Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 23, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 23, 2018

For those who like violence, this is the episode for you. If you don't, be forewarned. For the soft stuff, Will stops by the Kmansion to see Adrienne, who is not there. Sonny has answered the door, and the two get into a long conversation. Will tells of wanting to talk to Clyde Weston, Sonny warns of the pitfalls, they discuss Susan and why not a good idea, still so fragile, and institutionalized. Will mentions Paul, awkward discussion about saying his name or not, Sonny assures him tis o.k. Will feels uncomfortable even mentioning the name, blah, blah. Ari comes down the stairs, bad dream, wants mommy, both guys talk to her, reassure her, Sonny claiming she is still on a trip, sends hugs, kisses, but Ari still wants her. Now the guys talk of her prayers at night, saying an extra one that Mommy will come home soon.

Leo has been trying to get hold of Vivian, to no avail. He gets to the K mansion as Will is leaving, assumes Will told Sonny of Paul seeing Leo with Viv. Wrong. So Leo quickly claims that Vivian learned he worked at Titan, tried to talk to him, he thinks looking for info. Sonny knows Viv has it in for his family, thanks him for telling him this. Now why did Leo come there. Again, Leo goes on, some meeting, papers, or something. He fakes it.

Rafe & Hope go over the pictures, the info, realizing the person who went into Andre's office wearing Gabi's coat & a wig was Abigail. They discuss it a bit, Rafe sees a message from Chad about that dark haired woman being at DiMansion, Kate saw him, Chad is going there. Rafe & Hope take off.

Down in the bunker the women argue. Viv reveals it was Abigail who killed Andre, Kate refuses to believe it, calls Viv a liar. But Marlena points out the details of the situation. That although the split personality is usually because of trauma happening while very young, Dr. Laura has said it is more recent with Abigail. She explains it all, giving Kate pause. Kate mentions having called Chad, leaving a message, so the women figure he will be home soon, and they will be rescued.

At the prison, Gabi is reading a book, some prisoner named Kathy comes over, grabs the book, and with two friends, is all ready to beat up on Gabi. Diane stops them, has them back off. Now Diane talks to Gabi, knows all about her case, Trask, circumstantial evidence, friend's testimony, her cop brother and cop boyfriend. A lot of research. When Gabi asks about why Diane is in there, Diane talks about her boyfriend, her helping him out, unforeseen circumstances, boyfriend got 25 years, she got 10. Then Diane, quietly, but in a menacing tone, says Gabi knows him, name is Lou........Lou Raines. And now Diane gets nasty, because counterfeiting might have only got them a few years, but because Gabi got nosy, the kidnapping, etc. now they are in for longer. Payback time. The guard leaves the room. Diane starts punching out Gabi, her face is bleeding, Cathy grabs Gabi to hold her, along with her two cohorts, as Diane punches Gabi in the gut. She falls to the floor, the other prisoners all laugh, walk around and over her. The guard does not return.

At DiMansion, Chad is in shock, as he sees his wife in bed with Stefan. He yells, asks Gabby how she could do this. Gabby is saying yes, she slept with Stefan, intends to do it again, loves him. Chad is yelling at Stefan, what did you do, fix it, fix it, fix it. He tells them to put on some clothes. Gabby jumps out of bed, is shoving and pushing at Chad to get away, leave Stefan alone. But Chad is becoming ill, is nauseous, bends over, collects himself. Now he goes after Stefan, still in bed, smacking him, punching him in the face, Stefan does absolutely NOTHING. Gabby is yelling to leave him alone, but Chad will not be stopped. Stefan is bleeding from the nose, mouth, Chad has stopped, Gabby craddling his head. He tells her to run, run, he loves her. She leaves the room, outside she calls 911, saying Stefan DiMera has been beaten up in his bedroom. Hurry.

Chad looks at the unconscious Stefan on the bed,. Mutters he is going to finish what he started, and begins beating Stefan again, pulling him off the bed, the blanket conveniently covering private areas. He punches him a few times, then is kicking him, as Rafe comes in, pulling an unwilling Chad away from Stefan. He shoves him against the wall, Chad raises his hands in surrender. Stefan is not moving, bleeding. Rafe & Hope are looking at the unconscious Stefan in shock.

What is surprising to me, for all the muscle that Stefan exhibits, he never even tried to push Chad away. Gabby did, but not Stefan. It was like, go ahead, hit me. Not that I wanted to see a bloody battle, but not even an arm or hand up to stop a blow. Very odd. It all doesn't start until just past the half hour mark, (the beatings). Gabby tells Chad her name is not Abby, but doesn't get out what the name really is. But she does tell Chad she loves Stefan.

I have to ask, the point of this was what? Is there going to be some storyline avenues for Gabi and that one guy that made this necessary? I like action movies and I'm huge fan of "Game of Thrones", so I'm no prude when it comes to violence. But this was just ugly and this equally applies to both cases despite my favoritism towards one of the victims, and utter disdain toward the other. I'll leave it to you folks to figure out which is which.

It would have been different if either one of them had actually put up a fight. In Gabi's case, I can kind of see it, and I gotta hand it to the casting department here. Everything about the actress who played Diane (her attacker) screamed "I'm a scrapper" to me. But the nameless one just letting Chad beat on him? I didn't buy it for a second.

I will say that I was surprised and appreciated that they tied Gabi's beating to what happened with Commissioner Raines. There was at least some reasoning behind it. I'll get off my soapbox now and just say I'm not a happy camper. :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabi knows him, name is Lou........Lou Raines. And now Diane gets nasty, because counterfeiting might have only got them a few years, but because Gabi got nosy, the kidnapping, etc
Disgusting. I'm done. This is piling-on that is absolutely unnecessary. Even worse, the dark corners of the internet are going to go on about how the writers are trying to "glorify" Gabi (who has a seriously large amount of "haters" - mostly fans of Chad and Abby who are a little...extra rabid in their defence of the couple).
Stefan does absolutely NOTHING.
Ok, really, I'm out except when these people aren't around. This is just so the fan-girls on the internet can swoon that "Chad was out of line". NOTHING StefanNo did (or didn't do, in today's case) excuses his rape of Abigail. I'm not even sure Chad was out of line even if Big Z was playing the martyr. (And again this is all based on the premise that this 40-something billionaire has never been kissed.)

Gosh. where are you hangin out, Jason? LOL....I've read folks saying it was rather clever to bring in a bit of past history with Lou Raines...especially since we never heard what happened with him. Admittedly I hated they turned that good cop into a crook.

As to Gabi...all I have read is complaints about Chad constantly goin to see Gabi, hold Gabi's hand, etc......when his wife has been in dire need of his care, his presence, etc.

But then, we all don't see things the same way, do we?...just listen to real life news! LOL

When was it said Stefan never ...........well...enjoyed the company of a female?

I wonder how bad Stefan is injured?? StefanGo!!!!

Thanks, Poirot.

Today's show could be called
"Bloody Monday"

WOW. Lt. Raines has a first name, Lou.

I was upset with Chad because he didn't bother asking Abby/Gabby why
she was wearing wig or even pull it off.

Marlena said too much again today about Abby and her alters.

The best part of the show are Daddy Sonny and Daddy Will talking
to Ari about Gabi.

This episode was a bit graphic, yet not totally unexpected and it could move the storylines forward in interesting ways. I hope that Trask is blamed for Gabi's beating and takes the fall for it. Her connection to Stefan and outright maliciousness should not be tolerated anymore. Everything else on the show seemed like filler, albeit not in a bad way, necessarily (AKA not the teens!).

I did fast forward over the beatings, both of them. I just don't enjoy watching someone get the crap beaten out of them. But I have to say Chad's reaction to finding his wife in bed with Stefan was spectacular!! I loved it. He was physically sickened by it. I don't think he ever asked why she was wearing a wig, did he? I thought he was great, until he started beating the crap out of Stefan.

Billy Flynn (Chad) needs to submit today's episode for next year's Emmy reel. Bravo! And the spark that Gabby had with him. Again this is how Abby should have acted a year ago.

I have to ask, the point of this was what?

My question as well. I was theorizing about this on Twitter and a friend suggested that maybe the goal is to bring JJ and Gabi back together if he ends up transporting one of them to the hospital. I like that theory.

I agree today was very violent and dark between the 2 beatings and the 3 women locked up. Not a good start to the week after seeing a main character killed off one of my other favorite shows last night.

I've read folks saying it was rather clever to bring in a bit of past history with Lou Raines...especially since we never heard what happened with him.
Oh, sorry - to clarify it wasn't the Raines connection that upset me, but rather the beating of Gabi who we know is innocent and who was railroaded into jail in a kangaroo court. I sure didn't like the Raines reversal but he wasn't connected enough for me to care that Ron (Carlivati, head writer) wants to pile on him. It's the piling-on on Gabi that I dislike. :)
As to Gabi...all I have read is complaints about Chad constantly goin to see Gabi, hold Gabi's hand, etc......when his wife has been in dire need of his care, his presence, etc.
I pretty much stick to the mainstream soap press, this site, and twitter. The "dark corners" are twitter. Perhaps I'll start scrapbooking the particularly egregious and hate-filled things people say about Gabi (like, "she murdered Jack" and "she blew up half the town"...real thing that comes up monthly when she airs 2 days in a row) for evidence in the future. Suffice to say that this isn't happening here and the complaints tend to appear before the episode airs in most of the country. It's like pre-hate. I don't get it.

Back to topic for me. I 100% agree that Chad's following Gabi around is stupid. I dislike this whole storyline and the expository trio in the dungeon isn't as fun as I need it to be to extend this. They better get out before sweeps but given today's ending that's seeming less likely.
When was it said Stefan never ...........well...enjoyed the company of a female?
It's strongly implied by the writing, but it has not been said on screen. Yet I can't think of another reason why he would be desperately chasing his sister-in-law who's mentally ill. With his rapist brother, they at least took the time to describe him as a jet-setter and ladies' man before he set about his abuses.

Also it frankly makes 0 sense that "Gabby" is attracted to Big Z. After all, the real Gabi, on whom "Gabby" is grossly and crudely modelled, should either love Will, Chad, JJ, or Eli, or Ghost Nick (depending on when the alter started existing). An alter who's not aware she's an alter and is in love with the same man her real persona is? That I would watch!

What is surprising to me, for all the muscle that Stefan exhibits, he never even tried to push Chad away. Gabby did, but not Stefan. It was like, go ahead, hit me.
Perhaps, certain DiMeras are not very good at self-defense. Recall when EJ stupidly took a swing at Rafe in the the Town Square and was promptly and easily bounced all over creation.

I have to ask, the point of this was what? Is there going to be some storyline avenues for Gabi and that one guy that made this necessary? I like action movies and I'm huge fan of "Game of Thrones", so I'm no prude when it comes to violence. But this was just ugly and this equally applies to both cases despite my favoritism towards one of the victims, and utter disdain toward the other. I'll leave it to you folks to figure out which is which.
Agree. Viewers get enough gore during prime time and in movies. Soaps are supposed to be about relationships, backstabbing, romance, cheating, lust, and ambition. There's no need for graphic violence. That said: here are a few assorted comments.

Sonny: He should forget about sketchy Leo and put up the bucks to buy Gabi protection. Hattie and a few brawny inmates could mop the floor with yesterday's female thugs.

Marlena: If she's stuck in a small room with Kate and Vivian much longer, she just might need a little psychiatric therapy herself.

Julie: Will the ugly fate of Mr. Sleaze remind Julie that Chad also pounded on St. Nicky? If so, she can add him to the list of people whom she loves to loudly hate.

Back