Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 16 , 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, Sept. 16, 2016

Another really good show. Replay of Kate spying Clyde, who pulls a gun on her, as they talk, while Chad arrives, quietly shutting the door, and listening in. Kate tries ordering Clyde to leave, warns him this is not the way to try and get her back. He laughs, no such thing, he is planning on taking his grandson and getting him to Ben. Argument about Thomas's parentage, Clyde admits he knew paternity test had been faked, but Ben would have had a child with Abby if Chad had not interfered, so that is why. Chad listens, Kate argues, denies, Clyde gets rough with her, grabbing her, pushing her aginst the other wall, allowing Chad to come in, try to get the gun from Clyde. They struggle, the gun goes off, they still struggle, the gun goes flying I guess, Clyde beats up on Chad and then takes off.

Kate thanks him for not paying attention to her and coming over anyway, he saved her life. Chad remembers her being good to him after his mother died, and his father's death. They talk of her working for DiMera Enterprises, Andre being around, she is grateful, won't forget it.

Nicole, Brady & Theresa are at the Pub, Deimos arrives, asks if he can join them. Theresa is still a nervous wreck, Deimos is going to protect them all, wants Brady, Theresa & Tate to move into the mansion, which is like a fortress, someone comments. Hesitation, but Brady says Theresa should decide. Even with all the hired security around the townhouse complex, Deimos notes they will not be able to keep track of everyone coming and going, being there are 20-30 units there. Brady & Theresa take Tate to change his diaper, Deimos talks to Nicole, who refuses to move in, too. She wants whatever they have to go very slow, a snail's pace, & moving in there is not her idea of slow. She does agree to 24 hr. body guards, though. Brady & Theresa come back, agree to move in, will go home to pack what they need. Deimos will go with them. When all are gone, Nicole gets a call from Xander, who warns her they have unfinished business, then mentions the fries on Theresa's plate look good. She aborts the call, hurries out.

At the hospital, John's arm is bandaged, Marlena is fussing over him, he is on the phone, learning of everyone getting away. She cannot understand how Orpheus managed that.

In her room, Steve talks to Kayla, telling her he promised God to be the best husband ever if he lets Kayla live. She had, and he will be. Kayla is still reluctant to try again, but he is promising "just watch me". He leaves the room to go get her some food, Marlena goes in to visit, John fills Steve in on Orpheus & the rest. Steve doesn't want Kayla to know, but John figures Marlena is telling her right now. Steve is on his phone, figures he will call Kayla's doc to keep her there a few more days. John warns him not to do that, Steve realizes he is right. Unbeknownst to them, Marlena & Kayla have started out of the room, but go back in. (Kayla wants to get staff together, she is Chief of Surgery, emergency status, etc. Marlena assures her Dr. Winter knows everything, and Marlena herself does as well. Kayla is ticked Steve is making decisions for her, he comes in, Marlena leaves.

Steve tells her what he was going to do, how he changed his mind, did not call her doctor, knew Kayla herself has to make that decision. They both have called Joey at different times, to warn him of this new danger, keep him up to date. Kayla tells Steve she wants him to come home with her from the hospital, yes, move back home, if he wants to. Oh, he wants to all right. He kisses her hand.

Orpheus is flashing back to when he made John (who was Roman then) think he had killed Marlena, but all he did was shoot her with a tranquilizing dart. He wanted John to know how he felt when he watched his wife die, wanted John to feel the same pain. John goes to pick her up....don't touch her, says Orpheus, or I will kill her. Back now, Orpheus murmurs, who says you can't go home again.

A knock at the door, Clyde comes in, calls the place a dump. Xander is already sitting there, suggesting Clyde check into a 5 star hotel, Orpheus saying the place is perfect, unused for years, near the piers, he scouted it all out. All 3 moan a bit about their failed attempts to get the ones the detest, but Orpheus notes the Salemites know they are in town, are now scared, worried. Suggests that they work as a team, make life a living hell for the good people of Salem.

The last part of the show is a series of scenes, with a jazzy song playing and being sung in the background. No dialogue. Kate is making sure all her doors are locked as the police leave. Deimos follows Brady & Theresa into the Kmansion, they look around at the wedding chairs still set up.Chad at home, looking down on Thomas. Nicole throwing money on the table, leaving. John & Marlena locking all the doors and windows, settling down on the sofa, his arm around her. As Kayla sleeps, Steve pulls the chair next to her bed, takes out his gun, takes the safety off, and settles in.

The unholy trio is beginning to take on the appearance of the gang who couldn't shoot straight. Idiot Orpheus carelessly stood too close to Paul and gets jumped; Xander wasted so much time talking before trying to strangle Jeannie T. that Brady arrived in time to save the day; and then Clyde overpowered Chad, but then inexplicably fled apparently without his gun. Of course, others aren't clicking on all cylinders either. Kayla, who's confined to her hospital bed got an attitude because Steve didn't consult her about security plans, Brady was initially reluctant to take refuge in the K-Mansion fortress, and Nicole flat out refused to go there. (She once had no problem moving in there with Pookie.) Hasn't she ever heard the old saying "any port in a storm." Finally, with Orpheus on the loose, when is John going to start wearing that cannon of a pistol that he was sporting soon after becoming a private investigator?

I have several comics in my collection from the seventies when they ran ads which they no longer do.One of the more famous of those ads was for Charles Atlas's fitness program (the other was for Sea Monkeys) that promised to "make you a man in 30 days." The ad featured a photo of Charles Atlas who was a bodybuilder. It was accompanied by a comic strip in which a scrawny guy-the quintessential 90-pound weakling- is always getting sand kicked in his face by a bully at the beach. He tries standing up for himself and is threatened then he signs up for the Atlas program and then within 30 days he's a muscle-bound Adonis who runs the bully off.

I'm thinking Chad really needs to sign up for that program other wise the Westons are just going to keep kicking sand in his face as it were. *sigh*

Once again we have the sixtyish Dixieland Dirtbag handily beating a man half his age without breaking a sweat. Now I have no trouble believing that a guy of that age can be a formidable opponent in a bout of fisticuffs but come on. Whatever else the Heinous Hillbilly is he still a run-of-the-mill human being he's not the Hulk or even Captain America. It drives me nuts how both he and Ben seem to be physically unbeatable.

Other then that nitpick I thought it was a darn good episode otherwise. I'm curious how Xander pulled off that trick about the fries with Nicole though. I'm guessing either Orpheus or the Hillbilly could minions watching people. It was creepy either way.

I'm not generally speaking a big fan of musical montages because they usually come across as more cheesy then anything else in my opinion, but this time I thought it worked because it matched up nicely with the scene just before it with the Unholy Three deciding to work together.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary. Yup, a good way to end the week, and some things from the past were brought up (Jordan, Kate's abuse, Chad's mom, etc). Perhaps best of all, no teen scene and no Rafe/Aiden/Hope! I do wonder, though, when Andre will be involved in this. I hope we get to see him and Kate talk about taking out the Poplar Bluff hillbilly.

Another good show.

Troy, I agree with you. Chad needs to get better in shape since Clyde knocked him
down. Maybe Chad was tired because he must have run all the way there from
the DiMera mansion. Maybe the Martin house is close by.

I'm glad Clyde admitted he had someone tamper with the paternity test.

I enjoyed Steve and Kayla. I laughed when Steve said he was going to get jammies for
her since she didn't like wearing a gown. I'm glad John stopped him when he wanted
to call the doctor and he told Kayla what he was going to do.

I liked the flashback with Orpheus. I wonder how much was deleted since at that time
John's name was Roman.

I agree, Robin, I thought the dress made Nicole look pregnant, too.

I loved the Salemites locking their doors at the end. Do they think flimsy locks on flimsy doors will keep them safe??? A good kick will open any of those doors. Or breaking a window and climbing in. Or breaking a small window in the French doors, reaching in and unlocking the doors. They should've all gone over to the K-Mansion and hunkered down.

Nice to hear Kate bring up Curtis and how he abused her, Austin and Billie. And also admitting that she didn't believe Jordan's claims of abuse, but she came to realize Jordan was right.
I just about had to pry my jaw off the floor after this one. What a great Days moment. It actually made me feel bad about yesterday's tweet!! :eek: But only for a minute. Clyde could have still offed Kate after this.
Once again we have the sixtyish Dixieland Dirtbag handily beating a man half his age without breaking a sweat.
I balked at this as well. Sure, Clyde's strong, but come on. Chad is no slouch.

Very, very strong show. Kayla makes sense, finally, sort of, and is letting Steve move back in. I'd love everyone moving in to the K-mansion for awhile. That could be very story-productive (and think of all the money they'd save on sets!!).

I also thought the dress made Nicole look pregnant. Wonder who thought it'd be a good idea to put on her?

As for the song, the artist (St. Hollywood) is the same one who made the "Dreamin'" song, heard when EJ and Abby first made love in January of 2014.

Orpheus saying the place is perfect, unused for years,

I bet Eric and Nicole would beg to differ

The actress isn't pregnant is she?

No

It annoyed me that John and Marlena didn't mention or seem concerned about Claire when they were locking up.

Nicole does look pregnant in that dress. And I hate how they cut Eric out of the flashbacks.

Kat, I don't think the Orpheus flashback was edited. I watched the original fairly recently. Besides, it's not a secret that John was Roman at the time. If anything, they need a new flashback of Josh Taylor's Roman killing Orpheus' wife. I'm really disappointed overall in how they've reintroduced Orpheus. Newer viewers aren't getting a full picture of his past and his connections to everyone in Salem. They should have had more discussion/flashbacks in his first couple episodes.

Back