Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 17, 2023

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Square - Chad calls Gwen (who's in Alamainia by a brick wall and a fountain) and asks for a favor. She immediately detects that he's being overly nice to her. What she did to his family is personal, this is business. He knows she's been having trouble laying her hands on the von Leuschner fortune, and wants to give her cash for her half of the Spectator.She figures out that Xander already turned Chad down. She's not ready to part with her share since she had to stab her father in the back to get it. Chad tries to spin the "honoring Abigail's legacy" angle, but also fesses up about Everett Lynch and his relationships to Stephanie.

Pub - Stephanie (who's giving off Toddler Mel vibes with an un-asked-for pout) and Everett recap his coma, Alex, Chad, etc. He wonders why she dumped a catch like Alex? She talks about his being a player, jealousy, and other stuff (sorry I think I lapsed into a coma). Everett and Stephanie were more serious than Alex and Stephanie, so Everett reasons Chad will be much more threatened by Everett than he was/is by Alex. Everett recaps the untenable, sudden, and yet somehow glacially slow Chad/Stephanie/Abby story. Everett accuses her of doing all the compromise in this relationship. She claims he's wrong.

Titan Offices - Alex is talking tough on the phone about rebooting Bella magazine. Brady enters, wants to accept Alex's offer to bring Basic Black to Titan. They recap Alex's temporary firing. Alex warns Brady that Jeannie T will be heading Bella magazine. Brady isn't scared, but warns Alex about trusting Jeannie T.

Kmansion - Konstantin orders Jeannie T (Theresa) to kidnap Sarah Horton's baby. The plot, such as it is, is to use this kidnapping somehow to win over Sarah, and thus Maggie.

Hospital Nurses Station - Xander is angry about Brady testifying against him in "today's" custody suit. They recap some of Xander's bad acts, like "his" decision to switch babies (Rachel/Mickey).

Kmansion - Maggie walks in on Jeannie T taking Victoria. (Maggie can't see Jeannie's face.) Konstantin is on the floor with a crowbar on the floor next to him and a wound on his head. Jeannie T escapes. "Someone took my granddaughter!" Maggie screeches. Konstantin plays it up, limps out to catch the perpetrator. Maggie calls Sarah (see below).

Hospital Nurses Station - More smug Sarah recounting Xander's acts. (Since many of these - like kidnapping Nicole & Holly - were before she willingly conceived a child with him, one would think it would weigh against her too?) She gets Maggie's call and accuses Xander of the kidnapping. She thinks he's trying to make her look unfit. He talks her down and they race out together.

Alamainia - Gwen says she would have said, "No," yesterday, but after reading Everett's piece on Leo and Dimitri, she's ready to sell. Make me a non-insulting offer, Chad.

Pub - Stephanie tells Everett that he's only heard the bad when she vents. Chad has entered and wants to know what she's venting about? Everett glows about her. Stephanie oohs about Everett. Chad smirks. Then they talk about Leo and Stephanie's great advice and how Everett is stealing Stephanie from Chad...professionally. More Chad smirks.

Kmansion - Sarah and Xander enter. Maggie says she only left for a moment to put flowers on Victor's mausoleum. Sarah cries on Xander's chest.

Titan Offices - More blah blah between "true Kiriakis heir" Alex and Brady about Jeannie T.

Private Brick Area that's not Alamainia - Jeannie T is trying to comfort Victoria. She talks about clouds. Konstantin runs up. (He's got a gash on his head.) He wants the baby. Jeannie T hesitates, tells Victoria this man is trying to get grandma's money, and hands the baby over. Konstantin orders Jeannie T to punch him in the face.

Titan Offices - More blah blah between Alex and Brady about the evils of Jeannie T, who enters and wonders why she's being discussed. Alex delivers the Basic Black news to Jeannie T, who's thrilled to be working with Brady. Alex and Brady leave. Jeannie T worries about the baby.

Kmansion - Sarah is weeping, Xander is vowing revenge, Maggie is fretting about the police's tardiness. Konstantin enters and hands Victoria to Sarah. Later, Xander has spoken to the police, they will be over to take Konstantin's statement. Konstantin doesn't think he'll be much help, advises Maggie to beef up security, and will allow Maggie to tend his wounds. Xander and Sarah are so very grateful to Konstantin. Sarah, holding Victoria, hugs Konstantin, allowing him a smug take to the camera (somehow Xander, behind Sarah, does not notice this?).

Pub - Chad admits that he reacted poorly to the news that Stephanie and Everett are working together. He thinks Everett will be a real asset to the Spectator. He says the paper is important to his family. He wants boundaries set. He and Everett shake hands.

Titan Offices - Jeannie T calls Konstantin and leaves an incriminating voicemail. (How is she the daughter of Shane Donovan?) Brady overhears.

Kmansion Upstairs - Maggie tends Konstantin's wounds, thanks him for saving her granddaughter. She calls him an angel. He jams their faces together.

Kmansion Downtairs - Sarah and Xander were so worried. He gets a text from Sloan about the hearing. Sarah wants another postponement, there's no other way. Xander offers a solution - he'll drop the case. END

Why is Stephanie so dense? Why doesn't she listen to Everett? Chad is the biggest jerk. It is the Chad Show. Why can't she see that? Was nice to see Gwen. If Stephanie doesn't dump Chad when she finds out, then I give up on her.

I loved Sarah & Xander but she is so high and mighty now. Is she going to tell the judge how she ran off with Mackenzie/Rachel and didn't want to give her up?

Seriously Maggie, someone is running off with your granddaughter but you stop to tend to Konstantin? I hope this is resolved very quickly. I don't want Theresa in trouble. I like Theresa, not Gwennie T very much, but I don't want her going down for kidnapping. But Steve & John went to Greece, so he isn't going know. He would never buy a kidnapping. It didn't look like Konstantin got punched very hard.

Would you not think it amazing if an elderly man, laying on the floor, decided to "run" after kidnappers, managed to catch, overpower, retrieve a kidnapped baby, and bring it back? So how did he overpower the much younger kidnapper? How was he able to just take the baby? And the kidnappers had quite a head start! Guess no car, since this seemed to be all on foot. Such a shame Steve is in Greece, he'd already have the answers.

So, since this seems to be such a botched, ill thought out plot, will assume that is what the writers intended. Konstantin wanted to ingratiate himself, not only with Maggie, but especially with Sarah, so spur of the moment idea.

Would you not think it amazing if an elderly man, laying on the floor, decided to "run" after kidnappers, managed to catch, overpower, retrieve a kidnapped baby, and bring it back?
That ranks right up there with Jennifer having her heart removed, then reinserted, and a week later, be-bopping around the hospital in full hair and makeup, pushing baby Parker in his carriage so Daniel and Chloe could have privacy to talk about something. :rolleyes:

I have little sympathy for Stephanie since she annoyed me so much when Alex was correct about Chad being all up in her business while they were dating. Alex was actually reasonable in his concerns but she's such a non-adult that now she's with the guy that really is a creep. I'd sort of love Alex pointing out that Chad's behavior before was the beginning of this jerky nonsense but I know they didn't write it to be that way. I also don't think Stephanie is interesting enough to have all of these guys wanting her.

How long do we think until Abigail returns? After Theresa leaves so Emily O'Brien can take over?

Thanks, Jason.

Konstantin isn't a hero. He's scum. And he kissed Maggie. I hope she slaps him.

Hopefully, Steve and John will find a lot of dirt on Konstantin.

Too bad doll-in-blanket can't tell everyone what really happened :)

How much did Brady hear when Theresa left a message on Konstantin's phone?

It didn't take long for Sarah to accuse Xander of kidnapping Victoria when she got the phone call.

I enjoyed Xander and Sarah. He was tender with her when they got to the mansion. Can they work things
out on their own without going to court?

As a plotter, Konstantin is strictly second-rate. If Stefano had watched today’s episode, he’s have been laughing at the simpleminded stupidity of it his scheming.

Watching men compete for Stephanie has become tiresome. Have any of the lovesick fools who are pursing her asked themselves why?

Finally, “Everett” can go back where he came from. The most interesting thing he could do is to accompany Julie on a visit to Nick’s grave.

To be fair, if Abby had lived, they probably would have divorced last December and just be remarrying now, so he's probably down in the dumps.

Stephanie was acting like a toddler today and it irked me a lot.

I'd rather follow Gwen's adventures in Alamainia and Dimitri on the sub than hear Maggie screech one more second. I know she's a classic heroine, but I'd rather see her in the Alice role she held pre-eggbaby than as the matron of the Kmanse.

Konstantin appears out of nowhere, claiming to be old friend of Victor's, from Greece. Yet Vic never spoke of him to anyone?

However Konstantin is very upset over not being left anything in Victor's will........Why?

While Victor has been involved in many shady shenanigans, what did Konstantin do for Vic, or how was he involved with Victor so much, he feels he was entitled to be in the will?

Per the story from last month or so, Victor needed money, Konstantin or his daddy loaned Victor the money and never paid him back or some such silliness.

More curious is that no one appears to have checked Everett's story. Stephanie was at a PR firm in Seattle and that's where Everett was injured. An unnamed person, a John Doe, you'd think someone tied to news for her business would actually have heard this news. So far fetched.

I thought Victor tried or offered to repay Konstantin, but he or his family said "forget it" or something like that??

Agree about no one YET double checking Everett's lame story..........however, not all Salemites have heard this "excuse" so far.

More curious is that no one appears to have checked Everett's story. Stephanie was at a PR firm in Seattle and that's where Everett was injured. An unnamed person, a John Doe, you'd think someone tied to news for her business would actually have heard this news. So far fetched.
I hope Everett and John meet. They'll have a lot in common with the comas and amnesia and all. :rolleyes:

Back