Days of Our Lives - Friday, February 2, 2024

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
45 minutes of pigs fly and Robo Cop and sex.

Marlena and John discuss a great dinner that was delivered warm to their place. They discuss how delightful the silence is as Brady bursts through the door complaining about his day. John goes to get him a nonalcoholic beer. Brady can’t believe that with everything going on in John’s world he got beer for his son. John’s a great dad and Brady isn’t, per Brady.

Sarah and Xander are having dinner with Maggie and Konstantin. Xander says nope, I will not be eating dinner with that man.

Maggie bursts into Konstantin's room saying let’s go. Konstantin was fondling the Pawn card.

Ava is reading a smutty romance novel OUT LOUD, as Stefan arrives with her sushi delivery. Stefan came to Ava’s to drink with her. He’s already three sheets to the wind. (drunk)

Stephanie arrives at Everett’s room; she has a lame excuse for dropping in unannounced. She’s lost an ear bud. The room was cleaned and made up by the magic hotel staff. Stephanie grills Everett on where he's going.

Marlena and Brady continue to talk about how great a father Brady is. Theresa is coming over; they have to sign a consent form for Tate. They have to do it physically because some tech savvy kid hacked the system. Theresa arrives and apologizes for messing up John and Marlena’s evening. She gets all weepy about missing her son.

Maggie and Konstantin continue a conversation from above. Maggie says grow some, bud, if you want to be part of Salem because Xander going to be part of Sarah’s life. Konstantin assumes this means Maggie wants him to be part of hers.

Stephanie demands to know where Everett is going? He is vague. She claims that now that she has her ear bud she can go. Everett asks her to stay.

Ava eats sushi in front of Stefan, who teases her about her smutty romance novel reading. Did you know that Stefan misses Gabi? He calls Harris Robo Cop, perhaps the best thing out of this conversation. They annoy each other. Yet they remain talking.

Brady signs the paperwork; Theresa takes it and starts to leave to take the paperwork to the post office. In front of his parents, Brady asks Theresa how she's doing? John and Marlena sense tension and leave them. Theresa grills Brady on if he told them about her slip?

Xander does the soap opera open-the-door-to-people bit. He has on his coat and is leaving. Maggie wants to know where he is going and the answer better be to the store. Konstantin smirks like a Cheshire cat. Maggie refuses to understand why Xander and Konstantin can’t put up with each for her?

Maggie walks in and goes to see Sarah and Victoria. Konstantin compliments Xander on his wonderful home. Xander says cut the chitchat, I want to tell you about Maggie, she’s a wonderful person. Konstantin tells Mr. Cook he is getting weary of defending himself. Konstantin claims to not be the man Xander thinks he is. Xander “oh mys” did I just see pigs fly? Soap stares between Xander and Konstantin.

Drunk romance central (Ava and Stefan), they are playing a stupid game and they are out of wine. Yet there is another bottle. They decide to get hammered.

Everett and Stephanie each have a busy day tomorrow so she must go. Everett talks of holding her and falling asleep with her in his arms. Stephanie remembers getting sick eating oysters, she doesn’t remember that one fondly. It’s a creepy conversation, with strong stalker feelings from Everett.

Theresa is very upset that Brady told Marlena about her slip. She goes through the list of people that now could know of her slip. Theresa looks around and asks if Brady remembers when they had a townhouse? Theresa then goes into a story of popping over to borrow something, maybe eggs, and it was very clear that she was interrupting something. In the middle of the afternoon!! I guess I should have called?

Brady tells Theresa she should have called and I bet you learned your lesson. Theresa does love the way John and Marlena look at each other. She thinks Brady somewhat wishes that they could have been the next John and Marlena.

Everett talks, Stephanie takes off her coat, she decides to drink lots of overpriced little liquor bottles and room service. Everett keeps talking, Stephanie wants to end the “friendzone” thing.

Drunk central, Ava now talks of her love for Harris and how when they returned from London, it was the happiest she had ever been. They are moving from wine to tequila shots with wine washers, singing and dancing? It happens they spill on Stefan, who strips while Ava goes to get a shirt from Tripp's room. She returns with a pink robe, Stefan refuses to wear a lady-robe. He tries to sit on the couch but his pants are wet, so he takes them off and sits on the couch.

Stephanie wants the rum bottle, she consumes it all, as does Everett. They sit on the bed and Stephanie yada yadas about how great it was in Seattle. And how great the sex was. They apparently had sex everywhere. Stephanie gets up, turns the light off and walks over to Everett, telling him she wants sex now. He obliges her needs.

Brady says he doesn’t think he could have been the next John and Marlena, they set the bar too high. He tells Theresa that they weren’t a great couple, they were more like addicted to each other. But Brady remembers some really nice times too. But that was then and this is now.

Dinner has come and gone; the table is cleared at the Cook/Horton house. Maggie compliments the dinner, Konstantin tells Xander he is very lucky to have Sarah in his life. Sarah tells Konstantine if you are talking about dinner, that was all Xander. He spent the afternoon preparing this meal. Maggie asks where did you learn to cook? Xander learned to cook from his mom, she said the greatest thing to remember about cooking is patience. Maggie tells Xander she was a wise woman.

Maggie asks how old were you when you left Edinburgh? Konstantin says you're Scottish? I only know of you from when you “worked” for my father in Greece. Really, dude?? The accent isn’t Greek, but then again neither is yours. But please continue. Konstantin has always found Scottish people to be cold, harsh and miserly. Konstantin goes on about how Greek he is, and how he learned how to a man’s man.

Xander goes on and on about a man's man, claiming a man’s man wouldn’t try to get warm with his best mate’s widow to get her money, among other man’s man stuff. Konstantin says you have underestimated me, then tells Maggie it’s time to go, but Maggie refuses and tells him to order a car and she will see him at home. Konstantin leaves and Maggie remains at the table while Sarah and Xander soap stare at each other.

Konstantin pulls the Pawn card, mutters "these people, this town" and wanders off.

Xander apologizes to Maggie. She says no, what was I thinking, I never should have brought him here.

John and Marlena come in to say goodnight. Theresa apologizes for her slip. She is going to meetings daily and is trying to get her life together. John gets a text. He leaves and walks Theresa out.

Maggie apologizes for bring Konstantin over. Xander says his Greek side and his Scottish side just slammed into each other, Maggie goes to kiss Victoria goodbye. Sarah digs into Xander about being rude. Xander does feel sorry but he doesn’t trust Konstantin.

Drunk central with lady-robe Stefan, and now for some reason Ava is in her jammies too. Ava tells Stefan to go bye bye. Stefan then gets into the entire hot oil story as he moves closer. And they get busy, as Ava does a voiceover from her smutty book, “She clung to him, breathing in heavy gasps as they both moved towards the edge of pleasure."

Meanwhile, the similar adult activity is happening in Everett’s room with Stephanie.

Brady sits and ponders his life. Marlena is going to turn in. She is glad they are getting along these days. Brady wants to watch a movie, maybe Casablanca. A romance movie? Marlena asks.

John is in the secret park as Konstantin appears. They talk and Konstantin pulls the pawn card out of his pocket.

and Robo Cop and sex.
My eyes first read this as Robo Cop sex and I wondered exactly what that entailed??? :rotfl:
And they get busy, as Ava does a voiceover from her smutty book, “She clung to him, breathing in heavy gasps as they both moved towards the edge of pleasure."
:sick::sick::sick:

Sarah wasn't really mad, she was smirking when Xander was going at Konstantin, she was just worried about her mom being upset.

Xander showed a lot of restraint given this jerk is in his home, attacking his heritage, assuming the little lady does all the cooking, and never shuts up talking about himself. I'm glad somebody finally said to his face, in front of Maggie, exactly what he is doing. I want Xander and Steve to compare notes.

John looks like crap for somebody who has not actually had anything happen to him. Yet. I'm sure that Konstantin will be flashing that pagoda card and making him into his pawn soon

A lot of alcohol in this episode, and some things I wish I could unsee (I'm talking about you, pink lady robe Stefan)

Stop! Please just stop with the Stefan and Ava garbage. I am hoping this is just her or him imagining. But if not, he loves Gabi. I know she's locked up but he should wait for her.

Well, Stephanie has slept with Everett. Time for his really bad to come out.

Yay Maggie! Love that she told Konstantin to call a car. Surprised, but loved it.

The nerve of that useless Konstantin to insult the Scottish people. It’s too bad that Xander didn’t have a Braveheart-type Scottish two-handed Claymore sword handy. The very sight of it would have sent the grifter fleeing into the night without the energy to then harass poor John.

Instead of insulting the Scots, the Greek creep might have tried to impress by actually wearing a tie to dinner. If he didn’t own a decent tie, Ben surely could have lent him a used one.

What a treat for the viewers — Zero and Ava getting soused on wine and then doing their best imitation of the Fallen Father Eric and the badly overheated Sloan. (Biboo would not have been impressed.) Then if that wasn’t enough, there was the sight of Everett and his beard hitting the sheets with foolish Stephanie. Who thinks up this stuff?

Thanks, robin.

I hit the fast forward button several times watching this episode.

Good for Maggie telling Konstantin to get his own way home.

The Salem Inn needs to get better maid service since Everett found the ear bud under the bed.

I thought it was funny when Stefan called Harris Robo Cop.

Does Xander like to cook since his last name is Cook? He could work at the DiMera mansion since they
always call the cook cook :)

Remember the scab writers are filling in for the regular ones. I don't know why they couldn't move the storylines
along or why the episodes have to be so long?

Zero and Ava getting soused on wine and then doing their best imitation of the Fallen Father Eric and the badly overheated Sloan. (Biboo would not have been impressed.)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We're going to have to start calling Stefan Zero "Liberty Biberty".

okay-i-got-a-crack-outta-this-one-well-done-liberty-biberty-v0-fxauc09rngrb1.png

I don’t think I could stomach watching this episode based on the summary above. I’m ill just thinking of Stephanie being with Everett and his grungy beard.

Stefan is being written way out of character. His being with Ava makes no sense, knowing how much he loves Gabi.

I can’t believe the writers could not write something more creative or realistic for the reason Theresa went to see Brady at the townhouse.

One scene I might watch is when Maggie tells Konstantin to leave and take a car home. I’m curious what her facial expression looked like when she said this. I would love for her to wake up and realize Konstantin is up to no good. Then she can start playing him and trapping him to get rid of him for good.

Thanks for writing this up. Good Lord this was awful. Nobody cares about Konstantin or Maggie being dumbed down for him. No one cares about the Pawn. And nobody, whatsoever, gives a crap about Everett and Stephanie.

Meanwhile, I was disgusted by the Ava-Stefan drunk romp in the sack. With that cheesy smut novel reading in the background. Ugh!

Back