Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 27, 2019

But this time she is ELDERLY primigravida, meaning she is over the age of 35. That is different than youthful primigravida. The writers amazingly must have looked it up, as they tried to evade mentioning Kristen's age, which everyone knows ...........is not "youngish" anymore.
As others have noted, this is a ridiculous story, inasmuch as Kristen nearly married John, I think did marry Tony, but mostly was going to be step mom to the 2 or 3 yr. old Brady, who is now past 40. Kristen should be in her 60s at least........but of course they have not gone there. I guess the pretense is she is just a few years older than Brady.

I think they want us to think she's in her early 50s/late 40s. Stacy Haiduk (Kristen) is 51.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

Vivian wore her Cleopatra outfit today.

I'm assuming Rafe went to Ted's old apartment because someone
said they heard someone inside.

Kate said "Let me guess, the police don't have a clue"

I wonder if Rolf has a new magic serum since Kate woke up and
didn't have a memory loss like Jack and Will did.

Will Kayla figure out how Kate woke up? Kate might sue her if
she finds out Kayla was going to take her heart out.

Poor Julie, she won't be getting Kate's heart after all. Maybe Rolf
can make something so Julie's heart gets better.

I enjoyed Jack and Jennifer. I hope as time goes on they will show more
flashback scenes with them.

Jason ~ I've been assuming Shah's heart would go to Julie, but they need to get him to the hospital NOW. They are moving a little too slowly. And, yes. I assume that if that is the direction they go, we will have lots of stories about how his personality traits are now showing up in Julie. Ugh! I hate it when they do that!

I wonder if Rolf has a new magic serum since Kate woke up and
didn't have a memory loss like Jack and Will did.

Will Kayla figure out how Kate woke up? Kate might sue her if
she finds out Kayla was going to take her heart out.
Rolf probably has more different types of serums than even he can count. The resurrection serum caused memory loss. Kate must have been given another type intended for those on the point of death. As for a Kate lawsuit, there's nothing there. Kate made Lucas her health proxy, which made the proposed donation legitimate. Of course Lucas might catch some flak from his Mommie Dearest when she learns that he gave up on her survival chances and wanted to give her superior heart to a leading Salem busybody
So, was Shah stabbed directly in the heart? Did they consider his heart as an option for the old crone?
Good point about neither Jack or Jenny having the presence of mind to think of Shah as a potential donor for Julie. If Julie's cheering section takes this the wrong way, they could end up on the pariah list with Gabi.

Dr. B......can I just tell you, in public, how much I appreciate you being here, and your so very wise input? Thank you!
That said, this is a storyline point which perhaps gives us all something to think about when doing a proxy?
And a curious question.........Is it possible to have co-proxies? Or would that not work because of disagreements? Just wondering since Will was so anti, while his dad had to make the decision.......tho he did talk to all his siblings, who apparently agreed with him.

Poirot, thank you for the kind words. As for co-proxies, a law firm website that I checked said that the answer would be no for the reasons you mentioned. Imagine how much worse the battle over pulling the plug on Marlena would have been if Sami had been a co-proxy. Or imagine John Black naming Brady and Paul Narita as co-proxies. He then goes into yet another coma, and this time the end seems near. Poor Kayla is then battered from two sides as Brady and Paul get into heated arguments and give her conflicting directions over terminating life support.

This is a state law issue and varies from state to state. In states that allow co-proxies (a/k/a health care agents) this would indeed cause a problem, which is why I, personally, don't like co-proxies but when a client insists would always advise appointing someone to break a log jam. Otherwise it goes to the courts which can be long and messy.

Breaking my long term lurker status here because this is a really important issue and this site can and does help disseminate important information.

I'm confused, how, all of a sudden, did Rolf realize Kristen is already pregnant Wouldn't he have realized this well before today's show, when they were just about to do the transfer of Sarah's baby????

This is a state law issue and varies from state to state. In states that allow co-proxies (a/k/a health care agents) this would indeed cause a problem, which is why I, personally, don't like co-proxies but when a client insists would always advise appointing someone to break a log jam. Otherwise it goes to the courts which can be long and messy. Breaking my long term lurker status here because this is a really important issue and this site can and does help disseminate important information.
This is correct. Health care proxies are covered by state law and some allow two proxies. Other state health care proxy forms provide for only one name as a proxy. An alternate can be named who can serve if the original proxy cannot or will not perform his/her duties. There may also may be qualifications to serve as a proxy. Salemites who might get turned down include Jordan (questionable sanity), Kate (too unscrupulous), and EJ (no mummies).

Thanks for the summary!

I was very surprised that JJ did not follow Jack. He was suspicious. I thought for sure he would.
Me too! I totally expected JJ to come through the door!

I guess the pretense is she is just a few years older than Brady.
Yea - like that works! How stupid do these writers think we are?:angry:

Of course Lucas might catch some flak
I think one should give a patient (especially their Mom) more than 2 days to come out of a coma before giving up their heart! I don't believe it should go on and on - but 2 days? Come on

tho he did talk to all his siblings,
but didn't Viv indicate she gave permission to Lucas as "Billie"? So, did he ever talk to the real Billie?

JS is correct. Lucas called each sibling directly.
And just for the record, while Kate might be failing for 2 days in OUR TIME.......that is not Days time. Add to that the fact that Julie's time is very short. Lucas is told Kate is in a vegetative state, where she will remain forever now. There is no hope, she cannot breathe on her own, only with machines. Her brain has no activity. In other words she is dead. What a horrible decision for Lucas to have to make.......but....what is the alternative? Keep her on machines for the next 20 years?

Back