Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 17, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 17, 2019

Sarah is eating at the Pub, Xander comes in, makes all kinds of indecent proposals, which she firmly rejects, he persists, she refuses, Eric comes in and punches him across the room. Xander gets up, says he'd gladly stay & wipe the floor with him, but has important appointment. He leaves, telling Sarah to think about it, as he winks.

Kate comes to see Victor, breaking the news of Xander now working for Titan. Victor has fit, throws insults, as usual. Brady comes in, reveals he did the hiring, tells Kate to get lost, tells Victor the deal he made. Vic is furious, Brady reminds him when he begged him to come back to the company, he was not going to interfere. He leaves, meets up with Xander, Nicole joins them.

Earlier, Nicole was at DiMansion, talking with Stefan about Holly. Chloe came in, Stefan gave them space, Chloe is so sorry, Nicole said she was at funeral home, saw the lovely dress Chloe sent over, rakes Chloe over the coals for not protecting Holly, pulls the dress out of her big purse, throws it at Chloe, keep your dress.

While JJ & Haley are on the run, Jennifer finds Melinda on a park bench with a gun. She is going to Jack's victory party, make him & Eve pay for what they did to Haley. Jen tries to calm her, but Melinda is furious, Haley was her daughter, she wants Jack & Eve dead. Jen sits as Melinda tells her about being Haley's mom, how it happened, how she failed her, and now is going to pay back those who wronged her.

Haley & JJ are in a hotel room, he paid cash so no credit check. They put on TV, learn Jack won, JJ very upset, while Haley is still reeling from learning Melinda is her mom. She tells him of finding a hand knitted baby blanket in a closet as a kid, it always gave her comfort, then she heard Mom say she did not know how to knit. When she was living with Melinda she found a couple other baby blankets there, Melinda said knitting helped her relax. Haley talks of how much she relied on that blanket, always felt so alone. The show goes back and forth between Jennifer convincing Melinda to abandon her plan, and JJ/Haley talking of his father not remembering him, her mother wanting to forget her.

Jen convinces Melinda the person who hurt Haley the most was Melinda herself, give Jen the gun, and be her mother now. Start by being her lawyer (they get word of JJ/Haley on the run).

Brady has the contract for Xander, wants the recording, plus give Nik a divorce. Papers are there. Xander refuses, but then caves, signs, and gets promise of suite at Kmansion. He takes off, Nicole thanks Brady, embraces him, Eric & Sarah come along. Eric wants to talk, Nicole refuses, has said all she will ever say to him, she leaves, thanking Brady. Sarah is sorry, she once again could not keep her mouth shut, her phone beeps, she has to go. Brady says give her time, Nicole will come around.

Kate jabbers with Victor about Xander, Vic won't tell her why, tells her to keep an eye on him, (she makes a crack about his body spray's horrible odor) but throws a few more insults about Xander out there, as Xander comes in. He sits down, figures Victor doesn't like the idea of him having the position, but promises he will prove himself way better than Brady is at being CEO. He leaves.

Chloe is holding the dress, crying, Stefan comes in, comforts her, tells her how he always wanted to be a family with Chloe, Parker & Holly, and still has that dream. He promises to take care of her & Holly as long as she permits.

Nicole is in her room, pulling foil off bottle of champagne. Knock, knock. She opens door to find Xander. She asks what he is doing there, he says she got her recording, and her divorce, she can be civil. He pops open the champagne, she says he is at least good for something. He says she did get all she wanted, courtesy of him. She replies, yes, everything went according to my plan.

Haley and JJ running off is just ridiculous. It's just weird too how now suddenly they are just deeply in love.

Eric comes to Sarah's rescue. Good lord, tell Nicole good-bye and boink your brother's fiancee . . . again. Tired of them. Tired of Eric always always being negative. Nothing is ever good in his life. Nothing. Never. Gets old.

Nicole's hatred is getting old too. But what now with her and Xander? So has all this Holly grief been one big act? Why on earth would she do this. Is it really Nicole? If not why still would they do this? Death of a 3 year old is entertaining? Not so much.

Jen and Melinda scenes were good. Especially when Jen said Melinda is the one that has hurt Haley the most.

The power of positive thinking: People say insulting things to Xander all the time (today, Victor called him a "worthless maggot") and even make unkind remarks about his body spray. Nevertheless, the X-man shrugs off their slings and arrows, usually maintaining a positive attitude, even telling big-mouth Sarah that he's a "catch." Whatever Xander is using, Eric could use a little of it. His perpetually gloomy and/or scowling face is a real downer.

Poor manners: Today, Nicole had the nerve to insulte Stefano right in the DiMansion living room and the proceeded to dump all over the hapless, helpless Chloe yet again. Even the man she loved to hate, Stefano, had more tact than this.

Good idea?: Melinda wanted to shoot Jack and Eve at their victory party. In one sense, why not? After all, in Salem, people get shot at their weddings. And if Melinda had shot Jack in the head, Kayla could performed miracle surgery that would have both saved his life and restored his memory.

Wardrobe choices: Today, Kate was dressed in a zebra-style coat. She should really should pick out clothes that match her personality, such a something with a rattlesnake theme..

Thanks, Poirot.

DrBakerFan, I thought Kate's coat looked like a zebra too.

Jen should have let Melinda kill Jack and Eve...Maybe Jen will do a story about
what Melinda did when she was younger and get the voters mad at Jack.

I laughed when people talked about Xander's body spray. Why would a man like
him use that? :)

So, Nicole has the tape. Will it be destroyed or is there another reason why she has it?

I don't believe the story Stefan told Nicole that Holly thought Stefano was Santa Claus.
Holly is smarter than that.

I am shocked with Melinda but most of us called it, me included. As for Xander, I want to be his body spray lol. It almost seems like Victor and Kate may get back together like back in the early 1990s.

Hard to even take a guess at what is going on, as the show seems to go off in 17 different directions with every storyline. If that is the intent, it is not working as far as holding interest, inasmuch as things drag on too long. It doesn't help when long time fav characters are ruined in name of "story".

Do I believe Stefan really wants a nice, cozy family with Chloe? Not for a second. Falling into bed and lust with Gabi every time she blinks negates that thought. Do I think Victor's hiring of Kate despite the awful things she has done to him and Titan is for the good of Titan? Nope. Vic is allowing Kate much too much interference in what should be his private life, & has tolerated her insulting comments to Maggie and other family members. In addition, he has not supported his wife at all.
And if Gabi detested Stefan as much as she has claimed, could she honestly be having as much sex with him as she has?
And while a great many Salemites have been guilty of doing stupid things, it is hard to believe Jack won that election! His entire campaign was one item. We have an illegal immigrant in our town. Nothing about education, health care, street repairs, veterans' benefits, police/fire protection, teachers, schools, utilities...just concentrate on a female nurse with no criminal record.

Sure hope those absentee ballots get counted.

I just now watched. I almost had to laugh when Sarah asked why she couldn't just keep her big mouth shut. Many of us have been wondering that for a long time!

Poirot, I agree with all you said. Everything is out of whack and not in a way to makes for good viewing. One positive point for me though, was that today Stefan finally quit smiling. The quirky little grin he'd had ever since the actor came on the show, was a constant irritant to me--much the same as how Will used to do that before the actor left the show for a while. Stefan still is creepy to me though. I don't trust him for a minute. I'm guessing maybe he really does want a family but he is so amoral, he doesn't see a moral conflict between having that and having a fling elsewhere at the same time. He only is concerned with not getting caught.

It's been a boring few weeks.

I really don't think this is Nicole. My guess is it's Kristen in a Nicole mask hence why she keeps gravitating to Brady.

I really liked Jennifer and Melinda. They each could use a friend right about now so I'm all for it. Imagine a new book club episode with Melinda taking the place of Nicole.

I'm also not opposed to Melinda and Abe but it looks like the show is trying to chemistry test Kayla and Abe again. Been there done that.

Whomever decided that Eric/Sarah, JJ/Haley and Eve/Jack should be the lead couples on this show for weeks at a time should be fired.

Thanks for the summary!

Stefan still is creepy to me though. I don't trust him for a minute. I'm guessing maybe he really does want a family but he is so amoral, he doesn't see a moral conflict between having that and having a fling elsewhere at the same time. He only is concerned with not getting caught.
He is playing the game - "I want it AND I want it NOW!"

Back