Days of Our Lives - Fri. Dec. 9 , 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, December , 2016

Chad talks with Gabi in the park, telling of his father's terminal illness, and how Chad figures Stefano figured to not just die, but go out taking an enemy with him. Later, Chad is at home, asking Andre is he knew Stefano was terminal. Andre claims no, but says it doesn't matter, Hope killed him, admitted it. Chad talks of how Stefano offered her a gun, but Andre is adamant, no gun found, and she used Bo's gun. She got 25 years, justice was served. He has to go now, will continue this conversation later.

Harold comes in, carrying a wooden box, feels he has to tell Chad about this, after overhearing the conversation between Andre & Chad. He says that just before Stefano died, a man came, bringing something Stefano had requested of him. A gun, unregistered. The man asked Stefano if he intended to shoot the gun. Stefano laughed, and replied "If I do my job right, someone else will do so". Chad opens the box, there is a gun. Harold leaves, Chad stares at the gun.

Brady & Jennifer are at the hospital, evidently having just come out of a meeting. Jen thinks Brady did really well when he spoke, he was hoping she would speak, too, as he knows something is on her mind, is bothering her. She puts him off, all is o.k. He gets a call, tells the person to tell her to wait, has to leave.

Brady goes home to find Eve has arrived, come to help, cannot believe Theresa did this, goes on and on asking what happened. Brady says one day we were planning our wedding and the next she is in a hotel room with some guy and the place filled with drugs. Eve wants to help, Brady doesn't need any help, but does eventually agree to have Eve stay through the holidays.

Abby & Dario are facing off about the secret each one is harboring, the blackmail on each other. But Dario really gives her some truths, calls her a coward. She is fine now, no reason to be scared to see her husband & son, also warns her that every day she puts it off, puts Chad one day closer to moving on. He is young, good looking, rich, females will be hanging around. She brings up Gabi, Dario shrugs that off, but suddenly, Gabi's voice is calling Dario. Abby hides again (stupid place, in my opinion) Gabi comes up, rags on Dario that the purse is a fake. He offers to take it back, get her a real one, but no, she wants this one, he got it for her. Of course now Abby makes a noise, Gabi hears, asks Dario if he has someone there, a female perhaps. He denies it, did not hear anything, she leaves, Abby comes out. Both agree to keep their mouths shut about the other.

Kate & Eduardo are together, guess it was supposed to be a date, she relates the news about Adrienne's diagnosis, then reveals how 8 years ago, she was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Tough go of it, so wants to support Adrienne all she can. Eduardo figures Kate did not have much support as she won't ask for it. True. They talk of being at odds business wise, as Eduardo will be going after DiMera stuff, but she will give it good right back. Suddenly they are talking about themselves personally, kiss, kiss, but he gets a call, has to go.

The call was telling him about a missing microchip.....Eduardo leaves Kate, will make it up to her, and meets up with Dario, who explains about Gabi taking the purse, the chip is in there. Eduardo now recites some long, convoluted things, about stealing the microchips from the DiMeras, having someone in Japan, and also someone in China all set up, they have to do this quickly, and if the DiMeras get an inkling that Gabi has the chip in her purse, her life will be in danger. (sorry, I just did not get what info those chips have, but evidently something about business, technical and very important)

Abby sneaks into the house, as Jennifer comes down the stairs, so happy to see her. Abby explains about Julie coming up to the attic, and going out the window, says she was hanging on the trellis, but got locked out. No Julie did not see her, but Dario did. Uh, Oh, Jen now has a fit, that is it. End of the hiding, secrets, etc. You cannot continue this, you have hurt a lot of people, and continuing this farce is not helping. I know you think you are helping your husband, that is what your father thought when he let us think he was dead. She goes on, Abby says she is right. Jen stops her ranting, Abby goes on, she has decided to show herself to Chad, tell him she is alive. First she wants to call Gramma. Jen loves her mom, knows she has helped Abby a lot, but she doesn't know everything. Abby is fine, is strong, is ready. Abby agrees, figures she will keep taking her meds, go to therapy......then mentions she took her last dose this morning. Jen volunteers to go refill it for her.

Chad sits at the chess table, picks up the king, and talks to his father, berating him for all he thought about him, that he loved him, that he is even manipulating things after his death, but sorry he did not trust Chad enough to tell him of his illness, and plan.

Brady is walking in the square with Eve, who is pushing the buggy, chatting about having taken Tate to visit Santa. She drops something, bends to pick it up, a woman bumps into her, tis Jennifer. Her mouth drops as she exclaims "Eve". She then says she has to go, rushes off, but Brady calls her back. "Have to get home with those pills? ".

Jennifer stops dead, the bottle of Abby's pills in her hand.

Slow episode for a Friday.

I liked the Jennifer-Brady connection with the meeting and the pills. I also liked how Jennifer's guilt is eating her alive. It would be ironic if she starts taking them again because of Abby.

Speaking of Abby, she needs to call Laura first?! Brainwashed much? I did like her scenes with Dario. That was a spark we haven't seen from her before. I fear we have at least another week or 2 at minimum before Chad finds out.:rolleyes:

Interesting use of Harold today. It still doesn't absolve Hope from committing the crime. There needs to be another twist coming. Though if Stefano is in fact alive, today would have been a good day to reveal that to the audience.

Ed and Kate: Yawn. I hope he is just using her for his business. We know the microchips were stolen from the Dimeras.

I think Jeannie T sent Eve to Salem to check on Brady and Tate. Her moving into the KMansion is a bit too convenient. And I get that Brady is hurting but I didn't really understand his initial anger towards Eve.

I bet Dario asks Abby to take the microchip from Gabi's purse and that's how she accidentally gets revealed to Chad.

Thank you for the summary. I'm looking forward to watching. Wondering if Abigail is really going to reveal herself this time or will she put it off again? Guess we'll find out next week. Also wondering about Chad and the new information about the gun. Good for Harold!

I can't get with Kate and Eduardo. Having sex with the child and then the parent and vice versa. Eww. I hope they resolve the Abby is hiding storyline, so we can get to the Chad and Gabi romance. I really like them together.

Oh, I am definitely doubting that Abby will reveal herself any time soon. Soaps love to dangle the carrot, pull it back, dangle it again, etc.

As to Eve. I think that perhaps it was intended originally for Eve to hang around Salem for a while, but then the actress became ill, was hospitalized for some time, so am GUESSING her return here won't be for long.

I do agree that Jennifer is becoming frazzled with all the hiding, etc. and JJ found her, Dario found her. (because she was hiding from Doug & Julie) and with the houseful of people, Abby cannot stay hidden forever. Besides, can't be a bathroom up in that attic, so????? LOL.

So it seems like the microchips Eduardo and Dario stole from the Dimeras contain hi-tech data. Meh. I liked my Girl Scout cookie recipe idea better. But I guess some ideas are just too revolutionary and outside-of-the box LOL.

I liked the Dario and Abigail scenes. I saw a real spark there I don't know if anything will come of it but I'm interested. I'm not quite sure what to call this story anymore because too many are getting involved to call it a "triangle." We have Abigail/Chad/Gabi/Dario/JJ/possibly JJ's mystery lady from Miami are all in the mix. So does that make it a rectangle? Or possibly a rhombus? I'm really not sure.

I'm starting to think we're going to end up with there being a second shooter in this Stefano epic. While Harold's revelation to Chad was interesting all it really does is confirm that Stefano was a Grade-A louse. It really doesn't mitigate Hope's guilt as far as I can see. I don't know why I'm so having much trouble with this because I'm usually totally willing to suspend disbelief. But with this one it just seems like what they are asking us to to buy is too much of a stretch.

I liked Jennifer in tough love mom mode. But umm, she is getting Abby's prescription refilled. Um, it can't be in Abby's name, and pharmacies wouldn't fill a prescription for "Jane Doe". So yeah, only in Salem. :rolleyes:

I like this Eve. I'm assuming Justin still lives in the mansion, so would be interesting to see them interact again and slowly grow into love. But we know Eve isn't here long. Oh and "Nicole doesn't live here"???? I thought she does?

Ahhh, Nikki, that bothered me, too. The prescription thing. Here is why? I once forgot my meds when going on a trip, 400 miles away. So, my cousin went with me to a Walgreen's to try and get a refill. They had to call my pharmacy up here, actually, my doctor's office as well, and so agreed to give me (since I knew the names of the pills) just one for each day (2 pills) for which I was charged $10. So, 2 days later, I went back, and they had gotten the o.k. to give me a refill for 20 days only.

So. am sure Abby's pills were originally from a pharmacy in Laura's town. That would not be easy to refill, as the pharmacy in Salem would have to call the pharmacy in that town, and they would have to contact Dr. laura, etc. etc. Now, the refill could be in Abby's name, in fact would have to be. Unless originally there was a fake name used.

However, even in my small little town, one has to show I.D. when picking up a prescription, and sign for it (machine). And if hubby picks up, or I pick up for him, even more so.

Thus, if all is on the up and up, it will be a matter of record that Jennifer signed for a prescription for Abigail DiMera.

I wondered about the pills too. What name are they under?

So Eduardo and Dario stole DiMera microchips. Are they the same
ones that Stefano used to control people :)

I wonder how Eduardo and Dario will get the chip out of Gabi's
bag. Hopefully, it won't be stolen.

Nice to see Harold today and we got more information that Stefano
wanted someone to kill him.
Will it be enough for Hope to get out?

I'm glad Abby wants to finally see Chad. Will it be another two or three
weeks before she see him?
I hope Grandma Laura tells her to go ASAP.

I just watched. Jennifer was back to wearing her sweater sleeves down over her hands, like Abigail was doing a week or so ago.

Abigail seemed a little on the clumsy side. First she bumped into the boxes when Dario was talking about the purses with that other guy. Then she did it again when Dario was talking with Gabi. Abby wouldn't make a very good spy!

I laughed when Eduardo told Kate, "The world is a much better place with you in it." I bet nobody has ever said that to or about Kate before!

Thanks for the summary. This episode was a good one, not as exciting as Thursday's or as beautifully-done as the day before that, but good nonetheless. I'm glad Eve is back, and hope she becomes permanent on the soap.

Interesting use of Harold today. It still doesn't absolve Hope from committing the crime. There needs to be another twist coming. Though if Stefano is in fact alive, today would have been a good day to reveal that to the audience.

Ed and Kate: Yawn. I hope he is just using her for his business. We know the microchips were stolen from the Dimeras.
Yes, Harold's revelations change nothing about Hope's legal situation. That said, it would be easy to alter history by revealing that Stefano was wearing a bullet-proof vest (like Steve with Orpheus), that the blood-spatter was fake, and the Phoenix died soon after of natural causes. Of course, under this scenario, Hope would be still guilty of attempted murder, but in Salem, such a crime could vanish in the Salem breeze just like the criminal charges against bad-boy Joey.

As for Eduardo & Son and the microchips, couldn't the writers have done better than this? It would have made just as much sense if the chips they stole from the DiMeras were bootleg Doritos, Pringles, or Wise Ridgies. This is probably a contrived plot device so that Eduardo can romance Kate, a DiMera executive, while stealing from DiMera Enterprises. In any case, the goateed wonder better hire a food taster. His current status as Kate's main squeeze won't save him from her wrath when she learns the ugly truth.

Back