Days of Our Lives - Fri., August 16, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, August 16, 2019

Ah, the puzzle pieces are beginning to fall into place, all over town, as we replay Thursday's closing scenes and expand a bit. Anna has announced to Tony, much to Roman's surprise, that she & Roman are getting married. Tony protests, she makes up excuses, talks a bit about when she came to town last time, bringing Tony's ashes, being accused of murder (via the urn, no less), Roman standing by her, yada, dada, doo. She kisses Roman to prove her point. Tony is beside himself, she cannot be serious. Roman doesn't outright agree, sort of vague, but doesn't outright deny. The only way Tony can get her back is divorcing Nicole. That shuts Tony up, but Anna warns him she & Roman just may elope!

Tony leaves, Anna thanks Roman profusely, jabbers about him now being so jealous, she knows he will divorce Nicole. What if he doesn't?, asks Roman. She just goes on and on, but Roman repeats the question. Anna's face changes.....Guess we will cross that bridge if we come to it. She leaves.

Fake Nicole & Kate are arguing, with Ben & Ciara all ears as they hide under the bed. Kate claims she knows Nicole is framing Stefan, that there has to be someone else, mentions how she opened the door to the room where Kate & Ted were being held, looked, and slammed it shut. She figures if she & Nik work together, they can get this person. Nicole refuses, tells Kate she is all wrong, and walks out. Kate is beside herself, what will she do now, who can she possibly get to help, that she can trust. Out pop the two from under the bed.....what about us? Oh, they heard Kate say she knows Stefan did not imprison them, (Kate said to fake Nik that Ted told her of being hit on head from behind, etc.). The daring duo tell of working for Stefan, and after what they heard, know he is off the hook. Kate orders them to leave, or she will call security.

John & Hope are dealing with Xander, who wants to make a deal. He insinuates he may have been mistaken about naming Stefan, but wants new deal. John & Hope take him down to P.D., saying they are the ones to make a deal with him, not them.

Meanwhile, at the station, Gabi has come in to pester Rafe about who killed Laurent, he explains he cannot discuss any case with her, and why does she care, since she supposedly wanted revenge on Stefan. She claims that is so, but he might come after her, if caught, or some such nonsense. He gets a call, will be right back, and of course, she noses thru files on his desk, reads the one on Laurent. Rafe returns, catches her, scolds her. She starts throwing all kinds of questions, about the woman who threw the necklace in the trash, Hope could I.D. Her. Rafe explains thieves mostly wear gloves, and he is asking all the same questions she is, so.....until they get answers............

Tony sits looking at a pic of Anna, but flashes back to Kristen telling him he cannot divorce her until she gets the company back. And if he doesn't stay away from Anna, she will be forced to kill her. Tony ponders......oh, Anna, what am I to do?

Fake Nicole was to meet Mr. Shin, put him off to go see Kate. He is calling her, as she still has not shown up, Stefan walks by, hears him leaving message, so confronts Shin. He repeats being innocent himself, that yes, his wife has reason to hate him, but Nicole is not to be trusted. He goes on a bit, they leave to go to a more private area (oh, sure, the square & park are soooo private), and Stefan earnestly repeats it all. Shin gets a call from fake Nik who is now there, decides to let it go to voicemail.

Fake Nik sits, wondering where the heck is Shin, then decides he stood her up, Gabi got to him, convinced him some way to not meet with her. She is gonna make Gabi pay.

Stefan meets with Ben & Ciara, shocked they both went to Nicole's room. Ciara explains since Ben has a record, he would have gotten in trouble for breaking into Nik's room, so she did.

John & Hope are strolling thru the square, figuring that went well, they left Xander with Trask, hope they work something out, and along come Hart to Hart.........I mean Ciara & Ben. They have some info, know Nicole is in this deep, Kate knows more than she has told the cops. Someone else is involved, and she would not team up with them.

Stefan goes to see Rafe, who really won't tell him anything. He does say that Stefan is the last person he wants to see his sister with, but she does what she wants. He thinks she doesn't really hate Stefan, and that he, too, doesn't hate her. So why don't you both grow up, and tell each other how you feel.

Kate is having a martini in the Pub, Shin comes in....comments a bit early for martinis, but I could use a drink myself. He complains about troubles with the 2 Mrs. DiMeras, and how the board is not really happy with either one. He thinks another Mrs. DiMera would work out. She smiles, eats her olive, doubts Abby would be any good. Actually, Shin replies, was thinking of YOU.

Gabi returns home, reflecting on what Rafe said about Stefan & her. Fake Nicole charges in, ranting about Shin, Gabi has no idea what she is talking about, he is not there. Fake Nik starts in on how Gabi telling lies, putting one over on Shin, blah, blah. Gabi is yapping right back, and suddenly lightbulbs begin going off, as Gabi figures Nicole is the one who killed Ted, framed Stefan, killing 2 birds with one bullet. She took the necklace, dumped it in trash, Hope can I.D. Her. Gabi cannot keep her mouth shut, brags of having seen the police report. She starts to walk out, fake Nik grabs her arm, Gabi tries to pull away, they struggle, Gabi grabs her hair, Nik pushes her away, Gabi lands on the floor, wig in hand. She stares at it, a wig? It's a wig? Then she has the mask in her hand, stares at it, looks up, and there is the grinning Kristen, perfect makeup, lipstick, lol. Gabi is in shock............KRISTEN????

Well didn't see that coming!! Wasn't expecting Gabi to be the one to unmask Kristen. But finally!! Though I'm sure Gabi is going to end up in the tunnels.

I didn't go back and check but I guess Kate never mentioned Kristen's name that Ciara and Ben would hear? Just thank goodness it's coming to an end. Of course may be the end of Sarah and Eric too when he finds out fake Nicole was the one that hated him!

I can say openly that the spoilers never said Gabi would see Kristen unmasked, so that was a nice surprise! So it is pretty obvious Gabi's life is now highly endangered. I was glad we finally get an on-screen appearance from Mr. Shin. For the past decade or so he has just been a person on the phone.

That's exactly the kind of way to bring in new characters. It's so simple. Why not have Mr. Shin stay and play a bigger part? Why always try to bring people that are related? Simple is often the better way in my view. And I would be much more entertained by new characters that arrive simply, than by old characters that keep coming back after having had a complete personality change or in ways that make no sense at all.

John & Hope are dealing with Xander... John & Hope take him down to P.D.
By whose authority can John and Hope do this? I know he's a PI, but Hope is a fired ex-police commissioner. They couldn't arrest him, so I can't believe Xander would even answer their questions much less let them "take" him anywhere.

Ciara explains since Ben has a record, he would have gotten in trouble for breaking into Nik's room, so she did.
Doesn't that little twit realize she also committed a crime?

Just thank goodness it's (fake Nicole) coming to an end.
I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

Last edited:
Xander wanted a deal, John & Hope said they could not promise anything to him, only the police could. So Xander agreed to go to there with them, they talked to Rafe, Rafe took Xander into see Trask.

Ciara knew it would be a crime, but figured much lesser for her than it would have been for Ben.

And am quite sure Kristen's reign of terror will be over by the end of the month.

Thanks, Poirot.

Anna said my sweet Roman... That was some kiss she gave him.

I wonder what new store is going up on the square?

Jack is lucky Melinda took the DA job since Xander wants tell them who's
really in charge of Kate and Ted's kidnapping.

Why didn't Shin try to hire Kate before the other two Mrs DiMeras were
trying to get the job?

What an ending with Gabi pulling the "face off" Kristen.

Kate orders them to leave, or she will call security.
Wait - weren't they all trespassing in Nicole-who's-really-Kristen's hotel room? Ugh.
So why don't you both grow up, and tell each other how you feel.
But then what story could Ron Carlivati (current Head Writer) tell?

I really need to have Ciara do something besides be Ben's girlfriend. I also feel Ben is bored in most of his scenes.

Tis interesting for sure.....the number was used for Hope back in 2016........and supposedly is the real number of an ins. agent.....in Australia!!! LOL

Summary on FEb. 11, 2016, JasonD lists the number as a "fun fact" when Rafe calls Hope. LOLOLOL

Well didn't see that coming!! Wasn't expecting Gabi to be the one to unmask Kristen. But finally!! Though I'm sure Gabi is going to end up in the tunnels.
If Gabi ended up in the tunnels, she might not be there long. All her high-pitched squawking (Help, save me, Rafe!!!!!) would send the armies of DiMera tunnel rats swarming into the nearby streets. An investigation of this new infestation would lead back to the tunnels and Gabi would be rescued.

As for Mr. Shin, this man is a perfect fit for Salem. By any stretch of the imagination all the possible candidates for CEO of DiMera are woefully unqualified, but he never bats an eye.

Finally, Xander is well on his way to be a real Salemite. The crimes he committed while working for Kristen would send him away for quite a while, but probably won't stick at all. Like his grouchy Uncle Vic who has never paid for his many crimes, the X-Man seems to have acquired a Teflon coat, which makes any legal penalties for his actions so improbable as to hardly merit consideration.

Although Kate is a better choice than Gabi or "Nicole" I am surprised Mr. Shin did not consider offering the job to Chad. The main reason he accepted the job in Paris was because he did not want to share the CEO position with Stefan.

Back