Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 18, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 18, 2017

Julie is visiting Abby, all concern and really nice, glad she & Chad are back together. Abby worried about Chad going to prison, never seeing him again. Abby brings up Gabi, causing Julie to spew her venom about Gabi killing their poor wonderful Nick, not sure if she will ever come to forgive her. Andre comes in, he & Julie exchange a lot of snark, she leaves.

Chad & Sonny pace in some room, hoping they will be going free, evidently Justin is there, the court hearing coming up. Paul arrives, learns the fellows remembered some more from the party night, and neither of them killed Deimos. Justin is with the judge, Paul gets a text, judge is ready, Chad is first up, he leaves.

At DiMansion, Kate stops Andre from leaving for the courthouse, warning him that his being there might be costly to Chad. Andre claims his sins were years and years ago, but Kate knows Salemites have long memories. They go back and forth with a bit of snark, Andre leaves.

Hattie is still attacking Roman with the big smooch, he pushes her away, what is she doing. She goes at him again, He firmly shoves her off him, tells her to slow this down, she just broke it off with John, but whatever was between them years ago is over, long gone. He may be looking for love, but wants the companionship, the knowing someone is there waiting for him, that there NEVER will be anything between them.

Andre is happy to see Abby doing better, and in comes Chad, with a rose for Abby. Kiss. Andre smiles, all is well as far as he is concerned, leaves to give them alone time. Abby tells Chad how she thought she was going to lose him again, nope, you will never lose me, I will always be here.

John is pacing in the square, doesn't even notice Kate who stops him to apologize for all she said to him the other day about him & Marlena. John is distracted, says she was right, tells of Marlena dumping him. Kate cannot believe it, John is saying something is not right, he cannot put his finger on it. Kate grabs his hand , is taking him for a drink, he needs to settle down.

Sonny is free, he & Paul are happy, Sonny will be glad to get back to Titan, admits he made a lot of mistakes when he first took over, Paul figures Sonny will be rectifying those, Sonny agrees, kiss. smiles.

Chloe arrives at the Horton Center, overhearing Eric, as he looks at a couple pics of Nicole, muttering he cannot seem to get over her. Chloe tells of getting a gig at Club TBD, only now the owner who hired her is on the run. She mentions Deimos being killed, Nicole has been keeping in touch.Eric comments Nicole is doing well, is nearly at the end of her community service, has proved herself, etc. Chloe thinks maybe Eric still has a thing for Nik, Eric admits he does, but she doesn't know.

Nicole comes into Kmansion, there is Brady. She can tell he is upset, says she & Eric not having affair. He does not believe, spills what he heard when he followed her, knows they are having affair. He heard her talking about the photo shoot (figures some sort of sex pics, I guess), Nicole gets ticked, pulls out the envelope of pics, makes Brady check them out. He is puzzled, she explains about the pics & Holly, figures he trashed Eric's room. Yes, he admits it, was looking for proof of their affair. No affair, and she finally tells him what the secret was.....that she forgave Eric. Brady argues she said she never would, but she tells of finding the letters, seeing how Eric was suffering all that time. And she did not tell him because she thought he would get all crazy and jealous, and suspect something that wasn't going on, exactly as he is doing now.

Hattie is trying to reason with Roman, claiming as "Marlena", she & Roman were meant to be, but Roman is having none of that. He repeats that what they had was long ago, and will never, ever be again, go find John and work it out. Hattie is mortified, and upset, she stands up, Kate & John come in, Hattie storms out, flying right by John, who says hello, tries to stop her, she ignores him, rushes out. John is flabbergasted, what the heck just happened. Roman says they had an argument. About what. Roman says they kissed, & there is a scuffle, Kate breaks it up, Roman protesting that John should hear him out, that he was trying to get her to reconsider leaving John, comments about John having a good punch. John apologizes, cannot imagine what is wrong with Marlena, doesn't stay for a drink, has to go find her.

And sorry, but NBC AGAIN INTERRUPTED the show, so I did not get the last 15 minutes. Cannot believe they did this on a Friday. Anyone who sees the end, please fill in details. :)

And sorry, but NBC AGAIN INTERRUPTED the show, so I did not get the last 15 minutes. Cannot believe they did this on a Friday. Anyone who sees the end, please fill in details. :)
I can't believe the afternoon shows were interrupted, again. They didn't say anything that could not have waited until the evening news. :angry:

Thank you, Poirot.

Hopefully, the doppelganger switch gets figured out quickly. So far, we have John, Roman, Kate, Eric, and Lucas knowing that something isn't right with either "Marlena" or "Adrienne". . If anyone else does, I missed those scenes.

Oh man, Brady has sure been drinking the stupid juice of jealousy. I wanted to reach through the tv and knock some sense into him. Poor Nicole doesn't deserve what he's dumping on her. I wish the writers would just give her a break already.

Hmmm, well, I now have managed to see the last few minutes that I missed. John leaves the Pub, needs answers and needs to get them from just one person, Marlena.

We then see him pounding on Hattie's door, calling for Marlena, knows she is in there, is not leaving til she opens the door.

Meanwhile, Kate tends to Roman's slightly cut lip (from John's punch), listening as he talks of "Marlena", what she said, talking of old times, etc. And makes him think that though he has been alone a long time, been fine, maybe it is time he find someone, or perhaps revisit an old love. Faces are close...they kiss, as Andre walks in and observes.

Sonny & Paul are waiting for Justin to bring in Sonny's get out of jail papers, talk of getting a big steak, but Sonny wants Caroline's chowder. Talks of how he thought he might never be able to taste that again, or spend Thanksgiving with his family, take ARi to the park, watch fireworks on 4th of July, wake up next to Paul in the a.m., see him last thing before going to sleep, and everything in between. Smiles. Paul figures they should leave now. But Sonny has something important to ask him.

Nicole & Brady just don't think Eric could have murdered anyone, but she remembers him coming back in that Halo induced state, saying he thinks he did something bad. Brady hands the amulet to Nicole, who seems shaken then, holds it, gets a panic look on her face. She recalls standing, holding the amulet at the party.

Chad sits with Abby, looks serious. She asks him what is wrong, what is it? He just says "Marry me".

Thank you, Poirot. I missed all of that.

So now even more bad luck will come to Nicole? :sad:

Wedding bells again for Chad/Abby? I'd like to see a real Days wedding like we used to have.

Maybe wedding bells for Sonny and Paul, too?

I liked when Roman and Kate fell in love and got married years ago. It would be nice if that were to happen again, but only if Kate becomes that better version that we had back then.

Could Andre secretly be in love with Kate?

Wow, today was quite an interesting all around episode! It was a good episode to watch everything unfold. For one thing, I did not expect Roman to ever want to revisit Kate since it has been so long. Figured that was forgotten but I felt Roman did keep Kate grounded.

So now that Sonny and Chad are free from prison cleared, looks like both Eric and Nicole may be in some hot water themselves. Quite a twist there because it can go either way. Though to me Nicole would be too obvious of a guess to who murdered Deimos since it is hinted the murderer is someone unlikely.

Looks like Hattie went about her plan too confident and too soon.

Thank you for filling in the ending! It seemed to be a good one to see, too!

I am glad they didn't drag getting Sonny and Chad out of jail, it seemed long enough already!

I laughed when Nicole called Brady an "idiot" and pleased to see she told him why she visited Eric, keep it moving.

Chloe came back to Salem to help people, what a difference. I know that's not her real reason but it sure seems so!

Like father, like son: John and Brady both seem to share the same trait -- jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Feast or famine: After years of going kissless, Roman gets some from two different women on the same day. What next, a visit from his old admirer, Giselle van Hopper, the queen of Salem society?

Doing the right thing: So Big Boy Sonny wants to do the right thing as soon as he gets back to Titan? If so, he should rehire all the poor people whom he fired and give them a bonus and vacation time. He should also apologize to all those who were stressed out by his massacre of Deimos hirees.

True love finds a way: Hopefully, the reconciliation between Chad and Abigail will stick. That triangle with Gabi was becoming truly unbearable.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than the doppelganger garbage, along comes Julie. UGH:sick:
Ugh is right. What kind of world is it when Andre comes across as the reasonable one in the room?
I can't believe the afternoon shows were interrupted, again. They didn't say anything that could not have waited until the evening news. :angry:
Totally agree. If NBC wants to show this stuff, they should put it onto MSNBC, which is one of the stations for news junkies and let daytime viewers enjoy their programs without interruption.

The episode was a good one. I never saw Kate & Roman coming right now. However, I'm very glad it did! Let's see what happens. I hope something more serious develops. She and Andre should just remain friends--she's already been involved with two of his relatives (EJ and Stefano). Yuck.

I'm glad Brady feels like a dunce after what happened. I feel sad for Nicole. Why does bad luck always have to come to her? Maybe no one will learn the truth.

Chloe and Eric had some nice scenes, as did Chad and Abigail. Can't stand Julie, though. Could really do without that part. John also could've handled the situation with Roman better.

Thanks, Poirot.

I sort of feel sorry for Hattie. She should have just been herself instead
of trying to be Marlena.

It's official now. Roman got a kiss since we saw it. Of course, Andre had
to show up and see him kiss Kate.

Interesting conversation Andre and Abby had after Julie left. Discussing
what it means to be called crazy.

I'm glad Nicole finally told Dopey, I mean Brady, what's been going on with
her and Eric.

Nicole now holds the amulet and she gets a memory from the party. I wish
someone would just throw the cursed thing away.

Kate knows Salemites have long memories
Except when it comes to her, unfortunately.

REALLY good episode. I am getting a kick out of Kate/Roman - I always wish they'd worked it out after Melaswen. And of course, now that it's an affair, she's getting interest from Roman again. LOL.

Paul/Sonny, blechh. Chad & Abby = :love::love::love::love:

Eric and Chloe could work together very nicely. But Brady and Nicole are done for me. Brady needs a rest, as Heather said yesterday.
Feast or famine: After years of going kissless, Roman gets some from two different women on the same day. What next, a visit from his old admirer, Giselle van Hopper, the queen of Salem society?
I would love this.

I would also like it - as much as I am - glub - liking André in his faux Tony role - if this turned André back to the dark side (as long as it means a quick exit).

The only time Kate has ever been tolerable for me is when she was with Roman. It's classic good guy/bad girl soap trope and the actors still have chemistry. Maybe they will work together to help Marlena.

Andre did seem jealous. Can they retcon him into Tony with a split personality already?

Speaking of Marlena, where is Marlena? Kidnapping stories don't usually work unless you actually see the victim. Remember all the times we saw her locked up somewhere trying to get out? That's missing here.

I kind of enjoyed Roman putting John in his place, not something we see often.

Eric and Chloe: I didn't hate it. They looked really good together and I liked that she was counseling him. Interesting mention of the job at TBD. Will Sonny and/or Chad save it?

Nicole should have walked out on Brady after she showed him the pictures. He still didn't apologize to her or provide explanation for his sudden jealousy of her and Eric.

Chad and Abby: loved it. The fascination with Andre needs to end though. Julie and Andre going off on each other was funny.

Marlena is in a padded cell, in a strait jacket and sedated. Her one attempt at getting herself out failed miserably when she babbled and babbled on phone to John who had bad reception, so was having problem understanding. That was a big FAIL, but guess the actress had to play Hattie for quite a bit, so Marlena is out like a light.

I hope the doppelganger story is over soon. They have dealt with Hattie being Marlena before right? At least with her I would think they would be thinking that already. Plus Marlena and Adrienne didn't really hang around did they? Now they are together all the time? Needs to end.

I'm not sure why but I was liking Chad and Abby today. Never been a fan but probably should learn to like them and today I did.

I swear it had better not be Nicole that killed Deimos!!! Unless it can proven to be justified self defense. This woman has been through enough!

They have dealt with Hattie being Marlena before right?
No, not really. Hattie never took Marlena's place before.

When Marlena was identified as the Salem Stalker, John brought Hattie (played by Deidre Hall for the first time) to the hospital, but she had an alibi for each murder.

Back