Days of Our Lives - Fri. Dec. 13, 2013

YES...DAYS writers should definitely embark on a storyline involving STD's instead of the usual unplanned One Night Stand pregnancy stories...But they will certainly ruin it before it starts

Another fun show.

I was laughing so much with Sonny listening, then holding up a coat,
hiding behind the stroller.

Poirot, when Sonny had his old apartment there was a hallway
and no outside. Whey they moved across the hall, things changed
along the way. The hallway gone and they put in outside.
Things change in Salem in strange ways.

Great seeing Roman and now we know for sure he has seen Arianna.
It was funny in both of his scenes the women were fighting with each other.

I'm not sure why Brady wants to talk to Jen, how will he explain
he knows that Bench is a bad bench to buy drugs,

The best part was Nicole forgiving Eric. I hope she meant it.

So I actually saw this episode. It just aired on soapnet and I randomly passed it so decided to watch. I'm still a week behind in recaps. So I'll have to read why Eric was in the hospital later.

The Sonny reactions to hearing about Nick's death was priceless. But Gabi did bring up an interesting point, it would have been self-defense if they went to the police then. Therefore, now it's murder. I know Sami is involved and it's Salem so it's unlikely they'd get time. But I think in a normal case they would get jail time. Therefore, I'm once again leaning to Nick being alive. It would be too hard to explain why Gabi, Kate and Sami don't do jail time for this. UNLESS the DOOL writers gave up completely on any sense of realism in the show. And there is no way a secret like this can stay hidden forever. It is a soap opera. I am very curious what Sonny will do with the news. I think Gabi's secrets are really putting Sonny in a corner that could hurt Will when he finds out all the secrets Sonny kept from him. Because I highly doubt Sonny will tell him the truth this soon.

I'm too protective of Nicole right now. I didn't like Marlena yelling at Nic about Eric. Nicole has only tried to help Eric and everyone makes her feel like a monster for having feelings for him. She never acted on them. Somehow Nicole is suffering for Kristen's actions, yet again. :rolleyes:

Roman was cute with his great-granpaness with the Gabi, Kate and Sami scene.

Thersea is forever annoying. Maybe they're planning to pair her up with Brady? Since JJ, Brady and Theresa's storyline seems to be intercepting. Too many drug storylines going on for my comfort.

Decent episode but I can tell I'm going to get tired of this Gabi panics over killing Nick storyline super-fast. However, it does seem to be progressing faster than the Kristen-Eric-tape one. So maybe it'll be over early next year during the next sweeps week (Feb, right?) instead of going to Summer sweeps.

Salemites have never been known for good judgment, and their lack of common sense was really on display today.
Should the homicidal grannies really be conjuring up images of Gabi behind bars while her child grows up without her? Ms. Hernandez is already about to crack under pressure and such comments won't help. Meanwhile, Theresa better be careful about overplaying her hand with JJ. If she pushes him too hard, he could get desperate, bad things could happen, and she'll be the next victim in a Salem who-done-it. Finally the Queen of Snark really ought to have more sense than to rely on Theresa in her endless, futile war against Teflon Jen. The hospital slacker's crude plots are sure to blow up in her face, and if she's not careful, Anne Milbauer may be caught in the explosion.

The best part of my day was finally figuring out why Anne looks so familiar to me. I've been watching Legally Blonde tonight and there she is as Enid Wexler. I don't know why I didn't figure that out sooner.

:back:

I thought it was funny how they posted Will's last text as a bubble text right after he verbally said it. Yesterday it seemed they were only posting Sonny's texts as bubbles since he had to stay silent.

It seems to be black and beige day in Salem: Marlena, Adrienne, Kate, Nicole's coat, Roman, etc.

Really not liking Nicole's dress at all. It's almost a distraction when everyone else in the scene is dressed appropriately for the weather or their profession. I also did not like Sami's skirt--yesterday they showed her from waist up but today it just seemed too short. Seemed a bit much to walk around all day doing nothing.

Brady and JJ trying to get rid of each other: HILARIOUS. Though have they ever met before?

Loved Roman kissing Eric's forehead and stroking his hair

I thought Marlena was a bit harsh with Nicole. This woman saved her son's life.

@Eras: I also loved Kate taking Roman's hand and leading him to the baby. I still think the Kate/Roman romance was another botched story that I'd like to see revisited.

@Poirot: I had the same thought about the window. And for that matter, was the Christmas tree suddenly missing today? I know it was there yesterday.

Poor Sonny!! His reactions were great and I laughed when he held up the jacket when Sami opened the closet door. I also like the Roman scenes, good to know that they acknowledge that once in a while.

I also think JJ is just young enough to think he knows it all and Theresa is definitely taking advantage of it.
I like the scenes with JJ and Brady - I like when we see the mix of characters. Even with Daniel and Marlena. I thought Marlena was a little harsh to Nicole in Eric's room she could have told her that outside!

Heather, Sonny was hiding behind the tree part
of the time.

I laughed out loud when Adrienne told Will that Sami and EJ's relationship seemed to be working out fine just now (or words to that effect)....if only she had been a 'fly on the wall' a few days earlier at the DiMansion - when the screamfest took place!

I heard that Dr. Chykra made a brief appearance Friday, just for a few seconds near the beginning of the show. So I took a peek at the video and sure enough, there he was having a phone conversation with Kristen (we don't see or hear her) assuring her that no one would ever be able to prove the priest was drugged, he stakes his reputation on it. (Hey, didn't he say the same thing, repeatedly, about Eric having any memory of being raped? His reputation is already dirt.)

After he hung up, he said "unless it benefits me to reveal otherwise" and he smiled at a "confidential file" on the table.

Looks like we'll be seeing more of Dr. Chyka soon. :)

Thanks soapnut. His appearance was so brief, seemed not to last even a minute, I forgot he was even there, until this morning. And I have no idea why it popped into my head.

Makes you wonder if he will come into play somehow. Well, actually, EJ DOES know that Kristen used him.

The show has really been entertaining lately. Friday's episode was no exception. I laughed so much at Sonny's expressions as he listened to Kate, Gabi, and Sami discussing Nick's murder. Poor guy, and then to receive that text from Will that Kate and Sami would kill him if they found him in that closet. That was a great scene.

I loved seeing Roman on today, even though it took him six months to come around and see his great granddaughter! That was a good scene when Kate took him in the room to see the baby. I always enjoy it when the baby is on the show. I like the way she looks at everybody on the scene with her.

I really cannot believe that nobody has noticed Brady has been high yet. Where is Victor? There is no way he would not notice that Brady is using again. It was such an awkward scene at the bench when Brady and JJ were trying to get each other to leave the scene so they could meet with the dealer.

I'm really disappointed with the direction the show is taking with Theresa by blackmailing a teenager. I think JJ was really scared and was trying to turn his life around, and now Theresa is trying to bring him back down. I liked Theresa better last week when she was pretending to have no memory of the night she OD'd. She was much nicer.

I have to agree I enjoyed Nice Theresa better than the Naughty one.

It ticks me off Nicole hasn't noticed Brady getting high either.

I don't think many people in Salem will be getting a visit from Santa this year.

Back