Days of Our Lives - Friday, Nov. 14, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Friday, November 14, 2008

Episode #10,955 Director – Noel Maxam

Nicole comes running downstairs in the shortest dress I have ever seen on a pregnant woman, lol. Her car coat covers it completely. She runs into EJ, is surprised as she thought he had left for work. She has a pre-natal appt., & EJ thinks it is more important than work, and wants to come along. Later we see them in the examining room, and in comes that master of all kinds of medicine, Dr. Jonas. Seems he is “consulting” on her case, (tho there is no other OBGYN doc around) He asks if she has felt flutters, yep, a lot, asks a few questions, pronounces all is well. Says next appt. is in a month, and will be an ultra-sound, and they probably will be able to tell the sex. Do they want to know. He leaves, Nicole & EJ talk it over, he doesn’t want to know, she does, feeling that like the Boy Scout motto, Be Prepared, is best. But they decided to pick two names, and not know the baby’s sex. EJ gets a phone call, leaves the room, making it easy for Nicole to ask Dr. Jonas whether it is o.k. for them to have sex, being she had that scare a few weeks ago. Sure! EJ returns, Daniel leaves, EJ follows him out, asking the very same question. Later, we see Nicole & EJ returning home, all happy and giggly, and then kissing, and getting very romantic. EJ suggests they take it upstairs, Nicole tells him to go to his room, she will meet him there in a few, then asks herself , ooh, what shall I wear. As she is about to go upstairs, doorbell rings, she gets it. Ooops, there stands Brady! Hi, Nicole.

Chloe is at the Pub, getting some food to go, rummaging in her purse for her money. A voice behind her says this should cover it. She turns…..it is Brady. She is surprised. He tells her he is fine, been clean for a year, decided to return to Salem now to see all his family and friends. Brady blames himself for his addiction, and for failing her in their marriage. She blames herself, knowing he did not like living in Europe, but she was only concerned with her career. They take turns accepting responsibility for various things, both of them forgive each other. She asks if he saw his dad, he says, yes..then backtracks that he saw John Black, not really his dad. He asks if she is happy taking care of Allie with Lucas….she just says she & Lucas get along well. She mentions Nicole, Brady is surprised she is back in Salem, Chloe tells him that actually, she & Nicole have become friends, that she has changed a lot. They do hugs. Next we see Chloe at the hospital, checking on Kate with Dr. Dan. No visitors yet, but he again tells her that Kate heard what she said to her, and thanks her.

Sami wakes up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Rafe has been up for some time, apparently. She thanks him for not calling his boss and telling of her pregnancy, he looks a bit crestfallen as he says he DID talk to his boss, last night, while she was sleeping. Sami does her usual fly off the handle bit, talking non-stop, not letting him get a word in as he tries to explain, but he finally manages to say he never mentioned her pregnancy, just wanted to check up on her. She is furious, says she will never speak to him again, flounces onto the sofa with arms crossed. He has a bit of news, Nicole Walker is out on b bail, and now Sami flies off the handle again. Her son is living with a murderer, she is gonna call her mom to get him outta there. Rafe stops her, tells her Nicole is no longer the major suspect, but he did not ask who was. Later, Sami is doing dishes, and begins ranting again about Nicole, how she has EJ wrapped around her little finger, calls her a few choice names, yada yada. Rafe is on the sofa, folds his newspaper, as he says he finally realizes what is going on here. What do you mean, Sami asks. Rafe replies…….you still care about him. Sami looks shocked.

Hope is studying the suspect board at the P.D. when Bo comes in. (Any difference between Detective Bo Brady and Commisioner Bo Brady is absolutely non-existent….Bo certainly has not assumed any other responsibilities so far. LOL) Bo comes in, Hope has been thinking about the “tall man” Nicole saw. She contacts one of her snitches, who lets her know that the caretaker, Ray Jackson, may not have been on duty, but has a little side business at the cemetery….seems he steals headstones and grave markers in order to sell the marble. Bo & Hope head down to the Cheatin’ Heart, find Ray at the bar, and set him down at a table for some further questioning. Ray is reluctant, but is convinced to tell them he did see someone there at the cemetery that night. They show him pictures (of all our Salemites) and when he gets to one of Melanie & Nick, he says that is the one who was there. Bo asks him to specifically point out the person he saw, and Ray jabs his finger onto the face of Nick. Cue shocked looks on both Bo & Hope’s faces.

Replay of Melanie looking for paper to write the message from Maggie down, finding the stationery, realizing it matches the note shoved under her door. Camera moves to swinging door, with Nick McCreepy standing there. He asks her what she is looking at, she says nothing at all. He presses, saying he can see something is bothering her, she says no, just a headache, she will go lie down. He offers aspirin, she has some. She begins to leave, he says she forgot her purse. She returns for it, and finally spills all about the stationery, bringing out the note. Nick admits it was him, Melanie begins to sob and cry, he claims he was trying to protect her, she knows he thinks he is in love with her, her brother told her. She begins to talk of how she confided in him, spent her birthday with him, moved in with him, and he was doing this to her. (Have to say, kudos to Molly Burnett here, good job!). She is crying, babbling, as Nick keeps insisting he was only trying to help her, protect her, and what he wrote on the note was true. He was there, he saw what happened. Melanie is taken aback, as Nick goes on, weaving this completely fabricated tale of how he knew she was meeting her father, knew she was upset over Claude, over the way her father treated her, & followed her. He saw her arguing with her father, she had the knife, he turned his back, she stabbed him. Then she fainted or something, and hit her head. Melanie gets hysterical, she cannot believe this, but Nick is insistent. He saw, and ever since he has tried to protect her. He tells her Nicole was let go, Melanie is sobbing and crying, she is going to go to the police. No, she can’t. She knows the cops will probably come looking for her soon, but Nick says he doesn’t think he can lie convincingly to them, he gets too nervous. He tells her to go pack her bags, they are leaving town, going away. Melanie is reluctant, Nick pours it on. She finally agrees, leaves to get her things. Nick breathes a huge sigh of relief.

Barb

Boy, Nick sure has become a really scary guy! He give me cold chills, this is real suspense not that freaky crap that Stefano does in his Lab

Oh, when you see him push open that swinging door, and just stand there, raised goosebumps. I swear I felt like Freddie Krueger was watching her.

And I cracked up (internally) at one point.....when Nick was talking to Melanie, trying to calm her down and explain why he was calling , writing notes, etc. He took hold of her right hand, was holding it down........she had no way to touch her forehead.......:wink:

Barb, great write up and thanks! :) Oh, Nick so gives me the creeps. He's just acting way to weird, and to lie to Mel on top of that considering we saw (read about) his flashback the other day of him stabbing Trent b/c he thought Trent was going to hurt Mel. :rant:

Good grief! :rolleyes: That boy needs a good ole fashion butt spanking.

Boy, Nick sure has become a really scary guy! He give me cold chills, this is real suspense not that freaky crap that Stefano does in his Lab

I thought Nick did some great acting today. I like the dark side he is playing now it actually shows you he is a talented actor.

Nick is played by a really good actor. but I don't think I like this new dark side of Nick. He was such a nice a nice guy... why change it?:idea:

I bet he is having fun with it. Any interviews I see with the stars they like something different that they can sink their teeth into. Lets hope he doesn't stay scary too long. We'll know we're in trouble if his eyes light up green or red.

Nick and Melanie's s/l is the best thing going....!! Both are doing such a great job, so believable.....next week should be super...."No, you did", wow, I got chills...!!!

And will someone just shoot Sami....good lord, does she ever just shut up....??? Her behavior is extremely annoying and out of line, she was even more irritating today than usual.....won't hurt my feelings if Sami doesn't make the cast reorganization cut......

And oh my gosh, EJ and Nicole are back....TALKING....!!!! And oh my gosh again, Nicole is letting EJ make the decision of whether she knows the baby's sex....??? She wants to know and he doesn't, so she caves to him.....??? But when did elevator sex guys get to decide those important things...???? Oh lord, this whole s/l is creeping me out, and not in a good way like Nick's.....!!! And are we supposed to think the "can we have sex" question form both is cute or funny...??? I found it disgusting....could EJ get any more sleazy and Nicole any more stupid....???

But I don't really have any strong feelings about the show one way or the other...!!! :D :D

Back