Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 1, 2019

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Replay of Diana and Marlena running into each other in the Square. Marlena doesn't know her; Diana claims to know her from her radio show, which she listened to in Chicago. Diana invites Marlena for one drink, with the promise of no requests for advice; later, they are chatting about their kids (Marlena talks about having a difficult daughter) and she puts two and two together: her son is Matthew Cooper/Leo (for some reason this gets a flashback). This leads to the revelation that Will Horton is Marlena's grandson and that Will came to see her; Diana apologizes for the trouble Matthew's caused. Marlena wants to know what damaged Leo so that he is doing all these awful things. Diana refuses to throw her son under the bus.

At the Kmansion, Leo is pondering Adrienne's threat when Brady enters. He's moving back in; Brady knows him, Leo chats him up in a flirty way, but Brady doesn't want to be nice to the "creep" who almost cost his company "everything." They talk about Vivian and Brady burying her alive, and Leo admires Brady's muscles. Brady is not amused. Leo pushes with innuendo, Brady pushes back (verbally), Leo grabs him and kisses him as John walks in. What is wrong with him, Brady asks, Leo laughs it off. Eventually Leo figures out that John is the one who tracked his mother down. He gets bored, will fix a snack and go to bed; he tells Brady to drop by if he gets hungry. Brady gets compliments from John on his CEO job, and John worries about the confrontations with Eve, Chad, and Stefan; Chloe has been a support to him, Brady reports. John starts at this, but Brady says they're just friends; he frets about Leo's plans, tells John he hasn't met Leo's mother yet. John goes out to see him.

Chloe is talking to her mom on the phone, Doug and Julie are having date night, again, she's on her own. She enters the Club, Stefan is there on the beach chairs. Chloe forgot about Eli's private party; Stefan enjoys a mojito and tries to get her to sit down with him by flirting. She plans to ignore him, but he continues the banter. She relents for one drink if he'll leave her alone after that. Later, she is sorting mail as they drink; work is her oasis of peace and order since taking Holly in (Parker and Holly leaving toys around, etc.). They talk about parenting and Big Z laments the loss of Charlotte; then they talk business and she talks about what a great businessman her ex-husband Brady is. They talk about her love life, then she redirects to his. As they are talking, one of her packages is a bloody dagger. She flashes back to her Noodlecide.

At the police station, Hope leaves a message for Ciara, she and Ted talk about why she's not answering. Hope also calls Claire and learns Ciara's not been home. More speculation, Hope calls the airline, confirms the flight landed hours ago. More fretting and worry that Ciara could be with Ben; she resolves to find him now.

Replay of Ciara in her undisclosed location struggling and bound. Later, the mystery figure holding her plays messages and with some matches. While bound, Ciara flashes back to the fire. (There are about 50 scenes of mystery gloves and Ciara writhing.)

Hope has called Marlena to the station, introduces Ted (whom Marlena knows), recaps Ciara's being missing, needs to know where Ben is. Hope wants to know when Marlena saw Ben, and if he said anything about Ciara. She begs, Marlena blocks a bit, more begging.

Diana is in her hotel room, reading a news story on her tablet, about Sami shooting Marlena at the wedding, there's a knock. She peeks, then opens it. Hello, Roman, she says.

Ciara asks her unseen kidnapper, "Why are you doing this to me? Who are you?" END

Hey, you have to make your own jokes sometimes. This show was dreadful again today. I can't believe this is sweeps.

Why did we have to watch 13 clockwork episodes leading up to another clockwork episode?

I did like the use of flashbacks from May and July though. They were on point.

Hope is still insane. I'll give the show bonus points for trying badly to mislead us that this is Ben, though. I'll give more bonus points if it turns out to be EJ or Patrick Lockhart though.

I do not approve of how Leo is being written - they're taking it too far. It is one thing to come on to a hustler who's trying to play you - Brady gave clear "no" responses several times. Subtlety is not Ron's forté. (Ron=Ron Carlivati, head writer)

I think Diana's recast is terrible. She's a good actress but Diana Colville never looked at people like she was planning to kill them. (Ms Chapman appears to have one look in her one-shots and it's reminiscent of Pamela Voorhees, from the Friday the 13th movies.)

The scenes with the Rapist and Chloe should have aired a year ago, before he raped Abby. I still don't buy his pity-me life, but if we'd had a meet-cute before he started obsessing over a fake person who was married to his newfound "brother", he'd be easier to take now. Seriously he's a blank slate for the last 25 years? No boarding school crush? No woman stolen by his adopted brother? ANYTHING?

I think Diana's recast is terrible. She's a good actress but Diana Colville never looked at people like she was planning to kill them.
I can't take this actress as Diana Colville, who was a much softer character. This version of Diana just feels like Ron Carlivati told the writers to watch YouTube clips of Judith Chapman as Gloria on Y&R and do the same thing, because it feels like she's Gloria, pulled from Genoa City to Salem.

I wasn't watching when Diana Colville was on though I swear I vaguely remember Genie Francis being on. And that she was nice? I started in 92 so not sure how long she was on. But yeah, this Diana Colville I think will be killing someone shortly! I wish they had made her someone different.

It appears Leo will sleep with any man. Stranger, relative, doesn't matter. But it's not good. I thought it would have been funny when Brady said he buried Vivian alive and Leo better watch it he might be next if Leo would have said Will and Sonny already tried that.

I was almost sympathetic with Hope since Ciara is actually abducted until she went to Ben again! Trying to get Marlena to break her doctor/patient confidentiality. But Hope - yes Ben did rescue Ciara!!! She had a broken leg, laying on the side of the road!! He rescued her get over it!!

Dangit!! I was hoping we would see who has Ciara. Apparently she's back at the cabin, which apparently will just not burn down. I hope it's a good reveal and not someone lame.

I wasn't watching when Diana Colville was on though I swear I vaguely remember Genie Francis being on. And that she was nice?
For the most part, Diana was nice. And she very much loved Carrie, Sami and Eric (and they loved her). She and Roman/John were engaged and living together. Their wedding was stopped by Cal Winters who claimed to be Diana's husband (he actually wasn't, though). Diana eventually left town after accidentally shooting Roman/John, out of guilt (even though he forgave her).

Damsel in Distress: Now that some creep is out to make Chloe pay for her Noodlecide (good one, Jason), why doesn't her new, would-be friend, Pervy O. McPerv, play her gallant hero by offering to whisk her away to some secret DiMera island or to scenic Alamania?

One-Track Mind: OMG, Hope is at it again. If there was a bank robbery, murder, mugging, burning building, or lost cat in Salem, she'd immediately be blaming Ben. Ted's new friend seriously needs some help.

Sarcophagus Vacancy: Creepy Leo better not push his luck. Since it's clear that Brady recalls dumping Vivian in the magic sarcophagus, he might just decide that the solution to the Leo problem is to dump him in there. Imagine the following: Sonny -- "Leo, if you're going to be a member of the family, you've got to pay a visit with me to the Kiriakis mausoleum. It's a family shrine. We go there all the time."

Online Dating Anyone?: Chloe asking McPerv about whether he engages in online dating raises the question of what approach he'd use to attract women. Would it be: "Handsome, wealthy corporate executive seeks schizophrenic young woman with a sexy, willing alter."

Blast from the Past: So Leo's problem mother knew John way back when. How many more women from his past are going to turn up? By now, John might be wishing that he'd spent his younger days in monastery.

I do not approve of how Leo is being written - they're taking it too far. It is one thing to come on to a hustler who's trying to play you - Brady gave clear "no" responses several times. Subtlety is not Ron's forté. (Ron=Ron Carlivati, head writer)

Why would a vile, creepy, lying con-artist and extortionist take no for an answer?

The Diana thing doesn’t bother me. I’ve become used to all of Ron’s recasts being bad, but I really like this actress. I also give him a pass this time because a lot can change in 30 years. Those scenes between Stefan and Chloe should’ve been Brady and Chloe. I wish Brady would listen to John. Brady is doing a 180 and it sucks.

Thanks, Jason.

Chloe mentioned Doug and Julie were having another date night.

I guess Stefan switched from carrying Gabby's hair to Charlotte's spoon with him.

Leo should find Stefan.. Stefan seemed lonely to me.

Poor Chloe, someone sent her the knife she used to kill Mr Noodle.

Hope is singing the same ole tune again "Ben did it, it's Ben's fault"

Is Ciara in the same cabin she was in before that burned? If so, who keeps putting
it back together?

Wouldn’t the knife Chloe used to kill Mr.Noodles be under lock and key in the police evidence archives?

I really thought the DOOL writers were trying to be fair to the LBGTQ community, but Leo is a travesty. His character depicts being gay as being creepy, lustful and parasitic. A great disservice to that community - he must go NOW!

People are people, some are nice, some are good, some are nasty, some are evil. Doesn't make any difference what nationality, religion, color, gender, etc. They all have had an upbringing that affects them as adults, or events in their lives which may have had an influence. Ted Laurent seems to hit on women easily, Kate has bedded many, Will, Sonny & Paul were all nice guys, Leo is not. Xander operates on the wrong side of the law, but has a bit of heart he shows every once in a while. Gabi has done some really terrible things, all the while seeming to be this nice gal, mother, businesswoman, friend. Chloe, who has been a good person, sings beautifully, managed to stick a knife into the back of a drug dealer, escaping with Xander's help.
I don't think one can say any one faction or kind of person/people on Days has been ill treated. Well, except for the living room sofas in the various homes and apartments. LOL

Thanks for the summary!

Leo grabs him and kisses him as John walks in. What is wrong with him, Brady asks,
I know what's wrong with him - he's an out-and-out CREEP!

I really thought the DOOL writers were trying to be fair to the LBGTQ community, but Leo is a travesty. His character depicts being gay as being creepy, lustful and parasitic. A great disservice to that community - he must go NOW!
I SOOOO agree! Leo is not representative of the LBGTQ community - he is just a creep!

Back