Days of our Lives - Friday, December 8, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
41 minutes of painful conversations.

It’s morning a new day.

Pub: Roman tells Tate to take the employee discount. Tate needs to talk about the work schedule. Roman is on his way to meet his grandson. Tate needs tomorrow night off. Roman thinks it's so he can have a date night with Holly Jonas. Tate is confused. As a mother of boys, I can say teenage males are generally confused, so it’s hard to read anything into this.

Sweet Bits free full size sample table: Chanel is giving Holly scones. Two for the road and one because she is trying to apologize for thinking Holly was crushing on Johnny.

DiMera Mansion: Johnny walks in on EJ reading the paper or actually staring off into space mourning. Discussion of the DNA test.

Eric and Sloan’s apartment: Sloan and doll-in-blanket have a conversation, rehashing Dimitri’s part in doll's birth, etc.

Prison meet and greet room: Leo gets to meet with Dimitri in jail because it’s Salem.

Pub: Tate tells Roman that Brady won’t allow him to date. Tate calls Brady a boomer.

Sweet Bits sample table: Chanel tells Holly about Lani’s loss of a child. Along with other stupid conversation.

Prison meet and greet room: Dimitri and Leo discuss Nicole’s baby.

Eric and Sloan’s doll-in-blanket is very squeaky this morning. Sloan has had time to decorate the house for Christmas. She didn’t take maternity leave. Sloan's mom read Alice in Wonderland to her every night. Sloan is lamenting not taking maternity leave, but work is just so crazy at this time.

DiMera Mansion: Johnny and EJ talk about how sorry they are. EJ then puts his foot in it by calling Nicole’s actions erratic of late, just as the woman of the hour walks in. She takes the news well. HA! She gets all cranky pants. The music wants us to feel something, but nope.

Prison meet and greet room: Dimitri tells Leo he took the baby to the hospital, which was full of cops, so he went to Sloan’s, as she is your lawyer, was running out of time, not able to deal with the baby. Dimitri tells of Sloan and Melinda being there when he dropped off the baby.

DiMera Mansion: Nicole and EJ talk after Johnny says he’s sorry for what must be the umpteenth time. Nicole thinks that EJ thinks she might be crazy. EJ is worried about her. Nicole talks of the first time she lost a baby, stealing Sami’s baby. Nicole claims she will be okay. EJ also mourns their lost children. EJ suggests they try again. Just what every postpartum woman wants to hear.

Eric and Sloan’s apartment: Sloan is holding doll-in-blanket and working on the computer. Doll squeaks again. Sloan's also is baking cookies and getting ready for Roman’s visit. Roman arrives, he is instantly in love with his grandson. Reminds Roman of Eric as an infant. Sloan reacts, I think.

Pub: Tate and Holly snark at each other. It’s a stupid conversation, Holly’s mad at Tate.

Sweet Bits free full size sample table: Johnny and Chanel kiss at the Sweet Bits free sample table. They talk about Nicole and babies

Prison meet and greet room: Leo and Dimitri talk about the baby transfer/adoption. Leo’s mind is blown. His words.

Eric and Sloan’s apartment: Roman teases, did you finally name this one? Yes, Jude Roman Brady. Eric hands Jude to Grandpa, Roman holds doll-in-blanket oddly. Sloan plays with her ear.

DiMera Mansion: Nicole is flabbergasted that EJ wants a new baby. Nicole reacts as you would if you had given birth on the side of a road and had your child “die”.

Sweet Bits free full size sample table: Johnny and Chanel continue to talk about his dead baby brother, and Holly and her crushes.

Pub: Holly and Tate continue to argue.

DiMera Mansion: Nicole and EJ talk about miracle pregnancies and holding the baby and how Nicole was wrong. This is a stupid scene but really well acted.

Eric and Sloan’s apartment: Sloan goes to check on the cookies, Eric tells of meeting Nicole outside of the Pub and everything that has followed.

Prison meet and greet room: Leo and Dimitri discuss the big secret. Dimitri wants Leo to use the nugget of information wisely.

Pub: Tate and Holly discuss Holly’s true love Johnny and how he wants her to help plan for his “wedding gagiversary” to Chanel even though they are divorced. In helping him, Johnny will see that Holly is the one for him. But for now Tate must remain her ever loyal beard (fake boyfriend).

Sweet Bits free full size sample table: Johnny stuffs a sweet bits goody in his mouth. Chanel charges him $2 plus tax. They want to get busy but Momma is home and Chez DiMera is a funeral home. So they will wait. Johnny invites her to their 2nd would be anniversary.

DiMera Mansion: More of Nicole and EJ discussing pregnancy, loss of children. How their existing children have a full life. Nicole just wants to feel better. Together they will feel better.

Eric and Sloan’s apartment: Roman enjoys the cookies. He apologizes for not being the most supportive father and father-in-law. Roman thanks Sloan for bringing so much Joy into his son’s life.

Prison meet and greet room: Leo and Dimitri discuss how to best use this information. Dimitri has given up his freedom for Leo make the best of it. After Leo leave the guest room, Dimitri wishes Leo a wonderful life.

Sweet Bits free full size sample table: Chanel thinks Johnny will recreate a dinner they had with gnocchi, tiramisu and wine, followed by more wine, followed by a walk in a beautiful garden. Johnny says in December??? More playful banter.

Pub: Tate and Holly continue the entire stupid how to break up Chanel and Johnny conversation. Tate thinks it’s a stupid plan. Tate wants something in return, he wants a date with Holly, a real one. Dude, she’s in love with Johnny.

Eric and Sloan’s apartment: Eric and Sloan discuss how supportive of their relationship Roman has become. Sloan leaves for work, Eric picks up his phone, he listens to the missed call. It’s from the attorney handling the adoption (of the baby they didn’t get but Eric doesn’t know about that one). The attorney is apologizing for the adoption falling through, he is sorry they didn’t get the baby. He asks Sloan what is he talking about?

DiMera Mansion: Nicole is going to take a bath, lie down for a while, or take a walk. EJ is going to take Nicole out to dinner for a bite. Nicole picks up the tablet. She misses Lady Whistleblower. The door rings, it’s Leo.

Yes, but we know that won't happen. Though Leo is having hard time with it.

I cannot believe that Nicole didn't insist they use HER DNA.

Tate, why do you want to go out with Holly who is trying desperately to steal her step-brother (yes Holly, it is cringy) from Chanel?

I really like Nicole & EJ. To me, so much better than Eric.

Thanks, robin.

Interesting that Roman thinks Jude looks like Eric when he was a baby.

EJ is the jerk today talking to Nicole about having another baby.

So, Eric found out from other lawyer the adaption was cancelled. What will Sloan do?

Will Leo tell Nicole her baby is alive? Too bad the DNA test was done already with the wrong dad.

Leo will want to, but will probably initially back off and not tell.

Sloan will lie thru her teeth, making up some story, about how the parents changed their minds, or the they found another baby, or this was a private adoption, blah, blah. And of course, Eric has become a stupid idiot, who is unable to check up on things himself, won't question Sloan, despite the oddities and coincidences.

I thought Jason47 would have posted this here by now, but there is a bit of news about Days, but I noticed today there were no writing credits listed at the end of the show. So evidently after the absence of script writers at beginning of week, today ended the listing of breakdown writers.

Jason47 has indicated only 2 writers now remain, Carlivatti & Ryan Quan, & probably both will only be around this month, and then come the non union writers, whose work we will be seeing until late spring. Hang in there, folks, we are probably in for a bumpy ride.

If there’s a way to get the truth out while freeing his beloved Dimitri, Leo will spring into action. Even slimy shyster wouldn’t be able to stop them

Roman harping too much on how he baby looks just like Eric might give Sloan something else to fret about. A nervous breakdown would be a positive development.

Finally, too many people are chowing down on Chanel’s baked goods. A scene showing a mass rush to the Pub’s restrooms would be a good follow-up.

This was mentioned somewhere on the board, about no writing credits being shown after the episodes. I can't remember where, though.

Kat, do you remember where that post was?
I posted Tweet in Monday's (Dec 4 ) summary topic about the script writers not showing because of the strike. I don't
remember where Jason posted since not in that topic. There was tweet today saying all names gone except for ReRon.

The bakery tasting table has me completely torn. My first reaction is always why do they carry on like this table thing makes any sense but then I think at least someone actually goes to work. Occasionally. I can't believe they came up with a let's start a bakery story line and it's still a thing but they can't give them a set. They turned the one hotel room into a newspaper office just by putting up office walls. LOL Just take out the desks and add a counter.

I really hope this is the start of something good with Leo. And wouldn't it be hilarious if the writers strike gives us better stuff.

Would love for Leo to tell Nicole the truth on Monday’s episode. They can then hatch a plan to redo the DNA test…or Nicole will probably kidnap Jude and go on the run until she can repeat the DNA test in another city…or another state far from Salem! Then return with proof that Jude is her son. But with that information will also come that EJ’s DNA did not match Jude’s. What will she do with this information? Will she stay with EJ? Will she also try to test Jude’s paternity to confirm Eric is the father?
Could it be possible Eric and Nicole and Jude will all be together Christmas night in some cozy mountain lodge and reconnect on a romantic level- emotional about the news of sharing a son? Then after sleeping together Nicole returns home to EJ - having to decide how to tell EJ their son is alive….but he is her son…and not his. I can feel the drama of these scenes…I have watched Days too long!

I'm hoping Leo drops it next week too. I lean towards them wanting the drama to come from the EJ side of it but I can't quite figure out how that gets dragged out. How do they waste time without anyone registering that EJ wasn't a match? It is Salem so I guess they could just assume incompetence and go on with life until the baby needs a lifesaving DNA involved organ transplant/exorcism that only his real dad can do after dumping another wife and rejoining the priesthood.

Back