Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 17, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 17, 2020

Ciara sits, flashing back to Grampa Victor telling her who/how Will was framed, Xander comes in, asking her if she is going to keep the secret Vic asked her to keep. She evades, in comes Sarah with Mickey. Xander happy to see them both, Ciara uses the excuse to take off.

Nicole is ready to leave (glad it is so warm in the midwest in mid-January, the women do not need coats, Jackets, & their sleeveless dresses keep them warm enough!) She is looking for keys, in returns Eric, who thought she'd already be gone to work. Mickey has been responding well, they got permission to return home, continue treatments in Salem at the hospital. Nicole glad, thanks him for letting her & Holly stay, will probably be moving out now that he is back. No, stay, he has room at Pub. He asks how Holly is doing, Nicole just talked to teachers, she is reading like mad, learning to add. Eric looks at dollhouse, wonders if it was too young for Holly. Nope, her fav toy, she loves it. Nicole leaves.

Brady comes into office, Kristen there, he just saw Gabi, Kristen makes up a stupid reason for Gabi to have been there, then starts coming on strong to Brady, who resists. But Kristen persists, breathy voice, up close & personal, Brady keeps telling her he is with Nicole, loves her. Kristen doesn't believe that for a second, Nicole walks in, Brady grabs her, passionate kissing, even going so far as to insinuate they will have sex on the desk, right in front of Kristen, who yells for them to stop, Enough. Nicole leaves, Kristen starts in on Brady all over again, insisting they have an emotional connection, shows him bracelet she is wearing, that when he gave it to her, they thought they were going to be so happy, but things changed. She reminds him they have never talked about it, thinks they should.

Sonny comes along, (at hospital), sees Justin, says he just left Victor, who is in very bad mood. Justin gives Sonny divorce papers just arrived from Will's lawyer. He tells Sonny to sign, he will send them back for Will's signature. No, Sonny has different idea.

Will has a visitor, he goes in, shocked to see Adrienne, who yells at him for killing her, causing unhappiness for so many people. And of course it's a dream, he wakes up, then is called to the visitor's room, Sonny awaits. He has the divorce papers, doesn't want to sign. Will yells about what he did, tells of his dream, nothing will be all right ever, he signs the papers, shoves them at Sonny, who is very hesitant, but finally signs. Will says he will get them to his attorney, goodbye, Sonny.

At the hospital, Kayla goes to see Victor, Maggie is yelling at him, tells Kayla he is so stressed, BP shot up. Kayla looks at monitor, tells Vic he has to relax, blah, blah, and leaves. (Reading on that monitor did not look high to me, but what do I know). She goes out, sees Eric, hugs, along comes Sarah with Mickey, into her office. Yes, they will be able to continue Mickey's treatments there, in tandem with the Boston doctor, who happens to call right then. Kayla says the parents and Mickey are right there, listens, she understands, hangs up, tells Eric & Sarah that Mickey's numbers are not good, and the upshot is a bone marrow transplant. Since there is no full sibling, both parents are tested, she will do that right now herself, draw the blood, get it to lab. Sarah wants to see her mother, Kayla will get her, send her there. Eric offers to take Mickey home with him, will call Sarah when she wakes.

Maggie worried about Mickey, Vic says she will be fine. Ciara arrives to see Vic, talks to Justin, telling him she was mistaken about Xander & Vic framing Ben, that though she overheard them talking, she misunderstood their conversation.

Maggie comes out, gives Justin a scarf Sonny left behind, Justin mention he already has gone to see Will, with the divorce papers. Ciara is listening as they talk. Maggie goes to Kayla's office, Sarah crying, tells about Mickey. Maggie tells her she wasn't there for her before, but is now.

Eric brings Mickey to the apartment, Nicole returns. She remarks how beautiful Mickey is, such rosy cheeks. Eric give her the news, numbers not good. Nicole notes Eric strong for others, but he doesn't have to be with her. She knows him, embraces him. His head is on her shoulder, tears in his eyes as she holds him.

Ciara goes to the prison, catches Will before he leave the visitors' room. (Is that prison next door to the hospital? ) She tells Will not to sign the papers, he already did. Then don't file them, but he has to. No, Will, you are innocent...you did not kill Adrienne.

Can I just say how exciting it is for someone to find out a secret and immediately spill the goods without some made up angst about not telling? Watching Ciara march straight down to the prison and tell Will reminds me how stupid this Lani/Gabi/Julie/JJ mess is. Hopefully, this isn't going to get buried next week somehow. It's time to move all of this along.

(Reading on that monitor did not look high to me, but what do I know
More than the Days writers, I'm sure.
Oh, the minute they said bone marrow transplant.......my eyes rolled.
I vomited.

98% of the show stinks beyond human capacity to measure right now. But I'll admit to surprise that Will and Sonny might not divorce before their eventual reunion. We'll see.

Yep, figured that would be the case. I bet neither Eric or Sarah is a match, so they'll ask family and friends to be tested. And I bet Brady or Kristen is a match. Just my guess.

I hope the heck not. I hate Brady and Kristen as a couple, an addict and his abuser is not my idea of a love story. :sick::beat:

Kristen does not deserve a happy ending. She has not changed one bit as evidenced by her recent selfish, violent & down right bad behavior. :tsk:

Thanks, Poirot.

It was interesting when Will was dreaming he asked Adrienne if Rolf brought
her back to life.

Poor Mickey, the chemo isn't working. Of course, it isn't. She went to Boston
for treatment instead of staying home in miracle town Salem.

I enjoyed all the cliffhangers at the end of today's show.

Line of the day goes to Kayla when she sees Mickey in the car seat and said
"what
a doll baby" :)

I really have to ask - do these two bumbling impersonators really think they can keep John and Marlena from talking to their own children, or friends, or anyone for a long enough period of time to fall in love with them?

I mean this plot was idiotic enough with the chips and the bad accents - but this isn't even an exciting story with an outcome anyone would want to see.

I'm flummoxed.

Line of the day goes to Kayla when she sees Mickey in the car seat and said
"what
a doll baby" :)
Doll-in-Blanket appreciated the shout-out, too.

ad805a0768bb3dd92b896d6f45afb7ea.jpg

I think Ciara was torn between protecting her grandfather, after he told her his secret in confidence.......and knowing Will & Sonny loved each other, but guilt ridden Will was insisting on divorce, loving Sonny so much he was setting him free.
And while I know Victor constantly wants to protect his family, that was a horrible thing to do, let someone go to prison for something they did not do.

Just let me say this. A while back there was an accident........Eric driving one car, Daniel, Brady in another, Jennifer in another. Why do I get the feeling this is a rinse and repeat?

I really hope that Xander is the only match for baby Mickey.
Couldn't agree more. The way self-righteous Eric has been treating Nicole, this is a kick in the pants that he richly deserves.
Doll-in-Blanket appreciated the shout-out, too.
Yes, but Doll-in-Blanket might resent not getting some screen time. After all, her appearance would probably generate far more viewer interest than the unbearable Steve-ano, faux Princess Gina, hapless Lani, vicious Gabi, creepy Kristen, and clueless Eli.

Finally, why is foolish Brady provoking crazy Kristen by repeatedly giving Nicole big wet ones in her presence? And why is Nicole going along with this? Given Kristen's record, is this really wise? This utter lack of good judgment is further proof why Victor was right in firing Brady and hiring Xander as CEO and why poor Nicole is always having one problem or another.

Back