Days of our Lives - Friday, December 29, 2023

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
37 minutes today - it’s New Year’s Eve, and a much less boring episode than the past few!

Xander is in his apartment checking his timer for Victoria’s bottle. Sarah stops by to visit to give her daughter a New Year’s Eve kiss. She feels Victoria’s forehead and says it’s warm.

Chanel and Johnny are walking through the Square talking about Paulina’s potential diagnosis.

Outside the Pub, Leo sees Chad and tells him he as a proposal for him.

Stephanie arrives at Everett’s room at the Salem Inn and he tells her he hates mixers that involve being around people. Stephanie says it will be a great networking opportunity for the new editor of the Spectator.

In the park bench area, Alex is telling Theresa a story about a failed date when Brady and Tate arrive. Tate says he needs to go. Brady tells them that Tate is meeting Holly, they worked things out. Tate says he’s sorry his dad’s date fizzled out and leaves. Brady tells Theresa and Alex that his date was supposed to be Rachel but Kristen took her out of town, then he starts heading home. Theresa says no, you’re coming with us.

Behind the Bistro, Stefan and Ava talk about the full reservation list for tonight, they’re glad that was the last shipment. Stefan gets a news alert that 2 teens died of an overdose from laced cocaine.

Holly is in her room getting ready and pulls out a bag of pills from a drawer and sees Nicole at her door.

Xander didn’t notice Victoria was warm. Sarah asks if he has any baby acetaminophen? He says no. Sarah says there are some things every parent should have. He asks her to make a list and heads out to get the medicine.

Chanel and Johnny continue chit-chatting. Chanel thinks the only reason Paulina wanted them to go to this party was to be the eyes and ears of the mayor.

Leo pitches the idea of bringing back Lady Whistleblower to the Spectator. Chad says that’s not his call - he’ll need to go to the editor in chief.

Everett struggles to get his cuff links on. Stephanie offers to help and notices she bought them for him. He says they’re his favorite.

Brady says he doesn’t want to be a third wheel. Theresa says it will be fun, lots of laughs. Brady begrudgingly agrees to come. Theresa says this is going to be the best year ever, maybe even including a wedding proposal. Alex says to himself he wouldn’t rule that out.

Holly and Nicole talk about her date with Tate. Holly says she’ll stay home if needed. Nicole says she’ll be fine and to have a good time. Holly says she’s planning on it as the camera zooms to her robe pocket with the pills.

Ava and Stefan argue about the drug shipments.

Shockingly, the Bistro party has more than 10 people at it (a bunch of extras in the background). Stephanie walks in and introduces Everett to Alex, Brady, Theresa, Chanel, and Johnny, then whisks him away to meet a judge. Theresa says she wants to raid the buffet and Chanel and Johnny join her. Alex asks Brady to hang back and says he wants to ask him about Theresa.

Chad says he will agree to Leo coming back if Everett gives it the OK and Chad will have final approval on anything that is printed. Leo asks if he has any plans with Stephanie for New Year’s Eve? He says they broke up. Flashback to when Leo saw Stephanie leave the Pub. Leo asks when they broke up and Chad tells him to mind is own business. Leo heads off to find Mr. E. Lynch.

Sarah picks up Victoria-in-blanket and talks to her while she rocks and walks around the room.

Nicole helps Holly pick out a dress, offers one from her closet. Holly says she doesn’t want to wear a mom dress. Sweet mom-daughter interactions.

Ava tells Stefan she told Harris they were seeing each other as a cover when they almost got caught. Stefan agrees it’s better than people knowing what is really happening.

Super cute scene with Tate coming to the door and Nicole being a doting mom over Holly. Before they leave, Holly kisses Tate and says she wants to avoid any awkwardness at midnight.

Xander comes back with the baby acetaminophen. Sarah says she gave Victoria a bath but her fever still won’t break. Hopefully the medicine helps.

Chad and Nicole chat in the DiMansion living room. EJ has been upstairs making business calls all day, Chad says he’ll wait to see him. He asks Nicole how she’s doing and if they have any plans? She says a quiet night in is needed.

At the Bistro, Tate and Holly walk in and see Chanel and Johnny, who tell them they need to hit up the buffet. Stefan and Ava walk in talking about the nice crowd. Ava has her arm on Stefan’s and he pulls away saying if they’re supposed to be having an affair it should be on the down-low and not out in the open. Stephanie comes over to introduce Everett, who recognizes both the DiMera and Vitali last names as having “colorful” pasts. Ava assures them that it’s a legitimate business. Stephanie says Salem New Year’s Eve parties have a history of surprise guests, any chance of that happening tonight? Stefan says not that he’s aware of.

Alex brings Brady to a side room and says that when they were at dinner with Maggie and they were all over him about putting Theresa in charge of Bella Magazine that he didn’t take a stance. He thinks Theresa could benefit from some words of confidence from Brady. Theresa interrupts saying the dance floor is hopping and she wants to see Alex’s moves.

Everyone stops as a figure whips around in a hooded cape. It’s Leo making an appearance. Just about everyone is heard saying they’re not a fan.

Sarah tells Xander she’s going to text that she won’t make it to the party so she can be there with Victoria while she’s sick.

Nicole tells Chad she’s sorry that he and Stephanie broke up. Chad says it was too soon after Abigail. He looks around the room and says Abigail was the one who gave the place a facelift. He says he wasn’t ready for another relationship. Nicole says she was ready to be a mother again but sometimes life has other plans.

Leo makes his pitch to Everett about bringing back the Lady Whistleblower column. Everett says ok, but only legit stories. Leo says he’ll only report on things that he has seen with his own two eyes.

Holly and Tate go to the private room and Holly pulls out her bag of pills.

Sarah checks Victoria’s temperature and says the fever is broken. Xander says she can make the party, but she says she’d rather be there with both of them.

Chad says he needs to get to Doug and Julie’s and wishes Nicole a happy new year.

Brady and Theresa talk about how cute Tate and Holly are. Then Brady offers the compliment Alex asked him to give, saying Bella used to be part of his portfolio and if she has any questions or needs any help, he’s here. Theresa pops off on him saying she doesn’t need his condescending remarks or vote of confidence and storms away.

Tate tells Holly she’s crazy and to put the pills away. Theresa comes in and Holly hides the pills in her purse. Tate asks what’s wrong? Theresa says nothing, asks them if they’re having fun, and walks away.

Everett says he’s ready to leave and talks Stephanie into heading out with him.

Tate scolds Holly, saying both of his parents were addicts and he doesn’t do stuff like that and didn’t think she did either. Holly says they’re just ADHD pills she got from someone at school, everyone is doing it. Holly thought since she offered him weed when they first met. He says they’re amphetamines and it’s different. He’s out. She says they help her feel better and have more energy. Holly calls him a goody two-shoes and says she’s going to the bathroom.

Tate comes back into the main room and asks Chanel and Johnny if they’ve seen Holly? Chanel says she thought she saw her head to the ladies room. He thanks her and runs off.

Leo walks over to Stefan who asks why he’s still there? Doesn’t he have some citizens to rescue from Gotham City? Leo says he’s the only one who truly understands Stefan, that they both have soul mates in prison. Stefan says one of our soul mates is a slimy dirtbag and walks away.

Nicole yells for EJ to come down since it’s almost midnight. She pops open a bottle of champagne.

Chanel and Johnny are in the park bench area when Chanel gets a text from Mama. Abe came over and she said not to come home. She asks what she’ll do. Johnny says he has a few ideas and they kiss.

In the Square, Stephanie and Everett chat about leaving the party. She says she was glad to get out before the celebrating and kissing. Fireworks start going off. Everett kisses her. You know it, Chad comes around the corner and sees it.

Xander and Sarah look out the apartment window at the fireworks and kiss.

Confetti is flying around the Bistro. Tate runs across the room. Ava pecks Stefan on both cheeks. Alex and Theresa twirl around while they kiss. Brady is sitting in a chair taking it all in.

Behind the Bistro, Tate runs out and sees Holly on the ground convulsing and foaming at the mouth. He runs to her and says it will be ok.

Last edited:
Thank you, ShaunP!

I know Tate did not want to narc on Holly and tell his parents that Holly had drugs and he was concerned, but I wish he did. That would help him later on when he is implicated in the situation. I just hope this leads to a major drug bust at The Bistro, and Ava and Stefan are out of that mess.

True about Tripp being safe in China from Clyde's goons, or does Clyde's reach extend that far? And will Tripp really go through with this major move?

Enjoyed the sweet scenes with Xander, Sarah and Blanket Baby, even though this couple never stays together.

Will Leo stick to his "only if I see it with my own two eyes" approach to stories?

Glad Abe is with Paulina. I hope she tells him about her medical condition.

I liked the scene between Nicole and Chad.

Everyone looked fabu in their New Year's Eve outfits, even though Leo's looked like it could light up.

Is Alex going to propose to Theresa next year? If so, she will say yes. But when the truth is revealed about him not being Victor's son (which I hope is soon), she will break off the engagement, this we know.

Shockingly, the Bistro party has more than 10 people
Bistro filled with people yet no EJ at the house, Nicole is left calling for him.
Everyone stops as a figure whips around in a hooded cape
Another of Re-Ron's favorite things, a caped person arrives in a hooded cape. Not quite cute, but quite predictable
True about Tripp being safe in China from Clyde's goons, or does Clyde's reach extend that far?
Yep, Clyde's reach is worldwide if da plot calls for it.

Thanks ShaunP for covering for me this holiday season.

As an aside, I don't recommend watching a full week of the show back to back to back.

I really like Johnny & Chanel. Always did.

How old is Victoria? Is she not older that doll in blanket? I hope Sarah & Xander get back together. And she's less I'm perfect and you suck. I always liked them.

Why are they making Holly a druggie? Foaming at the mouth can't be good.

Glad Chad saw Everett & Stephanie kissing. Can't believe Everett caved so fast and rehired Leo.

Doll-in-Blanket is used as a stand-in for babies and toddlers until they can no longer get away with it. They even used a wrapped up doll as toddler Holly when she was kidnapped one time.

1bcbf1141b81733811a903ab403959c3.jpg

Leo gets kudos for making a major fashion statement with his spiffy cape. All he needed to complete his new look was a top hat, spats, and a cane. He also scored points for getting his column back and mentioning true love Dimitri. (Maybe, he could use his column as a platform for the “Free Dimitri” movement.)

If that was fan-favorite Doll-in-Blanket onscreen today, this talented performer did a fine job being the catalyst for Xander and Sarah playing the role of dedicated parents.

Pity poor Tater Tot. He deserves a nicer girl than Holly. As for Holly herself, she’s a family disgrace. Any daughter of super surgeon Daniel Jonas should be a star student in her AP science classes at Salem High, not insulting the Tot for passing on her drugs or popping tainted pills down at the piers.

Bistro filled with people yet no EJ at the house,
Maybe the bistro was filled with people because they knew EJ wouldn’t be there.

Thanks for the summary, ShaunP and helping out this week.

Stephanie talked to Everett about surprise guests on New Year's Eve. What a letdown that Leo decided to swoop in
with a cape, especially with Stefan watching. Vivian came back to Salem wearing a cape when she brought Stefan O to town.

So, Leo is going to be Lady Whistleblower again. What can he report that Chad will approve and how long will he wait
until he talks about a couple having someone else's baby?

Interesting to learn the drug shipments are brought to the Bistro and someone else takes it. Does the Bistro make
bread or cookies with the flour/sugar and pack with drugs?

Nice to see all the extras at the Bistro for New Year's Eve.

Poor Chad and Brady, they didn't get a New Year's Eve kiss. They can come to my house and give me one. :)

Stefan says one of our soul mates is a slimy dirtbag and walks away.
I enjoy the new Stefan, but he should throw no stones. He's a rapist at the end of the day, he kidnapped his bio-mother and other women, coveted a murderess and even framed the love of his life for murder. He's a glass man in an invisible house.

Back