Days of Our Lives - Fri., ., Nov. 2, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 2, 2018

Bonnie & Lucas are making out on the sofa, she is moaning in happiness, wondering if they made another baby together, Lucas saying if not, we can always try again. Yep, a dream, she is clutching a pillow, kissing it, Mimi comes in, wakes her up, more arguments about Mimi’s baby and the scam. Bonnie wants to go out to dinner (my CC said din din, ugh) no money, Mimi will pay, they leave.

Sami sits talking to the mystery patient, droning on about things that happened with the kids, their previous life, how great a big brother Johnny is, yada, yada. Kate comes in, they are pretty friendly, Sami still waiting for DNA results. Kate wants to “look under the hood:”, she has seen it before, tis a nonsense conversation.

Chloe is anxiously awaiting results for the DNA test she requested, pestering Kayla, who asks a few questions, causing Chloe to have to admit all her suspicions about Mimi actually being the baby’s mom. They go back and forth, Kayla says she won’t do this without Mimi’s permission. Chloe maintains Bonnie already told her to take all the tests she wanted to, and this could prove she is lying. She notes Mimi & Bonnie daughter and mother, so that could be why the test showed what it did, and why Chloe wants different markers checked. She also says she cannot imagine who the father would be, as it certainly is not Lucas.

Over to Rex & Sarah, getting all gussied up for the engagement party, both think the other looks wonderful, mushy talk ensues.

Lucas walks thru square with the buggy, Belle & Shawn are there, he says brief hello, she calls him back, he is cold and aloof. She tries to say she means him no harm, took the case, Mimi old friend, blah, blah. Lucas doesn’t care, Bonnie lousy mother, he can’t believe Belle would want to take his daughter away from him. Shawn defends his wife as a good lawyer, fair, Lucas takes off. Shawn wants to know what is going on, Belle only says Mimi told her some stuff in confidence.

Roman & Maggie are readying the club, engaging in small talk, about their kids, the engagement, just ho hum stuff. Bonnie & Mimi arrive at club, Bonnie wanting huge juicy steak, club closed, private party. Of course Rex & Sarah arrive, Rex surprised to see Mimi, awkward, intros, and kind Sarah, hearing of their disappointment over club being closed, invites them to the party. Mimi says no, Bonnie says they would be delighted. Inside, Mimi chastises Bonnie, while Rex fills Sarah in on Mimi being an ex, years ago, but still wishes she had not invited them. Also tells of Bonnie/Lucas/baby.

At the club, Kate is making a fuss over the baby, Lucas watches, she wonders where Chloe is. Rex & Sarah come over, Rex goo goos, shows Sarah the baby.

Sami goes out to pester Kayla about the DNA results, sees Chloe. Gives her a hard time about maybe breaking Lucas’s heart. Chloe assures her if his heart gets broken, won’t be because of her. Sami returns to the room, more jabbering to the mummy, Belle arrives, Sami is cold, doesn’t want her there, or need her, Belle is kind and sympathetic, well what do you need. Sami breaks down, just for him to get well, I miss him so much. Belle holds her, gives her a tissue for her tears. Sami relates how she got the doll from Susan for the hair, etc.

Kayla comes in, has the DNA results, has not looked (HUH??) hands them to Sami, leaves. Sami is nervous, Belle watches.

Over at the sparsely attended party, Maggie wants to offer a toast. Kate hands out apple juice to Lucas, offer one to Bonnie who declines. She toasts Rex & Sarah, bringing the families together, so much love, etc. Then Rex offers a toast, first to Sarah, telling how much he loves her, lists the reasons, then to his brother Lucas, going on and on about him and the baby. Chloe comes in, DNA results envelope in her hand.

Last edited:
That party........Maggie, Roman, Kate, Lucas, Rex & Sarah. Why such a big club for that small number of people. Bonnie & Mimi were very last minute. Isn't Shawn also Rex's brother? Why wasn't he invited, since it was small & family only?
So much small talk today. So, November sweeps, a Friday, it is Monday before DNA results are revealed.

Isn't Shawn also Rex's brother?
No. Shawn's parents are Bo and Hope. Rex's parents are Roman and Kate. So Shawn and Rex would be cousins since Bo and Roman are (half) brothers.

Rex's siblings are Cassie (his twin), Carrie, Sami and Eric (via Roman) and Austin, Billie, Lucas and Philip (via Kate).

Rex's half sister (Carrie) is married to his half brother (Austin). And his other half sister (Sami) was married to his other half brother (Lucas). Nice. :rolleyes:

Bonnie wants to go out to dinner (my CC said din din, ugh) no money
Bonnie really did say "din din" to Mimi.

It's funny when Bonnie realizes Sarah is Mickey's daughter and says she looks just like him, then Sarah points out he wasn't her biological father.

I liked when Mimi mentioned Bonnie knocking over the Horton tree with her giant ornament the one year.

According to Roman, when he and Marlena lived next to Tom and Alice, little Sarah used to come over and ask to play with the twins, promising not to fight, but they always did. Sarah says Sami used to pull the heads off all her dolls (while Kate mutters that she's still doing it).

The history mentions didn't help this episode, which, while not dreadful, wasn't that exciting for a Friday sweeps cliffhanger.

Kate insulted Bonnie's virginity? Groan.

I'm not liking Sarah. Then again, I don't think I'm supposed to, since apparently I should be swooning for Rex, Mimi, and their little unplanned package representative of their "true" wuv.

I'm glad they found a plausible way for Chloe to get more testing done. If Kayla had bent the rules, I'd be asking for a Carly return. LOL

Me, too. I just thought it a really dumb excuse for a party, with so few there.
Those were my thoughts exactly. Doug's Place either must be doing so well that it can afford to lose a night's business for such a small party, or like many other Salem establishments, its not a real business at all. It's just run as a hobby by Julie and Chloe. As for other characters:

Kayla: This long-suffering woman is a true Salemite. Choe had no standing to ask for a DNA test and Kayla knows it, but what the heck, let's run it anyway.

Sami: If she wants to get some reaction from Mummy EJ, she needs more lively topics than heartwarming stories about Little Johnny. Instead, the blonde screecher should have reminisced about the infamous hate boink, the start of their grotesque rapemance, how she once shot a passed-out EJ in the head, when Will shot EJ off the altar, or the fun time when she gave away EJ's favorite race car as punishment for his cheap affair with Abigail.

Belle: She talks way too much to third parties about her cases. Anyone who asks about the Lucas-Bonnie legal fracas, should be given a firm "no comment." Even bumbling Justin would be thinking: "Belle, just put a sock in it."

I just shake my head. Sarah would have been around LONG before Rex and Cassie. It's impossible to make sens of any of the generations. Roman was a good 30 in 1963---55 years ago, so he should be about 85 . Too bad we can't all stay young like these guys!!

Sarah was born in December of 1981. Cassie and Rex appeared in Salem in 2002 and they were approximately 16-17 years old, so they'd have been born in 1985/1986, which means he's only about 4-5 years younger than Sarah (in real years). In real life, the actress playing Sarah is only 30, while Kyle Lowder (Rex) is 38. But after a soap kid turns 18, ages are fluid.

Roman was in his 30's when he first came on the show in 1981. Wayne Northrop (original recipe Roman) is 71 in real life, and Josh Taylor (current Roman) is 75. Not sure where you're getting that Roman was 30 in 1963.

Perhaps we'll soon learn that the DiMeras locked Sarah in a Nashville cryonics lab and kept her there, but when Big Daddy Stefano died, the funds dried up and the technicians just let everyone out. (I should revive my "Soap Ages" thread and see if it still holds up.)

Meanwhile I wonder if they even tried to invite (Skype party anyone?) Sarah's brother Mike, sister Melissa, sister Noel, or locals like cousin Jennifer or Hope?

It also bugged me that Roman said that Lucas was related to the bride, but fill out the groom's side...he's also related to the groom...and more closely!

Thanks, Poirot.

It was funny when Kate wanted to check mystery's man equipment.

I wonder if Kayla was worried about a lawsuit since she ran the Mimi's DNA
when she first said she couldn't.

Kayla is probably right, Lucas won't be happy when he finds out Chloe did
it behind his back.

Great seeing Shawn today.

It's going to be interesting Monday when the envelopes are opened.

It was funny when Kate wanted to check mystery's man equipment.
I laughed, too, because I can't believe they brought up that smoochy-mummy slept with Kate...I thought we were ignoring everyone else but the golden couple! Then I remembered that Sami couldn't tell that Fake Rafe...well, let's not go there.

Meanwhile, Lucas should be happy that the man who raped his fiancée and terrorized his daughter is probably dead or near it if he's alive. And also meanwhile, Sami getting protective/defensive over Lucas while she laments the mummy...I have no words.
I wonder if Kayla was worried about a lawsuit since she ran the Mimi's DNA
when she first said she couldn't.
Chloe's right, Bonnie (the alleged mother) did say 'run all the tests you want'. It's at the very least not the worst ethical violation ever committed at Salem U Hospital.

I cannot understand why everyone with a "shocking announcement" on this show needs to make their announcement to a large gathering, rather than discreetly breaking their news to those intimately involved with the situation. Come on...overkill much? There could be plenty of drama, angst, good conversation, rage, etc. within a small group, and maybe more articulate and interesting. Who needs more eye rolls from Kate? And why embarrass Lucas?

Found this thread while I was watching 2011 episodes (started binge watching Days back in March starting with 90s), and thank god I did because that was the year I started getting frustrated with the writing,but the summaries here and the funny/insightful comments have made it somewhat enjoyable.

Man I miss when the actor who plays Rex played Brady. Can he and Eric Martsolf (Brady) swap roles. I miss the personality that the character of Brady had back then and the way he said ” grandfatherrrr”.

I despise EJ , but If this really is a EJ recast and Sami leaves town with him, it really will be a slap in the face of all Sami fans, EJ and Sami fans included. It really would be the most desperate move yet.

For me, there has never been a character who was bigger than the show. Not Marlena, John, Stefano or Alice Horton. EJ is truly bigger than the show. Sami has returned 3 years in a row with the same storyline that ends in a dead end. EJ has been dead for 4 years, yet an entire storyline revolves around him every year ( the same storyline)

Even when he was on the show, the character hogged up the airtime by being put in storylines he had no business. Whether he was lawyer, drug lord, kidnapper, rapist or “Mayor“ they found a way to fit him in. Just give it up. Goodness gracious. I feel like every year they beg and plead for James Scott (EJ) and when it doesn’t happen, they send Sami packing. It’s bad for the fans, the actress and the character.

Hearing Sami talk about Johnny being a good big brother makes me sad. I miss those kids. Bring them back somehow, someway (especially Allie). They have ruined Sami and have no intention on fixing her as we’ve seen and the kids were some of my favorite characters after Sami and Lucas

Last edited by a moderator:
Back