Days of our Lives - Friday, January 20, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marlena refuses to die, EJ comes clean with Stefan0, and now on to a longer summary of the show.

EJ, Stefan and Chloe all chat about Kristen and the fact Rafe and Jada are useless. This is after dinner but before bedtime. EJ shares that while Rafe and Jada were at the DiMansion, Rafe got a call from Brady.

Rafe continues the miranda rights, Kristen is in handcuffs. Kristen says she didn’t murder anyone. Kristen finds out about the recording says yeah, that won’t work, they shove her out of the apartment.

Johnny is at the hospital talking to Uncle Steve. Chanel shows up in a lovely leopard print. Chanel asks if it’s really bad.

John tells Marlena he can’t take her home. Marlena doesn’t want to die in a hospital. She explains her reasons. Marlena tells John there is no time now, John is holding out hope that the ISA will find time.

Chloe tells of holding Kristen at bay, with the poker. Chloe and Stefan0 explain the blackmailing of Brady with the orchid. HOLY COW Kristen’s arrest is already sending out text alerts to people in Salem who are signed up for that sort of thing.

Chanel is two, possibly three, steps behind and is trying to catch up, with Rafe arresting Johnny’s Aunt Kristen. Johnny explains.

Marlena explains to John that he’s been this through this before, with Isabella. Marlena says my odds aren’t any better than hers, so please take me across town. John leaves he is going to try to find a compromise.

Chanel goes to find Allie; she gets a text from Allie. Allie went home to put Henry to bed. Chanel’s 5 minutes of fame are over and she leaves.

John comes out and says he really needs Johnny’s help.

Brady is on the phone with Will they will keep each other up to speed.

Rachel comes out of her room; she wants her mommy. Brady tells her that mommy is in a bit of trouble. She didn’t ask me about taking trip. Brady says mommy has done some seriously bad things. Mommy may have to go back to prison. It’s not your fault.

Rafe and Jada play the tape to Kristen in the all-purpose holding cell. Kristen says that’s not me on that tape. It’s a deep fake it won’t stand up in court. They play the rest of the conversation, the part with Johnny, and Kristen demands her attorney.

The DiMera house - Chloe can’t believe Kristen’s been arrested, she wants a mugshot. Stefan0 can’t believe EJ let Kristen move in. Chloe believes she will sleep very well tonight. Stefan0 and EJ start to play chess. Chloe leaves. Kristen calls EJ to be her attorney. Kristen blackmails EJ into being her attorney.

Marlena’s room - she’s been sleeping and John comes in, he wants to surprise her just once. John is going to take her on the adventure of a lifetime.

Somewhere in Salem on a rooftop in the snow, Johnny is setting up something. Chanel was able to get a display to help. Chanel tells of it being good to be helpful. She also tells Johnny about Sloan Peterson suing her and Mama. Chanel asks about Wendy.

Rachel doesn’t want mommy to go back to prison. She hates her daddy; she wants her mommy. Chloe rings the doorbell.

Rafe brings Jada dinner AND dessert from the pub. They talk about DiMera justice.

Kristen continues to attempt to blackmail EJ who puts the phone on speaker and on the table so she can talk to the both of them.

Chanel and Johnny continue to set up the snow-covered rooftop without the proper clothing to be outside. Johnny explains the Li Shin thing. Johnny tells Chanel that he and Wendy still want to be friends. Chanel falls off a chair into Johnny’s arms, close looks between them.

Jada tells Steve to not worry, they’ve got this. Rafe tells of Steve and Kayla falling in love when they were really young. Jada can’t believe someone would be so cruel.

Chloe stops by Brady’s. Brady explains things. Chloe tries to be sympathetic.

EJ baits Kristen to tell the truth, she refuses. EJ says oh heck with it and the tells Stefan0 that he, EJ, knew about Li brainwashing Stefan0 and that it would serve EJ better if he didn’t tell Stefan0. Stefan0 is not happy with this information. EJ claims that he knew about it after the fact. EJ tells that after they pulled off the coup and took over the company, Li explained to EJ what had been done. EJ kept it to himself, so Stefan0 wouldn’t vote against him. That doesn’t really make Stefan0 happy. It was business deal for EJ, personal for Li and Kristen. EJ plays this as the victim in this affair.

John brings Marlena up to the snow-covered roof top. Johnny hits the lights, it’s beautiful? Well Marlena thinks it’s beautiful. John asks, what do you do, drive around with this stuff in your car? Johnny says well, you never know when you will need it. (a projector, strings of lights, portable patio outdoor heaters) John asks Marlena if she’s okay with this. He can rush her downstairs. They kiss.

Chloe and Brady continue to talk, Brady tells of almost losing Marlena how they can only treat the symptoms. Brady beats up on himself. It’s a well-deserved beating. Chloe hugs Brady, Rachel storms in.

John has moved Marlena from the wheelchair and to the bench. They have strawberries and whipped crème. One is enough. John picks up the remote, and starts a slideshow. It’s wonderful but short.

Johnny and Chanel are now inside the hospital. Chanel says I see where you got your romantic side. Johnny says he could read Marlena eyes, Marlena knows what’s coming.

Chloe, Rachel and Brady talk - fill in your own words.

Rafe and Jada come to the all-purpose interrogation room. Kristen doesn’t have an attorney. They offer a public defender. Rafe needs a statement before booking and holding cell. They want to know about Li Shin, Kristen tells them to take murder off the table and she’ll talk.

Stefan0 is trying to figure out why everyone in his family thought it would be a great idea to brainwash him. Stefan0 and EJ work through their issues. Stefan0 wants to be co-CEO’s so EJ will fire Li in the morning as he has become a liability and the brothers will rule together. Stefan0 talks to the chess board after EJ leaves. EJ will never see Stefan0 coming. (bwhahahaha)

Brady apologizes for Rachel. Chloe says that’s okay, her mother is a psychopath, I have no idea what this conversation was about. Other than Chloe says this is the universe saying we shouldn’t be together.

Kristen won’t write down anything. Rafe says he’d do whatever it takes to get a lighter sentence.

Cute Johnny and Chanel scene. They agree to be friends.

More of the slideshow. How many weddings have John and Marlena had?? Marlena has passed out on John’s shoulder. He feels for a pulse with his ungloved hand. (Well, that ought to restart her heart)

I always like Johnny and Chanel. I still don't really believe Allie is gay. To me it doesn't fit.

EJ thank goodness it's finally it and he won't defend Kristen! They better not give her immunity. Though Stefan may have some revenge planned. I love seeing the portrait of Stefano! He will always be part of the show.

Rachel has been well taught by mommy. That child is going to a nightmare. And no Chloe, it is not the universe saying you and Brady shouldn't be together, it is a super bratty child.

Would be sad if Marlena actually died but I do not believe any of these women are actually dead.

Thanks, Robin. Have to say, I just loved EJ calling Kristen's bluff, telling Stefan the story himself, trying to make amends. He was so glad Stefan forgave him, but alas, now Stefan plans to stab EJ in the back. Hope he changes his mind, realizes this all is only because of Kristen.

And she was pathetic in her attempts to lie her way out of was really, a hopeless situation. They had the goods, she went too far, and of course, she claims she is innocent of any wrongdoing.

So, Johnny & Chanel decorate the hospital rooftop so John can bring Marlena up for an "adventure, watching slideshow of pics of John & Marlena thru the years. Am glad Marlena brought up Isabella, John taking her to Venice to die, etc. Thus, Marlena did not want Venice, just cross town.......(that is where home was, but John could not take her from the hospital, thus Johnny & Chanel to the rescue on the rooftop. )

As to Rachel (gosh, that little actress is so good, lol) Kristen did a good job of brainwashing her, didn't she? And now, Brady's daughter hates him, and of course, Chloe, no idea how she will come round, if ever. There no longer is a wise Caroline, Alice, to talk to her, and Marlena is in no condition to do anything, being near death's door.

Again........John was just fabulous!!

Thank you, Robin, wonderful job!

I was curious about the child actress portraying Rachel now and looked her up. Finley Rose Slater will turn 8 later this month. Here is the history behind all the child actresses who played Rachel:

In November 11, 2019, the twins Josephine and Rosalind May were cast as Rachel Black/Mackenzie Horton, during the time jump.

During the flashback episode in January 2020, the triplets Emma, Kate and Miller Kamienski took over the role as Rachel Black/Mackenzie Horton as a newborn.

In May 2020, the twins Josephine and Rosalind May will be temporally leaving Days during the week of May 11th with her character's mother, Kristen. They returned to the series September 3, 2020.

In October 2021, Rachel was recast and aged with child actress Finley Rose Slater.

Getting back to today's show, although Johnny and Chanel married too quickly, I liked them together. Before Johnny was possessed, they had a good relationship. I do not like Chanel with Allie.

That last scene on the roof with John and Marlena was very well done and emotional, regardless of our believing Marlene will be back on Earth. Poor Marlena could barely eat one bite of the strawberry. She looked authentically ill (good job, makeup department), but still beautiful to me. The chemistry between Deidre Hall (Marlena) and Drake Hogestyn (John) is off the charts.

Sami will pitch a fit if she ever gets there and finds out it is too late.

I also like the chemistry between Rafe and Jada, at least as partners/friends. I am sure it will go sideways if they ever explore romance, despite "the rules of Salem PD."

EJ did the right thing to stop Kristen's blackmail, but now, despite Stefan saying he forgave EJ, we will watch and wait for Stefan's revenge.

Agree about loving Stefano being part of the show when his kids look at his painting/refer to him.

Good show today. They need to keep up the momentum.

Last edited:
It has been hard for me to watch these "dying" scenes......and today......well, my hubby said those same words Marlena said today.....when the 911 team arrived, he kept saying, he did not want to die in the hospital, he wanted to die in his own bed. I choked up listening to her today.

Chloe is probably happy she doesn't have a kid to muck up her relationships. Oh wait. Well, maybe she should tell Brady to just send Rachel to wherever her son is to fix these complications.

I've decided I like them using a green screen because it gives them more options. And if it's sort of poorly done it kind of amuses me so a win either way.

Thanks, robin.

I wish they could have shown John and Marlena's slideshow scenes all together without other parts of the show. I started
tearing up seeing Tom and Alice in the pictures. Then they went somewhere else in Salem.

I can't believe Rafe is talking to Kristen about getting a lighter sentence. That's a big problem for me. Kristen needs to
go directly to jail.

Today Chloe touched the poker and now her fingerprints are on it again.

Interesting what EJ did with Kristen and telling Stefan what he did. They both agreed Stefano would approve of
their being co-CEOs.

Why did John think it was ok for them to go on the roof with Marlena so sick?

We learned from Chanel several store owners gave things since they knew Marlena.

According to Google, John and Marlena were married six times. The last time 2018. It was interesting to see the pictures
in the slide show. I have a lot of the early ones in my collection when I used to make banners.

The thing is, Kristen is responsible for the deaths of 2 women, might be 3, but if not, attempted....

Whatever her eventual plan, or delayed intention, the fact is she is guilty of blackmail, intent to deceive, and homicide. People are dead because of her actions, people are sick and dying because of her, family of those are grieving and suffering because of her. She should be put away, but better yet, Clyde needs to return, run into her, literally, knife in hand.

Actually, would rather Kristen just suddenly die, let's have a murder mystery, a well deserved death, let the cops be their usual bumbling selves, never find out, (tho we know) & the culprit end up in jail or something due to something entirely unrelated.

Rachel is so suddenly old, I'm pretty sure she must actually be the spawn of downtrodden Eric from when Kristen raped him. She jumped to 6-ish (actress will be 8 as noted above) when she was born in the mythical missed Mother's Day of 2020.

She's not even 3 yet. Tater Tot must be 10 or so by that logic.

I always like Johnny and Chanel. I still don't really believe Allie is gay. To me it doesn't fit.
Allie is bisexual, not lesbian. I agree, though, that she's being wasted with Chanel. I initially liked them together, but it's gotten boring and I think they're better as friends. I wouldn't mind Chanel with Johnny again, although I also enjoy him with Wendy.

The show today was good. Rachel is definitely a brat but the actress is superb. The John-Marlena scenes were great.

I'm glad Kristen lost her leverage over EJ. Stefan's revenge better be good! At least EJ will have the devious Nicole by his side to help him out.

I feel so bad for Brady and Chloe about what happened with their relationship. But I definitely also enjoy Chloe with Stefan anyway. I hope the writing for them can be decent going forward.

Fie on Stefan Zero for turning one of the most remarkable events in Salem history into an excuse for an another cheap revenge plot. Doesn’t he realize how amazing it was that EJ confessed to wrongdoing and apologized? And is he aware that DiMera revenge plots, even those hatched by the Phoenix himself, didn’t go well. If he needs evidence, he should ask around about the ill-fated DiMera vendetta against the Bradys.

Back