Days of our Lives - Friday, October 27, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
39 minutes of pain, with two bright spots, flashbacks of very young Steve and Kayla.

Marlena on phone with John. John wants to have dinner with everyone at Grandpa Tim’s tonight. Brady said we can celebrate me getting my daughter back.

Gabi has regrets about this plan. Stefan does too. But instead, they will go ahead full speed ahead. Gabi feels sorry for Rachel because she has a crazy mother. As she continues to upload the videos. The theory is these videos won’t go online.

EJ and Kristen have finished lunch. EJ asks about Kristen’s company shares.

Chad and Stephanie talk about what Steve said. Stephanie admits she wants to get married. Chad reacts with why didn’t you tell me? They talk about this. Stephanie is confused, if you didn’t see marriage in the future Chad, why did you ask me to move in with you? I’m not sure what Chad feels as he looks awkward.

EJ tells Kristen about Dimitri’s shares and how Gabi and Stefan actually got them. Shooting, bleeding.

Gabi and Stefan’s plot moves on.

Brady full of false pride tells Marlena about the plot to get Rachel back. He tells Marlena about the plot to make it appear as if Kristen has been abusing Rachel. Marlena is shocked and horrified.

Gabi and Stefan’s plot moves on. This plot won’t help Brady, per Stefan.

Marlena tries to explain to Brady why this is a horrible idea to have Brady participate. Brady tries to explain why this is a brilliant plan. Marlena explains the facts of life behind this terrible plan to Brady who isn’t listening.

EJ and Kristen stand outside without coats, bare tummies and chat. EJ tells Kristen that if she transfers these damn mythical shares to EJ, she will be protected.

Steve and Kayla chat about Stephanie and Chad, riveting.

Chad and Stephanie have a heart to heart. Chad is clueless about Stephanie’s feelings.

Kristen is chuckling in the square with EJ. They discuss calling a shareholder’s meeting. OH, HOW LUCKY we views will be with all these bozos voting as to who will lead a company. Kristen won’t commit.

Steve and Kayla discuss their oldest child. Loss of loved ones. Flashbacks of really young Steve thanking Kayla for giving him everything and dying.

Chad thinks it’s all about the costume Stephanie had on earlier. Stephanie knows she will never escape her cousin’s shadow. Stephanie understands, she’s not family. Chad wants leeway. Stephanie is tired of trying.

Brady continues to explain himself. He calls Stefan.

Kristen comes in, interrupting Gabi and Stefan’s talk with Brady. Gabi and Stefan show Kristen the video of Rachel saying Mommy gave her the black eye. Kristen reacts to the video; they show her the other half. Kristen is fuming.

Marlena tells Brady he is wrong to participate in this plan. Brady tells Marlena that Tate called him an absent father. Brady is all pleased with himself.

Gabi and Kristen chat about how horrible this video is. Stefan tells Kristen what’s more important, your voting shares? Or your daughter?

Steve apologizes for leaving Kayla and having her raise their daughter alone. Flashback of when Steve returned home the first time he died. If Chad can’t get over Abigail, then they, Kayla and Steve need to be there for their daughter

Stephanie tells Chad that she won’t make herself small for him. Stephanie has baggage too that Chad has never asked about. NOW Chad wants to know about it. Stephanie was talking about the guy who ghosted her in Seattle. She was falling for the dude in Seattle but when things got serious, he disappeared. Stephanie is worried that Chad is going to do the same thing to her. Chad tells Stephanie he loves her. Stephanie says, yeah, but not as much as your dead wife. She leaves, someone watches Stephanie leave.

Marlena tells Brady about her dropping off candy for Rachel. Brady is 100% positive that Kristen is turning Rachel’s mind against him. Marlena brings up when Kristen first came to town, how Stefano convinced everyone that John was the evil one. No flashbacks of Kristen holding baby Brady, sadly.

Kristen comes in with her shares. Because everyone in that house keeps their shares laying around in their rooms I guess. Gabi tells Kristen that she can keep the dividends from the shares, they don’t want her money, just her voting shares. Stefan tells her that she needs to tell Peter who to vote for too. Once Kristen signs the papers, the sooner the video gets deleted. Kristen thinks maybe she’ll take her chances with the judge.

Kate returns, she FINALLY found a movie the kids wanted to watch out of Roman’s vast collection of westerns and action films, Labyrinth, the David Bowie film. (not a western, and not an action film but a fantasy film) was the pick. Kate asks after Stephanie, only to be told Stephanie is gone. Cue concerned Kate.

Stephanie back at the apartment tries to get in the door, but drops her keys. Finally gets in.

EJ walks into the DiMera drinking room, Kristen is drinking heavily. She tells EJ she had no choice. The demonic duo have her shares.

Stefan and Gabi come to break the news that Brady was double crossed. Brady is not pleased.

Concerned Kate asks what happened, Chad says it was a fight about Abigail.

Stephanie calls her papa. Steve wants to come over right now. Knock on the door, Stephanie tells him not to bother she has trick or treaters. Not trick or treaters but well we don’t find out but Stephanie drops the trick or treat bowl and GASPS…. she GASPS

It really WAS boring........except for the Steve/Kayla flashbacks. My goodness, those two had fabulous writing and terrific chemistry back in the day. Steve struggling to say "I love you, sweetness" as he was taking his last breath, then died. Kayla holding him, kissing his hands. Those were the Days, my friend, we'd thought they'd never end........

I actually noticed something today out of the blue. The other day when Chad and Stephanie were still at the apartment getting ready for Halloween, a knock on the door got Chad up to answer it. The apartment number listed was 23. Now today, when Stephanie got off the phone with Steve to answer the door, the number was just the 3:rotfl: I had to go back to Mondays to double check. LOL Love when they mess up the sets!

It really WAS boring........except for the Steve/Kayla flashbacks. My goodness, those two had fabulous writing and terrific chemistry back in the day. Steve struggling to say "I love you, sweetness" as he was taking his last breath, then died. Kayla holding him, kissing his hands. Those were the Days, my friend, we'd thought they'd never end........
I agree! So heartbreaking watching him take his last breath. We don't get much heartbreaking stuff these days. Not like the good ol' days. :)

Peter Blake has been mentioned at least a couple times recently. I wonder if he will be coming back? Evidently Kristen has been in touch with him as Stefan and Gabi want her to persuade him how to vote. Is he in prison or just living “elsewhere”?

I wish the writers could stop writing about DiMera shares. It’s grown old and I’d much rather see the DiMeras do something other than compete for shares. Surely a good story can be written for them. Please.

An interesting story could be Peter Blake has Abigail and he starts to send Jennifer cryptic notes that her daughter is still alive and wants Jennifer to come to an island or European city somewhere (without Jack) if she wants to see her daughter alive. Peter was always obsessed with Jennifer. Maybe when she arrives Peter reveals himself, maybe like in a masquerade ball in Paris. Or Spain. Jack would have to find Jennifer, using little clues that she left for him. But Peter will be one step ahead the whole time. Tony and Anna could be in Europe at the same time and offer Jack their help in finding Jennifer.

I don't like Chad & Stephanie. It's kind of creepy to date relative of dead wife. Personally I don't think Chad & Abigail were a super couple either. But what is Chad doing? Moving a woman in with his kids but doesn't really want to marry her? Not good for the kids but then he isn't best dad. I liked when Stephanie asked what am I, when he said the grave visit should just be family. I think Chad got involved too soon but guess he just wanted to get Stephanie away from Alex.

At least Gabi & Stefan know their plan is pretty low. What will Brady do now? They could have blackmailed Kristen and said you also have to share custody with Brady. I still hate that Brady has a child with her and that she has a child at all.

I love Steve & Kayla. My favorite couple. But butt out of your daughter's life.

Obviously it's the guy that ghosted Stephanie at the door. Do we know him? Assume this will throw a wrench into Chad & Stephanie but I'm ok with that.

Thanks, robin.

I double checked and the apartment number shown today was 23.

Steve called Stephanie "little Sweetness" today.

Are Chad and Stephanie over? It should be since Chad put his foot in his mouth.

Poor Brady he was double crossed by the demonic duo (Stefan and Gabi).

Interesting to see the scenes from Steve and Kayla today. Steve died Oct 1990.

I guess we're going to miss the family supper at Grandpa Timothy's place.

Will Kristen do something against the demonic duo since they had her sign away for shares?

Should we feel sorry for Rachel since she probably won't win the Taylor Swift tickets? Nah.

I guess we're going to miss the family supper at Grandpa Timothy's place.
Maybe, but he was mentioned. Like he really is in town and part of a family. It didn't cost anything and we know they still acknowledge his presence.

Last edited:
Cuz the fired guy seemed to be fixated on sex one way or another. Chad had someone to share his bed, take care of his kids, so he did not have to worry about time with them himself. And since he thought only of himself, did not even think of what it all meant to Stephanie.

Back