Days of Our Lives - Friday, September 22, 2023

Kris10

Reaction score
Alex arrives home in Salem, and he's followed by Theresa (of course). She tells him they need to talk about what happened in Greece.

Brady meets Justin at the pub and gives him the briefcase. It's the only item recovered from the plane. They discuss having not opened it. Brady and Alex agreed Maggie should be the one to open it.

Vivian is in her office at Titan throwing stuff around saying "out with the old and in with the best." The phone rings and she tells whoever she's talking to "send him in." The him being Philip. She thanks him for coming. He asks what she wants? Now that she's running Titan, she needs a right hand man. He's her first and only choice for the position. Philip isn't impressed.

Sarah is rocking doll-in-blanket and telling her how she's so perfect. She flashes back to giving birth and Xander supporting her.

Xander meanwhile is in bed, also remembering Sarah giving birth and giving her the baby at the hospital. He bolts up in bed, causing Chloe to ask if he's okay and what's wrong?

Justin says Victor definitely met with his old friend in Greece. Brady says yes and something was weighing heavily on Victor. They discuss the interaction with Konstantin and the letter, etc. Brady tells Justin that Shane brought the briefcase to Theresa. Justin asks what she was doing there? Brady of course says that the little stalker followed him.

Alex and Theresa talking more about their night together in Greece. She tells him he's a pro at avoiding people after sleeping with them. She wants to be clear to him she doesn't think their night meant anything.

Xander says he was having a dream. Chloe thinks he's upset about Victor and Maggie. He says it was about Sarah. He says it was about her giving birth and him realizing something.

Maggie is now in the room with Sarah asking about her precious granddaughter, who is sound asleep. Maggie thinks Sarah could use sleep too. Sarah says she can't wait to go to the mansion and crawl into a soft bed. Maggie kisses her forehead and tries to hide what's going on. Sarah calls her on it. Maggie doesn't want to tell her, but Sarah pulls it out of her. She says it's a big problem and her name is Vivian Alamain.

Philip asks why she'd ever think he'd want to work for her? Vivian says I carried you in my womb for 9 months. Philip asks if she thinks that means he owes her? She says of course not. She just felt so close to him and if he takes this job, she could feel that way again. Please Philip, she begs, come back to Titan. You belong here. Philip says "hard pass", he won't come back to Titan. She says it's what your father would have wanted.

Philip says he doesn't know about that, but he does know what his father wouldn't have wanted, what would have made Victor strangle the life out of her. And that's knowing that Vivian had Maggie ousted from the company and thrown out of her home. Philip says so you need to bring her back to Titan and give the mansion back to her. Will you do that for me? And to honor my father's memory? Vivian replies yes, of course I will, Philip, when hell freezes over.

Sarah and Maggie discuss the Vivian/Victor marriage news. Everything has gone to that miserable shrew. Sarah is so sorry, she knows that isn't what Victor would have wanted. Maggie tells her she is not giving up and they've started their counter initiative. They being Alex, Brady and Maggie.

Justin is surprised Theresa followed Brady to Greece (Why?!) Brady tells him she said Alex invited her, but that was a lie. Brady tells Justin about his talk with Theresa when she came to town. Brady says she started throwing herself at Alex. Jusin is concerned, he doesn't want that woman (Theresa) getting her hooks into his son.

Alex asks why he'd feel sorry for Theresa? She says because she was a wreck over Brady's rejection and insults. She was hurt and he comforted her. Alex says and you think I took advantage of you? No, she thinks she took advantage of him. (I think they can run away together and never be seen again at this point)

Chloe asks what he realized? He says in the dream, when he was helping Sarah and holding her hand, he looked over and Chloe was holding her other hand, and it just told him something about her. He was helping his ex wife at this vulnerable emotional time and his fiancee wasn't jealous in the least. She was just there for Sarah. That impressed him. Chloe says do you know what I saw? I saw you giving courage and strength to a woman who was scared out of her mind. I saw you put your history with her aside to make her feel safe as she brought her baby into the world. That impressed her. They love each other.

Theresa said she gave into temptation and used him to make herself feel better. He didn't mind. Brady was being a jerk, Alex says. More back and forth about their time together.

Brady says if Alex wants to date Theresa he won't stop in, but he did forewarn him that she's trouble. Justin doesn't like this at all. He doesn't like that she's using Alex to try to make Brady jealous. Justin says he's in therapy working to try to change his unhealthy patterns with women. Getting involved with Theresa Donovan isn't exactly healthy.

Philip tells Vivian that he knows in her twisted mind, she thinks of him as her son. But he's not, they are nothing to each other. So he wants her to do him a favor, never contact him again. Working at Titan is one of the reasons he ended up in a mental institution. No job is worth that. Vivian says she's not offering him just a job, she's offering him Chloe Lane (just how she plans to pull that off who knows).

Chloe and Xander are back in bed kissing. She says if they keep at it, they'll never finish planning their wedding. They need to get to the planning ASAP. Xander suggests getting married today.

Rex comes in to see Sarah. Sarah says Daddy's here, but she's sound asleep. Rex has an idea he wants them all to hear. He thinks Sarah and he should get married today. Sarah is being discharged anyway, so why not? Rex says they don't need a plan, they can get married at the pub. Maggie can be their witness. Sarah asks why Maggie isn't saying anything?

Maggie says she's gone on the record that it isn't right that Xander doesn't know he's the baby's father. Marriage is sacred, Maggie says, not something that should be thrown together at the last minute. She will not witness their sham of a wedding. She says goodbye to sweet Victoria and says she loves her, then leaves.

Vivian says did you hear what I said? Philip says he did but he won't dignify it with a response. She tells him to listen. She knows Chloe was the love of his life and if he takes the job, he has a chance to win her back. He says Chloe is engaged to Xander. Vivian shakes her head.

Chloe asks if he's serious he wants to get married today? He says why not? She says don't you want food, music, guests? All he wants is her. He doesn't have any friends, so who would he invite? Maggie has too much going on right now for him to ask her.

Justin asks Brady if he's sure he doesn't want to be there when Maggie opens the briefcase? Brady says she didn't get to say goodbye to her husband, and now Vivian has stolen everything that's leftover. He thinks Maggie deserves to have the moment to herself. Brady tells him not to worry about Alex, he's sure he has the Theresa situation under control.

Alex and Theresa continue blathering on about their hot night. She says she's trying to not be a mess anymore. Alex can relate to that he says. He's been trying to make some changes himself, but he has a long way to go. So does she. They almost kiss but are interrupted by her phone ringing. It's Brady asking her to the pub, it's important.

She tells Alex that Brady wants to see her. He tells her to not let Brady talk to her how he did the previous night. She says she won't and thanks Alex for being there for her. Now that they are back in Salem, maybe they can have that dinner. He says he would like that.

Theresa sits down across from Brady and says look if you called me over to apologize for being a jerk. Brady says it has nothing to do with me, it has to do with the fact that he got a call from Tate's school. He's been expelled. They tried to reach her. She says she didn't get a call. He doesn't know what Tate did, the headmaster wouldn't give him details over the phone. Theresa is shocked. Brady's going to go pick up their son. Theresa says I'm going with you. Brady says the hell you are.

Rex asks Sarah if its just him or is Maggie not exactly thrilled with the idea of them getting married today? Sarah says she's just going through a lot. He asks if what Maggie said changed her mind? Sarah says of course not. She loves her mom and respects her opinion but she doesn't agree with her in this case.

Rex says marriage is a big deal. He's up for it, but if Sarah is not and needs more time, it's okay. She wants the three of them to be a family. She doesn't see a reason to wait. Rex promises he's going to be a better father for her daughter than any man could possibly be. Victoria has stolen his heart. He's still hopeful he can win back Sarah's. He's going to get the rings and then he'll be back.

Xander was thinking all of Chloe's friends hate him, his family wants nothing to do with him, and her family doesn't even live here. She says they are capable of traveling. Why don't they take the wedding to them in New York, says Xander. Let's get up, get packed and tie the knot in New York.

Vivian says please don't tell me you are going to lose the love of your life to that Neanderthal. It's not up to me, he says. Vivian says please, do you love the woman or not? He says yes, I do, and a couple years ago, I would have sold my soul to you or anyone who would have helped make her mine. I did some horrible things to that end. Vivian says yes like framing Brady, but we are getting off track. We are talking about you and Chloe. Philip yells there is no me and Chloe. Vivian says there could be. If he gives her what she wants, she'll do everything she can to get her back for him.

Xander asks if its a yes to nuptials in NYC? She thinks it's crazy and impulsive and she doesn't know how it could be possible unless she races right over to the square to buy a new dress. It's means yes to crazy, she says, yes to marrying you today.

Vivian tells him he has a choice, he can either stay a timid little boy or grow up and be a man. He says excuse me? Vivian says if Chloe is choosing Xander, its because she doesn't see an alternative. She tells him to become Chloe's superstar and show her he can bring all of her dreams to her. Philip says we're done here. That spiel you just gave me, is straight out of Victor's playbook. Butter me up, reel me in with the promise of validation and respect.

But my father didn't respect me. He just wanted to control me. And I was so eager to please him, I jumped at the chance to do his dirty work. But you, you're on your own. She says you're making a big mistake. Philip says ahhh, another one of Victor's tactics, getting me to doubt myself and make bad choices out of fear. I'm not afraid anymore and I'm not going to let anyone else do a number on my head.

Vivian says she knows he's suffered, she knows it was difficult for him in that psychiatric facility. She says I'm sorry my son. Philip yells back I'm not your son, damn it! And I'm not sorry, because I'm better now. But you, you're just as deranged as ever. My advice, Philip says, get on the horn with one of the doctors over there and if they have a vacancy, take it. Then he leaves.

Brady doesn't want Theresa involved in this. She says it's not up to him, she's Tate's mother. She tells him if he could set aside his contempt for her for one moment, maybe he could remember who's been raising their son all these years as a single mother (I mean she's the one who chose to move with Tate out of Salem is she not?)

He says you're right, I'm sorry, you are a good mom. You've always been a good mom. You're also a good daughter, the fact you took Tate to California when Kim got sick again is admirable. He admits he was harsh on her the other night, he could have been nicer. He offers to reimburse her for her hotel room. She tells him he doesn't have to, she figured out something else. Then tries to change the subject. She wants to focus on Tate.

Vivian says "Alexander thank you so much for coming." Alex says I got your text, what do you want? She'll come right to the point, now that she's running Titan, she'll need a right hand man and he was her first and only choice for this position.

Justin is with Maggie meanwhile so she can open the briefcase. She asks if he's sure it belonged to Victor? Shane confirmed it. She asks if he has looked inside? He says no one has, they all thought she should do it. He offers to step out to give her privacy. She tells him not to. What if there is something horrible in there, a secret that changes how she thought of her husband?

Justin says if she doesn't' want to open it she doesn't have to now or ever. Vivian Alamain is wreaking havoc on their family because Victor destroyed his will and she has to know why. So that means if the answer is in the briefcase they have to know. She opens it. Well she says letters. Justin says they were looking for those? She pulls out a document from a manila folder and turns it to face Justin. He says Victor's last will and testament. Look at the date, Maggie says and they laugh. Now we know with absolute certainty that Victor destroyed his old will and he created a new one. They are both super happy.

Sarah in hospital bed still holding the baby thinking on what Maggie said. She turns and finds Xander walking into the room.

Rex runs into Philip in the square. He's getting married, he says. Philip says I also heard you had a baby. They talk about it. Rex admits he hasn't told Kate because he feels guilty lying to their mother. He admits to Philip he's not the baby's father. Philip asks what he means? Chloe happens upon them just as Rex says "Victoria is not my daughter. Xander is her father." Chloe is stunned.

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but it seems like Brady is already starting to soften toward Theresa which isn't shocking since Theresa and Alex just had their romp. Waiting for Brady and Theresa to become an item again although it's too bad Jen Lilley (Theresa) won't be playing the role.

I knew Eric Martsolf (Brady) was a big guy but really noticed it more so in Thursday's episode when Alex, Theresa, and Brady were in their room in Greece. He (Eric Martsolf) makes Robert Scott Wilson (Alex) look small and I'm not referring to their height. Brady would absolutely destroy Alex when they eventually come to blows I predict over the Alex/Theresa romp in Greece.

All Alex would have to do is knock Brady in his brain. And by brain, I mean family jewels, and Brady would be down for the count. :rotfl:

Although it would be amusing to watch them bounce each other all over Horton Town Square like Rafe did when he beat the snot out of EJ.

Behold the glorious scene! Best. Scene. Ever!

Lucas: I don't know, you think Sami had anything to do with this?

John: You don't think we should try to stop it, do you?

Lucas: Nahh, DiMera's getting manhandled, we should sell tickets.

John: Daaaaamnnn

Lucas: What???

John: I gotta do the right thing.

Lucas: Naww, really? C'mon.

John: Someone could get hurt here.

Lucas: Isn't that the point of a fight?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

And, Kris......excellent job on the summary. Thank you! I know many here are happy to see Vivian .....but am not one of them. Got a kick tho, when she could not convince Philip (good for him!) to come back to Titan, and so went to Alex, claiming he was her very first choice.

And so neither Maggie or Justin bother to read even a line or two in that "new will", just gleefully laugh that Vic actually DID make a new one.

Great job, Kris!

The Will will also state that Maggie IS Mrs. Kiriakis, proving that Vivian lied about it all. At least they didn't drag this out. Will Vivian have to be dragged out kicking and screaming from Titan and the mansion?

WHEN will Philip get a haircut? He and Johnny are way too shaggy these days.

Love how Vivian made the same offer to Alex that she made to Philip, her "one and only choice." Please have him say no.

I wonder how far they will age Tate, 15, 16? Shouldn't he "really" be around 12? I can't keep track.

Rex DID turn around to make sure no one was there, before he told Philip about Victoria's real father, but then Chloe appeared right after that. Now what? A terrible situation to be in. She can't marry Xander with this secret on her mind, but will she confront Rex or Sarah or tell Xander herself? Or will Sarah let it slip when she sees Xander?

Watching credits at end I find it weird Deidre Hall is listed as Marlena Black. I don't remember her ever going by that. Marlena Evans always.

Is Tate going to be joining cast? And how old will he be if he does?

I would think Chloe wants her son at her wedding. But thank the Lord she overhead Rex, though I find it very odd he was confessing to Philip right out in the open and at all.

Thank goodness they found Victor's will. Now hopefully this Vivian garbage can end.

Thanks kris.

Is it the next day? The day after Greece time but same day Salem time? I get so confused when there aren't time zones.

Guessing it's the next day as Xander, shirtless again FINALLY, is in bed waking with Chloe.

But damn that was a quick plane flight leaving Greece to leave at 7am and arrive at 7am.

So confused.

Back