Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 7, 2019

If so, Ciara would be just another young Salemite, given a position of power, without the credentials or experience to deserve it. We have seen it in a long line already.....Sami, Lucas, Brady, Chad, Nicole, Theresa, Chloe, Philip, Sonny, Belle, Gabi, Eve.....and now Xander wants a shot at it.

Yep...we are supposed to believe that she is attending college, but we see none of it, hear nothing about it, see no book, homework, etc. Ciara doesn't even volunteer anywhere, Claire & Tripp have those waitressing job in the square, only to make it convenient for them to have scenes with Ciara or Ben.
(I originally thought the square a good idea, but I hate it, really hate it, mostly because it is overused)
For those Salemites who pretend to work in offices, those tables in the square & their cell phones do not cut it. Same goes for the living rooms of the few homes.

The look on Maggie's face during this scene! I think she's matchmaking in her head for Sarah.
Xander and Sarah would be a fine idea. She'd be so awestruck by the X-man's physique and his fetching towel that she wouldn't have time to run her big mouth, which would give the viewers and everyone in Salem a break.
I'd rather see Ciara as a college student who actually goes to class, does homework, and takes tests. Same goes for Claire.
Lots of viewers would be on board with this. How about having these two stress about things that worry typical college students -- grades, term papers, boring professors, etc. In fact, it might make for a good scene to have self-proclaimed musical genius Claire stressing because she received very low grades in her music-related classes. E.g., "Those moron professors are just jealous because I know more than they do. Just ask Mom!"

Last edited:
I'd love to see the college kids at Salem University. And a Xander/Sarah pairing would be pretty interesting!

I originally thought the square a good idea, but I hate it, really hate it, mostly because it is overused.

I agree - I am not a fan of the square at all. I preferred Salem Place, or even the pier.

The square also never delivered what it promised. Originally, it was described as a set that could turn around 360 degrees. And the stores/restaurants/businesses were supposed to be functioning mini-sets. But we only see the one side of it, and even that has shrunk considerably since it was introduced. The staircase that Jack fell over and Nicole fell down is gone. The whole area with the white couch and the open fire pit is gone. Now we're left with the area with the bistro tables, the tree with the Horton plaque and a few benches.

The square also never delivered what it promised. Originally, it was described as a set that could turn around 360 degrees. And the stores/restaurants/businesses were supposed to be functioning mini-sets. But we only see the one side of it, and even that has shrunk considerably since it was introduced. The staircase that Jack fell over and Nicole fell down is gone. The whole area with the white couch and the open fire pit is gone. Now we're left with the area with the bistro tables, the tree with the Horton plaque and a few benches.
The elimination of the rest of the Town Square is disappointing. The steps could be the site of high drama and Snow White the couch and the fire pit were a source of humor, such as queries about how the couch could remain so pristine. I also wondered about that fire pit. By allowing it, Mayor Abe was taking a big chance with lawsuits. Any Salemite who ran afoul of the flaming pit might sue the city (imagine Eric's pants catching fire, which would give him something else to frown about). Ted would have made so much money handling fire-pit-related lawsuits that he could have joined the Salem Country Club. That said, at least viewers are now seeing the whole Pub again. For a time, all they saw was a single booth, which was totally chintzy.

I haven't watched the episode yet so I'm going off of the summary. Jack should have known he raped Kayla. He read his own book! It was in his book because JJ got so upset finding out his father was a rapist that he shattered the store window in the square. I know... the plot.

I haven't watched the episode yet so I'm going off of the summary. Jack should have known he raped Kayla. He read his own book! It was in his book because JJ got so upset finding out his father was a rapist that he shattered the store window in the square.
Jack raping Kayla wasn't in Jack's book. His book was about when he was held captive.

JJ was talking to Adrienne and she slipped (but not about what actually happened). JJ then confronted Kayla, who told him the truth. Later, JJ was in Horton Town Square, saw the display with Jack's book and his picture, then tossed a chair through the window.

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/days-of-our-lives-mon-oct-7-2013.23019/#post-459114

Actually, it started a few days before, when Kayla slipped and said Jack was no saint:

http://www.salemspectator.com/threads/days-of-our-lives-wed-oct-2-2013.22986/

JJ is in the park with Bev, talking of Daniel not telling his mom so far, and asking if he can crash at her place tonight. Nope, her dad just hovers over her all the time (oh, yeah, that is how she could stay out all night at Dan's place) Along comes Kayla, JJ gets rid of Bev, and talks to Aunt Kayla. She tries encouraging him to go home, his mom loves him, etc. He doesn't think so, but perhaps in a couple of days she will be able to listen to reason. Kayla asks where he is staying, he comments not in the park, against the law, asks if he can crash a few days with her & Joey.Kayla gently refuses, telling him to go home, but JJ starts in about the family all hating him because of Daniel. She denies that, he says he is sick of everyone thinking he is so great, he bets she does, too. Well, she does, yes, and he really begins rants about Dan, calling him names, Kayla is saying that is not true, but JJ just goes on and on, calling him a son of a ........., and how rotten he is, really gets on huge rant.

Kayla is getting angry as JJ just won't stop, talking of how great his father was, his mother just won't see that. Daniel would never measure up, is not half the guy his father was, certainly is no saint. Kayla, in frustration, blurts out, "Your father was no saint either, and I know that better than anyone.". JJ asks what she means. Nothing, forget it, forget I ever said that. But JJ is insistent. "Just what do you mean, my father was no saint. What is it you know better than anyone"

For the next few episodes, JJ was trying to figure out what Kayla meant, going online and asking relatives, which led him to Adrienne, as noted above.

I stand corrected!! You are right, Just Samantha. Now, I'm looking more forward to the episode.
:wink:

Back