Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 5, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, December 5, 2014

Kate is admiring magnolias from Clyde, wondering where he found those in December (yes, folks, she actually mentions it is December, even tho no one in Salem is dressed for it), as she flashes back to making out with him. Chad comes in, they exchange snarky comments, she has papers for him to sign, he makes cracks about her southern lover, yada yada. He wonders what Rafe was doing there, but Kate insinuates that Rafe is trying to get his former girlfriend back. Chad leaves.

In Italy, a gal brings Stefano a tablet, with pictures of Kate & Clyde. Stefano laughs as he looks them over, calls Kate, needling her about how first it was that Rafael Hernandez of all people, and now this hillbilly from Arkansas. Kate corrects him, that it is Missouri (and correctly pronounces it MissourAH). Next he pokes at her some more about having his son Chad as her co-CEO. She notes Chad is inexperienced and will cost the company tons of money. Stefano thinks Chad is a fast learner, and already put one over on both Kate and Stefano himself. Kate is annoyed, hangs up.

Melanie is still constantly opening her purse to fondle that money, and decides she is too tired or jet-lagged to go have breakfast with her dad. Daniel tries to get her to open up, something is wrong, but she denies, just wants to nap, though she is having lunch with Brady later. He caves, she pretends to be going to nap on the sofa, he leaves. Later, a knock at the door, Melanie looks shocked, but it is her friend Serena, who has finally arrived. Hugs, laughter, will catch up later, and she leaves.

The man & woman stalking Melanie talk about getting her to come out, they know she is holed up at her dad's place.

Nicole runs into Brady, they jabber a lot of small talk, he lets her know Melanie is back, she already knows, and proceeds to tell him all that went down at Daniel's apartment when she was taking a shower, with Melanie pounding on the door. (She is so funny as she describes this, lol). Marlena comes along, remarks Nicole looks tense. Nope, she is fine, Nicole takes off. Brady tells Marlena about Melanie being back, Marlena is delighted to hear it.

Rafe is with Jordan, who is angry at him, reading him a riot act. He tells her he saw Kate, knows the truth about everything, but Jordan doesn't care. Kate tried to destroy her life, but she is not going to let her, she has made friends here, and after 8 yrs. on the run with her brother, they both are doing this. Rafe is trying to tell her he still cares about her, but she stops him.....unless he can tell her that Kate forced him to sleep with her, forget it. It's all on him. Rafe talks of a mistake, but she will have none of that. Chad arrives, Jordan says Rafe is leaving. He agrees, he is done here. Chad makes a crack about Rafe having a lot of police business with Jordan of late, but Rafe says it was personal, and Jordan is a friend. His face is practically in Chad's face as Rafe says he always looks out for his friends. He leaves, Chad asks if Jordan is o.k. You bet, let's get out of here. Outside, he thinks maybe she won't want to go for something to eat now, but she is fine, and kisses him.
At the food bank table, the elderly lady is hollaring at Aiden, knows what he did, very bad thing, etc. Abe comes by, takes the lady aside, saying sorry to Aiden. He talks with her, reminding her he told her before she cannot go around hollaring at people like that, no on will want her around. He tells another cop to go get Detective Brady.
Hope is talking with Chase, who is begging her not to tell his Dad what he was talking about. He doesn't like him talking about it.....that Aiden was poor and only has money now because of their mom. The officer arrives to get Hope, she brings Chase back, Abe tells her that Lela (?) is off her meds again.
Chase talks to his dad, who wants to know where he went. Chase is sorry, he & Owen went off, then Owen's mom came and got him. Just as Aiden is getting to "and then what happened", Chase's ride appears and he takes off. Abe has told Hope an officer is taking the woman to the station now.
Hope returns, Aiden notes that their volunteer replacements have arrived, she says she has a few hours off now, he says Chase is in school......and off they go to that hotel room, joking about perhaps renting it by the week, or month. They are kissing, but do get to talking about Chase. Aiden talks about yes, being poor as a kid. She says something about after he finished law school, but he says then he was a public defender, and then worked with the A.D.A. so never had much money. It was Meredith. And now he knows her sometimes overindulges Chase, but he just wants him to have what he would have had if Meredith was still here. He asks of there is something else they need to talk about, she thinks they should not talk at all.
Later, in bed, they are snuggling, he strokes her hair, kisses her head, but flashes back to the woman yelling at him.

Daniel meets with Nicole, wants her advice, surprising her. They sit at a table, he asks what she does to trace a call if the number is blocked. She claims you get a court order. She realizes this has to do with Melanie, he tells of the call from the woman who sounded rather odd, but the number was blocked. Nicole tells him that he has to treat Melanie just as he treats Nicole. He comes down hard on Nicole, makes her tell him the truth, and it all makes her a better and stronger person. He is not doing Melanie any favors by "giving her space". He thinks he came to the right person for advice.

Serena is at the hospital, talking with Maxine about a research grant she has gotten, is happy the hospital is going to allow her access to their records. Maxine talks of knowing who to nudge, who to block, etc. etc. Serena spots marlena at the elevator, cannot take her eyes off her. She asks Maxine if that is Dr. Marlena Evans. Yep, do you know Dr. Evans? Yes, but it was a long time ago.

Melanie is reading some paper, saying she is safe, she did it. All is o.k. Brady is knocking at the door, she is grabbing her purse, jacket, trying to stuff the paper in her bag, and rushing to the door. The paper sits on the table. Daniel returns, calling for Mel, no answer, sees the papers, starts to read, yells, No, Melanie...no!
In the square, Brady has to get some batteries, tells Melanie to wait right there, he will be right back. She has commented on new stores since she was there last, is looking around. The stalking couple spot her, she sees them, runs off. The woman follows her, the man a different way, so thus, in the park, Melanie's way is blocked. Meanwhile, Brady is looking around for her in the square, Nicole comes along, saw Mel hurrying off in that direction, with a couple of people following her. He leaves.
In the park, the woman approaches Melanie. Did you think we would not find you? . Game over.

What a grand and glorious day for the Salem P.D. Hope, Abe, and a uniformed officer were right on the spot to protect Aiden from an old lady. Unfortunately a bit later, when too-cute Melanie was being pursued by two French crooks, Abe and Rafe were at the Pub and Hope was in bed with Aiden. Good grief, it's no wonder that creepy Clyde's drug business is doing so well. Speaking of Melanie, why did this airhead run into the park instead of one of the Town Square stores or even the Pub? Did she think that the ever-present drug-dealers and muggers would save her? Anyway, at least one member of the Jonas family used good sense today -- Dr. McScruffy asking Nicole for advice about how to handle his problem daughter. Good move, Love Doctor. Imagine the awful babble you would have heard if you'd consulted with your egg-mommy or the insufferable Jen Jen.

Well today's episode was certainly.... on today wasn't it? LOL I really don't have anything to say about it I didn't think it was terrible or anything it just didn't really seem to have any snap, crackle or pop. *Strange I suddenly have a craving for Rice Crispies I have no idea why.*

I do have one question why exactly was Jordan so mad at Rafe today? She was hostile the second he walked into her office. I just feel like I missed something or is she just going to go off on him everytime she sees him just because now?

I'm going to make prediction here those two not-at-all-suspicious characters that have been stalking Melanie all week, they are going to turn out not to be crooks I'm thinking they'll turn out to be Interpol. Those documents Daniel was looking at and yelling "Oh Melanie no, no, no!" about were probably some kind of summons and she skipped out. By the way, I'm curious as the way to keep your dad finding out you're in some kind of international legal trouble is by leaving the papers possibly explaining that trouble out in the open where he's sure to see them? Because that's why Melanie left them out in the open, so Daniel wouldn't be able to see them, right? :fan:

Anyone else have a problem with Hope and Aiden having sex in a hotel again? It's just weird. I'm sorry but the excuse of the kids or Hope not wanting to do it in the same bed as she and Bo did it just doesn't wash for me. It's obviously because they don't feel like giving either character a home set and yet want to show them in a full adult relationship. Why can't they just show a bedroom limbo set that's part of one of their homes? This hotel stuff is tawdry and kind of a turn off for me.

It was Southern Accent day in Salem. Chad was doing it with Kate.
For some reason, Nicole did it with Daniel.

I guess someone failed to mention to Stefano where Clyde was
from since he said the wrong state. We actually had that discussion
last week in a topic in "Daily Days" forum. I've seen billy goats in
my state (Arkansas), but not a hillbilly :)

I wonder what was on the paper Melanie left behind and Daniel read.
Since Daniel is at the apartment, I guess he won't be saving Melanie's day.
(I just had to)

Nice to see Maxine and Abe.

Troy, I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the money is a red herring and Melanie is probably not really in trouble. Perhaps she witnessed a crime or something.

Sparkster, I was going to say the same thing about the hotel room. Enough is enough.

As for Serena, this is how you introduce a new character. In less than 10 minutes of air time, we know she is friends with Melanie, is going to be doing research at the hospital and we know she recognized Marlena. She is already intermeshed with multiple characters and likely multiple storylines. We also know by default that she used to live in Europe.

I mentioned yesterday that I thought Jordan's nastiness towards Rafe was a bit of overkill. Today was just way over the top. This character has done a complete 180 and I'm sick of her now. After all of her hesitation around Rafe, she certainly isn't shy around Chad. I'm more convinced now that Rafe will end up saving her from Chad and then I hope he says I told you so and walks away from her. She doesn't deserve Rafe.

Nice to see you Abe. Stick around for a while.

I have to say--the only really good thing about today's show was Abe's appearance. And I agree with Sparkster--I love Hope & Aiden, but having them romp in a hotel is almost like putting them on the same level as Abigail & Ben. On second thought, scratch that: even THEY have an actual place to sleep together.

I think the show is running out of ideas, and quite frankly, these last few weeks are quite possibly the worst written weeks of episodes I've ever seen while watching Days. There were certain storylines that I think were worse (EJ & Sami, EJ & Taylor, FakeRafe). But back then, there were a few other storylines that were written well enough to garner my interest. There is literally nothing entertaining on here anymore, besides some Paul-Sonny intrigue, and Hope & Aiden when we get to see them. And yet, Hope & Aiden are starting to slow down, and the Paul thing still bothers me because of the inevitable triangle storyline that will be coming.

I just want to say that it was "mean, mean, mean" to spring Susan Serena on us! Don't we already have enough to argue about? I will be resolute on this one, for whatever that's worth. :rolleyes:

As excited as I am by the introduction of Melissa Archer (Serena), I am dismayed that she is tied to Melanie (whom I loathe and who already hogs enough airtime) and by where I think her story's headed based on her reaction to Marlena. However, I'll agree with Heather that this introduction is better-done than Jordan's, Ben's, Clyde's, et al.

I know the actress to well from OLTL to confuse her with that giant toddler-woman, LOL. But I can see how someone who was unfamiliar with both of them might mix them up - if they missed the last 10 days of The EJ/Sami Show with special guest host Melanie Leyton Kiriakis Jonas.

I agree that under close scrutiny, the two actresses are not clones. But they are similar-featured/sized/coiffured enough to make me believe that Serena was cast for a particular reason. If their similarity is not plot-based, I am annoyed with TIIC for casting yet another red herring. They did that when they cast the Nick look-alike to briefly serve as Rafe's therapist. It's part of the fun of watching DOOL to watch for SL forshadowing, so I hope that Spectators will humor me, if necessary. :)

Back