Days of Our Lives - Friday July 1, 2022

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tissues for the long goodbye… the really long goodbye

Lani and Paulina in the all-purpose interrogation room discussing the blackmail on Trask. Paulina says it was her mother duty to protect her daughter.

Julie is going to dress the twins. Eli mopes at a wedding picture. Rafe appears at the door. There is a problem with Lani’s deal.

Kristen in a jail cell!!!!!, she has a visitor, Brady has come to see her.

Rafe says Lani’s problem is with the prisoner they have in custody??? Like this make sense.

Kristen had hoped that Brady would bring Rachel to visit her.

XANDER!!! His favorite ex-wife walks by. Chanel walks by. Sarah comes in yelling and grabs a knife to attack Chanel thinking she’s Kristen DiMera.

Kristen asks Brady if he came by to insult her. Brady wants to know if Kristen framed him for Philip's death. Kristen nails it if Philip is alive, he may come for Chloe.

More Mommy Daughter Time with Lani and Paulina, tears and wavery voices

Theo and Abe at the pub. Theo thinks he shouldn’t leave today. Abe tells him that he has to live his life. They talk about finding out about Lani not really being his “real” sister. Abe is blessed to have real children, Lani and

Lani can’t go to Statesville because of Vivian Alamain. Vivian has made it clear that Lani will be on her hit list. They are going to send Lani to another facility. All of them are out of state. Eli gets to pick one.

Xander takes the knife and tells Sarah that it’s Chanel not Kristen. Sarah apologizes, Chanel says no worries and leaves. Sarah collapses into a puddle of tears in Xander’s chest.

Kristen picks at the Chloe scab with Brady. Kristen tells Brady that she’s not giving up. Brady tells Kristen that he will NEVER as in NEVER let Kristen back into his life (meaning by Christmas they will be back together again, right?)

Theo thinks that his mom’s side of the family is far from traditional. Theo loved his NoNo. They need to leave the pub so they can see Lani.

More Mommy Daughter time.

Rafe and Eli have figured out the Lani situation off screen. Rafe hates it but he will see if he can make it work. Julie comes in she’s dressed the kids. Eli has to talk to Julie, he asks her to sit. Eli tells Julie that Lani can’t go to Statesville. Julie’s heart will break in two if Eli and the twins aren’t close.

Brady and Kristen again. Brady tells Kristen that even in here (prison cell) you are torturing her.

Rafe tells Sarah and Xander that Kristen is in Salem.

Eli tells Julie that there is a facility a 30-minute drive from his mother’s house in Maryland and Rafe is going to see if he can get Lani moved to that facility. Julie asks about Eli’s Job. Eli says that a good cop can always find work. That may be true, but Eli you’re not a good cop. Julie is upset, she didn’t think she’d be losing Eli and the twins too.

Abe comes into the all-purpose interrogation room. He wants Lani to sign some papers before she goes. They are adult adoption papers. Abe says you are my daughter in every way that counts.

Brady thanks Kristen for giving Sarah a dose of drugs. Brady says that fits you can’t take responsibility for your actions. (Coming from Brady HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA) Brady brings out a Valentine that Rachel made for her mother. He held on to it so he could give it to her. After they transfer Kristen to Statesville they will chat again.

Sarah wants to chat with Kristen. Xander isn’t sure it’s a good idea. Crazy Sarah goes off to see Kristen saying that there will be bars and guards protecting Sarah from Kristen. Xander mutters under his breath but what about what you can do to Kristen?

Julie and Eli chat about traits of Eli’s father. David’s slow wonderful smile, the way he loves. Julie talks about her son David and how short his life was cut short. It’s a nice conversation. Julie then says she wants to lock him in a box and keep him forever. But she knows he’s made the right decision.

Chanel runs into Theo at the police station. Theo tells of the adoption papers. Chanel and Theo pinkie swear they are family. Lani signs the papers. Lani tells Paulina that Tamara will be mom but now Paulina will be her mother.

Eli isn’t ready to go to the police station he wants to spend more time with the woman he loves and admires. Eli puts on a record, Julie and Eli share a dance. Julie promises to be the house guest from hell, they will be the guests that never leave.

Lani and Paulina talk Mommy love. Hugs and I love yous

Sarah comes in to chat with Kristen. Amazing the cells are as protected as the all-purpose interrogation room.

Chanel offers congrats. Eli asks what happened. They explain the adoption. Then Eli tells his news. They are moving to DC. Paulina says it’s so far? (WHAT? Nothing is far from Salem) Paulina wants 15 minutes with Vivian. Eli says as entertaining as that would be, nope.

Sarah chews out Kristen. Sarah hopes they never let Kristen out.

Rafe is sorry to lose two of his finest. (HAHAHAHA) Lani says if she starts to get worn down, she will ask herself what would Julie do? Julie thinks that’s a good idea, she wants to make that a Salem rule. The goodbyes continue. The twins magically appear so we can say goodbye to them too. Jules has some hair for an 18-month-old. She is really cute. They look much bigger than 18-months. Eli takes Lani by the hand and walks her to transport. The Carver/Price clan waves goodbye.

Thank you Robin, good job. The show did a nice job of farewells among the Carver/Price families. I liked That Eli got his own time with Julie, even a dance.....! Good luck finding a place to live in DC, Eli. It all was a nice sendoff. Could have done without Kristen, & also Sarah threatening people with a knife. But, guess that was a peek at things to come.

Thank you, Robin! Great job!!

A flight from Illinois to Maryland is under two hours, so pretty doable. Jules and Carver are absolutely adorable.

Love Abe adopting Lani. He has always been one of my favorite characters. Just hope he continues to have a story line and does not disappear from the screen.

Sarah needs serious help. She can't go on like this. She should also know better than to be nasty to Kristen. Being behind bars will not keep Kristen down. She can get revenge even if not free to do it herself.

Agree about not liking Brady going to see Kristen. Do blondes REALLY have more fun? Not right now, they don't.

I have to say they at least came up with a reasonable excuse for Lani and Eli leaving. I didn't expect it to be to another state but I guess I should have realized a prison called Statesville meant there was only one in the state. :)

Having lived there, guarantee you there is more that just one prison in Illinois. And yep, one is called Stateville. LOL (there are 28). Currently, Also 3 Maximum security prisons, plus some federal prisons. The one closest to Chicago, that I remember being talked about was Joliet State prison.. Not too far from Chicago. It closed in 2002, but they actually conduct tours of it now. Yes you need a ticket!
And these days they are called correctional facilities, as in Stateville Correctional Facility.......and no, there is no s after the word State in that name. LOL

Thanks, robin.

I almost needed tissue today.

Will JJ move back in his apartment since Lani and Eli are leaving? Or will someone else move there?

It's too bad Sarah didn't grab Kristen's Valentine and tear it up.

What's Rafe going to do now he doesn't have any detectives to help him out

Sarah was wearing summer clothes today.

I'm glad the actors had a nice send off instead of just disappearing like some people do in Salem.

I'm glad the writer had Abe adopt Lani after making him not her bio dad. I didn't realize you could adopt
people after they were 18.

Nice touch with Julie and Eli dancing to one of David's records.

I laughed when Eli told Rafe he would be easy for him to get a job anywhere since he's a good cop.

I wasn't surprised Eli is moving close to his mom, but surprised Lani could go there too.

It was funny when Paulina said she would go after Vivian.

It's too bad Sarah didn't grab Kristen's Valentine and tear it up.
I honestly expected that to happen and actually had started writing the sentence as I was watching... but it didn't happen
I'm glad the writer had Abe adopt Lani after making him not her bio dad. I didn't realize you could adopt
The first I had heard of it was Boston Law when the William Shatner character adopted the James Spader character so they could be together forever legally.

Thanks for the write-up. This was a decent way to close out a decent week. I'll be sad to see Eli and Lani leave, but they do need a fresh start (and to flee from the awful writers).

Why would Brady even bother going to see crazy Kristen? I hope the writers don't try to toss them back together, as they seem to be attempting with Nicole and Eric. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm so tired and bored of Sarah. Send her off-screen, and let Chanel end up with Xander if she can't be with Tripp. This is getting ridiculous.

The first I had heard of it was Boston Law when the William Shatner character adopted the James Spader character so they could be together forever legally.
It's been done by wealthy people who had no children, so they had an heir to leave their assets to when they died.

It was also done by gay couples before same sex marriage was legal, so in the event one would become sick/injured and hospitalized, the other one could legally see them and make decisions about their care.

Sarah comes in yelling and grabs a knife to attack Chanel thinking she’s Kristen DiMera.
If she's going to hallucinate, why not have it be an attack against Jennifer or someone? Why must it always be against someone involved with Xander? This needs explaining.
(meaning by Christmas they will be back together again, right?)
Pretty much.
Julie is upset
Surely Scotty and Faith have reproduced by now.

I've been critical of the stupid Lani/Paulina story, but they ended it correctly. I also like that they didn't have her immediately start calling her "mom" etc like all the newfound Dimeralings do.
wealthy people who had no children
It's also somewhat popular - although I think illegal - among titled but cash-poor European royalty, who adopt rich adults to pass a title to them. They're not supposed to pay them for it, but it may be hard to track. (Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband who claimed to have fathered Anna Nicole Smith's baby did this.)

Back