Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 22, 2023

Thanks, Jason.

It was Jada that called her ex Bobby, not Stephanie.

Nice scenes with the kids and Stephanie.

Enjoyed Brady, Theresa and Tate family scenes.

I laughed when Brady called Tate Tater Tot.

Since Doug is suspicious of Konstantin, I hope Julie keeps an eye on him.

Is Nick's ornament in the basement? I didn't see it when they showed the names today.

Great Christmas flashbacks.

The scene with Tom in the hospital was his last Christmas. The scene is in one of the Christmas memory topics under "Days in the past"

This was actually a well done episode. The flashbacks were appropriate to provide context, not just a rehash of the day before, and provided us veteran viewers with holiday nostalgia. The past few years they’ve practically glossed over the holidays so it was nice to see the ornament tradition given its proper time and space.

Is Nick's ornament in the basement? I didn't see it when they showed the names today.
Here's Nick's ornament circled.

a7a9cda5d180f5cb3f8e8d2a55800ec5.png

Whose ornaments are retired to basement and why?
There are ornaments that are no longer put on the tree for various reasons. Mostly because those people aren't connected to the family in a meaningful way any longer.

For example they don't hang the following ornaments; Scott Banning, Sami, Johnny, John Thomas, Bonnie, Carrie, Dougie LeClair, Chloe, Gina, Nicole, Peter Blake, Margo, Chase, Faith, Gabi, Trish, and until yesterday, Stephanie.

Scott Banning (Julie's first husband); his either broke or was reused to make someone else's.

Sami presumably got one after marrying Lucas, but it was never shown being given to her or hung on the tree. It was just shown in a box of ornaments once, then never seen again.

Johnny got one the year he was born, before they determined he was actually EJ's child.

John Thomas was the baby who was switched with Zack at birth and raised by Bo and Hope for nearly a year. His ornament was still hung after he was returned to his bio dad, Glenn, but after a while it was no longer seen on the tree.

Bonnie had her own giant ornament made after she married Mickey (when Maggie was "dead").

Carrie's ornament was never shown being given to her, it was just shown being hung on the tree after she and Mike were long gone from Salem. It was shown on the tree for a couple years, then it disappeared.

Dougie LeClair's (Doug's son) ornament was repainted to be Hope's after hers broke decades ago. A new one wasn't made for Dougie.

Nicole got one when she was with Lucas. It was only hung that one year.

Chloe got one when she was with Lucas. She dropped it as she was hanging it on the tree and it broke (in actuality, the prop department made a duplicate to be broken on-screen).

Peter Blake got one as Jennifer's husband. It was repainted to be Will Horton's.

Margo was Mike Horton's wife who died. We don't know what happened to hers. It either broke or was reused as someone else's.

Chase Jennings got one as Hope's stepson, but after he raped Ciara, his will never hang on the tree again.

Gina, who was really an amnesiac Hope, received one from Alice and it was only hung once.

Faith got one as Scotty Banning's girlfriend. The next year it was reused as Jack's ornament.

Stephanie's ornament is explained in post #9. It showed up in 2013 with no explanation, then wasn't seen again until yesterday.

Gabi got one when she was engaged to Nick. It was put on the tree after she had Arianna, and when she was JJ's girlfriend and later as Eli's girlfriend, but after what she did to Julie with the exploding heart app on her phone, I'm guessing it'll never be hung again, as long as Julie's alive.

Trish Clayton (Scotty Banning's mother) got one when she was married to David, but it's not been seen again. It either broke or was reused to make someone else's.

Sometimes they just don't hang some ornaments maybe due to space, like Janice (Mickey and Maggie's foster daughter), Spencer (Steven Olson's son, who was never seen, only mentioned once; Steven is Julie and Hope's brother), Joshua Fallon (Jessica's husband/Nick's dad), Sandy Horton (Tommy Horton's daughter),

Commenting on the Everett thread made me think of something that I though of when watching this show. Didn't the angel topper go up in flames? And honestly didn't all of those ornaments go up too? :head scratch:

Marlena (as the devil) went in there a couple years ago and I think set a fire in the living room, but none of the ornaments were burned.

What post are you commenting on? Ornaments not on the tree? Jessica's and Marie's were on the tree. Alex Marshall never had an ornament. Ciara's, Ben's and baby Bo's were all on the tree. Didn't see Joshua Fallon's (Jessica's husband) on the tree this year, though.

Also, Marie and Alex Marshall were never married. He was just the father of her daughter (Jessica). Alex was married to Mary Anderson (Melissa Horton's former stepsister), Renee DuMonde (Stefano's daughter) and Emma Donovan (Shane's first wife). Strangely, all three of those women were murdered (Mary Anderson by Jake Kositchek, the Salem Strangler; Renee DuMonde by Andre DiMera as the Salem Slasher; Emma Donovan by Gillian Forrester, Shane's former ISA partner)

Back