Days of Our Lives - Fri. June 11, 2010

when did Marie have her storylines on Days? I am not sure if I remember her or not?

The actress, Maree Cheatham, who they've brought back for this story was the 'original' Marie Horton. She left Salem in the early/mid-70s .... and the character was brought back in 1979, with another actress, Lanna Saunders, playing the part. This continued until 1985. (Lanna was diagnosed with MS and, within a couple of years was too ill to continue, so they wrote Marie out in '85. Lanna died in 2007 from complications related to her MS)
For Tom's funeral and a couple of other things, they've used Maree Cheatham in the role.

As far as Marie Horton's history ... BTW she's Nick Fallon's grandmother ....
http://www.soapcentral.com/days/whoswho/marie.php

Marie looked beautiful. She looks the same as the last time she was on the show. Just the way I remember her. It was great seeing that flashback of a very young Marie talking to her mother. That must have been a really really early episode.

I'm glad Hope admitted that she was the one who started the ball rolling with the divorce. Funny that she thought Bo had forgotten about it. That's not something one forgets.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot!

Thanks for saying that kpatch....I know that Bo isn't in everyone's best books right now... and truthfully I have a really hard time defending him...but in all fairness, as you said...it was Hope that got that ball rolling.

I so agree. Many of you were so mad at Hope at first. Then you turned on Bo. I'm with Bo. Hope was ridiculous.

well I think it really is the way that TPTB is writing this silly storyline. I know they wanted to inject some life into this couple but this whole thing was really badly done, I feel. They could have had marital problems brought on by the whole loss of their son/kidnapping of their daughter...blah blah blah on a more cerebral wavelength...but these are always visceral storylines and sometimes they just alienate more fans then they expect. There is just so many times that the viewers want to see a couple torn apart and put back together again. It just gets "really old"....lines are drawn and two sides begin to throw stones at one another's character as to caused the current upheaval...and it goes on and on and on.

Back