Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 12, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Horton House - Someone creeps in through the unsecured French doors. Someone in a ski mask torches the Horton Living room. Chad and Julie come down the stares, mouths agape. (The smoke detector is going off before they come down.) Chad moseys around with a phone as Julie goes upstairs.

Paulina's Townhouse - Chanel comes over to do a makeover and a puzzle even though Paulina isn't in the mood. They have a few hours to eat some of the junk food before midnight. She also ordered pizza and brought movies. Paulina passes on "Get Out" because it involves surgery, she'll save "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" for after the surgery, so she picks "Bad Boys". She gets a call from Lani. Later, Chanel has also talked to Lani, gives the phone back to Paulina for a last goodbye before her time runs out. They wish Lani were here. Paulina says maybe they'll make it for the new wedding date. Chanel reacts but Paulina doesn't see it.

Rafe's Office - Jada has brought a bag of food and some cold drinks. They talk about how Goldman (the lady cop who shot Clyde's puppet) is doing. She's a tough cookie. They got a lot of product off the street and are aggravating Clyde. Later, they have eaten most of their dinner as they recap the investigation, including whether or not the victim fired his gun. They still need Harris's report. Where is Harris?

Room - Someone in a ski mask enters a room and shoots. A man groans, a woman screams. The ski mask character leaves, Kate follows to the doorway with a gun. She calls into the room, "Lucas, are you all right?" He is. Roman comes in with a gun. Both Kate and Lucas are OK and unshot. Kate shot but isn't sure she hit the masked one. Roman tells them to stay in the room and stay down. Later, he comes in and the place is clear. Kate scared off the shooter, saved Lucas's life. Later Kate explains she heard a noise and followed Lucas when he was downstairs for some food. Everyone's safe. They react to the sirens passing by.

Bistro - Wendy and Tripp joke about Stefan and Ava's nudity. The image is seared into Tripp's brain (like the image of him holding Kayla at knifepoint is for me). Ava talks about boundaries and never mentioning that again. Ava leaves. Stefan and the youngsters have uncomfortable stares, like someone forgot to say, "Cut." Later, they have spent minutes apparently standing in stony silence as they again talk about not talking about the incident.

Loading Dock - Ava goes out to the dock and sees Harris with a bullet wound. She is upset. Harris has a flashback to Friday's shooting. (Sorry, I can't link it for some reason.) Ava calls out for Tripp. Tripp arrives and orders Wendy to call 9-1-1. Stefan comes out. Tripp needs something to stop the bleeding. Ava tells Stefan to get some napkins from the laundry bag inside the Bistro. Stefan moves slowly as Ava yells for him to move. Harris has been shot in the chest and the left arm. Tripp says doctor words and asks for a first aid kit. Ava flashes back to his declaration of love and protection (which aired Feb. 7, 2024). Ava hopes he doesn't die. Sirens can be heard, although it sounds like they're still about 20 miles away on a country road.

Rock in front of a gel light (fire) - Doug, Julie, Thomas, and Charlotte are outside. Doug tells the kids they're safe. Thomas calls for "Daddy". Chad is not there. Julie goes to find him, Doug tells her not to.

Paulina's Townhouse - Junk food has been enjoyed and they've watched some of the movie. Paulina doesn't want to move her legs for her toenail-painting. Johnny calls, he's out shopping and Chanel thanks him for the DVDs (opportunity to plug Peacock streaming: Lost). Paulina thinks Johnny's planning a birthday surprise. Chanel says Johnny's good with surprises. Later, they're playing Go Fish, at which Chanel is a shark. Paulina beams about Chanel and Johnny. Paulina asks what Chanel likes about Johnny. Chanel starts listing off reasons, and more reasons, but without links to anything that matters. Paulina gets a call with an update about Harris's shooting. She wants to go handle it, Chanel tells her the deputy mayor (a man) can handle it.

Bistro Loading Dock - Rafe and Jada saunter onto the scene with some paramedics. For her part, Jada acts worried and surprised. Rafe seems nonplussed. Tripp updates the paramedics. (News flash: Harris is 50. Wait for next week when he celebrates his 40th Birthday.) Harris has no exit wounds. Jada and the uniforms leave, Rafe asks what happened. Jada comes back and Rafe has gotten word of another shooting at the Brady Pub.

Horton House - Chad is trying to extinguish the room-sized fire. Julie yells at him to get out, eventually wins him over.

It Really Looks like the Private Bushy Area by the Square - Doug worries about Julie while Thomas and Charlotte look at the gel light (fire). Thomas decides he'll find his daddy. Chad and Julie arrive, Thomas hugs Chad. Julie hugs Doug, who expresses relief.

Paulina's Townhouse - Paulina gets a call with an update about Harris's shooting. She wants to go handle it. Chanel says that's why she has the deputy mayor, let him handle it. Paulina worries about Harris. She wants to have some official discussions with Chanel, who won't hear of it. Chanel orders her mother not to die. Paulina vows to kick cancer in its posterior.

Pub Hallway - Kate can't reach Harris. She's mad that he promised Lucas would be safe. Jada arrives and they recap the shooting which took place in Harris's room. They won't let her into a tenant's room without permission; they enter the room and Jada learns that this is Lucas's safehouse. She's shocked since she lives down the hall and hadn't a clue. She updates them on Harris's shooting. Kate shot the intruder the second the door opened, they're not sure if she hit them or not. They figure out a way to keep Lucas out of sight of the uniforms while he is transferred to Kate and Roman's apartment.

Bistro Loading Dock - Tripp and the EMTs (lots of extras today, nice touch) continue to work on Harris. Rafe and Ava recap her finding him. She's clueless. Tripp calls for a defib as Harris has become unresponsive.

Private Area/Horton House Yard - Julie and Doug are embracing. She has a fire blanket and oxygen. Chad is with the kids, has a fire blanket and is holding an oxygen mask. An EMT asks if the family is safe, and about any pets. No pets. The EMT says they'll be transferred to the hospital soon, leaves. Julie yells after him, imploring that they must save the house. It's been the family home for generations, all of their history is there. Julie collapses onto the bench, embraces Doug.

Bistro Loading Dock - Harris continues to be unresponsive.

Paulina's Townhouse - Paulina is ready to go to bed but isn't sleepy. Chanel offers to sleep in the bed with her like when she was little. Chanel was a bed hog, but Paulina agrees. Paulina reminds her she's sticking around. They hug; Paulina has an over-the-shoulder one shot reaction of worry.

Bistro Loading Dock - Harris is stabilized. Nobody knows anything but they're sure going to find out. (Probably by standing around this same set for a few days, my guess.)

Kate and Roman's Apartment - Everyone worries about Lucas's safety. Lucas feels he won't be safe until Clyde is taken care of.

Private Yard Area - Julie laments the loss of half her life. Thomas worries about his cars and the pictures of mommy. Chad gets a call. A modulated voice says, "Maybe next time, you'll listen." END

A mixed bag today.

Jada and Chanel were working. Paulina did a good job, too. Subtle, and her emotions played correctly.

Julie sold her part, and Doug did a good job, too, as did Thomas. The effects of "outside" didn't work but the actors sold it.

Chad seemed bored. Stefan, Rafe, and Tripp, too. Tripp's medical commands didn't have urgency.

Lucas, Kate, and Roman were believable, but their dialogue didn't fill the scenes they had. One could have been excised.

Since I am seeing Steve Burton (Harris) in ads for another soap, it does seem that Harris will be leaving Salem. Don't know how, but he won't be appearing on 2 shows at once, and used to be a regular on the other soap.

Bill Hayes (Doug) has been on Days for so many years........gonna be hard not to have him around.

Meanwhile, I don't give a fig for Stefan, mostly because he is poorly written.

Bravo, Jason!

I agree with all observations.

There was no way even Chad could run into the living room to save the framed pictures. Maybe other pictures/photo albums can be salvaged from upstairs depending on how far the fire reached. Unless the entire house is destroyed, just maybe.

Poor Thomas, asking about his car collection, and then being reassured by Chad that he will get all new things. Charlotte, as always, stayed quiet. But it was heartbreaking seeing Thomas, especially, crying for his father.

I, too, was yelling at Ava to call 911. She could have then called Tripp, who was so lazy with his instructions. Not saying he had to yell them out, but show some urgency and direction, don't act as if he just pricked his finger.

How will Ava explained her saying "This wasn't supposed to happen," when Stefan already called her out on that statement?

While I understand wanting a girls' night, honestly, Chanel should have just come by to wish Paulina well, not bring games and junk good. First, Paulina has been on a health kick, and reintroducing junk food to her body, especially the night before surgery, was a bad idea. Second, she needed to go to bed relatively early and not be overstimulated. Maybe I'm being too hard on Chanel, but I think it was a bit much. The scenes were still well played out, though.

Since I am seeing Steve Burton (Harris) in ads for another soap, it does seem that Harris will be leaving Salem. Don't know how, but he won't be appearing on 2 shows at once, and used to be a regular on the other soap.
Poirot - I just found this:

The actor, 53, announced on Monday, February 4, that he will start appearing on the soap opera [General Hospital] again on Monday, March 4. “OK, all right, so here's what's crazy, I'm back on the set. We're getting ready to shoot right now,” Burton said in a social media video posted to the “Daily Drama” podcast's YouTube page.6 days ago

O.K. The writers and director really failed big time with that fire. When your place catches on fire, first thing is to get out, get others out, call 911! You do not stand around and gawk at the fire. Just where did Chad find that fire extinguisher? Please do not tell me he ran into that raging fire to get it. There was so much gasoline or accelerant poured over that room....there wasn't an inch that was safe. Did Chad (or anyone else around that set) honestly think Chad could do anything with that small extinguisher against that fire that was raging throughout the entire room.?

And then Ava, finding the badly wounded Harris, doesn't even yell for help. Just wrings her hands. She could have run back into the bistro, yelling help, SOMETHING other than what she did. Heck, the man is bleeding from two wounds, and if you yourself are unable to help, YELL! OK, she called Tripp. He is a doctor, and was right inside, a few feet away. But even he did not reflect any urgency.

And, a shooting at the Pub. No one hurt, injured, etc. But don't send some regular cops, send a detective, cuz after all, she is only one who knows how to handle a crime scene........even if a retired former police commissioner is right there already!

Kudos to Bill & Susan Hayes, (Doug & Julie) who really delivered the fear and despair over the fire. & to the kids, Thomas & Charlotte.

Don't know how, but he won't be appearing on 2 shows at once, and used to be a regular on the other soap.
We'll have to wait and see, but it's possible because of the filming delay on "Days" that he could appear on both shows at once. "GH" is only about a month-six weeks ahead, I think.

Actor Lamont Thompson was on Y&R and Days at the same time (just a few appearances on each show). He joked that he taped the Days episodes months earlier and was surprised that they aired at the same time as his Y&R episodes. That was back in 2016 when Joey and his girlfriend Jade got involved with her aunt's cult.

Greg Rikaart (Leo) sometimes shows up on Days and Y&R at the same time, too. So has Wally Kurth (as Justin on Days and Ned on GH).

Aaron D. Spears was on B&B for years, and he did 38 episodes of Days playing Commissioner Raines from 2016-2017, at the same time he was on B&B.

Just Samantha, I was about to post similar. Greg Rikaart (Leo) is rarely on Y&R. But his soap wife is on frequently. Wally Kurth (Justin) is on GH more than Days at times. He just went through a period of amnesia where his character reverted back to the days when he was a rock star. He played a convincing rock star. Hope I didn't break any rules by mentioning the other soaps.

Yes, I watch all 4 shows, but the other 3 I didn't start watching until a few years ago so I don't know a lot of backstory of their characters on the other shows.

Thanks, Jason. You got a short show today.

Hopefully, one of the cops at The Bistro doesn't work for Clyde since Ava showed concern for Harris when
she shouldn't have.

It was strange to see Chad and Julie just watch the flames at the house. I would been running around screaming
my head off. :)

Poor Thomas and Charlotte, they may have lost all their toys. Maybe one of those fire restoration companies can save
some of their things.

Nice to see Doug today.

I hope Chad talks to the cops about the phone call today. Rafe and Jada need to figure all three things happened
because of Clyde.

Here's a link about the actor who plays Harris
https://www.salemspectator.com/threads/actor-out.37537/

An EMT asks if the family is safe, and about any pets. No pets.
A scene I'd have liked to see:

EMT: any pets in the house?

Julie: OMG, Horton the tiger is still in there!!

EMT: you mean one of the kids' stuffed animals?

Julie: No! Horton is an actual tiger! He lives in the attic!

EMT: I'm sorry, what??? :eek: :eek:

In addition to everything else, there seemed to be snow on the ground, but only the fireman was dressed properly for the local conditionns. On other topics:

yes, Trippy was quite cool during the Harris emergency. Perhaps, he doesn’t want to alarm the patients;
Kate’s shots missed the shooter — Stefano would be disappointed in his Katarina;
Ava really is worthless in emergency situations. Some Vitali she is;
the writers should give up on fires — special effects provide lots of flames, but nothing actually looks like it’s burning;
since Clyde’s thugs were doing a lot of shooting, couldn’t they have spared a few bullets for Konstantin;
what are the Las Vegas odds that the Christmas tree ornaments escaped undamaged?

Back