Days of Our Lives Mon., June 10, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, June 10, 2019

Ciara is trying to get Rory to tell her why Ben was trying to strangle him, to no avail. Eli comes along, hears some of this, is also curious. Rory tries to stay mum, but finally tells that Ben went to Smith Island, which sends Eli off. Ciara continues to pester a reluctant Rory as to the “why” and finally Rory says only that he went after someone. Rory then takes off.

Sonny is threatening Eve, wanting Rolf's diary. Will is dying, he will do whatever it takes to help him, and will avenge him if he dies. Eve protests she does not have it. Sonny is near tears, talking about losing the person he loves so much, how does he tell their daughter. He leaves, and Eve is near tears, she calls Xander, leaves the message about wanting that diary NOW! When Xander doesn't call back, she goes out to see him in person.

Lani is kissing Rafe, who is startled, what was that all about. She says he lost his wife, Eli dumped her, meant to be for them to be a family. Rafe is taken aback, she goes on about you, me, David, talking of taking care of the baby. Rafe sees immediately what is going on, it is all his fault. He should have seen what was going on. He relied on her too much, wasn't thinking. She says no, she volunteered, was glad to do it, goes on and on about David relying on her. Rafe gently tells her no, this will not work, will not be. David is not your son, he is Jordan's son. Oh, but he depends on me, she goes on, talking of holding, comforting, talking of all the love she has “for my little boy”. And she breaks down, realizing what she has done, tried to replace her boy with this one, she is crying, wanting to apologize to her boy. Rafe tries to comfort her as she sobs, telling Rafe she is sorry, has to tell Jordan's David she is sorry. Rafe says under the circumstances, he will try and find someone else to help with David, tells her Eli loves her, and she does love him, that she try and move on, go back to her life. She agrees, and later, when Rafe is holding David, she takes him for a bit, tells him how much she loves him, how the time with him has been so wonderful.

Claire stares at the lighter, lights the fire, watches it for a bit. Throws the passports on it, drops the lighter and takes off. Inside the Horton cabin, Tripp is wondering why it is taking Rory so long to come with the passports. Outside, Ben has arrived, flames, smoke. He pulls his shirt up over his nose, the flames are holding him back. He spots something in the fire, fishes it out, the lighter. He picks it up with a handkerchief, then goes onto the porch, trying to get in, just as Eli – who must have taken a jet ski to get there so fast – arrives, along with some other cops. He grabs Ben, who protests there are people inside, needing help. But Eli has the other cops take Ben to the station. Inside the cabin, Tripp & Haley, who must have a problem with their noses, finally smell smoke, and check it out, see some flames by the window. Actually, smoke finally is coming in under the door, pretty large gap there. Haley passes out, Tripp manages to get some water from the sink(!), spritz's some on Haley, then passes out himself. Eli uses his jacket to beat out flames on porch, gets in the door, drags out Haley & Tripp. He does CPR on Haley, both eventually come to.

Back at the station, as Eve is leaving, Ben is being brought in, accused of setting Horton cabin on fire. Oh, this delights her, especially with the offensive lighter as evidence. She will take his statement herself. He declines a lawyer, has nothing to hide, tells her the tale, that it was Claire Brady, why he followed her, the music tone, phone, cabin in flames, the entire tale. Eve not believing a word, says it is all ridiculous, and tells Ben he isn't getting away with it. That he is going to pay for killing her daughter.

Ciara is in the square, trying to reach Ben by phone, along comes Claire, hearing her talking to herself. Amazing that Claire doesn't smell of smoke, or gas, or anything. Ciara tells her of how Ben left their table when she went to talk to someone, she cannot find him, Rory said he went to Smith Isl. Naturally

Claire curious about that, why. Ciara doesn't know. Ciara just continues to blurt out everything, giving Claire all she wants to know. Ciara decides to go to Smith Island, Claire says no, starts talking of staying away from Ben, how despite taking meds and appearing better, he could do something. She flashes back to setting the fire. Ciara gets the news flash that Horton cabin on fire, and also that Ben was arrested.

Roman & Kate continue to talk, he asks her to call Lucas, mentioning Marlena calling Sami. Sonny arrives, tells of doing everything he could to get Eve to give up the diary to no avail. She just says she doesn't have it. Will wakes up (they are in his room) knows he is dying, only has a few days, did not want his parents told but now knows they should. Roman & Kate leaving, promising each other they will lean on each other.

Will tells Sonny he didn't want his parents coming for a funeral, but rather it be a wedding. He loves Sonny with all his heart, and it would make him so happy, if before he dies, Sonny would marry him. He so wants their daughter to know that he has the most wonderful husband in the world. So, Jackson Steven Kiriakis, will you marry me?

Jackson Steven Kiriakis
Wow, Sonny got a middle name. He never had one before. I like how they add them years later, like Jeannie Theresa and now Sonny. Even Holly. She didn't have a middle either, but when Xander put the copy of the autopsy folder in his box of treasures, it said Holly Fay Jonas.

Edited to add: I had forgotten that the writers gave Sonny the middle name of Steven after he came to Salem as a young man. Marlena used his middle name during Sonny and Will's wedding.

Constitutional rights, what constitutional rights?: Wherever he is, Bo Brady, Salem's all-time leading felon with a badge, must be smiling. The Salem P.D. really outdid itself today in ignoring the Constitution.
  • Eli rousted Rory and roughed him up without probable cause.
  • The uniformed cop did not correctly describe the circumstances of Ben's arrest, saying that he had been apprehended while setting fire to cabin.
  • Eli (who's trying to outdo Bo himself) told Ben that he was being "booked" for arson. Based on what Eli saw, he could only question Ben, not book him.
  • Corrupt Commissioner Eve Donovan told Ben that he was going to be punished for murdering Paige, a crime for which Ben no longer has any legal liability.
Don't mess with Ciara: Both poor, picked-on Rory and batty Claire better learn not to trash Ben to Ciara's face. She could make their lives more miserable that Eve's awful police force ever could.

Looking good: For a supposedly dying person, Will was in fine fettle today: lots of energy and good color. This brings to mind the term "old movie disease," a term that was once used in an article about the film Love Story, which noted that the closer Jennifer came to death, the better she looked.

I like how they add them years later
You never know which characters will be popular/dead when you want to honour them with a middle name of a younger character. My favourite example is Pamela Rebecca Cooper/Barnes from Dallas. There was really no reason for her to be named after Pam (at least not as a first name) when she was born (off-screen), but since Pam was dead when the little girl first appeared, she was granted the name of Pamela.

I watched a little bit of today's episode. It was underwhelming.

Thanks, Poirot.

Glad to see things moving in Salem.

Hopefully, the Salem PD will look at the evidence of the fire
and find the
passports Claire threw down.

Will the police question Rory further and find out he gave the passports
to Claire?

Nice scenes with Rafe and Lani. I'm glad she finally woke up
and realized
David isn't her son.

What will Eve do with the recording she made of Ben telling her
about Claire?
Will she erase it or will someone else find it?

I laughed when Will told Sonny a locked door won't stop Sami. .

Will Ciara wonder why Claire said are they dead when she knows
Haley and Tripp were in the cabin?

Line of the day goes to Eve when she told Ben he was "cheese
sliding off the cracker"

These episodes are becoming a chore to watch and talk about. I've reached my breaking point with Eve. With no offense to Kassie Depaiva(Eve), it's time for her to go and go permanently this time. She adds no value to the story and Salem has enough more relevant villains at the moment. making her police commissioner was another contrived way for Ron to force her on us.

Where is JJ?? And where is Hope?? Why is she now a non-factor in the story she was obsessed with for weeks? I need her to be an active part of the story when the truth comes out about her granddaughter. And finally, where is Melinda?? Shouldn't she be worried about Haley? This story has more holes than Swiss cheese.

I do like that Will's grandparents are visible with him. Too bad Claire's can't do the same. Maybe Claire needs to hang out in Will's room in order to see them all.

Constitutional rights, what constitutional rights?: Wherever he is, Bo Brady, Salem's all-time leading felon with a badge, must be smiling. The Salem P.D. really outdid itself today in ignoring the Constitution.
  • Eli rousted Rory and roughed him up without probable cause.
  • The uniformed cop did not correctly describe the circumstances of Ben's arrest, saying that he had been apprehended while setting fire to cabin.
  • Eli (who's trying to outdo Bo himself) told Ben that he was being "booked" for arson. Based on what Eli saw, he could only question Ben, not book him.
  • Corrupt Commissioner Eve Donovan told Ben that he was going to be punished for murdering Paige, a crime for which Ben no longer has any legal liability.

I caught all of this too. I hope Ben sues Eve and the Salem PD.

Can Ciara find something else to do besides hang out with Ben or defend Ben to other characters? This is getting tired and boring. Let's get her a job and some new friends.

Thanks for the summary. A good portion of the show was shut out here because of covering the helicopter crash in NYC. I didn't mind too much. I was already skipping the scenes with Eve and the ones with Will and Sonny.

I enjoyed the show today. The scenes with Rafe and Lani were the high spot of the show.
If Eve doesn't erase that tape, she could lose her job for acting like Bo and threatening Ben. Look in the mirror Eve, you ain't no Bo Brady!!

Two other good things about the show today, NO Kristen and no drunk Maggie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's the deranged psychopath? In this episode, Eve told Ben that he was a "deranged psychopath." Really? She should look more closely at her self. Her cruel manipulation of a hapless amnesiac like Jack is clearly the work of a psychopath and the fact that she thinks that she can keep this bizarre game going indefinitely plus her belief that she can actually function effectively as a police commissioner is proof that she's utterly deranged.

Back