Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 10, 2013

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 10, 2013

A rather uneven show today. Kate comes into Common Grounds, greeting Will & Sonny. She had a cute set of booties for the baby, shows Will, he admires. And then he wants to know why she broke up with Rafe, Sonny returns, and a lot of time is spent with them telling her how happy she looked the past few months, yada, yada. She finally leaves.

Stefano is talking to someone, wants them to do something NOW.

Sami rushes into DiMansion, looking for Stefano, is angry, ready to explode. EJ comes in, calms her down, tries reasoning with her, they argue, are shouting, Johnny comes in, says for them to stop fighting. They shut up, were just having a discussion. He wants dessert, EJ offers to get him some fruit per mommy's suggestion. She talks to him about school, a story he wrote about moving into the mansion, and mentions the pic he drew of Dracula. She asks if it is not fun there. Oh, yes, it is, but he liked living with Rafe better.EJ has come in behind them with a tray, stops and listens. Sami knows Rafe loves him and misses him, but they are with daddy now and they all are together. Johnny agrees, says he loves his daddy, he is the BEST, but this isn't Daddy's house. This is nono's. He then asks if they can't go live with Rafe again, Daddy, too? EJ comes with the tray with a fruit dessert on it. Small talk, Johnny loves it, Sami thinks perhaps the dessert will make a mess, so they leave to go into another room. EJ calls someone, has something for them to do. He texts Sami that he had to leave on an errand. Adds "do not talk to father".

Nicole is walking in the square, drops her purse, contents spill, she begins picking up, Father Eric comes along, helps, their hands touch, and they are madly kissing. Ooops, daydream. She is really in the rectory, mad at herself for having these daydreams, sweeps papers and her purse off her desk. She starts picking things up, Eric arrives and helps. They chat a bit, she is grateful he helped her when she needed it. He came back to Salem just in time. He thanks her for helping him, that he was having a rough patch, and she stuck it out with him as well. In comes Vargas, Eric leaves to tend to a service. Vargas chats with Nicole, sort of giving her a hard time, but does mention he will be out of her hair soon. Will be moving on, but doesn't say what he is up to. Eric returns for his stole, Vargas leaves to do something with the basement floor, commenting on how he is discovering all his talents. He leaves, Nicole puts Eric's stole around his neck, and he gets going again.

Rafe is confronting Nick about the kind of man he is. Nick has no idea what he is talking about, Rafe goes on about how he was in prison for murder, how he was obsessed with Melanie, how he got out, barely knew his sister before bedding her, convinced her to say he was the baby's father. How he talks of loving her, protecting her, etc. Nick is baffled, as yes, all that is true. And he is a changed man, yada, yada. Nick starts yapping about lies that Will may have told him, but Rafe is stern and emphatic that this is about YOU, Nick, Not about Will. Rafe gets a call from Hope, but is meeting Gabi, and is going to tell his sister exactly the kind of man Nick is. Rafe doubts Gabi will stay with him when she grasps the truth.

Rafe sits with Hope, who is a bit upset because she was supposed to pick up Ciara at her friend's house, was running late, Ciara is furious with her, and said she'd rather stay at her friend's and watch a movie. Small talk. Rafe mentions talking with her cousin Nick. They talk a bit about the baby. A cop comes in, tells Rafe a package arrived for him. It's the FBI jacket for Johnny that Rafe ordered. He calls EJ, tells him the jacket arrived. He is going to see his sis at the Pub in a bit, will meet EJ there.

Nick bursts into the coffee shop, yelling at Will & Sonny, wanting to know what sort of crap they have been saying to Rafe about him. Will says nothing, Rafe figures things out all on his own, Sonny agrees. Not hard to tell that the only reason Nick did not want Will involved with the baby is because he is a homophobe.

Gabi talks with Caroline, who thinks she is overdoing and should go upstairs and rest. Gabi reminds her she lives at the Kmansion now. Caroline laughs, yes, that is right. Rafe calls her, offers to bring her some craving food, cinnamon blueberry muffins. He is on his way. Later, Nick calls, she is having a snack with Caroline, waiting for Rafe, who is coming by. Nick is on his way. We see Nick, all anxious to get there before Rafe. He gets a call, says he has the money, just has to do something before depositing it, but will do so.
Kate comes into the Pub, gives Gabi the booties, is thanked and told she will always be able to visit the baby, there won't be any problem with Nick or anything.
EJ comes into the pub, greets them all, and thanks Kate for the thoughtful gift she gave his fiance'. Kate smiles, says she tries to always pick out something useful, that the person might need.

Sami comes downstairs, finds Stefano at his chess table. She says hello, he asks if she plays chess. No, but why don't you teach me. She sits down, lips pursed. She picks up a chess piece knows a bit about it, says it is the kind, then says, that is you Stefano. She looks around the board and pieces. Wonder which one is me. Which is EJ, or Chad. Kristen, Johnny? And angrily, she asks, and which is Will?

Rafe is walking, FBI jacket over his arm, looking at his phone. He stops, behind him, an arm encased in a blue jacket wields a large pipe, smacking Rafe in the head. Down he goes, lies sprawled on the ground, unconscious.

How sad is it when your son tells you he would rather live with his step-dad? Once again Sami thought of no one but herself just her sexual needs and therefore another partner. Her kid’s feelings just don’t exist in her mind or junior’s! It’s kind of funny last week junior told Rafe not to make him look bad in the eyes of his son, oops to late junior has already accomplished it! Rafe didn’t have to say a thing…hehehe

First I want to say that I had the best laugh reading thoughts of the show on Twitter today. It's amazing how people were turning on a dime during the Johnny and Sami scenes. There were claims of Sami/Rafe propping, Rafe propping, dumb writer attacks (I agree with those) and Johnny insults such as "the kid's dead to me" and "EJ should take his eye out and send him to his room". And then amazingly the same people were singing praises - awww he loves his daddy, their such a happy family, and the writers finally got it right.

EJ's phone call was definitely a red herring. I think it had more to do with whatever he's planning against Stefano after hearing Johnny say they were living in Stefano's house. Is he going to try to evict the Phoenix LOL?

deleted spoiler info in a non-spoiler forum....JS

"EJ should take his eye out and send him to his room"

I know that's only a show, but such comments are truly horrible ! (Oh, and I know you did not write that, cryin, you were just repeating).

But, for such a happy family... where the heck were Sydney and Allie ? Or is the cake only for Johnny ? Sibbling rivalry in the future, perhaps ? Karma for Sami !

Oh, and how about Hope complaining that Ciara is mad at her for being late... AND SHE STAYS AT THE STATION TO DRINK COFFEE ! Get up and get your daughter, you dimwit ! :mad:

Also, something you forgot in the wite-up, Poirot: Vargas teases Nick about how Hope wanted to put them in touch. Nick is annoyed when Vargas asks him about the job he gave Nick.

Caroline seems to remember where the strip joint is without an hesitation, however she can't remember if Gabi and Nick are married and no longer residing above the pub....hmmm

TPTB should either rip up the damn collar off Eric Brady or let him remains a priest....but please show some respect to the church....First Nicole and Vargas went at it like little rabbits.....Nicole constanly making google eyes with the priest..If Nicole wants to stop having those feelings....she should leave the church

I want Nicole to move out of that convent, get her own place and spend some time alone mourning her child and getting her life together. Then build up her own business. This show needs to show a woman in a stronge light, living and existing as her own person without needing/obsessing over a man.

Ej -Kate Oh Kate thanks for giving Sami the lunatic a gun as our engagement party so she can shoot me again.
Kate-Ej No problem don't mention it...I am looking for the fireworks to begin.
This didn't actually happen this way...lol

All that baloney from Will & Sonny was strictly to further push the "coupling" of Kate and Rafe into our subconscious.
Maybe next they will have Nicole dating JJ? Hey, maybe even Kate could date JJ? Wait, if Nicole is dating JJ, maybe Kate could date Tad. Or Sami could. Why not. Days is turning into Cougarville. Maybe JJ can bring home a friend and his mother can fall for that guy, so Daniel in frustration starts going after Abby, or Gabi. Yeah, probably Gabi, as she is due to be in the hospital wearing one of those hospital gowns, isn't she?

Back