Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 10, 2018

I thought the Julie and Ciara scenes were funny. Rafe, Hope, and Ted automatically make this episode below average. Their scenes were so awkward. It felt like the three of them were trying too hard. I dozed off after Gabi left the mansion, so I missed the Julie and Abby scene. Gabi is truly a nut at this point. I never really cared for her character, but hoped one day she would grow on me. I’m pretty sure whatever fate Gabi faces at conclusion of this storyline will be eye roll worthy. I agree with what everyone is saying about only Gabi getting punished. I can’t decide which storyline is worst. This one or the one with Carrie believing her baby would have birth defects because of Sami.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, what I hate about this whole Gabi revenge storyline, is that nobody, except Gabi, will pay. Not Kate (she never really pays, does she?), and certainly not Abigail, who started it all when she killed Andre (and no, she was not sick at that point yet).

I can't fully agree with this about Abigail. Sure, she killed Andre but it was in self defense and the trauma from that caused her to split. Also, Abigail did not deliberately send Gabi to jail. Her alter Laura did that in order to protect Abigail. That is the difference from what Gabi is doing now. She is deliberately setting Abby up and is plotting to take her children and husband away (although at this time Abigail might gladly let her have Chad).

Besides, Will didn't really die, Paige Larson was a pain in the neck when she was JJ's girlfriend, and Serena was a lowlife drug smuggler."

This argument falls apart though when Wendy the midwife is added to the list of victims, who did nothing wrong except help Abby deliver Thomas.

I am all for Ben faking the death of Wendy.....she is still alive. No one knows about her, and of course the P.D. did no searching for a grave.....Ben just wanted Abby to think he did that. When Chad arrived to try and rescue Abby, he snapped completely. He was taking HIS baby and they were not going to be able to stop him. He would make sure of that. Always wondered how the Fire Dept got there so fast.......and why that old cabin, all wood, did not turn completely to ashes. But then, probably was the magical Salem water they used....

I find I'm really like the Ben and Ciara stuff which I didn't expect because I wasn't much of a Ciara fan. Goes to show what good writing along with chemistry can do. I wish the other characters got this kind of writing where things seem real. They've actually gone on a date and Ben asked for another one. Nice to have some relationship building going on.

Here comes my broken record...........I'm definitely not on board for Ciara and Ben and have to wonder when Days is going to ditch the "girl tries to change man who was previously violent/murderer or changes herself because she just wanted to him to like her" storyline.

Move into the this millennium Days.

Ahhh, Muzza....once upon a time, Patch was not a good man at all. And Jack had problems galore......And just look at how much both characters are loved and missed. And the women they fell in love with did not try to change them. They wanted to.....and I believe that is what Ben is trying to do.

I think I'm a little more accepting of the Ben turn around because of the history of the character. I've never been a big Abby fan and it really annoyed me back when they all acted like Ben was nuts for thinking Abby was cheating on him. She was cheating on him but they kept treating it like he was out of line or something. Then I got annoyed when they took the evil turn with him because I thought he was one of the better actors they've had on the show and hated losing him.

The only reason I accept Ben's reformation is I thought (despite the delicious acting by Mr Robert Scott Wilson [Ben]) that Ben's being the killer was the laziest, most hackneyed decision ever made by any head writer in the history of any soap ever (with Aiden's sudden con-man history rounding out the top five for sure), so I have been hoping for some level of retcon for awhile. Bringing back Will was a start, meds was a good follow-up, and not glossing over his history helped.

Big difference between this reformation and others that I won't mention (because everyone knows I mean Eeej).

Back