Days of Our Lives - Mon., March 12, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 12, 2018

Maggie finds Victor still sitting at the club, he wants a cup of coffee, is not leaving until he can go home with his wife. She reminds him she won't do that, until he tells Eve what he did himself, he says he already did. Over to a replay of the wedding, with Eve refusing to ever marry Brady (only she doesn't throw the bouquet in his face). He is flabbergasted, she begins talking of being upstairs, getting ready, when her phone rings. Over at the club, Victor tells Maggie that he recorded him telling Eve, as he figured Maggie would not believe him.

Thus, back to Eve, listening to Victor telling her the plan, and then downstairs to Brady & Eve both talking at same time, he trying to explain, she telling him off. Justin, Sonny & Paul want to leave, Eve tells them to stay, continues to deride Brady, who continues to protest, claiming he really does love her, etc. Finally, the guys have enough and leave them to it.

John is in Will's room, having agreed to take Ari for the night. They chat about her, about Gabi, just a bit. John finally hopes Will doesn't hold it against him over John trying to save his life. Will holds no grudge, knows John was saving his life, and comments about him saving Steve's life as well. John looks a bit dejected about that, doesn't say much. Will comments that Marlena told him that John was having a hard time about Steve, says who knows what might happen, if a cure comes along. Look at me, still alive. John agrees there is always hope.

In the square, Steve and Kayla are on their way to have dinner out, she has been so quiet, he gets her to open up. She talked with an occupational therapist, who advised of some “adjustments” they will have to make, if Steve loses his sight. He though, notes he did research, figures that some things had to be done to make it easier for him at home, so he has a handy man coming in. And in a beautiful, loving scene, he tells her that even if loses his ability to see, he will always be able to see her, she is everlasting in his mind. Kiss, hug. She suggests they get to dinner, eat fast, so as to get back to their home and bed fast. As they begin to walk away, Steve stumbles and falls, John is passing by, rushes to help, Kayla angrily tells him to stay away, don't touch him. John is sorry, Steve is up, saying it is o.k., Kayla looks grim, John walks away, still saying he is sorry.

Paul knocks on Will's door, has come to see if Will is alright with Ari, learns she is with Marlena & John for the night. (as Gabi is in jail with bail revoked). Paul starts to leave, Will asks him to stay a bit, has a few beers in the frig, Paul agrees, tells of the ruined wedding. Reminded him of how his own was ruined as well. They chat a bit, share a kiss, then get a lot more passionate, start taking each other's shirts off. Knock at the door, Paul says not to get that, but Will wants to make sure the person goes away.

Justin talks to Sonny about Uncle Vic, how he swore to Sonny the Titan CEO was his, but then promised it to Brady if he seduced Eve getting her out of his hair, taking control of Basic Black, getting it back into Titan. Justin warns that no matter how much Uncle Vic seems changed, he really is not. Beware, and watch out for him. Sonny goes to check on Will, figuring maybe he will just bring Ari back here to her own room.

Will goes to open his door, there stands Sonny, who looks at the shirtless Paul standing along side the bed, and at Will, in front of him with his shirt open. He came for Ari, learns she is with Marlena & John, looks from one guy to the other, obviously angry & upset. He says “so this is what is going on.......It is none of my business....(Will is buttoning his shirt, Paul puts his back on) you do whatever you want, and he leaves. Yep, the guys acknowledge that was a buzz kill, Paul is leaving, but Will asks him to do something or other tomorrow. Paul is a bit hesitant, but agrees, smiles, sounds like fun.

Meanwhile, Brady & Eve are going at it tooth and nail. He is trying to convince her that while he may have started out conning her, he did fall in love, repeating that statement in various ways. Eve is not buying any of it, he is a lowlife, if he loved her, he would never have done that, and if he meant they were partners, he would have told her the plan himself. He didn't. He talks of them building Basic Black back up, she fires him from the company. He is still trying, she is bitter, and unforgiving, finally walking out.

Justin comes into the club, starts giving Victor the riot act over what he did, ruining Brady's happiness. Maggie comes along, saying he did it because she asked Victor to do so. Justin is not pleased, but leaves. Maggie sits down, doesn't believe Victor saying he won't ever do something like this again, but she misses her husband, and wants to go home.

Sonny at Pub bar, having a drink, bartender asks if he wants another, Sonny starts to say no or something, looks up, evidently really likes what he sees and says, sure, why the heck not.

Brady is pacing, trying to figure out how to rectify the situation, hears a loud clattering noise. It is the sound of Eve's luggage, bouncing down the stairs, as she has changed, is leaving this house. He doesn't want her to go, but she will not stay there any longer, will send for her things later, grabs her suitcase, but Brady gets up against the door himself, is not going to let her leave.

It did not seem that way.......but ...am not the writer.

Really was a good episode. Well acted...

Personally, Brady was hard pressed to equal what Eve was dishing out. Sonny did not seem to have the anger he should have had when learning of the betrayal by his uncle.

though, between that, and seeing how "close" Will & Paul were getting, no wonder he decided to drown his sorrows, and then just lookie see what he finds there. LOL

It is odd that the actor left the show for about a year (Freddie Smith/Sonny) to make a movie he financed, I believe, but, could be wrong. Anyway, it does seem that his heart isn't in it any longer.......or perhaps he doesn't care for his scenes/story......don't know.

I do think the money restrictions on the show hurt a lot.......whether in sets, ability to hire extras, etc. In the past, I have even seen casting calls for groups, that never materialized in story of any kind. There WAS a casting call for actors to be in Hong Kong, so at least that is going to happen.......LOL

Well now, Brady is fired from Basic Black, so really, has no job. Sonny is still CEO of Titan, but is pretty mad, so....will be interesting to see where that goes.

Look at me, still alive. John agrees there is always hope.
Look at the mayor. He was once blind. Look at Jennifer. Her heart was removed. Look at Johnny, he used to be missing an eye. Etc.
Kayla angrily tells him to stay away
Ya know...I like Kayla, but she should realize that John literally saved not just Steve's life, but hers and Joey's (at a minimum) as well. I hope she moves past the hurt and shock quickly because her attitude is getting old. She held less ire against Stefano DiMera for hiding Steve for 15 years.
Just Ron and the writing team?? :) If I were a writer, I'd be writing him back to run Titan in Europe.
I'd be dredging the real Sonny up from a DiMera dungeon.

Thank goodness for no sexual predation on this episode. StefanNo has gone from creepy to predatory since coming to the show. Also glad there was no teen baloney.

I had trouble following the summary, but it was my station's fault. The show started 12 minutes in. I did see the end though. Then they showed 5 minutes of ads and then Jeopardy!.

So Salem must be some town. I'm surprised that the bartender who was hitting on Sonny wouldn't be working at Unicorn Highway or The Spot. (Don't yell at me and misunderstand. His tips would likely be better in a clientele-specific, non-Wanchai Ferry-pushing bar.) Then again we've never actually seen those places, and we know how hard it is to make a new set for Days.

Thanks Poirot.

Should anyone of us be surprised Brady fell in love with Eve? I knew last week when
he kept giving those looks. I guess being in love is his addiction when he's
not drinking.

I was surprised when Victor told Eve what was going on to get Maggie back.

I wonder how Maggie feels now after she learned she ruined Brady's life?

Maybe Brady can work with his dad at Black Patch since he was fired

from Basic Black.

Great scenes with Steve and Kayla.

Should anyone of us be surprised Brady fell in love with Eve? I knew last week when
he kept giving those looks. I guess being in love is his addiction when he's
not drinking.

I believe he does have a problem. Why does he always have to fall in love so quick? That's why I don't feel bad for him and annoyed at everyone treating him like a kid.

I hope Eve does not go back, I feel icky about them. Well acted today but I just disliked Brady insisting to her about his love.

Just like his grandfather. Maggie was right, No matter what Victor says, he HAS to be in control. He is never content to let things go however Sonny, Justin, Brady try to run them.

I don't think Maggie expected that Brady felt he was really in love with Eve. She may not like Eve, but did not like the idea of the scam. So.perhaps now, when she learns Brady really had feelings for Eve, she may regret the demand. However, Brady DID start out with nasty intentions, planned to seduce Eve, etc. And for that, he alone is responsible.

And Victor......promising the CEO title to Brady if he got Eve under his thumb, while having given it to Sonny was low, super low. Doesn't titan have a Board, like DiMera business does? I mean, if the Board at DiMera can oust Kate as CEO, and put in Stefan, without any notification, then how does Victor pick and choose CEO of Titan?

Based on recent events, gloomy Eric should start a few new support groups at the Horton Center.

Angry Exes: Here, Hope, Eve, and Big Boy Sonny could carp about what rotters their former significant others turned out to be. They could debate about who's worse: the dumped fiance who had a one-night stand, the romeo who was taking orders from his ruthless grandfather, or the amnesiac who just doesn't remember you.

Dumped Grooms: In this group Rafe and Brady could moan and groan abut how unfairly they've been treated. Brady might come out on top in the abuse-received department because Eve is a lot better at creative invective than Hope.

Everybody Loves the Man I Hate: During sessions, Kayla and Jule could vent their frustrations over being the only women in town who despises people whom every else seems to like. Julie could rage about how everyone has given Gabi a free pass for murdering "darling" Nicky and Kayla could complain because all of Salem has forgiven John Black for his one-man ISA crime wave.

Dumped Grooms: In this group Rafe and Brady could moan and groan abut how unfairly they've been treated. Brady might come out on top in the abuse-received department because Eve is a lot better at creative invective than Hope.
You can add Paul to the "Dumped Grooms" category since you had Sonny in the angry exes. Paul was dumped at the altar as well (sorta). At least Paul has taken it like a man. But he would be perfectly justified in bashing Sonny a bit, since he did dump him in a heartbeat when Will showed up again.

Back