Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 3, 2023

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Sloan's Apartment - Eric is glad Sloan's home. He has a flashback to his conversation with his mother yesterday. (News flash: Sloan has learned how to use an extra facial expression.) Eric wants to marry today. She's surprised. Eric flashes back to a conversation with Nicole about how Nicole loves EJ. Sloan and Eric engage tongues.

DiMansion Bedroom - Stefan and Gabi are toasting their success. EJ barges in and they explain their majority. EJ thinks Stefan is a disgrace and Stefan reminds EJ of his own questionable creation (yes, Stefan mentions the Elvis costume and turkey baster). They bicker for 18 scenes. EJ wishes he had killed Stefan when he had the chance, and vows to end them.

Shin-Dalton-Whatever-Apartment - Li is talking to Marlena on the phone. She was checking on him and thinks they have more to work on. He thinks they're done and he has no feelings for Gabi. He's brandishing a knife. Marlena thinks Li still has intense feelings. After his call, Wendy enters the apartment and asks about the knife. He claims he was cooking. He had left her a worrying message about needing help. He confirms he attended therapy. Later, he's recapped signing over his shares and chews the scenery as he considers his father's reaction. Wendy agrees Wei is a tyrant. She learns about Xiao-Xing and the connection to Gabi. Li now wishes Gabi nothing but pain and misery. She doesn't think Gabi is worth his energy. She plans to cancel her date with Tripp to spend time with Li, but he won't allow it.

DiMansion Living Room - Nicole tells Chad she is waiting to eat until EJ is done setting Gabi and Stefan straight. This allows her to make a gaffe about Chad's bizarre feelings for Stephanie. Their recaps of the Stephanie and shareholder nightmares and losing the "loves of their lives" make me yearn for when they hated each other. Nicole tells Chad that Abby would be OK with his moving on. After Chad leaves, EJ comes in and announces the shareholders meeting Gabi and Stefan have called. The baby kicks.

Square - Everett and Stephanie run into each other. Stephanie learns he's staying in Salem. He's a hotshot reporter from Seattle but Xander offered him a job since Stephanie's cousin Gwen left town. Poor Everett lost his job during his medical maladies. She's surprised he's relocating to the place she claims is her hometown. She has no problem with it and hasn't told her live-in lover about her ex being in town. Not on purpose, she claims. Everett wants to listen to her problems. Later, Everett questions why Chad and Stephanie moved in together given Chad being hung up on his dead wife. Stephanie is willing to fight for what she and Chad have.

Townhouse - Eric stops by to visit Marlena (who knows how long it's been since her call with Li). He wants her to marry him and Sloan. He swears he's not being impulsive despite longing for Nicole as recently as a few hours ago.

Sloan's (is this the same apartment set she's always had?) - Sloan fingers a portrait of her with Eric. Nicole can't stop her wedding (news flash: a fourth facial expression has emerged).

DiMansion, Stefan's Bedroom - Stefan and Gabi are happy. Stefan leaves.

Townhouse - Roman has joined Marlena and Eric. He has forgiven Sloan because she gave his chowder a second chance. Sloan arrives, and Brady is unexpectedly on her heels. He'll spontaneously be Eric's best man. Marlena asks "Sloan Mia Sarah Peterson" if she takes Eric? She does. Marlena asks Eric the same question, he pauses but accepts. They exchange rings. She pronounces them married.

--A FEW HOURS LATER-- [on-screen text]

Townhouse - Roman, Brady, and Marlena toast to Eric once more being a married man.

Sloan's - Sloan and Eric are having their honeymoon on the couch. She questions his love her for her. He says he loves her and they once more engage tongues.

DiMansion living room - EJ still has his hand on Nicole's belly (or is it again?). He gets a message that the coup was successful, he's been ousted. Nicole suggests they put a cork on revenge and sneak off to the secret room for some connubial canoodling.

Square - Stephanie and Everett are still talking. They hug good-bye. Chad walks up (again, hours or minutes? DUH PLOT rolls on).

Square also - Wendy leaves Li a message telling him he's a great guy who has his whole life ahead of him.

Shin-Dalton-who knows Apartment - As Wendy's message plays on our screens, Li is on the floor with a knife wound in his back. There's knocking on the door. Stefan enters without permission and finds a distraught Gabi with a knife in her hand. END

Poor Everett doesn't know no one actually works at the spectator lol. They're too busy with their personal lives.

Eric is being an *bleep* to Sloan. If he doesn't actually love her then he should let her loose but Sloan is just another one who is collateral damage in Eric and Nicole relationship just like Jada was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roman has joined Marlena and Eric. He has forgiven Sloan because she gave his chowder a second chance
Oh thank God. All is right with the world. Sloan will eat the chowder.

Thanks Jason for this fantastic write up.

Last edited:
You don't even have to be ordained. All you need is a notary, or someone with a notary. Once you get one, it's good for like 5 years or something. My hubby has one and has married 2 couples. He got it to marry his best friend, and then someone in the neighborhood needed him to hitch their pregnant daughter. Haha. To do it in a church setting, must be ordained though. But backyard, town square, beach, wherever?Just need the notary stamp.

Also, I'm confused about Stephanie. She always talked about this Everett dude being the love of her life. How she isn't just running to his arms after learning she was wrong about what happened. Just seems odd to me.

To do it in a church setting, must be ordained though. But backyard, town square, beach, wherever?Just need the notary stamp.
All depends what state it is in. Many states need an ordained minister, not just a notary. Also depends on the specific church as to what their particular requirements are (beyond the state mandated requirements).

Bravo, Jason!

Agree with DaysLady about Stephanie's reaction to Everett after he told her about the coma (still to be proven, though). Of course, we all knew Chad would find them in the Square. WHY do people always have private conversations in the Square? Da plot, da plot, right!

I am sure there will be a flashback to fill in the blanks so we can see what happened with Gabi and Li. Why the heck was she even there? That is the first question. Guessing that after a heated argument, he picked up the knife and she overpowered him and stabbed him. Can Stefan save her this time? I am sure she will plead self defense.

Poor Wendy, losing her brother after they started reconnecting. What form will her revenge on Gabi take?

I do want EJ to get back and Stefan and Gabi. I wanted to slap them both today.

Sloan and Eric on the couch, a tight fit. The WRONG fit, too. He only married her today because Nicole married EJ, we all know this.

I'm in the mood for some sliders.

There are A LOT of "pigs in the blanket" in Salem, and I don't mean the food!

The thing is.......Li was stabbed in the back........I don't think a struggle with Gabi would result in her stabbing him in the BACK.....stomach ...sure......
I think stupid Gabi pulled the knife OUT of Li's back, which is why she is holding it when Stefan comes in. If Li was still breathing, she perhaps wanted to help.......however, doing nothing to stem the flow of blood ?????? Seems one would throw down the knife just pulled out, and tend to the wound. However......come Monday, I doubt we will see the scene done the same way.

I think someone mentioned on a thread that EJ may be in on Li's death, I read somewhere that when at the hospital Li whispers in Wendy's ear before his demise. My thought is that EJ and Li are in this together to get back at Gabi and Stefan; Li tells Wendy that on his death bed (he is not really dead); Gabi is framed for the murder, and somehow EJ gets his company back with Li's help. yadda yadda yadda.

Eric is an idiot. When your mom said you really need to think before you commit to Sloan she meant it. But he's married now to the woman that is keeping him from his child. I thought her "wedding" dress looked like a robe.

Did Gabi literally stab Li in the back after figuratively stabbing him in the back? I assume was self defense, he came after her first but why on earth was she there? Did he call her threatening suicide?

Thanks, Jason.

After what Li said yesterday about making Gabi pay, I wondered if he would commit suicide and blame Gabi somehow. I think
that happened before in Salem.

But seeing Li stabbed in the back, then you have to wonder how he committed suicide.

And Gabi should know better if she found the knife on the floor since she's Rafe sister. Wait a minute, he's a Salem cop
and they don't do things correctly either.

Xander gave Everett Gwen's job. Everett got lucky getting a job so fast in Salem. Will he actually work? :)

And Everett just happened to hug Stephanie when Chad shows up. That's the Salem way.

It was funny when Stefan mentioned the turkey baster to EJ.

It looked like Marlena was crying during the ceremony. Were they happy or sad tears?

Nice surprise to see Roman at wedding. Lucky for them Sami wasn't there.

Back