Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 15, 2022

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Kmansion: Alex the man-whore is shirtless and asking for clothing advice from Maggie for his "date" with Allie/Chanel. (He doesn't remember Lisa.)

Allie’s: Chanel arrives. She disapproves of Allie's clothes. They argue about how serious this date isn't.

DiMansion: Gwen is sick, so Ava and EJ dine with Johnny. (Harold made the meal.) They have to recap the entirety of the Johnny/Ava nudity scene. EJ doesn't know about the Chanel situation, and gasses on for 57 minutes before Ava shuts him up. EJ has more gas for his son. EJ lays it on thick with Ava, Johnny shuts him down. EJ steps out to yell at Harold, Johnny apologises for his dad. EJ comes back, more gas, then Johnny leaves and

Jake's Apartment: Kristen reads Stefan's obituary. Anna and Tony show up. Anna snipes and recounts some of Kristen's crimes. (I forgot she and Tony killed Ted.) They blah blah blah until Anna sees the obituary. Tony remembers Gabi's grief and Rolf's impotence at the time of Stefan's death.

Salem Inn Room: Li is phoning Rolf to make sure Stefan O Dimera doesn't return to the land of the living. Gabi enters, doesn't hear, wants to talk business. Li does not think they should honour the agreement with Ava. Gabi recounts the plan, and although Ava doesn't have leverage really, doesn't want to anger her either. As per, this business-betrayal talk is foreplay for Li and Gabi. Later, they canoodle and he asks her to remove the necklace with Stefan's ring. She recounts her relationship with the graft twins. She did love Jake, but not as much as Stefan. Stefan is no threat to them, because he is dead, for sure and stuff.

Some New Bar: Alex and Allie/Chanel have their date. He's a perv, his hair is stupid, and his glasses are idiotic. (Allie changed her clothes.) He wants to hear their story, acts luridly, they call him out and threaten to leave. He apologises, they continue telling their story. (They leave out the dumb devil stuff.) They kiss a lot as he watches.

DiMansion Doorstep: Anna and Tony bicker about Kristen's motives. She is suspicious, he's willing to give his sister a 10,000th second chance.

Dr Rolf's Lab: Kristen enters, looking for Rolf. Li steps out in a bizarre outfit with an even more bizarre facial expression. END

Thanks, Jason. Did you have Pepto on ice while watching? Goes down smooth and soothes your stomach from the nauseating story lines.

Alex salivating over Chanel and Allie smooching was despicable. His asking Maggie for wardrobe help was inane. He adds nothing to the show, and it still irks me that it is still "Ben" in worse clothes. I'd rather have Ben back than this guy. How can we NOT see Ben? And now he has eyes for Gabi, was ogling her in the bar, she is his "type."

The flirting between Ava and Johnny is also gross, and they just had to share their "intimate moment" with EJ.

If they want to retain viewers, this is not the way to do it.

How can we NOT see Ben?
I don't understand how you see Ben when you look at Alex. They've completely changed his appearance with those glasses. :sarcasm:

clark-superman-comparison.jpg

I can understand the show wanting to "keep" an actor, even in another role, they have done it in the past. But in the past they had better writers that dealt with it all very well. Heck, Kyle Lowder played Brady, did well. He left, Eric Martsolf came aboard as Brady, and then Kyle Lowder returned as Rex. It was a fun scene when Rex Brady meets Brady Black, and they tossed the name "Brady" back & forth making some fun.

Judi Evans has been Adrienne, then came back as Bonnie Lockhart. Josh Taylor was Chris Kostichek and then returned to play Roman Brady. And of course Brandon Barash playing Stefan, and then Jake, and is about to play Stefan again. Heck, even Tamara Braun came on as Ava, left, back as Nicole's sister, Taylor, then back presently as Ava. And then Deidre Hall, who plays Marlena, then took over playing Hattie when twin sis Andrea could no longer do so because of other obligations.

They really needed to give at least a month before Alex came to town,. By then the actor could have grown his hair longer perhaps, grown a bear or mustache, gotten a crew cut.........anyway he would have looked different and then slowly could have resumed his normal look. However Alex is a pervert, & that is the way he is being played and very well.

Johnny and Ava? Who came up with this crap? It's like Eve and JJ all over again! And I don't think anyone wanted that again.

Another thing I didn't want? Dr. Rolf's cheap return, bringing back Stefan O. DiMera...yikes.

Allie/Chanel/Alex isn't even worth my time typing about how I feel...

I also read a summary on another site and they gave more details than you did, Jason, for which I thank you. The Alex/Chanel/Allie story is disgusting and lewd and totally unnecessary. It grossed me out just reading it. I can't even imagine what the show will devolve into on Peacock. But, even though I can get it for free on my Cox service, I have NO desire to watch this garbage. And having so many awful people walking around - Ava, Kristen, Gwen - just trying to cause trouble does not make me even a tiny bit curious to watch. I guess that is a good thing, because, like many of you, I have such fond memories of watching this with my mother decades ago. I can't even begin to imagine what she would have to say about what is on the screen now.

Someone's speculating on twitter (an ex-writer for the show, I can't link the tweet because it contains profane language) that Alex is being written as an ultra-pig right now so a woman can tame him, and that will draw in female viewers.
And now he has eyes for Gabi, was ogling her in the bar, she is his "type."
I totally missed this, but the show was so mind-numbing I'm not surprised. It must have been in the final segment after Li told Gabi he had work stuff to do?

I can understand the show wanting to "keep" an actor, even in another role, they have done it in the past. But in the past they had better writers that dealt with it all very well. Heck, Kyle Lowder played Brady, did well. He left, Eric Martsolf came aboard as Brady, and then Kyle Lowder returned as Rex.
To be fair, those were all separated by years and years. We had barely a week between "But his magic meds make him not a killer" Ben and "these glasses and hairgel make me a new character" Alex.

And instead of being slowly introduced, Alex is being added everywhere, and instead of characterisation, we are getting a weird low-voice-surfer-hippy impression from the "actor", cheap glasses, and a weird hairdo. And a ton of shirtless scenes.

A real actor could make this work, and motivated directors and writers could embellish it, but nobody's trying.

There have to be at least a dozen actors available who could have played Alex, especially since the rabid fans of Ben & Ciara won't accept his first three romantic pairings because they'll be comparing them to Ben/Ciara (in fact many fans use combo names of the couple AND THE ACTORS because they are that... enthusiastic... about the pairing).

@JasonD........not all were separated by years and years, but yes, some were. i.e. .. Jake & Stefan have been one after the other, Same for Adrienne & Bonnie, and Deidre was playing Hattie, while still playing Marlena.

The thing is, the show wanted to keep Robert Scott Wilson/Ben (maybe his contract still had a ways to go) but chose this path to do so. And Days just loves unknown twin stories.........so.....why not for Ben? His mom is unknown, so why could she not have had twin boys, sold one for the money to get away from Clyde, and she took off. The twin was raised in a loving family, good education, upstanding citizen, is now a doc or lawyer (Days loves those)........and is the lawyer hired to defend Leo. (or Chad, or someone suing the DiMeras or K-clan, dozens of options).

Upshot, as JasonD noted, Alex could be played by a lot of different actors, Robert Scott Wilson/Alex could still be on board as Ben's unknown twin......with a very different personality, & smarmy Alex is around as well.

@JasonD........not all were separated by years and years, but yes, some were. i.e. .. Jake & Stefan have been one after the other, Same for Adrienne & Bonnie, and Deidre was playing Hattie, while still playing Marlena.

The thing is, the show wanted to keep Robert Scott Wilson/Ben (maybe his contract still had a ways to go) but chose this path to do so. And Days just loves unknown twin stories.........so.....why not for Ben? His mom is unknown, so why could she not have had twin boys, sold one for the money to get away from Clyde, and she took off. The twin was raised in a loving family, good education, upstanding citizen, is now a doc or lawyer (Days loves those)........and is the lawyer hired to defend Leo. (or Chad, or someone suing the DiMeras or K-clan, dozens of options).

Upshot, as JasonD noted, Alex could be played by a lot of different actors, Robert Scott Wilson/Alex could still be on board as Ben's unknown twin......with a very different personality, & smarmy Alex is around as well.
I haven't been watching Days recently so I accidentally found out about Robert Scott Wilson playing Alex Kiriakis today while browsing YouTube. I initially assumed that it was a twin storyline and he was playing Ben and Alex. I was disappointed when I watched his interview with Wally Kurth (Justin) and they talked about him no longer playing Ben.

Yes, Ben & Ciara are sailing around who knows where in a boat (Fancy Face 4 or5, lol). Victoria Konefal (Ciara) wanted out, so they obliged, but wanted to keep Robert Scott Wilson (Alex). However, their storyline for him, so far, is a fail.

I really don't think I'll miss this show when it goes to Peacock. I looked on Peacock don't see anything I want to pay for. I know it's only $60 for the year but it's the principal of the thing. Did NBC force Days to leave or was it their choice to make loyal fans pay for it? It could be on Peacock free. Now I can watch today's DOOL on peacock for free. Just seems wrong to me. Anyway I am absolutely sick to death of Allie and Chanel!!! They ruined Robert Scott Wilson by making him Alex who is a terrible character. Getting hot watching Allie and Chanel kiss. Yep. Not gonna miss it.

Back