Days of Our Lives - Fri. Aug. 27, 2010

Thanks Barb for another good write!

Is Nicole so dense that she didn't think to put a couple hundred-thousand $$$ under her pillow for incidentals??? Who goes around penniless with
5 million dollars in an off-shore accout, duh??!!...... LOL

Thanks Barb for another good write!

Is Nicole so dense that she didn't think to put a couple hundred-thousand $$$ under her pillow for incidentals??? Who goes around penniless with
5 million dollars in an off-shore accout, duh??!!...... LOL

Nicole's situation has be confused. I remember the show where she was calling to check on the money and she verified the account being in the Nicole Walker or Nicole Walker DiMera name. So.......if EJ deposited $5M into her name, him nor anyone else would/should be able to freeze it. :confused:

Am guessing it is the Federal govt. Taxes??? They could have been tipped that perhaps the money is illicit funds.....obtained from running drugs, or some scam, or gambling winnings.....etc. etc.
But, I also thought that the reason folks had those off shore accounts was so they could not be touched and their identity was confidential. ?????

I just watched this episode. IT WAS AWESOME. The acting in this episode was stellar. Everyone was amazing. This just proves that if TPTB put their heads together they can write a pretty darn good show. I think Allison Sweeny should put her name in for the Daytime Emmy and use today's or yesterday's performance. I have always been a fan of Sami,although she has not been herself for awhile, but today she made me like her even more. The things she said have been what I have wanted to her to say to EJ for a very long time. James Scott did a great job as well. Their scenes were electric.
I have to watch it again to see if I missed anything

I see the next story line on the horizon, burying Maggie alive. I so don't like this one at all. It's been done before and she deserves something so much better!! Vivian's hatred, envy and jealousy are over the top. The Hortons certainly have and will continue to have nothing but heartache and drama for months to come it seems.

Maybe, just maybe tptb will do a switcheroo and let victor find out and bury Viv instead...but that would just make too much sense. I am so sick of Viv and her crazy obsession with Victor...and I'm starting to like the Maggie/Victor "friendship" even more JMO

They could have been tipped that perhaps the money is illicit funds.....
But, I also thought that the reason folks had those off shore accounts was so they could not be touched and their identity was confidential. ?????

The only reason I can think of .... and it doesn't have to be US Gov .... could be the gov't where bank is or interpol or ?? .... in the 21st century, the word 'terrorism' can move (or freeze) mountains. If there was a call/tip hinting that the account was linked ... no matter if it was a 'numbered'/anonymous one, they'd err on the side of 'safety' and freeze it until a full investigation was done. And w/ the wire transfer coming from the DiMera's ... it 'could' be believable! JMO

@GAGirl73

yer absolutely right it was a stellar performance....we can argue all we want about who's right and who's wrong in this storyline but I think a lot of our passion for the it has to do with the remarkable execution by the actors. BRAVO!!!!

I got early this morning to finish my ‘to do’ list before Dool’s came on at 1:00 pm. Made 4 loaves of zucchini bread, 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies, 2 quarts of salsa, put together the fixings for a big pasta salad, cleaned up the kitchen from all the cooking, wrapped a birthday present, went to the garden and harvested green beans, tomatoes, zucchini, Anaheim chilies, jalapeño peppers, all of this in preparation for going to our grandson’s birthday tomorrow. Sat down to watch Days with my lunch in hand, now I’m ready bring on the drama. Wouldn’t you know it, the only drama at saw at 1:00 pm was the back of my eye balls. At 2:10 I woke up to say the least not in a good mood and starving because I didn’t even eat my lunch before I conked out.

All I can say is Thank Goodness for DVR … today’s episode was great. For about 18 minutes into the show I thought for sure Sami was falling for EJ’s ‘but I love you we can get through this’ line. Then out she came, our Sami of old, fighting for her survival against the Dimera pond scum. Nice touch having Rafe walk in to back her up while she got the kids. But did you notice how much taller Allie was than Johnny. If anything it should be the other way around since Lucas is short and EJ is tall. Kate’s astonishment that EJ was behind Sydney’s kidnapping, the ever so slight choking in her voice and her distain when Stephano dismissed her from the parlor, not to mention her later comment to Stephano “you knew about this”. You could see the wheels turning this could be the beginning of the end for Stephano and Kate, he is as much of a control freak as his son EJ. There will surely be a very unhappy Stephano when Kate comes out with the truth about Chad. Lies, Lies Lies where do you go from there?
Now on to Chloe and Daniel at Victor’s…what was with Chloe holding her belly when she came into the Kiriakis parlor? Victor was in fine tune with his insults and apologies. The writers do a fine job with Victor’s lines. Anxiously awaiting Monday’s show!

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but why in heck would the Dimera crew need to leave the mansion so that Rafe could talk to Sami and EJ? Let me repeat that. Why did they have to leave the mansion? The Mansion! By definition, a mansion is a house with many rooms. Why couldn't they have just gone to a room on the other side of the mansion. Everyone would have had plenty of privacy. Plain dumb. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. And thanks for a superb summary Barb.

If they stayed at the Mansion ..... Stefano wouldn't have been able to have an 'encounter' with Nicole at the Pub. :)
Besides, you're talking common sense & logic .... non-existent in Salem.

Yes, Kpatch, that was silly, and what bugged me most was that they even dragged poor little Sydney out of her sick bed and took her along to the pub, instead of leaving her at home with Mary. It was like they had to site clear the entire mansion for a conversation in one room. Genehunter is right though, and I guess they wanted Nicole to see Sydney and comment on how she has grown.

Never thought about it, but it is true. They could have gone to another part of the mansion. I am sure there was drinks and ice cream at the house. Maybe it was to entertain the kids for a while.

Nahhhh, it was strictly so Stefano could see Nicole......and then walk in on Sami telling EJ she is taking the kids and he will never get his hands on them. Thus Stefano could roar at EJ.......tell Kate to get lost, which gets her dander up.....etc.

By George, I think she got it! Yep. That was definitely it.

I think KathyLu has the answer. They wanted to show the people waiting to find out what was going on and needed a set for them to be in.

Back