Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 7, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 7, 2016

Nicole & Marlena are with Victor, as Marlena wants whatever info they can give her on Xander, as she is doing a psychological profile. Victor is his usual ornery, grumpy self, making all sorts of disparaging observations about Xander. Nicole talks of him being psychotic, stalking her around Salem, eventually trying to kill her & Eric in that crawl space. She mentions Xander wanting Vic's approval, considered him a father figure, Vic claims being tired of having to clean up Xander's messes, yada, yada. He & Nicole get into an argument, with him saying don't blame me for what he became, but Nicole does. Marlena gets them to stop, has to leave, tells Nik to stay safe. Victor stops Nicole from leaving, mentions Philip & Chloe, wants to know what happened there, Phil won't tell him. Nicole says it is none of his business, stay out of it, they had a fight, she went to NY to be with her parents. He gets a call, goes out of the room to take it, she calls Chloe, leaving a message for the 3rd time, wondering why Chloe hasn't returned her calls.

Sonny & Chad get into a huge argument about Chad having DiMera take advantage of Kiriakis business blunder, Sonny is very angry, ends up telling Chad he doesn't ever want to see him again.
At the Pub, Paul is sitting, laptop in front of him, Sonny comes in, evidently John has something on him, which is connected to Paul's laptop (hey, this is all electronic and superspy stuff, so just go with it all). Sonny & Paul exchange pleasantries, Sonny goes for coffee, Paul is talking to device in John's ear (he is in the park) telling him to face Orpheus at all times.

Steve is trying to calm Kayla down, promising to bring Joey home, alive and safe. Clyde & Xander argue some about their individual objectives, Clyde leaves to take Joey to wherever. Xander is left behind , supposed to be listening to police chatter.

Ciara is trying to talk Theo out of his revenge plot, but Theo is determined. He is going to the Pub, since they grew up there, they know how to ditch the cops who are guarding them, knowing the streets, corners, shortcuts, etc. Sonny brings Paul coffee, more nice chitchat, he goes to Caroline for food.. Lots of back and forth. Finally, Orpheus shows up, John is only a few feet away. They butt heads a bit, exchange minor threats, get down to the nitty gritting of exchanging ransom for Joey. Orpheus already has said to Clyde & Xander that when they get the money, Orpheus is going to shoot John, and they will kill Joey.

John wants to know Joey is still alive & safe. Orpheus calls Clyde, they put Joey on the cell phone video (amazing how well equipped these guys are with no money, lol). Joey says he is o.k., he sits, hands tied, etc. Paul gets a fix on the location, Steve & JJ take off, Paul tells John to stall, he does a bit, Orpheus gets impatient. John pretends no service on his laptop, but finally says o.k. Orpheus is warning him.

Theo overhears Pier 17, takes off, Clyde is there with Joey, Theo whips out the gun, waving it, Clyde calls his bluff, figures he won't shoot, pushes Joey out of the way, eventually easily getting the gun away from Theo.JJ & Steve comes rushing in, guns drawn, Clyde pushes Theo forward, runs off. Orpheus gets a message to "abort", pulls his gun, but John pulls his at the same time. Deadlock. Orpheus is backing away, warning John that whatever he & his friends did, they will all regret it. Both are so close, guns pointed, Orpheus gets away.

Xander is having flashbacks to things Vic said to him, and when Vic drew blood on his neck once.
Chad is home, flashing back to Sonny asking him as a friend to leave Kiriakis business alone.
Sonny catches up with Paul, praising him for the work he did, enabling his cousin to be saved. They hug, (looks like Paul still has feelings for Sonny)

Steve & Kayla are hugging their son, take him to the pub, Theo, too. Joey is just very hungry. Theo leaves the Pub, is stopped by Roman. Theo knows he screwed up, Roman tells him the entire operation was jeopardized, someone could have been hurt. He knows Theo is under stress, but come to him, or his dad, rather than take things into his own hands. Don't sink to their level.

Kayla hugs Steve, thanks him for bringing Joey back safe. He hugs back, he promised he would, and he did.

The Terror group are together, vowing vengeance on the entire town. We will kill every single one , and Salem will burn to the ground.

Chad is on the phone with Kate, asking how things are down on the docks, that is good, no he is not ambivalent about it. Yep, it is the right decision.

John comes rushing in, Joey is gobbling down food, John hugs him, glad you are o.k. Marlena comes rushing in, big hug for John, he is o.k. John says the bad guys still out there. But Marlena figures she has a plan to get them, every single one of them.

I actually thought the scene with the three stooges was the end and then the Pub scene happened. Almost like an add-on.

Really surprised that Clyde gave up Joey so easily. Surely he wasn't that scared of Theo.

The John/Orpheus stuff was fantastic. Especially when they drew their guns at the same time. Liked how Paul, JJ, Steve, Kayla and Roman were also involved.

Hey Steve, your "boy" is also JJ's cousin.:rolleyes: I think he has a stake in rescuing Joey too.

Kind of a slow episode for a Friday but I have no idea where they are going next with this villains story so my interest is piqued.

I enjoyed the show with all the sets and people interacting with each other. Nice
to see the pier/dock set.

I think Nicole is correct. It was probably Victor's fault Xander turned out that way.

Why didn't Ciara tell someone Theo had a gun? And was it Abe's gun?

I'm glad Joey is free. I was afraid Theo might shoot him or do something else wrong.
JJ needs to exercise more because he couldn't catch up to Clyde who's a lot
older than he is.

I enjoyed Sonny and Paul. Should we hope for a reunion?

I wonder if Chad and Sonny can fix their relationship by merging the DiMera and
Kiriakis companies together?

I really enjoyed the episode. Non-stop interactions between loads of interesting characters, Joey being rescued, Marlena having a plan to destroy the villains (what a cliffhanger)! I'm just sad Chad and Sonny's friendship is suffering, but maybe that will be repaired in no time.

I think Nicole is correct. It was probably Victor's fault Xander turned out that way.
Why didn't Ciara tell someone Theo had a gun? And was it Abe's gun?
Imagine the expression on Marlena's face if Victor had said, "Well, I did have him forced to his knees and then made him believe I was about to cut his throat." As for Teen Ciara, she's got quite a big mouth except when it counts. Then there's poor Theo, who really caught the Salem revenge bug. Maybe it was his DiMera DNA finally kicking in. Somewhere, Ghost Stefano might have been saying, "Yes, young Theo is a real DiMera after all. He hasn't been ruined by Abraham." Finally Keystone Koppery was on full view today.
  • Roman's computer tracking was being done by a civilian sitting in a pub.
  • More cops seemed to be at the Pub than at Police Headquarters.
  • The Clyde Squad consisted only of rookie cop JJ and Steve. How much would it have cost TPTB to throw in a few extras dressed as the Salem P.D. SWAT team?

Nicole got some of her sass back, which is a nice change. I swear Deimos is like some kind of evil spirit sucking the life out of her.

Theo is an idiot but he's an autistic teenager scared of being an orphan so I'll give him a pass on making dumb decisions.

I can buy Clyde panicking at multiple guns to him but I wish someone had actually fired a shot, even if it missed. JJ is not scary!

I feel that John could have iced Orpheus and still have a lot of great drama next week. Imagine the squabbling and in-fighting with just Clyde & Xander and their separate, unaligned agendas.

Or on the other hand, Theo accidentally-on-purpose shooting Clyde would have been a great dramatic moment too, fatal or not.

I'm glad Theo didn't shoot anyone. I don't want to see another teen committing a crime or being a victim of one.

Really liked the scene with him and Roman afterwards. I like how everyone is looking out for him in Abe's absence. Kayla and Marlena have been good with Theo too.

Also loved that the pier set was back. I wish they'd refer to it as a pier instead of a dock, just for old times sake.

Back