Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 27, 2020

In this state, a divorce isn't final until 90 days after it is filed. Is that typical of most states? If so, there is plenty of time for Will and Sonny to nullify the the divorce papers.

I finally saw this episode and it seemed to be that its general theme was "please make it stop."

Nicole: Why is she keeping up the pretense that the sourpuss will make a great father? Why? How can be any kind of father if he isn't much of a person?

Writers: Why do they keep shoving the idea that the Brady-Kristen baby plot is poignant? As I've said before, he's a clues twit and she's a vicious, selfish psychopath.

Victor: Why does he continue to pretend that Brady is better than Xander? Brady is the idiot who has repeatedly fallen for Kristen and rarely went to work when he was CEO. In contrast, Xander wears a suit and actually goes to the office, and for all her faults, his love interest, Sarah, is vastly superior to the unspeakable Kristen.

Ciara & Will: Why do they keep acting as though Will's release could be right around the corner? By now, Victor has certainly made sure that there's not a shred of evidence that ties Maggie to the fatal accident. And even if the old grouch confessed to a frame-up, the authorities might not listen. District attorneys tend to hang on to convictions like grim death. Imagine the following conversation:
  • Assistant D.A.: "Ms. Trask, Victor Kiriakis is on the phone claiming that he framed Will Horton for the Adrienne Kiriakis accident."
  • Melinda: "Hang up. That case is closed."
Finally, how did Brady and Kristen get the grave marker placed so quickly? Anywhere but Salem, this can take months. Does Salem have a quickie headstone company that can get a stone in place before the dearly departed is cold in his/her grave?

Am glad you finally got to see this episode......I did not realize you also were not getting the show due to the hearings, Dr. B. Definitely agree with your notes......
However, to be fair, the baby died on Mother's Day last year. I will say that, at that point, it was supposed to be 2020, November, 8. Babies were born the following May, and all that other nonsense happened. So......then we got to New Year's, which then meant Salem was in 2021. Right? So, last Mother's Day for them was in May 2020. It is now January 2021. I think 8 mos would give plenty of time for the small ground level marker that was there.
(My mom passed away in the month of January, and her headstone was up by May. After the snow was gone and the ground soft enough to place it, hold it. )

As to this time jump, it is definitely confusing to know where the Salemites are in time now. Just think, in Salem, they have to already had the national election!!! LOLOL

P.S. I absolutely L O V E your 1st line ....."please make it stop"! PERFECT!!!

Under Alamainian law, which Salem is known to follow to its letter, you must wait 9 hours after thinking of a divorce to file. The divorce is valid as soon as you sign the form. You may remarry at the clerk's desk on the way out (only one member of the marriage party need be present).

Can someone tell me which couples the writers want us to like? I can't tell. (Aside from Ben and Ciara, of course.) The writing isn't really compelling for any couple, yet somehow people are still falling for it.

Awwww, now Jason, you know you are to like John & Marlena, even if John's brain cells are on vacation of late, along with Doug & Julie. Frankly, it is hard to name any other couple since there ARE no other couples....everyone is more or less in limbo. Actually, it is rather difficult to even care about any individual.

Back