Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 16, 2019

I hope the writers are being told to quit trying to be like This is Us
It's also been well documented that Ron Carlivati (current Days head writer) tried/pitched this on One Life to Live and was rejected. That would have predated This Is Us by several years. It's possible that NBC/Sony approved it for Days because of the success of that show, though.

While it works for a show like This is Us, it does NOT work for an ongoing soap like Days. This time jump has made already bad storylines much worse. Maybe that's just my opinion, but this show seems to be worse every day I watch. I am beginning to lose interest. Even when stories were bad before, I still tuned in every day. Now, it's not a big deal to me to miss a day or a week or so. It's just not interesting anymore. Sad! I feel like I'm watching the end of Days of Our Lives. I hope I'm wrong, and that things turn better soon.

Yeah, it is one thing to jump ahead a year, have everyone in a different place. It is another to drag out, repeat conversations, while not explaining important items.

Right now, Kristen wants to "get Brady back", and yet, have been under impression that when their baby died, she did something causing Haley's death, and then took off. Meaning she left him, so why is she acting as tho it was not her that ended their relationship?

I don't hate Days, just am very disappointed in some things. And really disappointed in Corday's failure to keep careful watch over what goes on in Salem. Also, in Greg Meng & Albert Alarr, the other Exec Producers who seem to ignore the discrepancies. It is a shame they no longer have Sherrie Anderson has consultant, she knows the characters, the personalities, and the history.

Back