Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 20, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 20, 2016

It is a dark and stormy night, complete with thunder crashing, lightning flashing, the Salem natives are restless, the scenes are short, tempers flare, as despite all the rain coming down, some of those who are out and about don't seem to get wet. Just walkin' in the rain....(that is an old hit song)

Deimos & Nicole are doing some passionate kissing, about to disrobe at the piano, but she sees his scar, asks about it, Deimos hesitates answering, goes to the window, then says it was his brother's attempt to brand him. He likes to engage in blood letting. They get into a rather serious conversation about a few things, Deimos realizing she is pretty smart, Nicole warning him that in marrying Kate, he perhaps needs a food taster, relating how Kate tried to kill Victor at one time, plus tried to poison her best friend, Chloe. More intense conversation, with Deimos even asking Nik what she would do if he asked her to marry him. She figures it would be a test, in which however she answered, it would be wrong. He admires her smarts.

Most homes are rather dark, though they have not lost electricity. Rafe is making himself a sandwich in the kitchen, Mami comes down, comments about him foraging for himself, mentions Kayla offering her a job as a nurse. Rafe sees the black roses, questions her what these mean?

Eduardo is in his hotel room, gets a couple of texts from whoever sent the roses, asking if he saw his gift. Eduardo texts back to stop being a coward, show himself. In good time is the reply. Knock, Knock. Eduardo grabs a baseball bat (doesn't every hotel room come supplied with one?) stands as far away from the door as he can, opens it, ready to swing, but it is Rafe. (gee, not even a little bit wet) He questions about the rose sender, Eduardo doesn't know, but says if the person wanted to hard him or anyone in the family, it would already be done. Assassins do not announce themselves. Yeah, you would, replies Rafe.

Philip comes to see Belle, has the contract for their business venture, (the record company which Belle is financing) they have a few words, but Belle signs it, will wire the money when she gets the final deal. Claire pops out, is excited as she shows Phil all the hits she got for her song on this one site. He downplays it, says she needs more coaching, etc. Claire goes out, Belle is angry, telling Phil he should not take out their problems on her daughter.

Belle is arguing with Clair, the hearing is tomorrow, she is scolding about spraying that car, tells her there is going to be consequences at home...noting she will not be getting that new car for graduation. Claire says fine, your rules for living here, am moving in with Claire. Later, Claire calls her dad, who is at the cop shop, tells him she is moving, won't say where, lets him know she is ticked off about retracting the promise of a car. She hangs up, he calls Belle, we need to talk now. Belle comes to the office, wearing a red sleeveless dress, and yep, she is not wet, not at all. LOL Shawn is ticked off that they were supposed to tell Claire together about the car, and Belle jumped the gun. She tells him to deal with Claire all by himself now, since he thinks she is doing so badly.

Chad sits at the chess table, having a drink, gets up, pours himself another, looks at the table, and there sits Stefano, asking where is his wife. Chad says she is getting better, Stefano is pretty nasty about her "going mad", Chad insists that is not so, she had terrible experience. Stefano talks of Chad's son, having to protect him, and holds up a chess piece, saying sometimes you have to sacrifice in order to protect. Chad is yelling, never, never, I won't ever sacrifice my wife. He wakes up with a start.

We see Ciara come in, she couldn't sleep, rain coming down so hard. She had weird dream, it was about Chad, he says not to worry, she is safe there, he will keep her safe, taking her hand.... they are kissing, she wakes with a start, goes to the study, tells Chad the thunder did not wake Thomas up.
They get to talking, he asks if she plays chess, no, but there is an app for it on her phone. Nope, he will teach her, they sit down and play a game. She keeps checking the app, to see if all he is saying is correct. Yep. And yes, he wins. Checkmate. She teases she will practice and be better the next time, starts to leave, tells him that she knows there is a lot going on, but he really is a great guy, giving him a peck on the cheek, as she rushes out. He looks a bit perplexed.

Hope sits in her dark room, decides to go out, grabs her coat. Aiden is doing the same in his room. Hope gets to the private park area, which must be a gazebo, because although she is very wet, it is not raining on her while she sits on the bench. Aiden arrives, has an umbrella, closes it, notices Hope. Gee, he doesn't get wet either, as he sits down next to her. Awkward conversation. Both had earlier remembered bad times.....him being in the cage, her being attacked and nearly strangled. There is some small talk, Aiden knowing he should give her space, and some time, blah, blah. Aiden chattering on and on about what kept him going all that time, was the thought he would see her again. She says he should not have come back there, she has to go. He suddenly kisses her, just as Rafe comes around the corner, stands in the arch, as he sees them.

Shawn comes into the bar, where Belle has been downing martinis & has just asked for another, promising she won't drive home. Brady apologizes to her, should not have come down on her like that, offers to give her a ride home. She staggers a bit, they leave. At the door to the townhouse, she cannot get the key in the lock (still in the dress, no coat, still dry, lol) he offers to help, and is getting the key into the lock. She turns, their faces are close, she kisses him, turns all the way round, arms around him, big kiss.

Back at the Kmansion, Nicole figures her clothes must be dry by now, Deimos will go get them. She walks around the room a bit, finds the folded pic of Helena, is looking at it. Behind her, Kate appears in the doorway, (gee, she, too has managed to avoid raindrops). She sees Nicole in the robe, leans against the door way, finally asking, What the hell do you think you are doing?

It's funny when Hope and Aiden are in the park and she says "it's really coming down now", yet they are completely dry. You can see there's either some sort of "rain screen" in front of the camera or it's a special effect added after the fact.

You know, it is one thing to be just raining. But they had thunder, lightning, people saying it was raining so hard, constant flashes thru the windows, etc. That was great! But then, why is everyone dry. Why has the humidity not had some of the hair going into a droop.

And please........who goes out in thunder and lightning purposely into an area with lots of trees? Yes, lightning does strike those, and people get killed.

And then, who goes out without a coat/jacket, etc. into the rain? Well at least Hope donned a raincoat before she left the house, and at least LOOKED soaked as she arrived at the bench.

Oh Lordy, I wanted to knocked the ever loving snot out of Claire. What a self-absorbed greedy little twit! She definitely gets the self-absorbed part from her mother.

I cringed when Deimos kissed Nicole and Aiden kissed Hope. :sick: I just wanted to hug poor Rafe when he came upon Aiden and Hope. (I really don't need an excuse to do that. :) )

Glad Nicole got out of that one. But I hate to say I am sure she is going to fall for him.

Maybe it's just because I like Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) so much but I think is Aiden is due a lot more sympathy than Hope is giving him. Seemed she was gonna but then got mean. I thought it was mean that she said he never should have come back. Well, then I guess Bo never should have come back.

I wonder what the actors think of Ciara and Chad kissing if only in her dreams. But I would think Billy Flynn (Chad) is a little creeped out cause the Ciara actress is young isn't she?

I really liked that Nicole refused to "go upstairs", saying you want me to be your mistress? He replies he doesn't have mistresses........and then they talked of his persona in prison, and his real persona now...interesting conversation.

Hope telling Aiden he should not have come back was not all that mean. He told her he was brought to Salem to purposely seduce her, make her forget about Bo. He did so without her realizing he was not sincere.......so how can she trust him, no matter if she really does still love him? She moved on, Rafe has been like a rock for her, she has been happy. And now her life is upside down again.

Billy Flynn (Chad) has not said anything so far on public media about the kissing scene, so hopefully, Ciara will move back home.

And please........who goes out in thunder and lightning purposely into an area with lots of trees? Yes, lightning does strike those, and people get killed.
Perhaps, in addition to never having to pay their bills and pay for their crimes, Salemites are also immune from lightning strikes. This would explain the irresistible urge to take a stroll in the middle of a thunderstorm.
Oh Lordy, I wanted to knocked the ever loving snot out of Claire. What a self-absorbed greedy little twit! She definitely gets the self-absorbed part from her mother.
OMG, yes. In a town full of rude, obnoxious teens, Teen Claire wins first prize. Hopefully, the ruthless nature of the music world is portrayed realistically enough to teach some humility to the YouTube prima donna and Julliard reject. Of course, her mother, Belle, doesn't set much of an example. Dumped by Shaggy Phil, she has a few too many and then comes on to the husband that she kicked to the curb. Finally, it was good to see Joseph Mascolo as Stefano even if he was only haunting Chad's dreams. Chad should probably keep such dreams to himself lest certain Salemites start fearing that they are a prelude to yet another instance of the Phoenix rising. :eek:

Last edited:
Was it my DVR or was the soundtrack off today, like they edited something and didn't match up the sound with the video?

Don't tell Roman about all the kissing on today's show :)

I hope Ciara won't get any ideas about Chad after the dream she had.

Interesting to hear Nicole tell Deimos about getting a food taster since
Kate poisons people.

I wondered too if there was an overhang where Aiden and Hope were
sitting. Maybe in Salem it rains on plants and trees instead of people.

Thanks for the summary. I didn't get a chance to watch today, but seems I didn't miss much. Not into seeing the kissing between Nicole & Deimos OR Ciara-Chad, even if it was just a dream. Also don't like that Shawn-D is kissing Belle while he's dating Lani, or Rafe being jealous and pining after Hope. Dumb!

The Nicole & Deimos scenes sound interesting otherwise, though. And I love that for once, even if it isn't sincere, Kate is getting her comeuppance and Nicole seems to be put first by a dude.

Would've loved to see more of Mami and Eduardo.

Glad we got some Shawn and Belle scenes. These 2 still have great chemistry. I'm willing to suspend belief if it fixes this couple. At least they were upset about Claire moving to the DiMansion unlike Claire's grandmother.

Really not liking the Nicole-Deimos stuff though I think the actors look great together. Just don't like the direction.

Who sits out on a park bench in the rain? At least HTS is covered since we saw Kate and Dario dining yesterday.

Hope telling Aiden he should not have come back was not all that mean. He told her he was brought to Salem to purposely seduce her, make her forget about Bo. He did so without her realizing he was not sincere.......so how can she trust him, no matter if she really does still love him? She moved on, Rafe has been like a rock for her, she has been happy. And now her life is upside down again.

I guess I'm just bitter that the writers absolutely trashed Aiden to accommodate Bo's return. I really liked Aiden and Hope together. When I started watching Days Bo was with Billie so I'm not on the Bo and Hope forever team. And I don't like Hope and Rafe. We will have to wait and see what they have planned.

Same for me......When I began watching, Bo was with Billie.no Hope on the show at all. So am not invested with them at all. IT IS A SHAME THAT Aiden had to be sacrificed in order to have closure to Bo's story. Really wish writers themselves would explain the "why" they figure to play out some stories in a way that is upsetting to so many

Hilarious that Hope/Aiden just happen to meet at benchie in the dark rain, and putting a cherry on the top, here comes Rafe! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I think that Rafe is showing too much obsessiveness/infatuation for a guy who has not yet sealed the deal. And, I thought both of these schoolboys were going to give Hope some space?

Chad clueless re Ciara's intentions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Who was the evil person that did something to disfigure Nicole's best friend Chloe when she was hospitalized? :rolleyes:

It seemed to take an awfully long time for Kate to return to the Kiriakis mansion. I was loudly urging her haste!

It's kind of fun to try to guess just who is knocking on a given Salem door! :drunk:

It was very kind of Shawn to offer to drive the drunken Belle home. "It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!" :rolleyes:

Back