Days of Our Lives - Fri., Jan. 3, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 3, 2020

Kayla is dreaming that she had a bad dream, woke up, Steve is there, assuring her bad dream, all is o.k. She wake up for real, Justin is the one now reassuring her all is o.k.

Rafe is going over some files as Roman comes in as Rafe asked. Rafe needs advice from his old boss, says something off with Hope, she is making a lot of mistakes since appointed commissioner, he even found her & Kate in a cat fight at a crime scene. He has been documenting the various things, tells how Hope called Kate to the crime scene to question, instead of the P.D. Touched the tiara....Roman agrees these are tons of rookie mistakes. Wonders why Rafe did not talk to Hope, he did, she becomes irate, accusing him of not getting over the divorce, thus ignoring it all.

Steve-ano is complaining to himself about having to wear the patch. Gina calls him, he is talking of the plans he has for “her”. Behind him, Marlena has come in.......what plans. He hangs up, nope, Tis Hattie. Surprised to see him there, doesn't like him as a roommate, he wants her to move out, she refuses, he talks of danger, that she could be mistaken for Marlena. Sounds plausible, she agrees, but wonders why, if his eye was fixed, he is wearing patch. He makes excuses, saying he doesn't feel like he can be Steve Johnson without it, she laughs, remembers how hard it was for her to stop gum chewing when pretending to be Marlena. O.k. She will go pack, he suggests she bunk with Kate, sounds good to her.

Gina sits at the Pub, unhappy, evidently with her eggs. Kate comes, sits down, Gina berates her, calling her the “help”. Kate is warning her about Stefano never being able to get Marlena from John, and she will not get John from Marlena. No Way. Gina is confident, Stefano can do it. She leaves, Roman comes in, she shows him the plate of eggs, and in comes Hattie, who sees “Hope”, big hug, Gina rebuffs her, she complains she thought they were friends. No, we are not, and Gina is out the door. Roman tells Kate to take Hattie in back, apron, etc., goes outside, questions Gina, telling her that while Kate may not be one, she & Hattie were good friends, Hope was always kind to her. Gina says sorry, no breakfast, Roman says he is worried about her, what is wrong, Rafe also worried. She is fine, she takes off.

Xander is talking with Victor, upset about Mickey, then telling him Ciara has been lying to him, she is still visiting Ben. Vic doesn't believe it, Xander goes on and on, Ciara is digging into stuff, he tried to fire her, she said Vic would not let that happen. But she is too close to learning, she has to be terminated. No, not killed, but removed from the house and fired from Titan. Vic refuses, you try to fire her, I will fire you!

Kayla goes to see Steve, wanting to know what happened. He tries to put her off, she is happy with Justin. Yes, she is, but what happened to him?

Ciara is at the prison, visiting Ben, today is his final hearing. Justin arrives, they all talk, Justin comments there is only circumstantial evidence, Ben was at crime scene, only his & David's DNA on Jordan, but no witnesses. Ciara tries to say she could testify as to what she heard Vic & Xander saying about putting an innocent man in prison. Nope, that is hearsay. And doesn't prove it is Ben. He leaves for court.

Kate is tying a Pub apron on Hattie as Roman comes back in, she is all excited, is still on the team, makes another reference Roman doesn't understand, as she scurries off. He asks Kate if she understands her, Kate just rolls eyes, rarely.

Rafe sits going over files. Gina comes in. You are fired! He is...”what”? You are fired!

Ciara comes in as Vic is getting off the phone, just the information he needed. He asks Ciara why she lied, she was just visiting Ben.

Xander is at the prison now, visiting Ben. Wants to talk about Ben's nosy girlfriend.

Kayla has come to see Steve, wanting to know what happened? He thinks she is happy with Justin, she is, but why did he stop communicating. She pulls out wedding pic of them, what happened to this man? Frustrated Steve-ano screams at her........I fell in love with another woman. Kayla's eyes fill with tears.

I was rather hoping all of this was just Kayla's bad dream but nope. I am surprised that they didn't say Steve had an eye replacement so he wouldn't have to wear the patch. I love how hearing is so inconsistent. Someone is 2 feet away doesn't hear a thing. Someone just walks in and hears everything.

Ben being on death row is just absolutely ridiculous. Would he really get a death sentence for killing one person? They can't use the others against him. I'll just be glad when he is out.

Kayla is breaking my heart. She doesn't know how right she is that someone stole Steve's soul.

Hope is ridiculous too. Why has no one even thought maybe she's Princess Gina? She has been a few times. It's Salem! That should be their first thought.

Ben evidently was arrested since it was his place, he was there, (& previous history, which probably was not mentioned in court, but caused his immediate arrest. )

Last edited:
Unless there is some sort of counter serum to restore Steve, I doubt it is gonna happen. Hope has been Gina for over a year now, so whatever it was, has not worn off. (tho, at the time, Rolf did use a scalpel, there was blood, and it was supposed to be a "chip". So unless it does turn out to be "chips" after all, this serum is long lasting & Steve won't be returning, instead we get this stupid imitation. Rolf should have gotten a person that was a stranger to everyone.........not someone who had a strong presence in Salem for so many years. Stupidity!

Agree, O.C. We hear of folks on "death row" for 10 years........their appeals taking forever to come before the court. But then, Salem has laws unto itself, apparently. LOL
An FYI.......States that abolished the death penalty are......Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Iowa, among others.....all states which might be where Salem exists. Also, anyone sentenced to death, are housed in "death row", and I doubt Will is sentenced to death.
P.S. 20 states have abolished the death penalty.
Since Salemites mostly favor sports teams based in the Chicago area, it would seem Salem is located in the vicinity at least. However, evidently, Salem exists by itself, apparently, (like Washington, D.C.) and just another F.Y.I......No death penalty in D.C. either. :)

Today was a tale of competence and cluelessness.

Among the competent were:

Hattie for recognizing just how weird Steve-ano is acting;

Rafe for spotting all of Hope's mistakes and realizing that she is thoroughly out to lunch;

Roman for realizing how weird the Kate-Hope encounter was -- so weird that it rated two "what da hells."

The clueless included:

The usually-astute Xander for worrying too much about Ciara exonerating Ben. Even if Ben was set free, the Salem P.D., which couldn't spot a herd of pink elephants in the Town Square, couldn't solve Jordan's murder.

Steve-ano and "Gina" for their hopeless quests to win Marlena and John. They should join Kristen in a therapy group for those who have no chance with the objects of their affection. Somebody should also tell Hope can't simply fire Rafe. As a public employee, he gets due process in employment actions and will have support from the police union.

Justin: Instead of relying on the old "circumstantial evidence" argument, he should be noting legal errors by the judge and misconduct by the district attorney and police department. From the sound of things, they just made up their minds that Ben was guilty and never did any real investigation.

Thanks, Poirot.

A new day in Salem.

I'm glad Hattie asked Steve why he wore an eye patch when he told her the
other day he didn't need one.

Roman and his big mouth caused "Hope" to fire Rafe. Maybe it was part
of a plan.

At John and Marlena's townhouse, there were more pictures in the alcove.

Justin was lucky Kayla didn't call him Steve when he touched her.

Poor Kayla, Stevano told her loved someone else. Will he tell her who?

Back