Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 16, 2015

I cannot remember, do we know if Stefano had anything to do with EJ's death?

And now Stefano wants Abby away from Chad? What about that real estate in Ireland?
If that plot point about Ireland was dropped and or forgotten I would not be sad. Besides the mention of Ireland gives me acid reflux thinking about that dreaded Vendetta storyline, which was only the beginning of the very sad series of unfortunate events:sick::sick::eek:

Last edited:
THAT is the Rafe who graced our screens in 2008 and its good to see him back!
th

Rafael Hernandez Columbo totally pulled a vintage Columbo (detective show by the same name) when he was leaving after taking Ben's statement and turned to ask "one last question" as the door was closing. Columbo always did this with the person he thought was the murderer. Hopefully, Rafe's got a clue about the real perpetrator. Really liking Galen Gering as Rafe in this storyline.

It is my fondest hope that after Alison Sweeney (Sami) left the building, the writers and editors left the preponderance of the ZombiEJ story on the cutting room floor. What a slap in the face to the story of Will's death. Tacky is as tacky does, I guess. It just truly irritates me (assuming her statement in SOD was correct and that this was a prerequisite for her to return) that whoever agreed to allow this farce subsequently ruined (for me) a perfectly good week . The story would have been so much better if she'd had an attack of appendicitis on the way home and was hospitalized with a side of gangrene. She's done nothing but treat her family poorly, threaten an old man on oxygen in a wheelchair, try to kill a man in a coma, make Sonny think she agreed with him about his guilt over Will's death, as far as we (the viewers) know, she's spent no time with her grand-daughter or her father, but is now willing to run off and chase after some clue in Zurich for revenge against Stefano . Wonder who will take care of her remaining children while she gads about the world (although they're probably better off without her). Just total garbage.

Didn't it ruin it for me. I couldn't care less about Will. I never could stand him. I pity Sami having a son like him. he was always treating her like dirt. I never talk to my mother the way he talked to her. Yes I was sad for Sami, as she was his mom and of course she loved him, but I don't care about him being bumped off as a former Days viewer.

As for saying Sami treated her family badly, well when did they ever treat her well? It goes both ways. Her mother was always treating her second best behind Carrie and Belle. No wonder she's not interested in their fake pity. She knows it all a act. The only one she wants is EJ, the man that she knew from day one who loved her and cherished her until his so called death. So its not a surprise she was crying today reading his letter she never stopped loving him and if he still alive you bet she want to find him.

edited to add punctuation and for clarity - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: YPG
If Gabi weren't around, then Sonny would just take Ari with him. The custody agreement stated that "if anything happened to both Gabi and Will, Sonny will be Ari's legal guardian". And since Sonny lives in Paris...

Rafe has been mentioned at least twice as being part of that custody agreement.

During the Andre/Stefano chess game, I got the impression that Andre likes Chad's present location/condition.

So I kind of understand Sami. I am not an emotional person but I make impulsive, sometimes rash decisions all of the time, especially when stressed which my daughters are not always a part of though they are always cared for.

The letter did not say EJ was alive, only provided that there was a way to bring the Dimeras down and if I thought a Dimera had killed my first born son after everything else they had put me through, revenge would be the first thing on my mind.

Her young children are being cared for and have an established routine. I think it would be selfish and possibly dangerous to drag them to Salem while Sami is in an emotional state and Stefano is still considered to be a danger in her mind.

She moved to get away from Stefano, so why would she bring the kids right back?

Maybe one of her family members should go off to California with Sami to help her break the news and provide comfort or aide.

I think that Eric provided Sami with sound advice. I think Sami is having a hard time processing Will's death. I think the letter gives her a continuing storyline, with or without the return of EJ, so she can return at a later date.

Marlena has offered to return to CA with Sami to help...She said NO. No one is suggesting she bring the kids to Salem, but that she go back there to CA and take care of them herself. She even said she wanted to tell them about Will in person. Now she wants to rush off to Zurich to get whatever is in the box. Plus, she refuses to talk to her father.

I was not aware of Marlena's offer. I just feel it is not anyone else's place to tell Sami how to parent or grieve. If her children are being cared for, then I see nothing wrong with them being in California or not knowing about Will's death yet.

No one is throwing a fit about Caroline being kept in the dark. Or about Gabi being kept in the dark about her half-sister and father. (Yes I know it has been mentioned but no one is up in arms about how the situations are being handled.) Both of those situations it seems okay to not tell the other party in regards to their mental and physical health. Sami is doing what she deems best for her children and she is the mother so who are we to judge?

Sami left her children in order to return to Salem for the 1 year anniversary of Ej's death. Yes, evidently they are being cared for. She has talked to her children, but has not told them that now their brother is dead, too. She said she wanted to do that in person. Understandable. But she has not stated her intention of not returning home, but going to Zurich. She could go there AFTER returning home to her children.

Caroline is in a fragile health state, her family wants to be sure she will be able to handle the news and not have a setback because of it. What the blazes is wrong with that? As to Gabi, plenty of folks here have noted that Rafe should not keep the information that their father is in town from her. Especially after she saw him, when he picked up Ari's toy for her in the square.
But that is Rafe's personal thing with the father who deserted his family, making young teen Rafe the "man of the house". Never a penny of child support, never a word from him. But yes, am sure Gabi knows how Rafe, and her entire family feels about the man. And it is up to her to decide what she wants to do about him.

Meanwhile, I do hope Sami goes back to her kids first, before she leaves the country. Heck, she has tried to kill a man in a coma, with NO absolute proof he is the person

Fanforlife, I hope that you will always have good thoughts about Sami, EJ, and the children living happily together in a peaceful, safe place.

Thank you for you kind comments I want ......deleted initials.... like Romeo and Juliet that's who Sami and EJ remind me of.

We do not use initials or twitter shortcuts. The object is clarity, so EVERYONE understands...Poirot

That's another thing about this story that makes very little sense to me - WHY did Sami return to Salem for the anniversary of EJ's death? What did she plan to do? I've heard no talk about a 1 year remembrance ceremony, there's no grave to visit, no talk about spreading ashes. Did she take the ashes with her to California? Did she plan to visit the place where he was killed (and if so for what reason) or go to the morgue as a memorial to the last time she fawned all over him? I doubt seriously there's anyone left in Salem who would want to join her in her death anniversary plans. Johnny is certainly old enough and precocious enough to know it's been a year since he lost his dad (Sydney probably not so much), so shouldn't she be spending this anniversary with his children (and perhaps sniffing his ashes instead of his letter if she still has them)??

One of life's unanswered questions I guess (or just a plot point), but looks as if they could've found a more reasonable explanation for her leaving those children on this anniversary date to travel to Salem.

Didn't Romeo and Juliet die? I'll join you in wishing for this kind of end for them.

deleted unnecessary quote - STOP quoting the post directly above your own post - JS

If they're together it doesn't matter to me. They have each other in the end as Alison Sweeney (Sami) said in the past, EJ and Sami are like star crossed lovers. That is perfect way to describe them.

That's another thing about this story that makes very little sense to me - WHY did Sami return to Salem for the anniversary of EJ's death? What did she plan to do? I've heard no talk about a 1 year remembrance ceremony, there's no grave to visit, no talk about spreading ashes. Did she take the ashes with her to California? Did she plan to visit the place where he was killed (and if so for what reason) or go to the morgue as a memorial to the last time she fawned all over him? I doubt seriously there's anyone left in Salem who would want to join her in her death anniversary plans. Johnny is certainly old enough and precocious enough to know it's been a year since he lost his dad (Sydney probably not so much), so shouldn't she be spending this anniversary with his children (and perhaps sniffing his ashes instead of his letter if she still has them)??

One of life's unanswered questions I guess (or just a plot point), but looks as if they could've found a more reasonable explanation for her leaving those children on this anniversary date to travel to Salem.

If she found out EJ was alive, think how happy Johnny and Sydney and also Allie would be. I look at this from another angle, if there is a slim chance the love of your life is still alive wouldn't you take it? I know I would. So what if the rest of Salem hated EJ? He hated them. He never gave a crap about anyone but Sami and his kids which includes Allie and also Will. He loved that boy like his own because he was the son of the woman he loved more than his own life.

The only one she wants is EJ the man that she knew from day one that loved her and cherish her until his so called death,

Yep. I'm sure she knew that when he was raping her and when he was pretending her daughter that he kidnapped was dead and let's not forget that great romantic scene where he blackmailed her into telling their son Johnny that she didn't love him. I'm sure she felt loved and cherished when she found out he'd abducted Rafe and created a lookalike out of a common criminal to plant in her bed. And she definitely knew that he loved and cherished her when she shot him in the head.

Somehow I missed that part of the Romeo and Juliet story.

Frankly, I don't much care where Sami goes as long as she goes and never comes back. The character is beyond repair. Here's a plot twist with potential : Ben tries to strangle her and they fall "deeply in love" and ride off into the sunset together ...

deleted quote, no need to quote post directly above your own.....poirot

That is all history. They both forgave each other for all that. This is the beauty of EJ and Sami. She knew he loved her the most when he was laying dead in the morgue her words to him I never forgot. She told him she was never first with any man he gave her that she knew how much he loved her and she said it was gift how he always tried to win her. Not my words, her words.

Back