Days of our Lives Friday, December 31, 2021

Kris10

Reaction score
Ben and Ciara in bed talking about staying in for the holiday after Ben tells her that Doug and Julie invited them over. There's a knock at the door and it's Jake wanting them to come out with him and Gabi to celebrate the holiday. They explain to him about the devil trying to take their baby and he tells them he guesses that is a good excuse to lay low for the holiday and wishes them and baby Weston a Happy New Year.

Chanel and Johnny discuss New Years but he's not feeling well and says she can go out alone, she took vows though and will be staying with him. They discuss that she probably can't avoid Allie forever and that he didn't help matters when Allie reacted by calling her jealous. Johnny says they've always been competetive and he's not sure Allie is over the fact she lost in the competition for Chanel's heart. They discuss Paulina and her buying things for Chanel. Johnny jokes he knew he'd win her over eventually.

Gabi and Sami discuss how and why she's come to believe EJ kidnapped her. Gabi thinks it was stupid of EJ to leave a paper trail that led to him being the kidnapper and Sami feels dumb for believing EJ loves her. Gabi thinks Sami is a wonderful person and she's looked up to her. Gabi says she's probably the last person to give relationship advice as she's made bad choices in the past. They discuss that Jake treats Gabi right. Gabi knows Sami deserves better than EJ Dimera. Sami says she feels weak because she still loves and wants EJ.

Lucas talking to the plaque when Allie walks up and teases him about talking to inanimate objects. Allie tells Lucas to talk to her so he doesn't have to talk to great grandma and grandpa. He tells her that he feels guilty because he had to convince Sami that it was EJ who kidnapped her. They talk about why Sami puts up with EJ. Allie says she'll never forgive EJ for kidnapping her mom. They also discuss Allie's reaction to Johnny and Chanel's marriage. Lucas tells her that she might lose them both if she doesn't accept their marriage.

Tripp is on the phone with Steve after his shift. He runs in to Marlena at the hospital and she apologizes to him for what happened. He knows that it wasn't her but the devil. They talk about how he is now a believer. Marlena admits that while she had no control of what happened, people were hurt. John walks up and joins the conversation, They discuss he and Allie and that they approve of their relationship.

Tripp finds Allie and Lucas in the square. Nicole is babysitting Henry so Tripp and Allie can do something for the holiday. He's got plans to snuggle up at home with a movie, but Lucas encourages them to have a good time.

Ben and Ciara play argue about watching a game or house buying shows. Ciara says she gets One and Half votes since she's pregnant when it comes to choices. Then there is another knock at the door, it's Marlena and John. Ben invites them in. Ciara is a little distant and apologizes but she hasn't seen Marlena since Christmas eve. She is grateful that Marlena is back. Marlena wants to ask for forgiveness, she wants to know if she can do anything for them to make it up. Ben says she doesn't have to do anything, but Ciara wants to know why the devil wanted their baby. John tells Marlena she does not have to if its too hard but Marlena says she wants to tell them but can't, because she doesn't remember what happened. She only sees some images and remembers emotions, but no real memories of what went on. She's sorry to tell Ciara she doesn't know but if she does remember, Ciara would be the first person she comes too. Ben tells her again she doesn't have to apologize that she's done so much for them. Without her, they might not even be together and making a family. Marlena agrees that they'll have a great life with their baby and she's proud of them.

Gabi invites Sami to hang with her and Jake tonight. Gabi even says she will ditch Jake. Sami declines and says she's superstitious and Gabi needs a great kiss at midnight. Gabi wants to know what Sami will do for the night. Sami's big plans are going home ot her mother's and crying into her pillow all night.

Chanel won't let Johnny pick the movie. But he wants her to give it a chance. Then we see Chanel crying on the bed talking about the movie. And there's a knock on the door an it's Allie and Tripp. Allie's there to apologize. She says she was caught off guard and reacted badly. Johnny wants to know if Tripp put her up to it, but he says it wasn't him. Allie says she'd do over by telling them congrats and wants them to have a drink with them so they can drink to Johnny and Chanel's happiness. Chanel jokes that they accept the apology and her booze. They'll meet Allie and Tripp downstairs for the countdown.

Gabi and Jake coming out of the restaurant and discuss the courses of their meal. Gabi tells him she was gonna ditch him for Sami and they discuss that. Gabi gets a text from Shin who's ousted EJ as CEO. They celebrate that.

Lucas sitting at a table alone getting notice of EJ's job loss too. Sami arrives just as he's leaving. Sami tells Lucas that Chad found proof of EJ's guilt and that she's never going back to EJ. Sami says she came to tell Lucas about EJ and that she wants to begin again with him.

Marlena and John and home discussing strawberries and whipped cream in the fridge. Marlena goes to turn on the tv and it's scrambled. Flashbacks to when the devil wanted her to let him in. Marlena says "No. No. Oh dear God, No." John comes back in and says the tv has been doing it for a while but he can usually fix it by adjusting the cable. He notices she looks scared and asks if she's okay. She says she's fine. One minute to go until the ball drop. Marlena says there no place on earth she'd rather be than with him.

Everyone in their various locations counts down and says Happy New Year and Kisses are had.

And then we see Johnny getting dressed in his room and he turns into Devil! Johnny and says "You didn't really think you could get rid of me, did you?"

Why couldn't Satan have gone into the body of one of the Smith Island raccoons? Or the Smith Island Preserve bear?? That would've been something different and unexpected. Imagine a possessed raccoon.

angryrabidraccoon.jpg

Thanks, Kris.

Ben and Ciara need to get a bigger place with furniture besides a bed.

Ben said Peacock doesn't have commercials. They must have premium plus not to have any.

Gabi was correct when she said EJ was dumb leaving a paper trail. EJ would not do that.

Darn, Marlena doesn't remember anything while she was possessed.

Allie told Lucas she won't forgive EJ for kidnapping her mother. Will she forgive Lucas when she finds he was
the one who actually did?

What a shock to see who the devil is possessing now. The other day I wondered which one at the exorcism
would get it. Hopefully, they will be able to figure out quickly it's in Johnny.

Gotta say, that was a humdinger of a surprise ending! yellow eyes & all! Bet Carson Boatman (Johnny) has a field day with this.
However, I am disappointed that Re-Ron is dragging out the devil's shenanigans in Salem. Hopping from one person to another??? I thought it had to be someone weakened or frail in some manner. Who is next? Roman? Jake? Allie? Lucas? EJ? Kate? Gwen?

And then we see Johnny getting dressed in his room and he turns into Devil! Johnny and says "You didn't really think you could get rid of me, did you?"
I can't believe they are going to do this to us! I was looking forward to the new year starting without the presence of the devil. This is SO disappointing. Right now it feels like I can never trust for it to be over.

So we can't just get a nice love story out of anyone I guess. Lucas gets Sami only because of lies. Rafe cheats on his girlfriend and then just tries to go on with her because his real love grows a conscience that somehow tells her it's better to lie to that girlfriend.

Xander and Roman are being lied to so we know what's coming. We get a complete retread story of Chloe and Brady because you're only allowed to date and marry a group of about four people. Starting to wonder how much longer this thing stays on my DVR.

The IIC (idiots in charge) trashed Lucas and Rafe's character.
I at least thought those 2 had morals and ethics. Nope.

We now have Abe, Doug and Roman left as good guys from an era gone by.
Give it time and they will trash the characters of those men also.
Next, we will be seeing Doug cheating on Julie!

Back