Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 26, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Bobby's Hospital Room - Everett is stable. Dr. Johnson gets called to an emergency. Stephanie is relieved Everett is OK. Later, Marlena comes in to take over his case. She's reviewed his CAT scans, there is evidence of traumatic brain injury.

Tank by Trains - Wendy wonders how long they've been there and starts hyperventilating. Tripp calms her down. This has never happened before. Tripp's glad that he's with Wendy. They talk about how she lived in Hong Kong until she was 6, then moved to India. He refuses to talk about his sad childhood. She asks for a funny med school story. He relays some stories from his alleged "second year" of med school and one recent one where a patient hit on him. Wendy says she loves him.

Harris's Hospital Room - Rerun of Rafe begging Harris to wake up, and Harris opening his eyes.

Hospital Waiting Area - Rerun of Nurse Michele telling Ava and a worried-looking Stefan that Harris is responsive. Ava is happy, recaps her visit with Harris, thinks Harris might have an idea of where they can find Tripp. Stefan negates this. He has a flashback to shooting Harris. He worries about Clyde's reaction. Ava is angry that Stefan is thinking about Clyde.

Harris's Hospital Room - Harris has closed his eyes. Kayla comes in and asks Rafe about when Harris's eyes were open. Kayla talks to Harris, who opens his eyes again. She asks if he knows her, he calls her "Kayla". Kayla declares that Michaels is back. Harris does not remember what happened to him. (He's been in a coma "for quite some time", per Dr. Johnson.)

Hospital Waiting Area - Ava is getting anxious for an update. Stefan tries to leave. Ava orders him not to, and Rafe appears and agrees that nobody should leave.

Bobby's Hospital Room - Everett and Stephanie relay the double date, and Jada's accusations against him. Stephanie reminds the audience that she and Jada's parents were friends and they reconnected, so she knew about Jada's ex, Bobby, whom she asked for a divorce right before he disappeared. Everett says he couldn't remember Jada and he felt sorry for her. He relays the fingerprint incident. He thinks he's going crazy.

Bobby's Hospital Room - Stephanie relays how her relationship with Everett in Seattle ended when he was in an accident and she thought he had ghosted her. Marlena suspects dissociative amnesia or another form of traumatic amnesia, in other words that after the accident, Everett forgot being Bobby Stein.

Hospital Waiting Room - Stefan again tries to leave for work, Ava says Elliot is handling the Bistro (no word on who's running DiMera) and Rafe reiterates that they shouldn't leave. Kayla comes out and says Harris is stable, gives Rafe a minute to talk to him. Stefan frets.

Harris's Hospital Room - Harris has no memory, asks Rafe what happened. Nurse Michele leaves them alone after opening the blinds on Harris's request. Ava, outside, is happy Harris is returning to them. Inside, Harris wants to know what happened with Clyde, who still eludes the capture of the Salem PD. Rafe tells Harris he was meeting someone at the Bistro. Harris continues to have no memory or indication of memory via facial expression.

Old Brewery By the Airport's Beer Tank - Tripp wants some funny stories from Wendy. She can't think of any because she's scared and unable to move her attention away from their dilemma. Tripp isn't sad; he's angry. Tripp uses neuropsychology to relieve Wendy's stress. Tripp is relieved that they're officially missing now since they've both missed work. They need to strategize a way out of here. The lock creaks.

Bobby's Hospital Room - Marlena is going to request medical records for Bobby Stein and Everett Mitchell. Everett consents. Marlena leaves. Everett wonders who he is. Stephanie says they have to wait. Everett worries about having a brain tumor, Stephanie tells him that would have shown up on the scan. All Everett knows is he can't be alone right now. Later, Everett is signing the papers.

Bobby's Hospital Room - Marlena suggests he call any old friends (Everett suggests his old editor and a reporter buddy of his) to jog his memory. She gives him a card so he can schedule a follow-up, Everett learns she is a psychiatrist; she will also be calling in a neurologist. They talk prognosis but she doesn't refer to her experience (even obliquely) with Mickey.

Harris's Hospital Room - Harris looks out at Ava and Stefan in the waiting area. Rafe tells Harris Ava hasn't left. Harris asks about Stefan. Outside the room, Stefan is panicking and continues to try to leave. She wants to know why he's restless. Stefan tells her that Clyde made him, but stops when Rafe exits the room.

Hospital Waiting Area - Marlena and Kayla review their cases. Kayla asks what Marlena thinks about Everett? Marlena needs more information. Neither of them sees any physical explanation for the amnesia, which Kayla suggests he might be faking. (I'm terrible at set-spotting, but they should be about 4 feet from the other hospital conversation.)

Bobby's Hospital Room - Stephanie is on a little couch as Everett sits on the bed. Stephanie says they have to wait until they get the answers. Everett gets a call from the police, who want him to come to the station right away.

Old Brewery Beer Tank - Goldman enters. She demands Tripp record a message for his mommy. Tripp suggests he'll refuse. Goldman will kill Wendy, who is of no use to them. Tripp agrees to leave a message, which Goldman has prepared and which he must read as written.

Hospital Waiting Area - Rafe tells Stefan and Ava that Harris has no memory of who tried to kill him, and couldn't point to Xander as his shooter. Ava goes to the window and she and Harris exchange looks. END

At times, I almost believe Everett can't remember, but then other times he gets that "look" in his eyes. I keep going back to the first time he was supposed to meet everyone at the Pub but quickly left when it appeared he saw Jada (or could there have been another reason?). This was before the revelation of his being Bobby.

His "can't be alone" was not very subtle.

And did any of us really believe Harris would remember?

Thanks for writing this one up. I can't believe we have three amnesia storylines all at the same time! This isn't just silly; at this point, it's laziness. Am I relieved that these storylines are starting to move? Yes, but not because I actually care about them. I want to be put out of my misery of reading through this terribleness.

Harris seemed interested in Stefan being there. I don't think he fully remembers but I think he will.

I think Bobby pops out to protect Everett on an as needed basis, like at the pub, but I also think he is active and working with Clyde. It can't be a coincidence that he was the only person attacking Clyde not attacked on that 3 event night. Even Xander was targeted by making him a scapegoat to the Harris shooting. With both Chad and Xander out of commission Bobby could take over the narrative of the paper.

Everett/Bobby's CAT scans (meow) show evidence of a TBI. That does not preclude the chance that he is a lying con man. I wonder if he will eventually be linked with other Salem bad guys?

Tripp's message will be interesting. Hope she tells Harris and/or Rafe the incompetent about the message.

I hope Goldman gets busted soon and incarcerated with all the bribed guards getting the same.

How long do we have to wait for the contents to be revealed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job, Jason!

I am beginning to think Everett/Bobby is sinister, too. That look in his eyes, I don't know, a lot of suspicion attached to his story despite the facts of his medical condition. Maybe Marlena will hypnotize him.

Perhaps Marlena will also hypnotize Harris to bring him back to when he saw Stefan's face.

I was hoping Stefan would fess up to Ava, but that was just wishful thinking. They are in this together, though, and both have a lot to lose. Gabi and Tripp (and collateral damage, Wendy) are in harm's way.

Wendy is the tech guru. Maybe she can figure out a code to transmit that will indicate something to help identify their location, but if Goldman is going to probably read the message, that won't be possible.

Good lord, now Wendy gets panic attacks. I think she went through a lot more when she and Johnny were getting the goods on Li. Still not a Wendy/Tripp fan.

I didn't know Stephanie and Jada grew up together. I had thought they just met. I know Jada's dad was a doctor but didn't remember they knew each other.

I thought it was weird Everett/Bobby was shocked that Marlena was psychiatrist. Is he faking it? I really like the actor so don't want him to be real sleaze.

I think Harris does know who shot him but won't say because they're trying to take down Clyde. And should Rafe tell him who the police suspect? I would think not.

I didn't know Stephanie and Jada grew up together. I had thought they just met. I know Jada's dad was a doctor but didn't remember they knew each other.
Jada's dad, Marcus Hunter, was in the orphanage with Steve when they were kids. They considered themselves brothers of the heart. After Steve "died", Kayla and Marcus were very briefly involved, but she had to let him down and admit they could never be more than friends. Marcus then left Salem.

When Jada came to Salem, there was a brief line about Stephanie and Jada being at a birthday party together as little girls. So they knew each other, just not well, and hadn't seen each other since they were kids. The implication was that Kayla and Marcus stayed in touch over the years.

OK. Stephanie has always known the guy as Everett, but he was married to Jada as Bobby. Same time he was cheating on Jada, Stephanie was seeing him as Everett. Just when did Steve and Kayla live in Seattle?????? I think Stefen was about to spill the beans to Ava, when Rafe came out of Harris' room. I might have a panic attack, too, if I was locked up in some rusty vat.

I did not realize that Marlena was more than a psychiatrist. So, she is also a regular M.D. ? O.K. so perhaps she had to take some of the same courses, but she has not, in the past, worked or practiced as an M.D. like Tripp, or Tom Horton, etc. has she????

I know that.......I was talking of being a PRACTICING m.d. as I noted Tom Horton, Tripp, Kayla as well. None of them practice psychiatry, they refer their patients elsewhere if they need therapy or counseling.

I have not seen the show, but the summary said Kayla, who was the doctor on the case, was called away, so the patient's care was taken over by Marlena, who reviews his CAT scans, and sees traumatic brain injury. Guess Marlena has a terrific memory, remembers whatever she learned in every class, whether medical or psychiatric. Lucky Salemites.

Back