Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 6, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, July 6, 2018

Good episode...but a bit of filler. Repeat of Claire doing the poor me, glad I have you thing, then kissing Tripp, who immediately pulls away. What are you doing? She apologizes, should not have done that, then confesses that after Theo dumped her, she has felt so alone, & Tripp made her feel safe. She goes on about when he had a crush on her, she had some feelings for him, blah, blah. Excuses are made, Tripp leaves to go put up flyers for the missing Ciara.

Hope is desperate, and distraught, Clyde is brought in, she thinks he might know where Ben is, tells him why. Clyde says Ben is in the sanitarium, is surprised to learn he is released. He is not too keen on helping Hope & Rafe since they worked so hard to put him in prison, but does say no idea where Ben might be, and has not heard from him. (loved these scenes)

In the courtroom, Ted really has Eve squirming, Theresa is looking upset, as Ted is questioning about the amulet, insinuating Brady might have been the killer. Theresa is upset, asks Ted where he got all this info, he says when he takes a case, his team is very thorough on the background checks. She is upset about Brady being accused. Justin ends up putting Brady on the stand, who admits he planted the amulet on Eve, set her up, but only says he found it, not where.

Eric is talking to JJ, who is all sympathetic about friendless Theresa, who will be in same situation as Lani if she loses this suit. They talk back and forth, wanting to diffuse the problems between Brady & Theresa, Eric suggesting they each talk to one of them.......JJ to Theresa, Eric to Brady.

At the cabin, Ciara is trying to calm Ben down, who is still talking of her being in handcuffs, (flashes of it for him) and suddenly his father is there, egging him on, telling him Ciara is lying to him, as Ciara is pleading with Ben, no one is there, she is not handcuffed. (Excellent scenes!!) Clyde keeps on, even pulling out a tie, stretching it out, telling Ben he knows what to do with it. Ciara is constant, Clyde is not there, just me and you, reaching out her hand, (she put the knife down), telling him to take it, just we two are here. Ben does take her hand, sits down on the bed, when he turns, Daddy is gone. Ciara tells him he was imagining, that he has a chemical imbalance in his brain, this is why he needs his meds, begs him to go get his prescription refilled before the pharmacy closes. She shows him her phone, shuts it off, won't call her mom, won't go anywhere. Ben agrees and leaves to go. Ciara lays her head back, dozes off.

Theresa is back at JJ's, eating cereal, as JJ returns. He can see she looks miserable, had a bad time, she doesn't say much, except that her barracuda lawyer is practically accusing Brady of murder, she did not want that at all, what if he is charged with it now.

Brady & Eve are in their hotel room, talking of what happened. Brady says he did not kill Deimos, talks of Victor's original plan involving Xander, but finally admits he got the amulet from the person who did. He is not proud of what he did, it was vindictive and out for revenge. Outside, Eric is about to knock.

Rafe has his laptop open, oh, my gosh, Ciara's phone went on. Hope urges him to get location.

Ciara stirs on the bed, the room is hazy, rather smoky. She coughs, wakes up, shocked as she sees flames! Cabin is on fire.She rubs her leg, is panic stricken.

Ciara had a burner phone and her own phone. Maybe he smashed the burner.

Great scenes in the cabin today. Too bad they can't write every story with this level of urgency and drama.

I'm tired of seeing characters dressed for Fall/Winter in July. Hope is wearing tweed, Rafe is wearing leather, Eric is wearing a denim jacket. Come on.

You guys are a stitch.......Have to say the cabin scenes are really great. Rob Wilson (Ben) has his character down pat, and sure does a fabulous job of having Ben lose it. Wow. I liked at the end when Ciara noted she was able to calm him down, get him back, and he told her she was good at it. There was Clyde, urging him to end Ciara's life, and there was Ben, hearing Ciara, and saying, no, no, I don't want to hurt anyone. That was why he agreed to go for the meds. I also liked when he could not understand what was wrong with him, she said "chemical imbalance", and convinced him to go get prescription refilled.

By the way, Rafe noted Ciara's phone went on....so, lousy editing, because we already had seen her shut it off! So obviously, that had to occur earlier. Sure wish they had someone around who could be given the honorary title of "vice president of common sense". Oh, heck, even Supervisor of common sense. LOL

Did I miss how the fire started? Could Ciara's calling be in the medical field as a psychologist or psychiatrist? I sure hope they haven’t written a tragic scenario for Ben.

Last edited:
As others have said the cabin scenes were great, including the surprise appearance of creepy Clyde. It's too bad the writers can't be on their A-game more often. Speaking of Clyde, while he's out of prison, he could appear to a few more Salemites. He could drop in on Kate to warn her against Stinky O. McPutrid and visit the creep himself to say that if he messes with his old girlfriend things will turn out very badly for him. (Image Stefan Zero being menaced by Clyde's old enforcer, Jeremiah.)

Greg+J+-+Jeremiah.png

Jeremiah: "Listen up, Zero, "The boss wants
you to know that if you do Kate wrong you'll
end up buried behind a barn outside of Poplar
Bluff."

Over at the courthouse, Justin was displaying his usual lack of lawyerly brilliance by foolishly putting Brady on the witness stand where he could be sliced and diced by Ted. It's hard to understand how Judge Rose Duncan can stand this circus. She ought to tell Ted and Justin "Clarence Darrow" Kiriakis to closet themselves and their clients in a conference room and not to come out until they've reached a custody settlement.

12427-004-AB4DCD74.jpg

Clarence Darrow: "Justin is a lawyer? I never
would have guessed."

Last edited:
Ciara noted she was able to calm him down, get him back, and he told her she was good at it.
Maybe Ciara will be the next resident psychiatrist at Salem University Hospital. In the Salem Time Warp, she could be an MD before her leg heals.

Ciara could have turned her phone back on after Ben left.

TobyJ, I saw your comment after I posted this. Great minds, anyone???

Thanks, Poirot.

I thought Rafe said Ciara's phone was on, but was now off. Does the phone have to be
on to find someone?

Oh my, Brady admitted he had the amulet. Will he tell Eve who killed Deimos? Will
Eric hear him if he does? Or is Eric at a different door?

I laughed when Eve called Theresa's lawyer Pepe Le Pew. The lawyer is a skunk. :)

It was strange when JJ told Eric he saw Lani recently. It was that afternoon. It was
recently, but he could have said it was today.

I hope JJ isn't falling for Theresa.

I enjoyed seeing Clyde today.

Oh no, the cabin is on fire again. Will Chad rescue Ciara like he did Abby?

Oh, I also want a twist.....but only that it wasn't Nicole......but someone else. Like Clyde, or Jeremiah. or even Vivian, or how about Ted? LOL Everyone was drugged by Deimos, and most cannot remember anything, except in bits in a haze.

Back