Days of Our Lives - Fri., Dec. 8, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, December 8, 2017

Missed last 10 min of show. If I can get to see it later, will fill in. Meanwhile, Brady goes to see Paul, wants him to dig something up on Eve, who is trying to take over. He tells a couple things about Eve, and especially about the book Jack wrote, profits to vets, and how Eve came along with an old agreement Jack signed in order to get out of his marriage to her, giving her profits from any book he wrote in future. He tells of Eve taking Jen to court, Jen settling to end it. They talk of Will, of Sonny, Paul tells of Sonny breaking it off, and of Will coming there and ending up kissing him. Brady is a bit surprised. He says he will get John or Steve, if Paul is reluctant, but Paul agrees to take it on.

Sami is down at the police station, confronting Lucas. Seems he was so dead drunk, he rolled his car 3 times, is lucky to be alive. His face is all scratched and bruised. And now Sami gives him some real tough love, imploring him to get sober, back on his feet, his son needs him. Lucas makes tons of excuses, too hard, can’t do it. Sami will have none of that, boo hoo, Adrienne left you, you have children. He starts moaning his son doesn’t remember him, never sees his daughter. Bull, says Sami, you know that is not true. He does. Sami knows the program says one day at a time, so that is all she asks, he promise not to drink today, just today. He doesn’t want to, she lets him know she will not bail him out, will let him rot in the jail cell, get sober that way. She goes on and on in this vein.

Sonny tries to call Will from the square, leaves a message, runs into Uncle Vic sitting at a table. Victor has him sit down, they talk. He tells his uncle of breaking it off with Paul, still loving Will, Vic reminds him that Will cheated on him, which is why they were separated. Sonny claims he wants to bring the family back together for Arianna, who remembers her father, even if he doesn’t remember her. Victor cautions him about keeping his eye on Titan, because if anything goes wrong, he will be out completely, and Brady will take over.

Replay of Eric arriving to see Will, then pleading Sami’s case. Will lets Eric know he doesn’t think much of her…..so Eric talks of how Sami had Will as a teen, had a tough time of it. He tells of her trauma in seeing their mother having an affair while still married to their father. Will pulls no punches…..she saw Marlena having sex? Yep. Eric even tells how Will shot EJ in the back, and his father, Lucas, took the rap, protected him, and went to prison. Will comments that it sounds like the apple did not fall far from the tree, he has done things same as Sami. Yep.

Maggie comes home to find men taking a chest out the door, and ignoring her questions. She goes in, there is Eve, who says she is redecorating, sent the chest to a consignment store, along with Maggie’s figurines. She thinks the place needs some modernizing, wonders if the decorator was someone immersed in the 50s. Maggie says that would be me. They go at it, back & forth. Eve claims she was going to move, but then Brady & Victor tried to railroad her with untrue charges, so they owe her. She claims that even if Victor gave Brady that alibi, the fact is, how did Brady get hold of that amulet, unless he pried it from Deimos’s cold, lifeless hands. Eve figures she could get the Intruder folks to start digging and asking questions. Maggie reminds her who she is dealing with, so go ahead, talk to the Intruder all you want. Just remember who Victor is, and that he always comes out on top.

(Only caught bits & pieces of the ending here). Brady returns home, pours himself a drink, Eve sees him.

Maggie is at the cop shop, Lucas called her; my name is Lucas, I am an alcoholic and I need your help, Aunt Maggie.

Sami is looking at pics on her phone. Knock at door, she opens to find Will.

:confused: Sonny & Victor: It's now early December in the upper Mid-West and Victor is sitting in the Town Square sipping his coffee while wearing only a sweater. And the Big Boy only had on a sport jacket. Anywhere but Salem in that part of the country, the both of them would be courting hypothermia.

:sick: Sami: Her efforts to help Lucas were well-intentioned, but her efforts at playing his life coach were a trifle unorthodox to say the least. The hapless Mr. Horton is fortunate to have Maggie in his corner.

:confused: Eric: He was staging another well-intentioned intervention, but did he really have to play the role of a Sami apologist by stating that she is human (who knew?), repeatjng the old mantra about the effect of John and Marlena on the legendary tabletop, and claiming that the screecher did "the best job she could" while raising Will?

:sick: Eve: She's playing out of her league and has now dug herself in a deeper hole by deliberately insulting Maggie and her figurines. She's lucky that Brady has gone to see Paul rather than placing a call to the Kiriakis family Mr. Fixit, Xander. In fact, Maggie might try shutting down Eve by showing her a picture of the glowering Mr. Cook.

:tsk:Finally, regardless of what Salemites may say, Sonny is not legally married to Will and doesn't need a divorce to be free of him. The Will-Sonny marriage ended when Will was declared dead. It would hardly be good public policy to deem a marriage between a living and deceased person to be still valid on the grounds that the departed might just come back to life.

Last edited:
Not the best episode of the week

I liked the Sami/Lucas scenes but when was the last time Lucas went to see Allie?

I wanted to like the Eric/Will scenes but loathed the dialogue. So it's John and Marlena's fault that Sami broke a serial killer out of a mental institution to fake kill her son because she witnessed them having an affair over 20 years ago? What?!? Come on Eric! Plus at least one scene was cut as spoilers showed Eric and Will looking at a photo album. Also, the show established that Eric had a key to the townhouse last week yet now he knocks on the door? :rolleyes:

And Eric also said Will shot EJ because of bad things he did to Sami. Care to elaborate Eric? Horrible dialogue.

I'm sick of everyone acting like what Sami did to Will is no big deal. It's a very big deal and she is NOT a saint.

Eve really has no place on this show. Forcing her into an already dysfunctional Kiriakis family doesn't make any of them more rootable. And are we supposed to deal with a villain female everyday now? Yesterday was Ciara and today was Eve. And why would you live in a house with people who hate you?

Selfish Brady needs a break offscreen. Maybe Belle can console Paul instead.

Thanks, Poirot.

I was wrong about what Sami might have told yesterday on the phone.
She found out Lucas was in an accident. I'm glad she went to him and
talked some sense into him. Nice to see Maggie at the end to help him.

I laughed when Will asked Eric about Sami "is there something wrong
with her?" Then Eric told Will what Sami saw when he was younger.
Didn't Will see something like that with Sami?

I wonder if Will thought it was a strange family tradition Marlena started
when she slept with John when she was married to Roman. Sami had an
affair too, didn't she?

Poor Maggie. Eve got rid of her "little people". Since a consignment store
took the items, does Eve get the money?

And Eve saw Brady drinking. What is she going to do with that information?

Cannot agree more about Eve having no place on the show right now (though I do enjoy the character/actress).

I would have much rather had her come back to dreary Paige being alive and the complications that would have caused for JJ. I do have a pretty good idea where her storyline is headed unfortunately. And her just getting rid of Maggie's stuff was just rude.

I liked the Sami/Lucas scenes but when was the last time Lucas went to see Allie?
HEAR HEAR.

Other questions:
Exactly WHO abandoned whom in the Sonny/Will marriage? Will didn't go prancing off to Paris.

WHY did Sonny go to Paris? To run a nightclub, not Titan.

WHAT kind of kid tries to shoot his mom's rapist, anyway? Jeez.

WHEN did kingpin Victor become such a paragon of virtue anyway? And HOW can he be truly impactful when insulting one of his kin's paramours without misogynistic slurs?

And lastly, WHERE is Sami calling home these days, that she must toddle off too? Not that I want the deceitful hag to stick it out in Salem - but couldn't her kids come back to town for the holidays?

Eve really has no place on this show.
I like her mixing it up, but it needs to get something besides petty bickering done. Since the show stinks at business stories, why bother? I admit she is misplaced here.
I wanted to like the Eric/Will scenes but loathed the dialogue. So it's John and Marlena's fault that Sami broke a serial killer out of a mental institution to fake kill her son because she witnessed them having an affair over 20 years ago?
Here's another headline for our "Not Even in Salem" thread.

Poor Maggie. Eve got rid of her "little people". Since a consignment store took the items, does Eve get the money?
Since Eve did not own Maggie's figurines, she gets nothing. In fact, Maggie can march down to the store and demand her property. And if the store has sold them, she can demand the figurines back from whatever unfortunate purchased them. If the store or a purchaser refuses to return them, Maggie's options would be for Justin to go to court or arrange for Xander or some other Kiriakis "pursuader" to pay a "friendly" visit on whomever has her precious figurines.
And lastly, WHERE is Sami calling home these days, that she must toddle off too? Not that I want the deceitful hag to stick it out in Salem - but couldn't her kids come back to town for the holidays?
This might be difficult because Sami has probably forgotten her kids names and where they live.
Also, the show established that Eric had a key to the townhouse last week yet now he knocks on the door? :rolleyes: .... Selfish Brady needs a break offscreen.
The guilt-ridden sourpuss probably decided he was unworthy of having a key to the townhouse and gave it back. As for Brady, Victor needs to ship him out of town. Blockhead Brady's blunderings are making this worse for everyone.

I wonder if Paul will uncover Eve's past as a hooker and her involvement with Nick Corelli and Brady uses it to embarrass Eve as CEO of Basic Black? Just a speculation even though it is common knowledge for those who know Eve. I also enjoyed the scenes with Lucas and Sami as well, great performances. Though I had wish perhaps we had seen on screen Lucas' crash, could have been a good ending to a episode.

They used up all their "CRASH" budget on Daniel/Brady/Eric's accident on New Year's Eve. I really was waiting for Sami to bring it up to the "dead drunk" Lucas, but that did not happen. Wonder if Maggie will??

Hopefully, Eve was up to something back in NY, that Paul can uncover, and would be totally awful if it came out.

I can't remember; have we had any scenes of sourpuss Eric talking to Lucas about his drinking? Eric could recount how he not only killed the Salem Saint, but during a drunken binge, he also shagged Lucas' sister.

Back