Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 25, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 25, 2019

Yawwwnnnn. Doug chatting with Julie, who is feeling great, rather talkative. Hope is there, but more concerned with her makeup, and staring off into space, getting pulled back into the conversation. Eli arrives, Julie insists Hope take her father home finally, he has been there constantly, has to take care of himself. Doug is hesitant, finally agrees, they leave. Thereafter, Eli & Julie chat continually about her health, the upcoming wedding, how much he loves Lani, their relationship, Julies's feelings about Gabi, how badly she has treated her, unfair of her, yada, yada, yada. She wants to thank her, apologize to her.

Rolf is in that room/apt., whatever it is, there is now furniture, including a throne, candelabra on a table, Rolf says all is ready.

At the party, Jordan passes out the cupcakes, wanting everyone to chow down. Rafe tells Ciara no, not til they sing Happy Birthday. Ciara pulls out the phone to take pics, they light a candle, sing, Jordan blows it out, Ciara snaps away. Jordan now insists everyone gobble up, they dive in, as Jordan looks very satisfied, watching Ciara. In a while, Ciara is not feeling good, Jordan smiles, Ciara wants to go home, Ben thanks Jordan a lot, (reminds him how she always made the cakes for his birthdays when little. He & Ciara will leave, Jordan gets their coats, slipping the poison vial into Ben's coat pocket.

And Gabi continues to beat around the bush in her demands to Lani that she leave Eli at the altar. This goes on and on, Lani denying she would do such a thing, Gabi insisting she will, finally getting to Julie, how Nick raped Gabi, eventually going to prison, Julie treating her terribly constantly after she got out, blah, blah, blah. She finally tells Lani about the pacemaker, the bionic lab where it was made belonging to DiMera Enterprises, how she called a tech, had the app made so she can control the heart. Make it slow down, so Julie dies........or beat soooooo fast she does. Lani doesn't believe her, Gabi reminds her of Steve's bionic eye, which Lani remembers was controlled by Stefan.

Hope comes into that apt, wondering where all this stuff came from, why is it there. She needs to see Marlena, tell her about these spells. She grabs her neck, is in pain, passes out. Rolf is walking, stops , saying he no longer needs the satellite, looks at his watch, it all should be done just about now!

Sonny & Will are with Ari, upset as doctor cancelled the appointment, did not call. Bet the party is still going on, they can go back. Ari doesn't want to, David's mommy is too mean. The guys wonder about this, Sonny goes off, will be back, Ari is sitting at a table, scoffing down her cupcake, Will admires the picture she drew of the party. He notes the cupcakes, she nods, says that is you, right? Yes. What are you doing. She whispers she changed the name sticks so all the girls got more frosting. Will smiles.

Over to Ben & Ciara, she is in bed, feeling better after the ginger ale Ben gave her.

At Jordan's, she & Rafe are cleaning up a bit, she has put David down for nap, Rafe is starting to look a bit green around the gills, she hopes Ciara will be better soon, hopes David did not catch the bug. Rafe is getting weaker, collapses.

Gabi is outside Julie's room, Lani asks what she is doing, Gabi will show her what she can do. Thru the window, Julies makes a face, is concerned, her heart is beating so fast she cannot breathe! (Gee, and no monitors go off!)

Rolf is at the apt., Hope comes to, only Rolf helps her up, takes her over to sit on the throne, says he has a gift for her, pulls out a tiara, Hope places it on her head. Her speech as changed somewhat. Rolf acknowledges her as “your royal highness”.. Hope says he should not call her that, just call her Princess Gina.

Ho hum is how this episode reads to me, but I am sleep deprived and not in the best mood at work today. So maybe......maybe it is just me. I so appreciate you sitting through this tripe Poirot to give us a daily summary.

Lani: She continues to amaze. She's totally unfit to be a police officer. Today, she witnessed Gabi assault Julie with a deadly weapon (the doctored pacemaker) and just let her walk away. Gabi should have been arrested on the spot, deprived of her lethal smartphone, and frog-marched down to the Salem jail. Once Gabi is in a cell, D.A. Melinda Trask could use a little legal creativity and also charge her with conspiring with Visionary Bionics technicians to murder Julie. Once Gabi is stewing in a Salem cell, Julie could be wheeled back into the O.R. and given a new pacemaker. (Even one made by a Salem High science class would be better than what she has now.)

Jordan: This one is also amazing -- amazingly stupid. She crudely uses poison to carry out her plot against Ciara and then leaves the cupcakes unattended where anyone could innocently switch the name tags. Anywhere but Salem, the contents of the stricken Rafe's stomach would be traced back to Jordan, meaning that she gets an express trip back to Bayview.

Rolf: What is with him? Did he bring back Princess Gina just so he could fawn over royalty? Is he a big fan of Britain's royal family or is he a closet German monarchist who dreams of putting one of the descendants of Kaiser Wilhelm II on the throne of Germany?

0b8b32410ace7beea86e0cbaa1681fb2546a2f74.jpg

Kaiser Wilhelm II aka
"Kaiser Bill" -- Rolf's
other hero (besides
Stefano).

Thank you for watching this and reporting. I almost feel like I should quit commenting because all I seem to ever have to say is negative. But I will anyway. I can't figure any point to the Princess Gina thing. I'm not easily bored but so far, I would call this story completely boring....to the point I will start skipping it soon if it doesn't get any better.

DBF pretty well covered the things that bothered me most. I thought surely Lani is not going to let Gabi get by with this remote control of Julie's heart. Why??? Why would she not put a stop to it right then and there on the spot. This is too silly.

Jordan.....please send her away!

I guess the one positive thing I can say is that there is no Kristen in this episode.

Thanks, Poirot.

Rolf had some funny comments. It was interesting when he told Hope he
liked the color of her lipstick.

Loved seeing Ari and we found out she switched the names on the cupcakes.

Will didn't wear a plaid shirt today.

Jordan put the poison bottle in someone's jacket and she wasn't wearing gloves.

I hope the people in Salem compare notes about Hope. All of them should
have noticed she keeps touching the right side of her neck.

Does Rolf love Princess Gina? Maybe this is the reason he brought her back.

Back