Days of Our Lives Mon., July 22, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, July 22, 2019

The show jumps around all over the place.......

Lani is questioning Stefan in the interrogation room, he is denying constantly, she doesn't believe him. He suggests Ted & Kate could be lying, nope.

Replay of Gabi giving Brady the briefcase. He questions why she has it, she admits she stole it, going through her reasoning.

Kristen as Susan continues to threaten Xander unless he returns the Nicole mask. He teases, she gets very angry. He eventually, (gets Brady's text) so makes her grovel and beg for the mask back, even kneel down. He throws the wrestling mask at her, makes her beg some more, finally saying he will go get it bring it back.

Replay of Will & Sonny starting to make out, and the arrival of real Susan. They mention her different clothes, she is all giggly, just bought the outfit, and the new purse. They note her acting so strange, ask about her gun permit, she pull it out. Sonny gets the gun out of the safe, gives it to her, she thinks it is a gift. They ask why she threw herself at Brady, she denies, Brady comes in, mentions her “open” relationship with Roger, she denies that, thinks Brady is delusional. She goes to bathroom, the guys all think she is acting weird, is in denial, too embarrassed about her behavior earlier.

Brady sends a text to Xander about having his brief case, & is home. Will & Sonny want to know how he got it. Brady explains it all, Susan returns, has to leave now, hugs Will, tells him to keep an eye on Brady, with his Elvis delusion, thinks he has a crush on her.

Gabi goes to cop shop, is allowed to see Stefan, , gives the bad news, she found nothing. Thinks Kate is lying. Stefan feels Lani has found something odd in ted & Kate's statement. She tells the whole who, what, when where, why, about Xander's briefcase, no he isn't mad at her, they kiss. Lani returns, his bail been posted, free to go. Gabi offers to drive, no, he is going to see Kate.

Kate had gotten bored, went out for ice. Sarah arrives, the door was partially open, goes in, is starting to take something from her purse, Kate returns, bops her over the head with the ice bucket, later apologizing, explaining she thought Stefan sent someone to do her in. They argue a bit, Lani arrives, mentions that they only have Xander's word that Stefan ordered the kidnapping. Kate claims now she heard them talking on other side of door. She then asks both Sarah & Lani to leave, Lani wonders if it is so she can get with Ted and make sure their stories match.

Earlier, Eric is leaving the apt. with a small bag, Sarah comes in, accusing him of leaving town, after they decided he should not, blah, blah. He explains packing away some winter clothes so more closet room for her & Rex. Chatter about them finding their own place.

Roman & Marlena are at a Pub table, talking about Eric, the living arrangements, Sarah married to his brother, living there, Marlena feeling Sarah cares more deeply for Eric than she will admit, yada yada. Eric arrives, they admit talking about him, he assures he is o.k. ,still going to meetings, is fine. He returns home, finds Sarah nursing the bump on her head, they talk a bit, she tells them about Lani coming, and how Kate's suddenly remembered hearing Stefan & Xander talking. She thinks it very odd.

Susan runs into Marlena, has her sitting down, tell me everything that happened since last saw you. She is overwhelming, but Marlena sits, and finally Susan yaks about her seatmate, how she recommended Dr. Evans to her, has to go, tells her to keep eye on Brady, Elvis delusion, etc.

Will & Sonny come up, note Marlena has that “just talked to Susan” look on her face. She admits that is so. Susan was odd, as always.

Xander returns to the house, wants his briefcase, but Brady won't give it till Xander tells what is in it.

Susan seems a bit lost, spies a woman sitting on a bench in the park area. Taps her on shoulder, saying she used to live there, but got herself turned around, can you please point me to Oak St.?

The woman turns around.....Susan reacts in shock, seeing a replica of herself.......fake Susan!

Was kind of hard to keep up with all the activity......I forgot that Kate got impatient waiting for Ted to call her back, decides to leave and go find him, opens the door to leave, there stands Stefan.

But folks are getting suspicious......Statements not going over well, Susan acting super odd. No one actually is doubting identity, but are aware of oddities, peculiarities.

I was surprised that Susan actually had a gun permit! I know they are thinking things are weird with her but do they honestly not even worry that it is Kristen! We know Dimeras always come back from the dead and she's done it once already! Didn't she impersonate Susan when she came to wreak havoc at John and Marlena's wedding? There are just so many things. Different clothes, different purse, says she didn't hit on Brady. Just so much!! Where is the Salem brain today? Hopefully it comes out soon!!

They keep saying Ted and Kate were nearly starved to death. I am not remembering correctly. I would swear when they first got locked in there Xander brought a bunch of food and Ted was grossing Kate out with how he shoveling it in?

Oh my god Marlena!! Stop it with the Eric and Sarah are meant to be crap!!

That was pretty funny when Kate said she's not passive with her children. Putting it mildly!!! She sure is the mother in law from hell isn't she?

They keep saying Ted and Kate were nearly starved to death. I am not remembering correctly. I would swear when they first got locked in there Xander brought a bunch of food and Ted was grossing Kate out with how he shoveling it in?
He did originally bring food to them, but I guess we have to pretend they went days without food until Sarah explained to Xander what happens when someone starves to death, then he tried to smuggle food to them again (without Kristen finding out).

Kudos go to several Salemites.

Xander: for making Kristen grovel, including having to say "please" to get her mask back. It's too bad that he didn't up the ante to "pretty please with ice cream on top."

Kate: for shutting up big-mouth Sarah however briefly by clobbering her over the head with an ice bucket. Would it be unkind to regret that Maggie's awful daughter didn't go into a coma?

Lani: for actually knowing what hearsay was. Who knew? Perhaps, she could now tutor Eli and Justin on the finer points of evidence law.

Susan: for having her own original clothing look. (Gabi might want to consider it for GabiChic.) She'll get even bigger applause tomorrow if she pulls a gun on Kristen and marches her down to the police station.

Finally, both Kristen and Zero get booby prizes for actually thinking that the DiMera name still means anything. Without Stefano around, the DiMeras are no more frightening than the average bunny rabbit in the Salem Forest Preserve.

Will & Sonny seem like the onlookers ......sort of how sometimes a couple of the 3 Stooges would react to odd shenanigans. I hated that the dialogue was written so that Susan never understood their questions or had good answers, and they never followed up. I mean, did Brady say your just hit on me 15 min. ago? When the guys mentioned her different outfit and purse, oh, she just bought them. Did they ask what she did with the clothes she had been wearing? I mean, she is not in a car, she is walking, she is leaving town right away, so no motel room. Why arrive in town, buy new clothes? If you came to see how Will was doing......why go shopping first? All 3 fellows stood with their DUH faces, & never said a word til she was gone. Yeah, I know, it was all for the humor, but, really! o.k. sorry, folks, but it irked me.

Without Stefano around, the DiMeras are no more frightening than the average bunny rabbit in the Salem Forest Preserve.
999148b28fe443be7568561ae3e73afd.jpg

I just didn't think they had been there long enough to starve. Days are so long on Days. It hard to keep track.
Me neither, but I guess we're supposed to think they were. Plus, they were fine once Hope got them out of the room. They sat and calmly chatted with her in the DiMansion living room. Not like they were on the floor, looking as though they were near death and Hope had to call for an ambulance.

Thanks, Poirot.

Some funny lines on today's show.

Stefan told Lani "Everybody in this town knows about those tunnels. I can charge admission"

Eric talked to Sarah "Kate is sweet to all her sons' wives. Just ask Chloe"

Susan told Marlena about Brady "He's a taco shy of a combination platter"

Roman should have told Marlena to mind her own business when she talked about Sarah and Eric.

I enjoyed the real Susan today. I wonder why she got a gun permit.

I think Sonny, Will and Brady gave their smarts to Lani today. I can't believe they
didn't know the second Susan was different than the first one.

I have a bad feeling the real Susan will be visiting the tunnels next.

Last edited:
Will & Sonny seem like the onlookers ......sort of how sometimes a couple of the 3 Stooges would react to odd shenanigans. I hated that the dialogue was written so that Susan never understood their questions or had good answers, and they never followed up. I mean, did Brady say your just hit on me 15 min. ago? When the guys mentioned her different outfit and purse, oh, she just bought them. Did they ask what she did with the clothes she had been wearing? I mean, she is not in a car, she is walking, she is leaving town right away, so no motel room. Why arrive in town, buy new clothes? If you came to see how Will was doing......why go shopping first? All 3 fellows stood with their DUH faces, & never said a word til she was gone. Yeah, I know, it was all for the humor, but, really! o.k. sorry, folks, but it irked me.

Poirot, all of that was bothering me too. It was almost like each person was having his own conversation without regard to the other and I wondered if Susan had her other gun in her purse, so now she'd have two guns? If she had a permit, she probably had the gun. You'd think she might have mentioned it or shown it to them. I laughed at your 3 Stooges reference. That describes some of this pretty well.

Kat, I agree, there have been a few funny lines lately. I like your questions and observations.

LOL, ERAS.........and then Kristen says.....something about not servicing him.......egads.......that was too close to crossing the line.........

Back