Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jul. 25, 2022

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
Square - Kayla reads about the pardons and has choice words. Steve is sure that Orpheus and Kristen will seek revenge on them. Steve's got his ear to the ground. Jada approaches them, they talk about her father, whom they "loved", who "was" a great doctor, and whom Steve still misses. (They even mention growing up in the orphanage.) Jada was looking for Kayla next, she wants to talk about Abby's medical records. She is under the impression as a law officer she is able to do this, and who even knows in Salem. Steve offers to buy her breakfast so they can discuss this at the Pub.

Basic Black - Nicole is back, got Snyder to keep using them and double his business. She wonders where Brady is. Chloe has a flashback to the governor's pardon (I'm not sure if this actually aired or not); it's unclear whether she tells Nicole this or not. Later, Nicole has reacted to the news, Chloe cracks a joke about Kristen wearing a governor mask, they fret.

Pub Entry Area with Greens - Brady, on the phone, is doubling security. Eric arrives, they wonder if they should worry about Kristen.

Jake's - Jake and Ava slept on the air mattress and it was uncomfortable. Kristen had sweet dreams. She acts like a princess, and wants to be catered to; she tells Jake she still owes him for her Dimera vote. Later, she's dressed and planning to ask Gabi for a favor. She leaves after tormenting Ava. Jake wonders if he should tell Gabi. Ava convinces him she already should know. Jake goes to shower; later, he comes out to find Ava dealing with her jealousy demons. This includes recapping things from moments ago, and Ava admits she only pursued Jake to needle Gabi. She thinks she's having feelings for him and hopes he's not still in love with Gabi.

Salem Inn - Gabi wakes up, Li is telling someone, "I love you." It was his mother. They've been dating a month, but play games about trusting each other.

Basic Black - Chloe recaps the visiting-Rachel saga, and Nicole wonders about Jeannie T's safety. In addition to safety worries, Chloe worries about the bizarre magnetic sexual pull that Brady's former stepmother has on the drug addict. Nicole understands the sexual magnetic attraction, and clarifies to the ex-prostitute that she was talking about Rafe.

Pub - Brady tells Eric that Jeannie T has talked to Shane to beef up her security "down there". They wonder if Kristen turned herself in to set this all up. Eric stops a tattooed lad from stealing from the tip jar. He offers to help him if he's in need. When Eric steps aside, the guy bolts, passing Jada and Steve/Kayla as they enter. Jada offers to track the guy down, but Eric says it was just a misunderstanding. Jada gets introduced to Eric, the Pub owner's son, and Brady, who leaves promptly. Later, they are sitting down to eat. Kayla explains that her brothers are cops, and this has been a cop's hangout for a long time. Jada and Eric are both runners; Eric is between jobs. (Get ready for Jada to be jealous of Nicole.) Jada relays that she had a run-in with Clyde, Roman believes in second chances. Later, Eric suggests Jada, who has been staying at the Salem Inn, rent a room from Roman.

DiMera's Ground-Level CEO Offices - Li and Gabi are running late due to some morning canoodling after their talk. Li is reading his phone, has news, Kristen spins around in the CEO's chair. Gabi speculates about how Kristen got here, any of which would have been more plausible than her pardon. Kristen wants to clean up Gabi's mess. They do some busni-babble about Gabi's position in order to get Gabi to do Kristen's bidding. Kristen was just joking, she knows Chad and EJ would torch the place before handing her the keys. She wants a favor. Gabi wonders if it will result in Gabi's being imprisoned.

Jake's - Ava doesn't want to have a third relationship where she's second choice. Jake admits that he started dating her to needle Gabi; but he also admits he was Gabi's backup choice. He believes she'd still be with his twin Stefan were he alive. Jake says he and Gabi loved each other, but it was all heat, nothing underneath. He assures his rapey roommate-turned-sweetie that he's over Gabi. News Flash: Jake drives to work. They talk about how he rushes home to her, and she waits obediently for him. (This would have been cute maybe 8 months ago.)

Basic Black - Chloe pushes Eric and Nicole as a great couple, where has she even been? They talk about this for far too long (about half a scene) and then Brady enters. Nicole alternately teases and supports Brady before giving him privacy to check on Jeannie T by running an errand. (Shouldn't she be worried about the woman who wore her face to rape her boyfriend being on the loose?)

Private Area - The tattooed lad approaches Nicole with a demand for her purse.

Square - Jake has taken Ava to buy a ring so they can get engaged. She's just as shocked as the audience. Jake thinks maybe she's the love of his life.

DiMera Office Hallway or something - Gabi and Li have given Kristen what she wanted; she's someone else's problem now.

Basic Black - Brady is issuing instructions to Jeannie T on the phone, doesn't want Kristen's name mentioned. Kristen saunters in; she's the new boss. (I'll admit, I didn't see it coming.)

Pub - Jada understands Kayla's privacy concerns, wants to solve her niece's murder. Steve wishes her the luck she needs as a Salem cop.

Private Area - Nicole has mace, Eric runs up. He tries to diffuse the situation. The tattooed lad swivels behind Nicole, shanks his left arm around her throat, and jabs a gun in her midsection with his right. END

Not that I remember.
Is Kristen high on some kind of med or something? Could not handle one word of any of her cutesy dialogue.
Thank you, Jason. You mentioned stuff I missed!!! Wish I had missed all of Kristen........lol

Thanks for the summary. Sounds like a mostly-decent show. The Ava and Jake stuff is random. It would've been nice if we had seen more of them over these past few weeks. I feel like they, along with Li and Gabi, have been off-screen for like a month!

Chloe is not being a good best friend by suggesting that a married Nicole leave a good guy for a dude who always chose the priesthood over her and many times said awful things to her before abandoning her for charity work. Who on Earth wrote this garbage?

Instead of fretting about what Kristen might do, Brady should simply speak to Victor about importing some lethal thugs from Greece to take care of the pardons problem Imagine the following article in Jack's Spectator, which would please Salemites and the viewers.

RECENTLY PARDONED CONVICTS FOUND DEAD​
Four of the convicted criminals inexplicably pardoned by Gov. Mitchell were found dead in Salem today under mysterious circumstances. The bodies of so-called criminal mastermind Orpheus and his homicidal son were found floating in Salem Lake, Kristen DiMera was killed by a hit-and-run driver near the Town Square, and mad scientist Dr. Wilhelm Rolf was electrocuted in his strange underground lab. When asked when the Salem P.D. might begin investigating these deaths, Commissioner Rafael Hernandez responded with a simple "no comment."​

Last edited:
Really sweet to see the deep connection between Jake and Ava after they started boinking 3 days ago. :rolleyes:

Days really knows how to give us the romance we've been craving. :sarcasm:

Sounds like Marcus Hunter has passed on to the great hospital in the sky, along with Neil Curtis, Tom Horton, Bill Horton, Horndog Daniel and the others over the years.

It's a shame that the actor who played Marcus died in real life. I really liked him on Days.

Thanks, Jason for helping out today. I love your play by play.

Today closed captioning had the name Shin instead of Li.

So, Gabi put Kristen in charge of Basic Black. I hope Chloe, Brady and Nicole quit.

It was funny when Chloe mentioned Kristen wore a mask of the governor.

Should we care Jake and Ava care about each other?

Steve told Jada that Salem cops need good luck every day of the year. That's probably true
because they need lots of luck to solve crimes
:)

Instead of fretting about what Kristen might do, Brady should simply speak to Victor about importing some lethal thugs from Greece to take care of the pardons problem Imagine the following article in Jack's Spectator, which would please Salemites and the viewers.

RECENTLY PARDONED CONVICTS FOUND DEAD​
.... Commissioner Rafael Hernandez responded with a simple "no comment."​
which in case I would take to mean "Thank goodness, good riddance, case closed"

Back