Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 28, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, December 28, 2018

Lani arrives at Eli's apartment, good natured banter about him not being ready, her wondering if now Sheila was in the shower, (Yes, Eli has no shirt on, he sure has a lot of tattoos), they laugh, smile, Sheila not there, and will probably be moving soon, since she is working.... he goes to get dressed.

Sarah chats with Adrienne, who just got off phone with brother Steve, scolding him for not being there for New Year's. Adrienne goes on about how the Johnsons all had to go do stuff on their own, both Jack & Steve, even she herself at times.

Eric goes to see Justin, wants him to rep him in his custody of Holly pursuit. Justin refuses, nicely, commenting how he delivered letter to Chloe, which made him sort of repping Nicole, so conflict of interest. He also points out Maggie is next of kin, judges usually side with family. They go back & forth, but Justin just doesn't think Eric has a good case. Justin has to go pick up Adrienne, will see Eric there, Eric not going, would remind him too much of Nicole. Justin thinks that would be a good thing, have him remember all the good she did, etc. etc.

JJ runs into Haley at the hospital, light hearted chatting, she is going to be welcoming in the new year at home with the TV. He invites her to the benefit party at Doug's Place, she declines, finally accepts, goes home to change, will meet him there. (Big long flashback to JJ finding her unconscious and trying to save her life, and her attitude next day)

Brady brings a case of champagne, sets on the bar, Chloe puts away as they talk of last year, what he said, did, what she said, did. In comes Sarah, Brady goes to check on something, Sarah apologizes to Chloe for all she said, how harsh she was, etc. Chloe excuses herself, takes off.

Henry arrives to pick up Jen, tells how Sarah told him she & Eric were no longer an item, Jen explains about Eric & Nicole, the love of his life, and understands how he feels after losing her.

People begin arriving at the Club.....yes, a few extras, but Sarah, Justin, Adrienne, Brady, Chloe, Jen, Henry, Eli, Lani....JJ arrives as Eli & Lani are talking of Gabi being in jail, they fill him in. He goes to talk to his mother, why did she not tell him. She assures him Abby is o.k., she tried to call him, but he must have been busy. Yes, he was, he starts to mention this nurse, this woman he wants to introduce to Eric, she needs help. Of course Haley has just arrived, hears this, gets mad and leaves. He chases after, explains, apologizes as he overstepped, promises not to do that again. Come back in, we can just talk, a bout me if you want, will tell anything you want to know.

Eric comes in (hey, he even SHAVED!), Sarah greets him, and there are Brady & Chloe, and Holly gets brought up. Brady zings on to Eric, Chloe tries to get him to shut up, he doesn't, Sarah calls a halt to them both, tis New Years's, put the past away. Chloe later admonishes Brady, who apologizes, he guesses he is just still upset with himself over what he did to Nicole.

And while all this is going on, we get various scenes of a woman applying perfume to her wrists, a man's legs, as he comes thru a door, lays a clothing carrier on a bed, later zips up her dress, and we eventually see her donning a huge red satin lined cape with hood, pulling the hood over her head, he tucking a wallet into an inside pocket, both exiting the room.

Jennifer has a mike, thanks every one for being there, talks of her grandparents opening their home to others in need, Julie who put this all together, and eventually turning the mike over to the Director of the Horton Center, Eric. He also thanks everyone, talks about himself being in a bad place (lots of focus on Haley as he talks), Jennifer giving him this job, which helped him so much........helping others. He talks of Nicole, who helped so many, has passed, is missed, and the light she put in so many people's eyes. The mike is back to jen, who also talks of Nicole, tells all to have a good time.

Adrienne starts the countdown......10, 9, everyone joins in........Happy New Year!. The confetti rains down. A few couple kiss, other just clink glasses. Smiles all over. Outside the caped figure arrives at the door, closed for private party. She goes in, Chloe spots her, oh, my gosh, not Vivian! Down goes the hood, off goes the cape to the floor. And there stands Eve, Hello everyone. Now the party can really begin.

So, if the show wanted to do that mysterious female getting ready, man dressing, then they should not have had all kinds of spoiler pics out of Eve in that dress. Biggest disappointment was the non-appearance of Jack, tho the anvils were falling all throughout the show with so many mentioning him. So are they saving him for Monday.........or will he appear at very end of that episode, and we have to wait til Wed. to actually see him?
The Club is nicely decorated, The men wear tuxes, the women in long gowns. Jen's hair is back in that 1940s style, Sarah's is pinned back, really looks nice. Brady mentions his failed relationships, is done with it all, is glad he & Chloe are still friends, she agrees.

Steve, scolding him for not being there for New Year's
Hopefully she practiced with a call to Greg Meng and Ron Carlivati.
Big long flashback to JJ finding her unconscious and trying to save her life, and her attitude next day)
I'm wondering where she got the pills. They were not hers. That means she either 1) stole them from the hospital; or 2) brought them in from home to OD at work. Both are serious concerns and endanger lives.
Sarah, Justin, Adrienne, Brady, Chloe, Jen, Henry, Eli, Lani....JJ
It's so sad that this amount of people and a few extras actually thrills me. Lately so many 'parties' look like a double date.
Jen's hair is back in that 1940s style
I think this is a flattering look for her.

I'd love just once for the "big reveal" to happen in the middle of the episode. KEEP US GUESSING. I must have a fever...

I gotta say Eve being the mystery woman was a let down. They sure were making it seem like it was gonna be Nicole. But we don't get to the mystery man that was with her? I guess it'll be a big introduction next episode like Vivian did with Stefan. Do they always have to be in a cloak? Wasn't Vivian too last year? But seriously why all the drama for Eve's entrance? Guess I'll see.

Eli and Lani were cute. I like them together. But I liked Eli and Gabi too. So I guess I like Eli.

I like that they keep mentioning Steve so am hoping he will be back.

Eli: Thanks to him there was another appearance by fan-favorite, Towel. (Too bad that Doll-in-Blanket couldn't make it to the New Years Eve party.)

Justin: Sourpuss Eric was way off base when he called him a "great lawyer," but the bumbling barrister was on target when he ruled himself out of any role in the case because he's related to Maggie, the baby's egg-grandmother. That said, he sugar-coated Eric's dicey chances in any lawsuit against the Diva. Eric simply has no standing to sue since he's not related to Holly in any way.

JJ: Was he wise to bring Haley to the party? A conversation with Eric might leave her so depressed that she'll jump into Salem harbor.

Eve: Why did she bother showing up? Nobody wants to hear her predictable litany of grievances and unlike some other Salemites, the mere sight of her is unlikely to put the fear of God into anyone.

Since this isn't a spoiler thread, I won't mention the mystery man's name however, I also could understand how anyone who isn't spoiled would believe that the mystery woman was Nicole. They were dropping a lot of anvils for Steve, Jack and Nicole today. And give me a break with the repeat hotel room and cloak. Is that going to become a Days tradition? Who will it be next year?

LOL, had no idea what that was....I just got a kick of those two joking around ...including is Sheila in the shower, cuz you both seem to always be parading around here half naked! LOL

In addition to the TLC mention, they also mentioned last week that Sheila's last name is Watkins. Same as the actress who plays her.

Sarah seems to be most tolerable in scenes that don't involve the Holly story. While I hate that she was in at least 4 different stories today, I appreciated the use of her to explain some history of Jack. I actually had no idea he was engaged to Melissa. I do think it was odd though that she didn't interact with Jen once after the discussion she had with Adrienne.

Speaking of Adrienne, she was on fire today with the wisecracks. More of this please. We don't need a doppelgänger to show Judi Evans(Adrienne)'s comedic chops.

I'm surprised Hope and Rafe weren't at the party since it involved Julie and Jen.
Loved how midnight was handled. Only 3 couples actually kissed: Brady/Chloe:love:, Justin/Adrienne, Eli/Lani. Jennifer and Henry just acknowledged that they would begin dating and Eric and Sarah hugged.

Justin thinks that would be a good thing, have [Eric] remember all the good [Nicole] did, etc. etc.
Nicole, who helped so many,...
I must have dozed off because, even though Nicole has been my favorite female character on the show for many years, I don't recall any of her good works.

Biggest disappointment was the non-appearance of Jack, tho the anvils were falling all throughout the show with so many mentioning him. So are they saving him for Monday.........or will he appear at very end of that episode, and we have to wait til Wed. to actually see him?

Since this isn't a spoiler thread, I won't mention the mystery man's name...
Thanks, but he's already been mentioned so I guess the cat is out of the bag. :)

Last edited:
I actually thought this was a pretty decent episode even though I was at the edge of my seat in suspense. And it had nothing to do with mystery woman Eve thought to be Vivian. As Poirot said now it was obvious from the beginning it was Eve based on the dress. If the spoiler pics weren't out of Eve then yes the show could have easily thrown us off for Vivian and Stefan as there is a mystery man next to Eve as she was getting ready. Though yes recreating last year's events for NYE was different, recycled in a good way.

Lots of noticeable mentions of Jack today. Though I do wonder if we will see that new intern Jennifer mentioned on screen or is he just a character just mentioned but not seen.

New Year's party, mysterious couple getting dressed, black cape with red lining, all we see are feet then they crashing the party. Well correct me of I’m wrong here but isn’t this yet another recycled scenario and exactly how Vivian and Stefan made their entrances?

Thanks, Poirot.

I laughed when Eric said Justin was a great lawyer. I like the African photos in Eric's apartment.

Eric must really want Holly, he shaved and got a haircut.

Chloe should have told Brady to shut up. Hopefully, Chloe and Eric can work something out
with Holly without going to court.

We'll have to wait until next week to find out why Eve came back to Salem.

I appreciated the use of her to explain some history of Jack. I actually had no idea he was engaged to Melissa.
She left him at the altar after finding out he used her.

1ff80c3944f0ee85364bf502966d3f15.jpg
174130397d0d6730cd2b0838e03771b7.jpg

It was funny when Eli told Lani that Sheila wasn't there because she was at a TLC concert, since the actress who plays Sheila is a member of that group.
I thought that was the case! I had forgotten about that comment until your mention of it. I am glad you reminded me of it, and confirmed that Sheila is part of TLC! Thanks!

Back