena doesn’t believe that, neither does John, Sami is afraid of nothing. Both figure Samantha Gene is up to something.

Sami’s hiding something (a pregnancy...or maybe even the baby is already born).
Abigail better get smart to Gabi’s role in all her misery. And fast.
Little Ari forgives all and wants her mommy to sleep over. How convenient, writers.
Marlena and John...hope that they actually get married and stay married.

So sorry you are hurt Poirot.

Ugh so Hope and Rafe are back together. Do not like them as a couple at all. I kinda forgot that they are actually married.

I am very happy that the Arianna hating Gabi is over. But not liking Gabi moving in on Chad.

Can't wait to see Ciara let Hope have it. Isn't blackmail a crime? Isn't that what Hope did to Ben?

Thanks, Poirot for the write up despite your hand. :)

While I've not seen today's show, but for as many times as John and Marlena have been married, give......me.......a........break. I am not superstitious and perhaps it's one of those things that are just hardwired into different genders but just because John saw Marlena in her wedding dress prior to the wedding means absolutely nothing, in my opinion.

Again, maybe cause I'm a guy but seeing my bride or groom before the wedding means absolutely nothing as to whether it will last or not. Just seems old fashioned for this day and age. Same with asking the bride's father for her hand in marriage. Ummmm.....I think a bride can speak for herself and choose her suitor with or without her father's permission. Sorry got off topic there. Some traditions/superstitions to me are silly.

And so we can expect "She Who Shall Not Be Named" to be back soon what with all the name dropping this week.

I'm looking forward to Hope being blasted for her unprofessional behaviour and bullying too.

Thanks, Poirot. I hope your hand is better soon.

I think Marlena should buy a new dress for the wedding. Just because John
doesn't think it's necessary, it is Salem :)

So Hope and Rafe are having a sleep over at Hope's house. And Sami just
talked to Marlena. What does this mean? I think we all know something
is going to happen, but we won't know what that is until later.

I'm glad Arianna made up with Gabi. It was an interesting conversation
about Gabi lying to Ari.. Maybe Gabi needs to do something with the
lie she started with who Abby's baby daddy is.

Sami’s hiding something (a pregnancy...or maybe even the baby is already born).

When I first saw this, for an instant I thought it said, "or maybe even the baby is already grown." Lol, that would be the most extreme rapid aging job ever!

Muzz, the weirdest thing to me about the whole wedding thing is that they are giving John a bachelor party. :rolleyes:

Poirot, your summary is much appreciated, especially with your hand hurting. If you need to give it a rest, we'll understand.

I'm pretty sure I lost part of the show due to rain and lost satellite signal. I don't mind though, since the rain was much needed, and there are parts of this episode I wouldn't watch anyway.

Thanks Poirot

John and Marlena were the only ones in bed today. I liked John's line about not believing in bad luck because he believes in true love.

The Sami pregnancy anvils are definitely there between her not wanting to come back and the Rafe/Hope reconciliation. Also, who did she think wouldn't be happy to see her? Lol.

I'm not a Rafe/Hope fan but their scenes didn't irritate me and I thought they were pretty subtle. I also appreciate that we just got a kiss and that's it. My guess is Rafe will move into Hope's house and Gabi will have some excuse as to why she can't stay at Rafe's house with Ari.

I like that Rafe thinks Hope is out of line too. I wonder if she will lose her job eventually.

Ciara and Ben were great but the lighting was weird. It almost looked like 2 different scenes spliced together.

I liked that the Deveraux kids were seated in front of a wedding picture of their divorced parents. Jack seems to be the only dead character who consistently has his photo shown.

Chad has time for Gabi and Ari but Abby and Thomas. I hope JJ and Steve go after him.

If Sami even sees or talks to her kids at all. So much is left to our imagination concerning her kids. I think Will may have mentioned hearing from her but the others could be anywhere or any age by now.

I've only had a chance to watch the first couple of scenes so far. Enough (combined with the previous day's episode) to leave me wondering which way Hope irritates me the most--angry or giddy. I used to really like her. It's too bad she has become someone I don't even want to watch.

John seeing her wedding dress shouldn't be the thing that worries Marlena. It should be the track record of Salem weddings. In recent years, something bad almost always happens. Given John's history of bad luck, it's not inconceivable that Sami charges in and raises a fuss, somebody shows Eric's infamous sex tape, Eric and Brady come to blows, or somebody takes a shot at somebody else.

So Rafe and Hope are back together. His pitiful pursuit of the unprofessional commissioner has paid off. It's too bad that Mami is no longer a member of the cast. She just might give her son an earful about his prospective bride: she can't cook, has a nasty streak, is no good at her job, and still has a thing for her late felon husband. (if she knew the truth, Mami might also unload on her wayward daughter, Gabi.)

Finally, it was good to see that Ben is not going to allow himself to be run out of town by amateur psychiatrist Hope. Her bad behavior should not be rewarded. In fact, Ted should file a lawsuit against her. It would give him something to do when he's not tormenting Big Boy Sonny and Will.

Last edited:
Given John's history of bad luck, it's not inconceivable that Sami charges in and raises a fuss, somebody shows Eric's infamous sex tape, Eric and Brady come to blows, or somebody takes a shot at somebody else.
And it all ends up with another Stefano resurrection and a coma for John!

Back