Days of Our Lives - Fri., Aug. 25, 2017

Kudos to the writers for pulling the plug (literally) on awful Anjelica. If only they had done this with other obnoxious villains who had overstayed their welcome. Out-of-nowhere heart attacks for the likes of Deimos, Yo-Daddy, Orpheus, Kristen, and Ian McAllister would have had the viewers cheering.

As for the John-Marlena living arrangements, such laxness is par for the course for Salem institutions. How long will it be before John channels his inner-Houdini, gets out of his straight-jacket, jumps a guard, and successfully flees with his Doc?

jacketpic.jpg

Houdini: "Watch closely, John.
Here's how it's done."

Last edited:
We have to remember the show was being/is being very careful with Drake Hogestyn (John) after the horrific accident last year. He took a long time recovering, and when he finally returned, they still were using him sparingly. So, don't care if John did not overpower the two orderlies, would rather the actors stay safe.

I noted how Anjelica fell conveniently on the lounge chair, not the floor. Deimos sunk slowly to the floor after being knifed.

I do agree about the inane move of Gabi going to the hospital, with that flimy excuse of a card Ari made. She knew darn well Chad would be there, could have given the card to Sonny to bring from Ari. She broke it off with Chad, so why act like the sky is falling because he is with Abby. She knew that is exactly where he would go, where he would be.

I kind of sorta gave a somewhat half-heated attempt to defense of Gabi going to the hospital in my original post on this thread which I won't reiterate because I actually agree that she shouldn't have gone there.

But on the other I read her walking out of the hospital instead of trying to rejoin everybody in Abigail's room as her walking away to bigger and better things, back to JJ. would be grrrreat, as the iconic Kellogg's cereal mascot Tony the Tiger used to say. I know, I know, her breaking up with Chad was the much better ending, but I firmly, in my heart of hearts, believe the reason why they didn't go with that ending as perfect as it was is, because.

I dare anyone to try to dispute that steel-trap like bit of logic. :rotfl:

Thanks for the summary. A good episode I guess. I enjoyed Jennifer with Eric and Nicole with Gabi. The end was a pleasant surprise. The rest seemed like filler. Here's to hoping the next set of episodes are better after a slow end of the week.

Back